AZ Med law??

MinnBobber

@Vitolo and other Arizona-ites:

A friend of mine's daughter lives in AZ, works at a hospital, and was just diagnosed with breast cancer.
I brooched the subject of cannabis with the mom and the daughter says she cannot consider as the hospital does not allow employees to use, even as a med cannabis patient.

I found this: regarding AZ med cannabis law:
Can I be fired for using or possessing medical marijuana legally?
A patient can be fired if he or she is in possession or under the influence of marijuana at the workplace.

It is illegal for an employer to take adverse action against an employee because of cardholder status or a positive test for the presence of marijuana, unless the employer would lose federal funding or licensing for not taking action. It does happen but often never makes it to court, according to marijuana lawyer Thomas Dean.

"It is usually fairly clear when an employer takes adverse action because it is in response to a positive test or, in the case of refusals-to-hire, often the person is told that they are hired and all that remains is to get the results of the drug test back. ....
...........................................................................................................

Any experience with hospital employees and med cannabis use is greatly appreciated.

Thank you

The stigma is massive. Here in MN I was assisting someone whose 90 year old dad was in a long term care facility and their response was---if we know he's using cannabis he will be immediately evicted. Thank you health care facility for putting health first---not.

In AZ, is there protection for hospital employees OR does the federal connection allow them to be Draconian ?

EDIT--if not full spectrum THC/CBD products, would CBD only products get around a hospital ban???

Last edited:
MinnBobber,
Reactions: Vitolo

MinnBobber

thanks @C No Ego , she writes that:
“Our findings reveal an unprecedented role of CB2 as a pivotal regulator of HER2 pro-oncogenic signaling in breast cancer, and they suggest that CB2 may be a biomarker with prognostic value in these tumors,” writes Sanchez and her team in a 2015 report for the Journal of the National Cancer Institute."

No surprise that that cannabis could be important in breast cancer treatment.
I cannot find the study at the moment but there was a very interesting study in Spain?? where they actually grew human breast cancer externally on lab mice and microdoses of cannabis (microdose based on mice weight so really micro-microdose) actually reduced the active tumors.
Yet, it's still a crime for most folks to use cannabis and go to work

C No Ego

thanks @C No Ego , she writes that:
“Our findings reveal an unprecedented role of CB2 as a pivotal regulator of HER2 pro-oncogenic signaling in breast cancer, and they suggest that CB2 may be a biomarker with prognostic value in these tumors,” writes Sanchez and her team in a 2015 report for the Journal of the National Cancer Institute."

No surprise that that cannabis could be important in breast cancer treatment.
I cannot find the study at the moment but there was a very interesting study in Spain?? where they actually grew human breast cancer externally on lab mice and microdoses of cannabis (microdose based on mice weight so really micro-microdose) actually reduced the active tumors.
Yet, it's still a crime for most folks to use cannabis and go to work

this is crazy stuff man... I feel so past the twilight zone effects now and see a bright future for us in real time ...

CBC , and CBG are showing to be good for the condition if I'm not mistaken. certain cannabinoids are showing negative treatment effects in that region.
best cannabinoid to treat breast cancer with
https://duckduckgo.com/?q=best+cannabinoid+to+treat+breast+cancer+with&t=ffcm&atb=v62-6__&ia=web

Edit- it has to do with how many PPAR and TRPv1 hormone receptors the cannabinoiods can activate / down regulate... those hormone responses are in that region too and the cannabimimetic activity there is more hormone enzyme regulated

Last edited:
C No Ego,
Top Bottom