• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

AVS Molecule RDA

tennisguru1

EXCELSIOR!
Are you running TCR# 92 in AF?
Did it fix you up?

pjO-EXR9dh95n4-_puNugwscW3CrxnyUIXX--6-_h_M.jpg
V0fFw3MowXpwf-GVusnEQudqBgTFNtvbsNOppKFTWKY.jpg

Something like that, around TCR 88-92 or so, I can't remember because I just had to actually revert to stock firmware for it to work? Nothing was working in Arctic Fox. That sucks since the stock Joyetech TC is not near as good but at least I got to see it heat up quick and actually give off a pull. Really not sure why I had to go through all these hops unless there is a bug in my older AF profile, might try the very lastest AF build later and see if that does something, I recall having similar TC issues at one point with my W9 KISS carts as they would do the same, instantly going into Temp protection so maybe AF is the issue?

I switched it over to my Primo Mini, screwed the housing off, then unscrewed the atomizer base and the it slipped right out of my hands and bumped off my night stand and shattered the quartz bowl! Gave it a rebuild (so glad AVS includes the spare parts that they do) and it's reading .24 on the Primo Mini and .54 on my Evic basic, seems like a strange gap but I'll keep tinkering. It's just now starting to work, but my battery is dead :lol: more testing soon.

WoW Rough go buddy, sorry.
Wish I could send you a big fat hit to help you chill after all that stress.

Something like that, around TCR 88-92 or so, I can't remember because I just had to actually revert to stock firmware for it to work? Nothing was working in Arctic Fox. That sucks since the stock Joyetech TC is not near as good but at least I got to see it heat up quick and actually give off a pull. Really not sure why I had to go through all these hops unless there is a bug in my older AF profile, might try the very lastest AF build later and see if that does something, I recall having similar TC issues at one point with my W9 KISS carts as they would do the same, instantly going into Temp protection so maybe AF is the issue?

I switched it over to my Primo Mini, screwed the housing off, then unscrewed the atomizer base and the it slipped right out of my hands and bumped off my night stand and shattered the quartz bowl! Gave it a rebuild (so glad AVS includes the spare parts that they do) and it's reading .24 on the Primo Mini and .54 on my Evic basic, seems like a strange gap but I'll keep tinkering. It's just now starting to work, but my battery is dead :lol: more testing soon.
elj316oz10v11.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer
WoW Rough go buddy, sorry.
Wish I could send you a big fat hit to help you chill after all that stress.

One love!! :sherlock::leaf::cheers:

I did have to hit the enail after all this fiddling, thought I got it working but its instantly dropping me into wattage mode. I'm generally pretty good with these box mods so I'm feeling pretty stumped! I thought I had it working but it shot out of TC into power mode at 20 watts straight and now my coil tastes and smells like burnt oil :(

I think I'm just gonna screw this CCELL back on for a while :lol::lol::rofl::lol::lol:

Is that the PNWT? Looks like a sweet little water cooled ripper!

Edit: Changed coils, thought it was working for a second, but then, nope, TC not working again :\ I'm starting to wonder if something is messed up with my Evic Basic as the same coil is reading .26 ohms on my Primo Mini, only problem is my Primo Mini is messed up too (apparently there's a common charge door problem with these where it loses connection with a battery, I need a small Torx screwdriver but have not been able to find it locally.)

Because of that I can't actually try it on my Primo Mini but the resistance difference makes me wonder.

Last edited:
invertedisdead,

subway13029

I’m thinking it has to be your mod..I was having some issues and my coil wasn’t screwed all the way down. When my mod gets to temp it says protect but in the manual it says that is showing it’s at temp and won’t go over..so mine just keeps trucking..if my coil resistance was too high then it would auto kick me to wattage mode..once I go it and locked it in then I was good to go..

