AVS m22

mephisto

Back with a fresh diaper, and a new attitude. I received the bubbler the other day and it is still in the box.
With a little creative thinking, I was able to get the coil legs through the holes in my ceramic deck. At 15w
on my Target mini mod, this is the best tasting coil I have used. The low temp is key, and at 15w you can
just ride the button and the vapor keeps pumping. With such good performance, at this point functional
ESCC temp control sounds nice, but maybe not necessary for me.
My good buddy @tennisguru1 tells me that Brent is a fine gentleman indeed, and I believe that.
So I would just like to say " I'm sorry Wyatt, I'm sorry I've been, well....such a shit!"
Best wishes for continued progress and success in 2020.

On with the show.

anasrzi

Great your getting some use out of the bubbler @abracadaver at low temps, being so low is the key to coils in my limited experience, are you using it with the m15, m22 or the RDA? With the festive season done and dusted I'm sure Brent will be back at it pronto (if he ever stopped) to forfill orders and get these final parts sorted :).

tennisguru1

EXCELSIOR!
Happy New Year to all you Awesome FC'ers

This is a review by my bud OLDE7 a few hours ago...
He is one of the testers & really knows his shit! :>)
also a stand up good guy...

M22 and upgraded coil parts kit (self.AdvancedVapeSupply)

submitted 19 hours ago by Olde7

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/miwfawtd6pyk8m6/AACQtjv-WcgZ-013WQYvttrLa?dl=0

Pix in link

Got the bubbler and upgraded coil parts kit yesterday.

I have to say, the upgraded parts are exactly right - perfect.

The cup is an ideal fit with the coil. Easiest, most 'pain free' m22 coil installation yet. No issues at all prepping the coil. And performance, as compared to the modified coils, is outstanding. Holds more and seems to be noticeably more efficient. Less waste and bigger effects than the modified coils, with identical loads (i have 2 - m22's, so side-by-side comparison was done). I'm getting noticeably more medicated off identical loads...

The new orings completely correct all the issues I'd had with the originals. Nothing else to say about them other than they're perfect.

The bubbler - very nice. Very. Excellent quality glass. No awkward hang-angle, totally 'square' dimensionally - no off-angles. Finish is likewise excellent - even the seating surface for the carb-cap is flat and square. No problem in getting a tight seal for finger-carbing or pulling a vacuum to enhance vapor production - the same can not be said about the competition. The vortex carb cap works very well with the coils (my ESCC's died, so I can't comment about them here). Swirl is clearly visible in use. Also worth noting - it's a perfect height for use with my Therion 75c....

Perhaps the most noteworthy thing is that Brent/AVS did exactly as he said - without qualification, the upgraded parts are every bit as good as promised. The bubbler is at least as good as claimed. Overall, I'd say worries over the upgrades and how truly 'upgraded' they actually are - can safely be laid to rest. I, myself, couldn't be more pleased.

cpk

Brother of the Leaf
Hi @tennisguru1 Happy New Year. This is great news. Thanks for posting this and the links. Looking forward to this combo. How is it without the bubbler? I know I can trust you and your good friends when it comes to portables!

tennisguru1

EXCELSIOR!
Hi @tennisguru1 Happy New Year. This is great news. Thanks for posting this and the links. Looking forward to this combo. How is it without the bubbler? I know I can trust you and your good friends when it comes to portables!

A great & prosperous New Year to you :>)
You will be very happy when all the parts arrive with or without water. So smooth it's SIC SICK..... lol
Everyone must understand this has never been done heating SIC as & by inself.
This will blow away Peak, Carta , copies clones alike.
You will have complete control of taste & it streches shit on both ESCC & New Awesome coils. (and I do not prefer coils, love buckets done right.
One thing about Brent Spendlove at AVS, he is one of those rare peeps with the right stuff,as with Matt of DT fame & honestly.

710yota

Have you heard about the boom on Mizar 5?
From the updates on reddit, it looks like everyone will be receiving the updating ESCC in mid-late February. Its not sweat off my back as I've waited this long and AVS has been open about the situation, this whole thing has taught me a lot about some of the issues companies face when dealing with overseas manufacturing.

We are now able to pick up the updated spring clips however from the AVS website, I snagged a 10 pack for myself along with another old style ESCC as I broke my earlier fiddling with the old clips. I can say that the new spring clips certainly do make a difference, Ive been having a stable resistance of .51 and getting very good hits. I'd say when the new ESCC comes in we should be more then set!

anasrzi

Not sure I will get the updated parts as my unit is pre owned (but new and still wrapped). Unfortunately I don't have the info from the original owner I.e order number so the parts will end up at his door and not mine, although Brent has said, along with Stuart they will try and work something out for me.

My OG escc is working fine now on my Kbox kangertech mod, not so on the eleaf pico. Couldn't get much vapour and seemed to stall. Resistance kept creeping up due to the dodgy clips, removed the zirconia collar and that helped but not by much.

thevapist

Things looks like they are progressing nicely. I am sitting on my hands until the mod releases and fully updated M22+ESCC bundle is in stock.

M15 works just fine on any old mod until then.

One question I have is, how are people using the ESCC without the mod? Isn't the mod required for the ESCC? Or only for TC and you can use any mod non-tc?

tennisguru1

EXCELSIOR!
Things looks like they are progressing nicely. I am sitting on my hands until the mod releases and fully updated M22+ESCC bundle is in stock.

M15 works just fine on any old mod until then.

