AVS m22

JCat

Accessory Maker
Hope you're well @JCat . What have you been using for portable?
Using a DTv4 for the most part; also use my Hopper and a Ghost MV1 and my DynaVap some for herb (just the convenience of herb vapes is still there especially while on the go, although I prefer rosin ...)

Still using my Zapubbler for my water piece :)

Azn2101

First week of April just ended...

"DHL is moving slower than usual" and moved the date from the 7th (expected) to the 14th is what it says about the next batch of Spring Clips on the site.

If I had to guess they're also using DHL for the ESCC's from China but this is speculation but I have to say the timing is a bit weird to post up a ton of Old ESCC's right when everyone is expecting the Final or without any heads up about receiving an old ESCC batch. I could be tripping and just not saw/heard the announcement.

but man this has been a grueling process/wait..

710yota

Have you heard about the boom on Mizar 5?
Someone asked on Reddit about a hour ago if the new ESSC's have began to ship, this was the response from AVS:

"No they haven't. We were supposed to get the first batch this week but our factory is being ocd now and testing every single escc resistance and heat up properties prior to shipping to us. This is adding some time. They sent me the list of all the esccs resistance last night and said they will be shipping me the first batch today. That means by the middle of next week I should have the first batch to go out."

https://www.reddit.com/r/AdvancedVapeSupply/comments/fygir0/updated_parts/

Looks like the long and strange saga of the M22 will continue for a while longer. I am still really enjoying mine and confident it will the endgame portable concentrate vape I want it to be when all the pieces fall together but like posted above it has been a grueling process/wait for those pieces to fall together.

710yota,

Olde7

Electronic Vaporist
"DHL is moving slower than usual" and moved the date from the 7th (expected) to the 14th is what it says about the next batch of Spring Clips on the site.

If I had to guess they're also using DHL for the ESCC's from China but this is speculation but I have to say the timing is a bit weird to post up a ton of Old ESCC's right when everyone is expecting the Final or without any heads up about receiving an old ESCC batch. I could be tripping and just not saw/heard the announcement.

but man this has been a grueling process/wait..

The og escc are offered due to popular demand. People asked.... They've been available for a few weeks and were definitely announced via reddit (where the overwhelming majority of public interest is) . Weeks ago. AVS had paid for them all. I can't blame them for offering them in response to expressed interest in purchasing them (I bought several, myself) . It'd be pretty stupid to not offer them in this case, imo....

Azn2101

The og escc are offered due to popular demand. People asked.... They've been available for a few weeks and were definitely announced via reddit (where the overwhelming majority of public interest is) . Weeks ago. AVS had paid for them all. I can't blame them for offering them in response to expressed interest in purchasing them (I bought several, myself) . It'd be pretty stupid to not offer them in this case, imo....

For sure, I know they use the Reddit platform for their announcement podium and try to keep on it as well as possible so it's not blame or anger towards Brent/Stuart.

I just mentioned it since the latest post I saw regarding any version of the ESCC was that they had another slight pushback on the Final revision, just didn't see anything on the old versions.

Grabbed a few myself and they're by no means bad. They really remind me of DNails "Wik Tech" SiC back in the day.

sirwalter

Any news on the mod? 2021 prediction isn't seeming so crazy now.

None that I've seen. Then again they also didn't follow through with the most recent plan to start shipping the ESCC's last week either.

Seems like the biggest defenders at this point are people who have been testing the products for AVS. Funny how that works.

Uitpersen

Uitpersen,
Reactions: JCat

Herbie Hancock

The 60 Second Assasin
I wish I understood what order they are sending these out. My original blue one was ordered on August 13th. I then ordered a second unit within one day of getting the first one because the ESCC broke on 1 day. Then the second unit same story. That’s nothing new...seems par for the course. So now I just don’t understand why people are getting confirmations who placed their orders right around the same time. And I get nothing.
also I never even received the new ceramic and new hex could that actually fit for the second unit. I only got the one functional ceramic bucket and a few crappy coils that I’d never use anyway. Still not the point. Because where are they and why didn’t I get it. I have never had such disappointment with a company.
And I have 3 hoppers. Of that puts things into perspective

Olde7

Electronic Vaporist
I wish I understood what order they are sending these out. My original blue one was ordered on August 13th. I then ordered a second unit within one day of getting the first one because the ESCC broke on 1 day. Then the second unit same story. That’s nothing new...seems par for the course. So now I just don’t understand why people are getting confirmations who placed their orders right around the same time. And I get nothing.
also I never even received the new ceramic and new hex could that actually fit for the second unit. I only got the one functional ceramic bucket and a few crappy coils that I’d never use anyway. Still not the point. Because where are they and why didn’t I get it. I have never had such disappointment with a company.
And I have 3 hoppers. Of that puts things into perspective
Updated parts won't ship to you until the final escc ships to you. That's what AVS has said all along. Those parts include updated alumina ceramic cup for coils, updated zirconia ceramic cup for escc, final escc, updated escc clips, updated o-rings, updated hex driver... I may have forgotten the whole list, but that's what I recall.

