AVS m22

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer
Did you buy your m22? If so, you're a preorder customer and will get your upgrade parts with all the other preorders. I got mine early as an 'official' tester.

As for 'vapor standards', it's a matter of prefs I suppose. My experience thus far is that the ESCC greatly outperforms all the buckets I've tried (sai, Sequoia, qq, source) as well as my enail.

I was sent a unit for evaluation, it really never worked well enough to evaluate much.

It doesn't have any temp control currently, so it's leagues away from my e-nail. Using the M22 is more like doing a torched dab. Another issue is I'm just not sold on the flavor of vaping oils off silicon carbide. I've owned every vape that uses SiC and it just doesn't blow me away.

anasrzi

I was sent a unit for evaluation, it really never worked well enough to evaluate much.

It doesn't have any temp control currently, so it's leagues away from my e-nail. Using the M22 is more like doing a torched dab. Another issue is I'm just not sold on the flavor of vaping oils off silicon carbide. I've owned every vape that uses SiC and it just doesn't blow me away.

The lack of temp control is one of the big drawbacks to me, I use my m22 pulsing in wattage mode. Takes some time and technique to get it spot on but it's enjoyable (at least for me) to play around with such things, save to memory what works and what doesn't and run it again. My biggest gripe so far is the clips for the escc, I have the OG clips and escc and it wobbles all over the place and sometimes needs completely re sitting to get a decent connection. With the new clips and crucible I'm sure both points will be addressed with the new additions, when those points get properly addressed is anyone's guess?

Flavour wise I'm picking out far more with SiC over Quartz but that is a subjective subject. On Quartz if I can taste lemon for example, on SiC it's much more pronounced and I can pick out sweetness with the lemon, like lemon drops to give a vague example. So overall I do find the SiC better for flavour on the escc over my torch banger setup. My enail setup (RIP) I had a sapphire dish which was a step up again over my Quartz but the SiC dish I purchased at the same time as the SiC I hardly used.

For a portable unit I love my m22 and escc, I don't use anything else now as it's so handy despite the drawbacks of the clips etc. Every oil I placed it has benefited from the SiC, even the mediocre oils I made months back.

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer
The lack of temp control is one of the big drawbacks to me, I use my m22 pulsing in wattage mode. Takes some time and technique to get it spot on but it's enjoyable (at least for me) to play around with such things, save to memory what works and what doesn't and run it again. My biggest gripe so far is the clips for the escc, I have the OG clips and escc and it wobbles all over the place and sometimes needs completely re sitting to get a decent connection. With the new clips and crucible I'm sure both points will be addressed with the new additions, when those points get properly addressed is anyone's guess?

Flavour wise I'm picking out far more with SiC over Quartz but that is a subjective subject. On Quartz if I can taste lemon for example, on SiC it's much more pronounced and I can pick out sweetness with the lemon, like lemon drops to give a vague example. So overall I do find the SiC better for flavour on the escc over my torch banger setup. My enail setup (RIP) I had a sapphire dish which was a step up again over my Quartz but the SiC dish I purchased at the same time as the SiC I hardly used.

For a portable unit I love my m22 and escc, I don't use anything else now as it's so handy despite the drawbacks of the clips etc. Every oil I placed it has benefited from the SiC, even the mediocre oils I made months back.

Do you do a cold start/cold load when you torch your banger to replicate the uptemp heating of the pen? Those work pretty good for a torched dab, but I've been using an enail so long now, I'm just used to that foolproof accuracy. I used to do shootouts with my 25mm banger against my D-nail SiC Halo, for my usage I preferred Quartz, though I've been using gem inserts for the last few years. I also did a side by side shootout with a SiC insert against my ruby to make sure though! :D

Don't you get resistance problems with the wobbly dish? Mine can jump 2 ohms just loading a dab in it. My enail can already be up to temp by the time I can get the resistance back in a usable range with the lid on.

anasrzi

Do you do a cold start/cold load when you torch your banger to replicate the uptemp heating of the pen? Those work pretty good for a torched dab, but I've been using an enail so long now, I'm just used to that foolproof accuracy. I used to do shootouts with my 25mm banger against my D-nail SiC Halo, for my usage I preferred Quartz, though I've been using gem inserts for the last few years. I also did a side by side shootout with a SiC insert against my ruby to make sure though! :D

Don't you get resistance problems with the wobbly dish? Mine can jump 2 ohms just loading a dab in it. My enail can already be up to temp by the time I can get the resistance back in a usable range with the lid on.