Samson

My buddy who I gifted my Mole to just gave it back
PS(As I mentioned before, I am using No Saionara parts, but you can as I use
Max Vapor Base (better bottom airflow for donuts, cooler looking than Sai)
My special see thru glass stem top and custom straw (kinda like DT Matt's tests)
Only thing from Crossing I use is the Atty's Donut 10mm Ti & QC, This is without a
doubt the best all around setup I've used as a DD EVER. SHEG! LOL!

Wow I'm seriously considering getting a sai after your post. Any chance we can see some pics of your setup?

What's the Max Vapor Base and what are the best mid-priced and high-priced mods for the Sai?

Last edited:

tennisguru1

EXCELSIOR!

Don't sweat it man, as soon as they restock on QC for Sai there is really no reason to use
the Mole as anything but what it is good at ,a coil vape system.
I messed with coil around a deeper Quartz to heat sides, it didn't
work & it is not needed as it works perfect in the Sai as is.
The new heater is Awesome in the Ti Skillet also. Going to use the
old donut heaters as straight vape off the 10mm Af settings, sweet.
If you heat the sides, that's when it really climb the cup, lol.
Sai has it perfect , only thing could be better if cup was deeper you
could load more at once, but that's what sequoia is for, but for me
bigger is not better, lol.
So sorry for all those that missed the shipment of QC Cups,
they might get back in stock by holloween at HVT.
Wish I got more, 4 of my buds with Sai 's are dying & crying.
I told them, hahaha, why wait for something that might happen
when the real deal is at your doorstep, lol.

Don't sweat it man, as soon as they restock on QC for Sai there is really no reason to use
the Mole as anything but what it is good at ,a coil vape system.
I messed with coil around a deeper Quartz to heat sides, it didn't
work & it is not needed as it works perfect in the Sai as is.
The new heater is Awesome in the Ti Skillet also. Going to use the
old donut heaters as straight vape off the 10mm Af settings, sweet.
If you heat the sides, that's when it really climb the cup, lol.
Sai has it perfect , only thing could be better if cup was deeper you
could load more at once, but that's what sequoia is for, but for me
bigger is not better, lol.
So sorry for all those that missed the shipment of QC Cups,
they might get back in stock by holloween at HVT.
Wish I got more, 4 of my buds with Sai 's are dying & crying.
I told them, hahaha, why wait for something that might happen
when the real deal is at your doorstep, lol.
K4aVhKc.jpg

This is what the Mole shins at! Stealthy Bandito

Last edited by a moderator:

tennisguru1

EXCELSIOR!
Wow I'm seriously considering getting a sai after your post. Any chance we can see some pics of your setup?

What's the Max Vapor Base and what are the best mid-priced and high-priced mods for the Sai?

I can give you links to the Max Eagle & what's really going on in the state of the art
in Quartz & Ti Buckets in the portable world. Go over to Saionara thread as we don't
want to upset the politics of this thread, hahaha. It's so slanted badly misinformed
like our politics on this thread as it shouldn't be as we are all trying to help each
other achieve the same goal and we'll all arrive at the same place NIRVANA! lol.
All this BS over Sai Sai Sai & Mole Mole Mole just holds the rest of us back.
For $33 each you can have the best of both worlds Coils & Buckets.
I'm heading into the future, bye for now as the future is here, Experience it for
yourself , not think like Red & Blue party, see where that got us, LOL!

subway13029

all you talk about is the sai..how is that politics?? you dont even use a sai!!max eagle base with yada yada..i have a sai too but this is the molecule thread and all you do is talk about the sai..but damn i was just kidding and you got all butt hurt?? geez..have nice day and i hope you cheerup..

tennisguru1

EXCELSIOR!
all you talk about is the sai..how is that politics?? you dont even use a sai!!max eagle base with yada yada..i have a sai too but this is the molecule thread and all you do is talk about the sai..but damn i was just kidding and you got all butt hurt?? geez..have nice day and i hope you cheerup..

Hahahaha sorry , ignorance is bliss isn't it. lol

tennisguru1,

florduh

So this is definitely an advanced device.