You might want to read what they've said on the subject.

Herbie Hancock

The 60 Second Assasin
Olde7, I received all updated parts minus the new ESCC a few months ago. New ceramic cup for the hex coil. new hex coils. New screwdriver. But only for ONE UNIT.
I have TWO UNITS. Maybe you should go back and read?

Olde7

Electronic Vaporist
Olde7, I received all updated parts minus the new ESCC a few months ago. New ceramic cup for the hex coil. new hex coils. New screwdriver. But only for ONE UNIT.
Ic ic. You got a pkg of updated parts (less escc) for one unit earlier than the AVS timeline projected. As I see it, there's two ways to look at that... One is to be bitterly disappointed that you only got one set. The other is to be glad you got a set early...

You could try contacting them to request your other set, if you haven't already. They're pretty cooperative generally, ime.

Also worth noting - if the intention of your post is resolution, posting your concerns where they're likely to be seen might be an option. AVS has little if any presence here, unfortunately.

sirwalter

Yeah the updated parts thing has been confusing, it seems like only some people got them earlier. I was thrown off when I saw some people had them and I still don't.

I think its kind of ridiculous that after all this time people are still waiting for an update so that even the coils fit right. Part of the reason Im eager for escc test results is there have been issues with basic stuff like coils fitting.

Last edited:
sirwalter,
Reactions: al bundy

al bundy

Vaporist
I also received the updated coils,cup,screws and driver and orings.

Contact AVS with your ORDER numbers
BOTH if you have separate orders
They will get back to you although may take time.
I always asked through the web sites Chat and they do answer
Leave your email give the info and unfortunately wait.

tennisguru1

EXCELSIOR!
I also received the updated coils,cup,screws and driver and orings.

Contact AVS with your ORDER numbers
BOTH if you have separate orders
They will get back to you although may take time.
I always asked through the web sites Chat and they do answer
Leave your email give the info and unfortunately wait.
Updates by VapeMore4Less in AdvancedVapeSupply

VapeMore4Less[S] 2 points 7 hours ago

I'm personally emailing everyone before shipping their escc to confirm their shipping address in case they've since moved, and also to ask what new parts they received if any. When you do get the email just reply and say you didn't get any new parts. I might reply to your email if there is something that requires a reply, otherwise you will just get an order notification shortly after!

Azn2101

Hey what are (or did) the old/defective ESCC's oHm's readings did you guys have? My OCD is killing me cause I'll use it at .6-.65 then have it jump to .7-.8 when I pick it up again then every time I get it back down the lowest oHm reading gets a little higher. I swab the legs and soak the deck every time but I'm wondering if the ones Im using just has slightly too close legs cause it was so hard to seat.

Also does the serial number on the bottom indicate any form of possible order to receiving the Final Version? A list would seem appropriate for this situation but at this point table fact that they're going out is good enough.

Azn2101,

710yota

Have you heard about the boom on Mizar 5?
.6-.85 seems to be the current range I have now with my old ESCC and new spring clips, I also notice it does seem to jump up just sitting around in between sessions. Performance seems similar enough in this range that I don't really worry about the exact reading more just look for a consistent +-.2 while doing the atomizer check on my mod. With my old spring clips I would get readings as high as 1.5 from the ESCC getting loose.

Azn2101

@710yota Thanks man. Well now I know I've wasted 6 spring clips thinking it was the springs but if .8-.85 still produces good results than my first old ESCC is good, I just think I wore off a lot of the plating on the legs from jamming it into the clips when they were yoo tight in the slots.

Live and learn right?

Thanks man.

Rosin in this is unmatched when it comes to Flavor/Efficiency ratio, in my opinion.

I can get slightly better flavor from an Enail with a gemstone insert but it definitely seems to have more reclaim on the swab for me.

Azn2101

I might have to put this thing aside until the final revision parts come through. While I don't consider myself an RDA/Coil building guru I don't think I'm a total noob at this and I can't seem to get those old/defective ESCC's to work or they're just not doing good for me.