Yeah it would be a cold start dab @invertedisdead using my banger setup, I do find the flavour to be very good overall doing it this way, otherwise it can be hit and miss with getting the timing right. I did enjoy hitting my enail with it's accurate heat and using a sapphire dish (over the SiC) but the m22 is just so easy to work with over torches and power cords.

My mod doesn't show resistance so I wouldn't know. The pico I had it set with before only gave me wispy hits as the resistance was all over the place with the wobble and any wattage set. The clips have been the biggest issue more so than the escc for me. Now it's attached to a very very basic kangertech mod which only shows wattage settings and nothing more. Providing it stays level I get great flavour and clouds at 20w but that wobble........ man does it grind my gears!

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer
Yeah it would be a cold start dab @invertedisdead using my banger setup, I do find the flavour to be very good overall doing it this way, otherwise it can be hit and miss with getting the timing right. I did enjoy hitting my enail with it's accurate heat and using a sapphire dish (over the SiC) but the m22 is just so easy to work with over torches and power cords.

My mod doesn't show resistance so I wouldn't know. The pico I had it set with before only gave me wispy hits as the resistance was all over the place with the wobble and any wattage set. The clips have been the biggest issue more so than the escc for me. Now it's attached to a very very basic kangertech mod which only shows wattage settings and nothing more. Providing it stays level I get great flavour and clouds at 20w but that wobble........ man does it grind my gears!

Wow that's interesting, it sounds like your simpler mod is bypassing the main resistance issues I constantly have with my M22. I'm using a DNA75C that is so sensitive it's almost impossible to get a hit, as every time the dish wobbles, the resistance changes, which prompts a menu setting about keeping or discarding the new resistance. It sort of sounds like your Kangertech mod is just forcing out 20w no matter what and allowing you to bypass the wobbly dish resistance issues.

I've found it to be extremely difficult to load a dab, get the mouthpiece on, and take a draw, without the dish wobbling a bit and my resistance jumping, often times jumping out of usable range entirely, forcing me to to remove the mouthpiece and fiddle with the dish some more to get resistance in a range the mod will fire at. But then I have to put it back together and pray the resistance doesn't change before I can push the fire button. - it's a vicious cycle. I also find that I usually have to hit it with the mod standing upright on a table top or something, holding it in my hands is almost a guarantee the resistance will spike somehow from the wobbly dish, forcing me to disassemble and tinker again before any type of vapor is produced.

invertedisdead,
Reactions: LesPlenty

anasrzi

Wow that's interesting, it sounds like your simpler mod is bypassing the main resistance issues I constantly have with my M22. I'm using a DNA75C that is so sensitive it's almost impossible to get a hit, as every time the dish wobbles, the resistance changes, which prompts a menu setting about keeping or discarding the new resistance. It sort of sounds like your Kangertech mod is just forcing out 20w no matter what and allowing you to bypass the wobbly dish resistance issues.

I've found it to be extremely difficult to load a dab, get the mouthpiece on, and take a draw, without the dish wobbling a bit and my resistance jumping, often times jumping out of usable range entirely, forcing me to to remove the mouthpiece and fiddle with the dish some more to get resistance in a range the mod will fire at. But then I have to put it back together and pray the resistance doesn't change before I can push the fire button. - it's a vicious cycle. I also find that I usually have to hit it with the mod standing upright on a table top or something, holding it in my hands is almost a guarantee the resistance will spike somehow from the wobbly dish, forcing me to disassemble and tinker again before any type of vapor is produced.

I would go along with that statement @invertedisdead the kangertech is just forcing it through regardless of the instability, I only ever got a whispy hit from the pico, I would guess (like you with the DNA mod) the mod struggles to hokd a firm grasp and defaults? The kangertech doesn't suffer from that and ploughs on although from Reddit I've seen your not supposed to use "mech mods" on the escc? If my kangertech qualifies as such a mod?

You've got the same issues as me then with the wobble, I'd hope and pray the new clips hold a firmer grip on the new escc (the new ones do work on th old escc however, from what I've read). Yes it's loading that the tricky part unless your dropping in a shard of shatter and not touching the escc at all and it was secure and level in the first place. Anything sticky that I pull away with tends to drag the escc out of place a little, like you say a vicious cycle of fidderling! Not had a issue using it lob sided however.