It took me several tries to reinstall a new coil. The issue was getting the coil to lay flat, especially when tightening the screws. I ended up using a magnetic dab tool to push down on the coil as I tightened the screws. This worked great, but it was kind of a pain. Practice makes perfect, but it's not as easy as screwing in a new Sai coil.

It worked out though. Placing the coil tight against the quartz dish doesn't allow the oil to escape anywhere.

tennisguru1

EXCELSIOR!

It took me several tries to reinstall a new coil. The issue was getting the coil to lay flat, especially when tightening the screws. I ended up using a magnetic dab tool to push down on the coil as I tightened the screws. This worked great, but it was kind of a pain. Practice makes perfect, but it's not as easy as screwing in a new Sai coil.

It worked out though. Placing the coil tight against the quartz dish doesn't allow the oil to escape anywhere.

Were you able to get them flat to strum to around .386 ?
Haven't had to change from original ones still taste fine.

30% OFF Halloween sale site-wide! Just use coupon code "SPOOKY30" at checkout. This sale runs from now until Friday.
I really like the new bubbler design base.

florduh

Were you able to get them flat to strum to around .386 ?
Haven't had to change from original ones still taste fine.

30% OFF Halloween sale site-wide! Just use coupon code "SPOOKY30" at checkout. This sale runs from now until Friday.
I really like the new bubbler design base.

Yeah I should have just stuck with my original coils because they were still tasting good.

The strumming part worked out pretty well and the coils came out at .39

Thanks for the heads up on the coupon. I may pick up some new coils. I do wish the new coilless design was out though.

tennisguru1

EXCELSIOR!
Yeah I should have just stuck with my original coils because they were still tasting good.

The strumming part worked out pretty well and the coils came out at .39

Thanks for the heads up on the coupon. I may pick up some new coils. I do wish the new coilless design was out though.

Cool, .39 , I hope I do as well when the time comes , lol. I'd take anything under .4 , good job.
This just in...
We would also like to take a minute to thank everyone for their patience with us, particularly those that have pre-ordered the quartz inserts for the Molecule. It's been a crazy few weeks here at AVS, with our fair share of growing pains, and a lot of things are happening. We have some important news about that and some new product launches:

• The Quartz inserts are finally on their way from the manufacturer, and we will get them and ship them out as soon as they clear customs and arrive to us. This is still the pre-order version that will be replaced by the final version at no cost to you. This entire process has been very difficult from start to finish and we are very anxious to get these and ship them out.
  • Bubbler adapters are also in transit to us now.
  • Poseidon bubblers will be sold here! They'll be here this week.
  • Black, SS, Blue, and White Molecules are in stock.

tennisguru1

EXCELSIOR!
Yes it is..and this is also a vape forum...
heres a comparison. you can see that TCR92 is a lot steeper. https://imgur.com/gallery/Ad1lKBe

inb4zombies 5 points 4 hours ago*

the accepted temperature coefficient of resistance on 316L stainless (All AVS prebuilt coils use 316L stainless to my knowledge) is 91 to 94. TFR doesn’t use resistance and instead builds a second by second power curve based on known data points for the given material. So most mods that have a stainless steel preset probably use 90-95 TCR or an equivalent TFR curve (more accurate). I find it hard to believe changing TCR by 1 or 2 points makes a reddit post-worthy difference on it’s own. But I’m happy to be wrong after I try it later. It is a small coil so that may make the subtle tcr changes more noticeable?

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer

Spent like 30 minutes last night just trying to thread the leads through the holes in the quartz cup :\
Still no luck here though, had to put it in the junk drawer. I just use the mouthpiece to push on the coil, I've re-built it like 4 times trying to get a working TC profile.

szai

Spent like 30 minutes last night just trying to thread the leads through the holes in the quartz cup :\
Still no luck here though, had to put it in the junk drawer. I just use the mouthpiece to push on the coil, I've re-built it like 4 times trying to get a working TC profile.

