Awful headaches :(

William

Alright guys I got a serious problem here. Latley I have been getting pressure headaches / sinus pressure. It hurts my ears and forehead whenever I vape or smoke. I've been smoking for 3 years and the first 2 1/2 years this hasn't been occurring. It just happened out of nowhere. I have pretty bad allergies already, I take sinus pressure relief medicine before I toke but it still hurts. Anyone else had this problem and know the cure? It's really annoying since I don't wanna quit medicating but the pain from the herb is annoying.

William,

momofthegoons

vapor accessory addict
I don't really suffer from allergies, but I know if I vape while congested from a cold, etc., I will get pressure in my sinus area and in the back of my neck. Perhaps you should back off a bit while your allergies are really flared up.

And, as Tweek mentioned, it could be dehydration. Try making a habit of also having a drink nearby while vaping. It will help the dehydration and also sooth and clear your throat.

lazylathe

Almost there...
My first thought was dehydration.
Have a glass of water before starting a session and fill it up and take it with you.
Drink throughout the session and then refill and sip afterwards.

Instant cure for me!
And as momofthegoons said, if you have a cold etc... try laying off for a bit as it may aggravate your condition.

max

Out to lunch
I've never quit using during a cold. Doesn't make it go away quicker, but it lessens the misery.

I've suspected mj now and then of causing headaches, but have never been able to give it a definite yes, and headaches are pretty rare for me.

Enchantre

Oil Painter
I'd question where/how your mj is grown. Is it outdoor? if so, it MAY have picked up some pollen from another plant, such as ragweed, which you are having an allergic reaction to.

I do occasionally get a pressure headache when I use a bit much (too large a dab, or too many vape hits of flowers), but it is fleeting, and I always drink a lot of water when I do that. I often get sinus irritation when I exhale through my nose, especially with really low-temp hits & with dabs. It doesn't last long, but I will have to blow my nose.

William

Dehydrated?
I could be possibly.

I don't really suffer from allergies, but I know if I vape while congested from a cold, etc., I will get pressure in my sinus area and in the back of my neck. Perhaps you should back off a bit while your allergies are really flared up.

And, as Tweek mentioned, it could be dehydration. Try making a habit of also having a drink nearby while vaping. It will help the dehydration and also sooth and clear your throat.
Does vapor cause dehydration quicker? It could very well be that im dehydrated but im not for certain. I will bring a drink with me to my next session.

I'd question where/how your mj is grown. Is it outdoor? if so, it MAY have picked up some pollen from another plant, such as ragweed, which you are having an allergic reaction to.

I do occasionally get a pressure headache when I use a bit much (too large a dab, or too many vape hits of flowers), but it is fleeting, and I always drink a lot of water when I do that. I often get sinus irritation when I exhale through my nose, especially with really low-temp hits & with dabs. It doesn't last long, but I will have to blow my nose.
I live in a non medical state (KY). I believe that the marijuana is grown indoor, also could it possibly be that the herb wasn't flushed correctly? Ive read that properly flushed herb leaves a white(ish) ash when burned, the herb I have leaves behind a more gray ash not white.

i agree with Enchantre ... have you tried mj from different sources. some growers think it's okay to kill the pests with systemic poisons. i've read about people having reactions to even trace amounts. Some people are hyper sensitive.
I do have a few different types of weed handy actually, I have 3 different strains (unknown) and 2 of them seems to be flushed incorrectly. ( grayish/black ash when burned)

Last edited by a moderator:

JoeKickass

I can get something similar if I overdo it and cough a lot or get throat irritation, a feeling like your ears want to pop but they can't. But it also happens mainly when I'm sick or my nose is stuffed so if yours happens when you're otherwise feeling fine I think I might suspect the cannabis...

JoeKickass,

William

I can get something similar if I overdo it and cough a lot or get throat irritation, a feeling like your ears want to pop but they can't. But it also happens mainly when I'm sick or my nose is stuffed so if yours happens when you're otherwise feeling fine I think I might suspect the cannabis...
I think I need to start taking smaller hits also. I get alot of sinus pressure throughout the day. I have bad allergies and mowing yards and landscaping during the day doesn't help im sure.