710yota

Have you heard about the boom on Mizar 5?
I'd agree with what y'all are saying about more sensitive mods causing the resistance jumping to be more of a issue. I'd get the resistance change menu pop ups fairly frequently on my Triade (DNA250C) compared to my drag one especially if I let the mod sit for a while.

I am using the old escc with the new style spring clips and it is quite a bit more stable, a little bit of wiggle but I'm not able to rock it back and forth like I could using the old clips. My M22 has been my main portable since I received it in September and has ended my portable concentrate VAS for the time being, I just wish it could work as well for everyone else!

Personally I still have a lot of love for AVS and the M22 but the preorder process has been somewhat difficult for all involved from manufacturing issues to now the Corona Virus, I bet this is just as frustrating or more frustrating for AVS. Looking at this situation and other devices that have offered a preorder, I won't say I wouldn't preorder another vape but I would put some thought into it and not come in depending on something like a firm timeline.

thevapist

They posted an update a few days ago, but it's really just "stuff will happen soon".

Someone posted that it would take until summer and they got roasted by fanboys on the reddit. Little bit of a scary echo chamber they have going on over there. In the latest update post, AVS also taunts "trolls and haters" or something like that.

Looks like it's the truth, though.

Herbie Hancock

The 60 Second Assasin
Yea. I have lost faith myself. I purchased 2 units the very first round. The original units escc only lasted a day. That’s why I ordered a second unit. Which also lasted only a day before crumbling.
I received ONE AND ONLY 1 upgrade set of hex coils and the new ceramic dish. Why not two? I ordered two units?!?! Not that it matters because I have no interest in coils whatsoever.
I used to check for updates multiple times per day. On here and on Reddit. But the interest has faded. It’s a shame. I have two useless M22’s and one bubbler.
I feel bad for these guys. They had me hook line and sinker. And now I have lost all faith in them. I know this must be the case for many.

thevapist

Yep, people are upset, and this seems to be why they are heavily controlling the reddit. It's run by them, so they are just using it as a blog/marketing platform really. I have also seen them delete a post, then respond to that post so that people can't even see what the person said in the first place. They also manually approve every new thread, lol.

That's why I don't use reddit and stick to traditional forums. They can't delete this post ;)

thevapist

Where is the reference to 2021 from Brent, in your citation? Speculation on your part, maybe?

Yes, but you don't need to speculate much to see that they were just pulling dates out of their ass before. That behavior coupled with supply chain delays don't bode well. ESCC may be finished sooner, but the whole package - especially the mod - will be a long ways off.

And now they are designing some 510 extension. Ooooooooooof.

thevapist,

710yota

Brent just posted a update on Reddit about the ESCC, mod and the new enail kit. https://www.reddit.com/r/AdvancedVa...22_enail_kit_final_conceptual_design_also_an/

wavbohs7hvn41.png

"The base for the enail kit will be silicone and offer good grip to your table/desk. It will hold roughly 50-60 swabs, and 10ml of alcohol or distilled water for dipping the swabs. It will include a 14mm to 10mm adapter that will sit where the bottomless banger is shown hanging off the side. It has a samurai sword holder style dab tool holder that will be magnetic. There are also 2 other holes to work as dab tool or other tool slots.

This is a conceptual design. I'm waiting for confirmation from the silicone factory that they can make this complex shaping, I'll probably know tonight. There might need to be some small changes but the end result should be like this render. The render also shows a new mode I'm working on in the Mod, "E-nail mode" with adjustable (8-20sec) auto-fire timer.

ESCC Update:
We will begin shipping the Final ESCC the first week of April! This will ship in stages, with everyone likely having their finished ESCC by the end of April!! The Coronavirus has severely impacted our ability to get this done but most our operations are back up. Thank you everyone for being so patient and understanding about this. Now that the coronavirus is directly impacting our way of life in the USA (and around the world), I hope all of you and your families, are staying safe and well!

M22 Control Tower (Mod) Update: The factories that make the hardware for the mod have not fully returned and so this is where we still have a small delay. They're making the new hardware but missing half their staff and so it's moving slow. I will have the updated beta prototype around April 10th. I will then order enough parts to make the mods that have been preordered (around 200 units). Beta mods will likely ship around the end of April or first week of May. Again the coronavirus has severely impacted our ability to get this done but rest assured it's almost ready and well worth the wait. The firmware is pretty much done, just waiting on the new hardware to test and confirm!