I don't know if it's both of the defective/old style ESCC's, the deck itself, or not prepping the springs properly or more a lack of spare ones to practice with but I did try ones from the worst of the two that has really worn leg plating making it have REALLY sensitive readings causing it to stay in the .8-.9 range cold and when heated up to like 1.3. On the better one after each use the oHm measurements go up .05-.1 permanently even when cooled and doing the reseating dance to get it as low as possible without getting that super lucky position and did get into that .6-.85 range but just burns thru the roof with oHms after each usage.

I watched Brents newer video on installing the spring clips installation and how to to gently open them up with the torx driver when in the slots so I think I'm good there cause old speings from the worn leg ESCC worked unto ~7.5-8 cold then after a few uses or I guess depending on how worn they were before on the other old ESCC, they get to that point where it gets to have to start cranking up wattage so the ESCC will stay hot with the air intake constantly cooling it on the draw, so I'm thinking the springs are pretty solid as long as you don't wiggle them side-to-side when pulling the ESCC out or am I not doing something right?

I say possibly the deck cause one side snaps in and whether used or new spring when seated will have that firm seating as it hits the base, the other side doesn't have that click and seems to have its clip be pulled up easier when removing the ESCC. Also I'm pretty sure both my ESCC's have leggings are too close together to the point that one side always scrapes or takes a lot more pressure to remove even with opening the clip with the driver.

I know this is supposed to be really advanced unit but I've build my share of RDA coil decks to know when you've get a "Sweet Spot" with the wire and I can't even find that metaphorical spot where the oHms come back to somewhere close to the starting oHms when I begin firing for the dab.

The coil deck is cool and everything but it loses the allure cause it feels like it's just another RDA.

Not a hate post but from a semi OCD outlook or just wanting repetitive preformance this thing is driving me up a wall. Does anyone have any input they can throw my way? Im down to My last unused pair of clips and have some seated that started at .76 and ended at 1.1 and was only able to work back down to ~.9

Can't wait for the Final ESCC.

Azn2101,
Reactions: JCat

tennisguru1

EXCELSIOR!
I might have to put this thing aside until the final revision parts come through. While I don't consider myself an RDA/Coil building guru I don't think I'm a total noob at this and I can't seem to get those old/defective ESCC's to work or they're just not doing good for me.

I don't know if it's both of the defective/old style ESCC's, the deck itself, or not prepping the springs properly or more a lack of spare ones to practice with but I did try ones from the worst of the two that has really worn leg plating making it have REALLY sensitive readings causing it to stay in the .8-.9 range cold and when heated up to like 1.3. On the better one after each use the oHm measurements go up .05-.1 permanently even when cooled and doing the reseating dance to get it as low as possible without getting that super lucky position and did get into that .6-.85 range but just burns thru the roof with oHms after each usage.

I watched Brents newer video on installing the spring clips installation and how to to gently open them up with the torx driver when in the slots so I think I'm good there cause old speings from the worn leg ESCC worked unto ~7.5-8 cold then after a few uses or I guess depending on how worn they were before on the other old ESCC, they get to that point where it gets to have to start cranking up wattage so the ESCC will stay hot with the air intake constantly cooling it on the draw, so I'm thinking the springs are pretty solid as long as you don't wiggle them side-to-side when pulling the ESCC out or am I not doing something right?

I say possibly the deck cause one side snaps in and whether used or new spring when seated will have that firm seating as it hits the base, the other side doesn't have that click and seems to have its clip be pulled up easier when removing the ESCC. Also I'm pretty sure both my ESCC's have leggings are too close together to the point that one side always scrapes or takes a lot more pressure to remove even with opening the clip with the driver.

I know this is supposed to be really advanced unit but I've build my share of RDA coil decks to know when you've get a "Sweet Spot" with the wire and I can't even find that metaphorical spot where the oHms come back to somewhere close to the starting oHms when I begin firing for the dab.

The coil deck is cool and everything but it loses the allure cause it feels like it's just another RDA.

Not a hate post but from a semi OCD outlook or just wanting repetitive preformance this thing is driving me up a wall. Does anyone have any input they can throw my way? Im down to My last unused pair of clips and have some seated that started at .76 and ended at 1.1 and was only able to work back down to ~.9

Can't wait for the Final ESCC.

I understand your frustration, but this is all beta V.01
The new ESCC & springs surpass anything ever used on earth.
Hang in your wasting your time messing with Alpha - Beta
stuff. The new parts are amazing and are being used in TCR mode successfully

Top Bottom