Baby’s Brain Tumor Gone After Dad Puts Marijuana On Pacifier

Vicki

Herbal Alchemist
Baby’s Brain Tumor Gone After Dad Puts Marijuana On Pacifier

http://elitedaily.com/elite/2012/babys-brain-tumor-dad-puts-marijuana-pacifier-video/

baby-tumor-marijuana-elite-daily.jpg

Medical marijuana is constantly gaining more attention by doctors and media alike. Most recently, there have been several cases reported where children have been administered medical marijuana with very successful results.

While mostly being used for minimizing the side effects of chemotherapy, there has now been proof that shows that marijuana may be able to cure cancer.

Dr. William Courtney has seen just that. He told us of a story of an 8-month-old baby that was diagnosed with a brain tumor. The tumor was too large and inoperable, and therefore, according to regular procedure, would have to undergo chemotherapy.

The infant’s father, trying to avoid putting his child through such torture, got his hands on some medical marijuana- applying the cannabis oil to his baby’s pacifier twice a day.

Within two moths the tumor had shrunk so much that chemotherapy was no longer needed.

Dr. Courtney stated: “My youngest patient is 8 months old, and had a very massive centrally located inoperable brain tumor. (The father was) putting cannabinoid oil on the baby’s pacifier twice a day, increasing the dose… and within two months there was a dramatic reduction, enough that the pediatric oncologist allowed them to go ahead with not pursuing traditional therapy.”

“This child, because of that, is not going to have the long-term side effects that would come from a very high dose of chemotherapy or radiation… currently the child’s being called a miracle baby, and I would have to agree that this is the perfect response that we should be insisting is frontline therapy for all children before they launch off on all medications that have horrific long term side effects.”​

We may very likely be seeing medical marijuana used as a go-to before other, much more dangerous, currently acceptable methods are used.

mscm888

I believe the next generation will fully benefit from the "miracles" that have been kept locked away by the war on drugs.

Thanks for sharing this article.

mscm888,
Reactions: Vicki

Frederick McGuire

Aggressively Loungey
The skeptic in me had a red flag go up when I read
Within two moths the tumor had shrunk so much that chemotherapy was no longer needed.
So the kid had chemotherapy, and the tumor shrunk.

I'm not saying the oil didn't/couldn't help, it most probably did, its just that that's the sorta logic I see being used to promote homeopathy and other stupid quackish stuff.
Basically, what I'm saying is, it's cool, but proper studies are needed to figure out exactly what role MMJ should have as a cancer treatment

Dammit, can't your Feds just make it legal for testing or something?

(Re-reading it, it could mean that the kid didn't have chemo, just the oil, and the tumor shrunk, that'd be even more interesting, but I doubt that's the way things went down)

Either way, I'm glad the kid is getting better:)

Tweek

Facts, figures, scientific research...these are all needed before anyone can buy this story fully. Sadly, with Marijuana being vilified the way it is, we will never know it's true medicinal effects on cancer, until more research is encouraged. That being said, I highly doubt we are going to find it miraculously makes tumours disappear (how many pot users with cancer still die each year?)...perhaps like most things in life, we will find the truth rests someplace in the middle.

Glad this baby got a second chance at life!

Edit: This article was suggested to me by their site while reading. Perhaps not the best source for reliable medical news?? (Warning, article deals a gross subject so don't click if you offend easily.)

http://elitedaily.com/elite/2012/20yearold-mother-sex-dogs-7-years/

:rofl:

djonkoman

how I read it, the chemo was planned, but not done yet(maybe they were on a waiting list, or they had the option to delay it to try the oil first), and then when it was time to evaluate again before the chemo would be actually done it turned out it had shrunk so much the chemo wasn't needed anymore

for example, see this sentence:
enough that the pediatric oncologist allowed them to go ahead with not pursuing traditional therapy.”

MarcellusWiley

Dab Trotter
The skeptic in me had a red flag go up when I read

So the kid had chemotherapy, and the tumor shrunk.

I'm not saying the oil didn't/couldn't help, it most probably did, its just that that's the sorta logic I see being used to promote homeopathy and other stupid quackish stuff.
Basically, what I'm saying is, it's cool, but proper studies are needed to figure out exactly what role MMJ should have as a cancer treatment

Dammit, can't your Feds just make it legal for testing or something?

(Re-reading it, it could mean that the kid didn't have chemo, just the oil, and the tumor shrunk, that'd be even more interesting, but I doubt that's the way things went down)

Either way, I'm glad the kid is getting better:)
I saw this a couple days ago and watched the video and the way I read it was that they "planned on using chemotherapy" then they decided "chemotherapy was no longer needed".

no longer needed doesn't mean he had it already it done, rather it means they planned on him needing it, cause in their mind EVERYONE with a cancerous tumor needs it (chemo).

If you watch the video and read the original Huff Post article they pretty much state that he didn't get chemo, they even say he doesn't have to go through the bad side effects of chemo.

the doctor even says it explicitly "the father who was successfully able to avoid chemotherapy radiation and surgery, and within a couple of months the tumor reduced, ect. ect. "

---

so yea to me this is some of the most non anecdotal, scientific evidence that cannabis reduced cancerous tumors since the federal government got the patent on CBD.

Top Bottom