With all that said, I will launch our new site and open pre-order to the public mid April, after we have shipped most of the final ESCCs out and after I get the new Mod hardware and confirm it's good. The public preorder units will ship around the end of May or beginning of June, about a month after all existing pre-order customers have been taken care of and any feedback addressed with the mod via firmware update."

We will see what happens with all of this, like I said before I still have love for my M22 and AVS but it sure has been one long strange trip

thevapist

Yea - sorry but I'm tired of seeing renders and new prototypes. They need to release what people pre-ordered a long time ago.

Reminds me of kickstarters for games that don't pan out quite how you thought they would.

mephisto

While the new rendering looks slick, I don't see a massive difference from my plug in enail.
Why did we go from a cordless, all in one device, to the newest idea? What about the already released
bubbler? How does that integrate? It does not fit the new design. I have seen enough, I hope AVS does
great with the new design, no sarcasm. Happy to find a home for what I ended up with. I have an enail, and I wanted the M22 with magical ESCC to be a portable platform. The design looks good, as I mentioned, just
no longer fits my shrinking arsenal.

thevapist

^^ That's basically how I feel. It's not like I hate them or anything, but they are just trying to do so much at once and it seems very messy. They never even really got the ESCC correct from what I can tell, but the last release does seem slightly better. They also just discontinued the OG Molecule which plenty of people still use.

I have a VROD... I wanted something portable and don't want it delayed even longer for some attachment.

Very, very disappointed is all I am. Their control of the reddit and their image also peeves me. Who knows how many people are trying to complain on the reddit, you'll just never see it.

710yota

I agree it does seem kind of sloppy throwing renderings around and hyping future products when they have unfinished work. I do kind of think they are doing this because designing stuff is the only thing they can do right now aside from sell what they have while they wait for their manufacturers in China to deliver. I do really wish that web forums like this were still the norm for online discussion as well, Reddit can be nice but I do prefer this format.

LesPlenty

Company Rep
At least they have the Corona virus to blame for all their future delays for a while, I am glad I was a bit late to the party and did not jump on the ESCC early.:2c:

710yota

I am real glad I preordered the ESCC and was quick on grabbing the new springs/an extra crucible as it is my go to portable now, I haven't used any of my other concentrate vapes like my DTV4 or Sai after I got my M22.

This being said I must be incredibly lucky or an incredibly weak girly man not breaking my ESCC (well ok I broke one but that was more my fault screwing with the old clips to make them super tight). There are clearly massive issues with the product, I've seen plenty of shattered crucibles. The thing thats a real drag now and has been for the last few months is that we keep seeming to be right on the edge of everything being good. Like I really think this will be a great product for more people when the new crucible shows up and the new spring clips are available but when will when be?

JCat

Accessory Maker
I am real glad I preordered the ESCC and was quick on grabbing the new springs/an extra crucible as it is my go to portable now, I haven't used any of my other concentrate vapes like my DTV4 or Sai after I got my M22.

This being said I must be incredibly lucky or an incredibly weak girly man not breaking my ESCC (well ok I broke one but that was more my fault screwing with the old clips to make them super tight). There are clearly massive issues with the product, I've seen plenty of shattered crucibles. The thing thats a real drag now and has been for the last few months is that we keep seeming to be right on the edge of everything being good. Like I really think this will be a great product for more people when the new crucible shows up and the new spring clips are available but when will when be?
It kinda' feels like most preorders for vaporizers I've ever been part of ... promises the moon in a month ... in actuality delivers a quarter-moon in a matter of years ...

I am hopeful that at least this will be a "half moon" ... and hoping for "year" as opposed to "years" ... but I can be patient ... although I would have really liked a better portable for travel over the last many months ... oh well ...

buckhakeesah

It kinda' feels like most preorders for vaporizers I've ever been part of ... promises the moon in a month ... in actuality delivers a quarter-moon in a matter of years ...

I am hopeful that at least this will be a "half moon" ... and hoping for "year" as opposed to "years" ... but I can be patient ... although I would have really liked a better portable for travel over the last many months ... oh well ...
Hope you're well @JCat . What have you been using for portable?

buckhakeesah,
Reactions: JCat
Top Bottom