Have you contacted the manufacturer? Maybe you have a defective device?

florduh

The mouthpiece is a good idea.

Yeah, this is harder than most RDA's I've played with. You have to trim the leads and flatten the coil perfectly. I think I have the hang of it now, but I ruined 2 coils in the process. I think I got the hang of it now.

I don't think I'd recommend it to your average user. But when it works, it works really well. Keeping the coil flush with the bottom of the cup seems to reduce reclaim even further.

Yeah I kinda agree. Between the shipping delay and all the coil problems, you've had a hell of a time with the thing. I'd at least share they feedback.

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer

Yes I have contacted, waiting for a resolution. I actually have another one I was going to gift that I've been tempted to bust into since the recipient in mind would never be able to use it; dude can't see his keys when they are in the ignition lol, this thing has like the smallest grub screw I've ever seen so I don't wanna torture my buddy.

The mouthpiece is a good idea.

Yeah, this is harder than most RDA's I've played with. You have to trim the leads and flatten the coil perfectly. I think I have the hang of it now, but I ruined 2 coils in the process. I think I got the hang of it now.

I don't think I'd recommend it to your average user. But when it works, it works really well. Keeping the coil flush with the bottom of the cup seems to reduce reclaim even further.

Keep an eye out on any coil shavings from the trimming, I noticed the wrapped lead ends tend to fray after trimming, during one coil install I actually found a piece of loose SS wire in the bottom of my bucket.

Yeah I kinda agree. Between the shipping delay and all the coil problems, you've had a hell of a time with the thing. I'd at least share they feedback.

I got one of the coils really flat on the last re-build and I could see the potential, just not sure why I'm having such a hard time. I'm trying to get a hold of one more box mod to triple check that just to know that I tried everything. Maybe AVS will have some other ideas that I haven't tried, coil vapes are very French to me.

subway13029

it is definately not the easiest to change coils but man it does work..im usually bix mod illiterate but im quickly learning and ive got this puppy dialed in. def wanna try with a bubbler.

subway13029,

tennisguru1

EXCELSIOR!
Yes I have contacted, waiting for a resolution. I actually have another one I was going to gift that I've been tempted to bust into since the recipient in mind would never be able to use it; dude can't see his keys when they are in the ignition lol, this thing has like the smallest grub screw I've ever seen so I don't wanna torture my buddy.

Keep an eye out on any coil shavings from the trimming, I noticed the wrapped lead ends tend to fray after trimming, during one coil install I actually found a piece of loose SS wire in the bottom of my bucket.

I got one of the coils really flat on the last re-build and I could see the potential, just not sure why I'm having such a hard time. I'm trying to get a hold of one more box mod to triple check that just to know that I tried everything. Maybe AVS will have some other ideas that I haven't tried, coil vapes are very French to me.

Repost - don't know if any of this helps

Background. Used to smoke back in HS/college, loved it. Haven't been able to for year. Now, some 20 years later, I am rediscovering my love of THC now that I live in a friendly state. I went fairly quickly from combusting flower (gross, not discrete) to vape pens (discrete, often sketchy, concerned about quality/safety), and I wanted to get into quality concentrates (EtOH equivelent of beer -> shots -> scotch). Discretion remains very important (will likely never own a rig, maybe a Puffco Peak at most if there is a good sale).

Was looking for something fairly inexpensive to play as an intro to concentrates before moving into SAI/QQ territory, and I almost got a Yocan because cheap and decent reviews. Saw the hype on reddit about the Molecule, and it was cheap with 25% coupon, so I went for it. Added used RX Mini box mod off eBay, and price of entry was <$60. So, #1, I realize that this is not a starter atomizer for someone who had never dabbed before, but I finally have it pretty well figured out now after a month. This thing has a lot of tricks to unlock, and I now realize that most bad experiences have been user error. Here are my tips, no real order expect the 1st one:

• This is my #1 tip: Like others, I cracked the quartz bowl when tilting the top cap. After that, I decided not to mess with the top cap because I didn't want to break the quartz again, and I decided to use the device by unscrewing the housing. THIS WAS WRONG, and it caused me to have issues with the device for weeks until I changed behavior. The housing, which surrounds the bowl tightly, acts as support for the bowl and coil. Without the housing, the bowl and coil are only supported by the coil legs, which are secured with weak Allen screws. When I was loading and cleaning the device, I was putting undue stress on the coil legs, and I would get high resistance levels and shorts because the coil legs would loosen in the deck. It was very frustrating because TC would stop working, and I would burn the product on Wattage mode.
    • I started using the top cap, and things got way better. Cleaning the unit became much easier and the coil resistance will stay totally stable. The housing is needed to properly support the quartz bowl, and it should only be removed for a deep clean/disassembly, and not routine usage.
  • Warm the device before usage! I run 2, 15 sec 380-420 cycles before I do anything with the device.
  • After the device is warm, top cap removal is easy. Pull it straight out or wiggle gently to avoid cracking the bowl.
  • For me, running TC with arctic fox and TFR SS316L mode as been great. I typically go 360-440F @ 20 W. High temps = more clouds, but more reclaim taste toward end of sesh. Different materials vape better and various temps.
    • Wattage mode works, but need to be careful not to burn material by pulsing button. This is useful if TC starts failing for some reason and you are desperate for a hit or want high temp dabs.
  • Coil resistance should be 0.39+/-0.03 as stated in the manual. I noticed most coils are around 0.37-0.39. If the coil resistance is reading higher than that, TC mode will NOT work. Your experience will NOT be enjoyable. You will burn your product and it will taste bad.
    • What to do if resistance is too high?
      • Something is wrong.
      • Clean the device.
      • Make sure post screws are tight.
      • Heat up coil @15W and make sure coil glows evenly from the center. If there are hot spots, may need to re-strum the coil until glowing evenly. This is important. Coil hot spots will burn your material.
      • Break it down, soak in ISO, and rebuild if needed.
  • Don't load too much at once. The reclaim may pool, and will either taste burnt or leak under the bowl. Honestly, the surface area of the coil is pretty large, so the appropriate sized load is still pretty sizable. Can always load more.
  • When loading, I use the convex side of the spoon to sort of paint the melting product over the coils while pulsing the fire button. You don't want to start vaporizing the material yet, and you could even turn the temp down to like 300F if paranoid.
  • When ready, hit fire button. Wait for coil to get to temp. Inhale SLOWLY. You kind of want to milk it and have this slow, restricted airflow to get nice clouds. I let off fire button, and keep inhaling to cool coil as stated in the manual.
  • I keep hitting it until I start getting hint of reclaim taste or all the material is vaped. If getting reclaim taste, I sometimes turn down temp and keep vaping what is left as long as it tastes okay.
  • After a few small loads, time for a light clean by tilting device and using q-tip swab to clean bowl and coil. Do this while the device is warm. My goal is to mop up the oil from the coil, and most of the reclaim should get sucked into the q-tip. This keeps things tasting good between deep cleans.
  • When rebuilding the device, I actually find it easier to do while the deck is screwed into the box mod (is this a bad idea?). Make sure the coil very close to bottom of the bowl, and push down on post when securing (I push the coil down with 3 q-tips when screwing in).
  • I do sort of torque the deck into the box mod using the back end of the dab spoon as described before.
  • Make sure Allen screws are tight. This is the only part of the device that I was was more robust. These coils take a lot of stress due to the cleaning and loading of material, and I can't wait for the updated screws.
I hope this helps some people. The Molecule absolutely rips, and my concentrate tastes amazing when dialed in. If something is off, it will not be pleasurable. There are many other little device nuances that I have picked up, but these are the main things that are coming to my mind right now. I may edit this post as I think of more things.