Hexi

1. Possible dehydration
2. uncontrolled source product = could be covered in allergens
3. Other batches of herb have same effect on you?
4. Trace the date it started, now look the pollen counts in your zipcode for those dates
5. Have you had your blood pressure checked? High BP + allergies = raging headaches
6. Blood pressure is a very common cause of headaches for Males

William

1. Possible dehydration
2. uncontrolled source product = could be covered in allergens
3. Other batches of herb have same effect on you?
4. Trace the date it started, now look the pollen counts in your zipcode for those dates
5. Have you had your blood pressure checked? High BP + allergies = raging headaches
6. Blood pressure is a very common cause of headaches for Males

I have had my blood pressure checked about a month ago, I don't recall what it was exactly but the doctors didn't say my blood pressure was abnormal. I smoked last night, did not experience any headaches. I will be smoking again later today and I will see if I get a headache tonight or not.

William,

m0sh

Singer Song Writer Stoner
Usually.............. 90% is all about not drinking enough water throughout the day...

m0sh,
Reactions: vapirtoo

William

Usually.............. 90% is all about not drinking enough water throughout the day...

Yes, Dehydration is a cause for headaches. I drink plenty throughout the day since I am working outside in the hot weather all day, BUT after work I do tend to slack off the drinking of fluids. I am now bringing a large glass of water with me to medicate

Quetzalcoatl

DEADY GUERRERO/DIRT COBAIN/GEORGE KUSH
Get some electrolytes in you. Is the same batch consistently doing this? Perhaps unflushed product?

Quetzalcoatl,

vaporonly

living in a van down by the river
if your sinuses are irritated or infected smoke or even vapor in those cavities is going to give you these pressure headaches.

the act of smoking or vaping also creates some pressure in those areas which can further irritate them.

sometimes you just gotta take a break until you get it cleared up or deal with the pain.

I found goldenseal works great for sinus problems but please do the research before trying herbal remedies

Hexi

Did everything check out at the Dr.? there could be a million other possibilities like migraines (hereditary)...

Hexi,

William

Get some electrolytes in you. Is the same batch consistently doing this? Perhaps unflushed product?
Some of it was actually flushed incorrectly I believe. Still getting pressure in the head though.

if your sinuses are irritated or infected smoke or even vapor in those cavities is going to give you these pressure headaches.

the act of smoking or vaping also creates some pressure in those areas which can further irritate them.

sometimes you just gotta take a break until you get it cleared up or deal with the pain.

I found goldenseal works great for sinus problems but please do the research before trying herbal remedies
Ill check out goldenseal.

Did everything check out at the Dr.? there could be a million other possibilities like migraines (hereditary)...

Yes everything was fine at the doctors. Ive never had a migraine before just pressure in my sinuses and common headaches.

Mod note: please do not make back to back posts. Use the edit button to revise your post for up to 6 hours after posting.

Last edited by a moderator:
William,

C No Ego

if you are outside breathing in lots of dust particulates with your work consider using a netty pot to flush out your nasal passages. use warm saline water to flush with...

C No Ego,

William

if you are outside breathing in lots of dust particulates with your work consider using a netty pot to flush out your nasal passages. use warm saline water to flush with...
Yeah I've been doing that weekly. I think wearing a respirator mask made to filter out pollen and dust etc will help me out a bit also. I started wearing one today and I will use my neti pot also. Hopefully thr respirator will cut down my sinus irritation

William,

Buildozer

Baked & Fried
what vape are you using?? is there a lot of restriction?? maybe a long whip to a bong or something? i know too much restriction gives me pressure headaches like that.. usually for me in the back of my head though.. but IMO a restricting vape can be at least partially responsible.. i'm sure its a number of things messing w/ you.

Buildozer,

William

what color is your snot?
Clear.
what vape are you using?? is there a lot of restriction?? maybe a long whip to a bong or something? i know too much restriction gives me pressure headaches like that.. usually for me in the back of my head though.. but IMO a restricting vape can be at least partially responsible.. i'm sure its a number of things messing w/ you.
Da buddha, not really restrictive in my opinion. I think its something with my allergies at this point.

William,

vaporonly

living in a van down by the river
Clear.

Da buddha, not really restrictive in my opinion. I think its something with my allergies at this point.

that's good clear means probably not an infection,

my da buddha will give me these headaches if i have sinus irriation, so it's not always the restrictive ones that cause pain.

have you tried sending vapor through water to cool it down?

vaporonly,
Top Bottom