al bundy

Vaporist
Got my Molecule today
This thing hits really really nice
Waiting for boxmod so I’m using the battery from my Evolve XL
I tried the Aovape Dima battery because has 3 settings which worked great but the switch got a little warm so Yocan XL battery works fine for now until heatsink comes
The Aovape CANVA has 3settings also like the Evolve plus with settings

THis thing is small but what a punch on a bb size shatter
Now I want the quartz dish they making for this

I could see the reasoning about the heat sink to handle this but I just take off at the top for now

O rings tight but chapstick and the lid rocks off easier
I say rock more like wiggle and the top will pop off instead of twisting it
Keeps the glass dish much safer than unscrewing the whole cap
The cap design
No splash back I do hit it easy and pulse the switch . no oil coating in mouth
Also came with one extra glass dish and 3 coils
Two REALLY SMALL SCREW DRIVERS
AND EVEN SMALLER REPLACEMENT SCREWS /2
Surprisingly great taste from this coil I’m impressed

If you do order it now use code spooky30 and it cost $27 US until Friday 30 percent of
I use AVS25 and paid 30 for 25 %off
Just passing along info
And shouldn’t this thread be moved
The product it available for sale

Last edited:

tennisguru1

EXCELSIOR!
Got my Molecule today
This thing hits really really nice
Waiting for boxmod so I’m using the battery from my Evolve XL
I tried the Aovape Dima battery because has 3 settings which worked great but the switch got a little warm so Yocan XL battery works fine for now until heatsink comes
The Aovape CANVA has 3settings also like the Evolve plus with settings

THis thing is small but what a punch on a bb size shatter
Now I want the quartz dish they making for this

I could see the reasoning about the heat sink to handle this but I just take off at the top for now

O rings tight but chapstick and the lid rocks off easier
I say rock more like wiggle and the top will pop off instead of twisting it
Keeps the glass dish much safer than unscrewing the whole cap
The cap design
No splash back I do hit it easy and pulse the switch . no oil coating in mouth
Also came with one extra glass dish and 3 coils
Two REALLY SMALL SCREW DRIVERS
AND EVEN SMALLER REPLACEMENT SCREWS /2
Surprisingly great taste from this coil I’m impressed

If you do order it now use code spooky30 and it cost $27 US until Friday 30 percent of
I use AVS25 and paid 30 for 25 %off
Just passing along info
And shouldn’t this thread be moved
The product it available for sale

Anyone get the Bubbler Adapter yet as it is in stock?

Can't wait to get my glass attached & try Quartz Cups with my setup.
Should be usable and maybe pretty nice till the final design starts shipping.

tennisguru1,

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer
In a last ditch effort I was able to borrow a friends mod, plugged the molecule in, .39 ohms perfect................................... that means I actually have two fucked up mods :rolleyes: one reading considerably higher, the other reading considerably lower... I guess this is why Joyetechs are so cheap. They sure seemed great for a while with Arctic Fox but it's not like I thrashed them. Which is funny cause it's working on a VTC Mini which is even older than my Primo Mini and Evic Basic.

Anyways now I've got a dribble of sauce on the grill! I'm at 22.2 watts @ 360F which is tasting pretty good so far!

florduh

In a last ditch effort I was able to borrow a friends mod, plugged the molecule in, .39 ohms perfect................................... that means I actually have two fucked up mods :rolleyes: one reading considerably higher, the other reading considerably lower... I guess this is why Joyetechs are so cheap. They sure seemed great for a while with Arctic Fox but it's not like I thrashed them. Which is funny cause it's working on a VTC Mini which is even older than my Primo Mini and Evic Basic.

Anyways now I've got a dribble of sauce on the grill! I'm at 22.2 watts @ 360F which is tasting pretty good so far!

Yeah I wanted to use my Mol on an Joyetech Evic dual mod because it matched. But it would run at .45 ohms+. On the eLeaf Pico it always read around .39

I think the 510 connector on Joyetechs gets fucked up quick, which may affect how it reads.

Top Bottom