One question I have is, how are people using the ESCC without the mod? Isn't the mod required for the ESCC? Or only for TC and you can use any mod non-tc?

The Mod is only for correct TC .
Pulsing it in wattage mode in the meantime works very well.

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer
The Mod is only for correct TC .
Pulsing it in wattage mode in the meantime works very well.

That's why mines in the graveyard; it was touted to be an enail competitor, but it has the temperature accuracy of a torched dab. I just brought the Peak on a recent excursion, honestly forgot I even own a M22 as it's less reliable than the Puffco currently.

invertedisdead,
Reactions: j-bug

anasrzi

That's why mines in the graveyard; it was touted to be an enail competitor, but it has the temperature accuracy of a torched dab. I just brought the Peak on a recent excursion, honestly forgot I even own a M22 as it's less reliable than the Puffco currently.

Did yours break @invertedisdead or did you just give up using it? I'm pretty happy with mine but I've been used to pulsing and using wattage with my Longmada Crystal for a fair while. It was the zirconia surround and eleaf pico ive had the biggest issue with.

Got next to no vapour on exhale using the pico, tried all sorts of wattage levels, nothing but whisp! Attached it to the kangertech mech box (apprently they don't run with basic mods like this?) and set it at 13w, amazing clouds and flavour too. Zirconia surround kept pulling the escc legs up out of the deck, so that's been totally removed. New clips should help but I won't be getting them unless I buy them new I figure.

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer
Did yours break @invertedisdead or did you just give up using it? I'm pretty happy with mine but I've been used to pulsing and using wattage with my Longmada Crystal for a fair while. It was the zirconia surround and eleaf pico ive had the biggest issue with.

Got next to no vapour on exhale using the pico, tried all sorts of wattage levels, nothing but whisp! Attached it to the kangertech mech box (apprently they don't run with basic mods like this?) and set it at 13w, amazing clouds and flavour too. Zirconia surround kept pulling the escc legs up out of the deck, so that's been totally removed. New clips should help but I won't be getting them unless I buy them new I figure.

My ESCC isn't broken but the resistance is so wonky there's no consistency when I try to pulse in wattage mode. I ditched the zirconia very early on. I'll definitely give it another go when I receive the updated parts, but I'm still rocking the enail for my needs. :sherlock:

invertedisdead,
Reactions: anasrzi

vapethedrapesz

hey all!

what's the deal with the m22 and the new mod? i am still trying to figure out if these guys are legit. they heavily moderate the reddit, so i'm coming here. that's the first thing that tipped me off to possible shenanigans. there also seems to be a group of ESCC people who feel they were burnt with the OG product and aren't fans anymore. you see posts in this thread that you never see on their reddit. makes you wonder.

does anyone have actual insight into the updated ESCC and mod? i am not even preordered, but won't be holding my breath if these guys can't even give real target dates.

vapethedrapesz,

Olde7

Electronic Vaporist
hey all!

what's the deal with the m22 and the new mod? i am still trying to figure out if these guys are legit. they heavily moderate the reddit, so i'm coming here. that's the first thing that tipped me off to possible shenanigans. there also seems to be a group of ESCC people who feel they were burnt with the OG product and aren't fans anymore. you see posts in this thread that you never see on their reddit. makes you wonder.

does anyone have actual insight into the updated ESCC and mod? i am not even preordered, but won't be holding my breath if these guys can't even give real target dates.
They've been exceptionally transparent about what's going on and thd manufacturing difficulties they've been facing. Those who bought the original and are complaining apparently didn't read the info posted on the AVS product page completely, before ordering. Or subsequent updates. I certainly knew to expect delays when I ordered mine. AVS is at the mercy of the Chinese factories contracted to make the various bits. There are several to coordinate, making it more difficult than expected. So it's taking longer than expected. Getting it all *right* has required several revisions. Which has added more delay. Delays like these truly suck. If it weren't for AVS fully coming through on their promise on every single *free* upgrade released to date, it would be approaching the unacceptable imo.

But they have come through 100% so far. 100%. No other vendor/mfgr they compete with has done as well, ime. The 'interim' ESCC works far better than any other bucket I've ever tried. And that's without any temp control going on. The upcoming mod is slated to offer true tc with the ESCC. None of the competition comes even close to actual tc operation - their 'tc' is identical in operation to the ESCC in wattage mode.

Myself, based on AVS's track record and personal experience as a customer, I am confident they will fulfill their promises yet again. For timeline etc info, just go thru Brent's posts on reddit (not heavily moderated imo, tho they do delete obvious trolls and fud talkers. Like they do here) . He's been pretty open about it all imo...

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer
Myself, based on AVS's track record and personal experience as a customer, I am confident they will fulfill their promises yet again.

Well that's certainly an interesting perspective but the M22 was literally born out of the unsuccessful coil-less option offered for the M15, which I preordered well over a year ago. What fulfilled promises were you referring to? The incomplete M22 release has nearly been a carbon copy of the M15 debut.

invertedisdead,
Reactions: sirwalter

Olde7

Electronic Vaporist
Well that's certainly an interesting perspective but the M22 was literally born out of the unsuccessful coil-less option offered for the M15, which I preordered well over a year ago. What fulfilled promises were you referring to? The incomplete M22 release has nearly been a carbon copy of the M15 debut.
Not really, imo. The ESCC is a different animal than anything ever discussed for the m15. And the promises I refer to are those made for the m22, not its predecessor. All the promises made about the atty under discussion in this thread have been fulfilled so far. I have Sai/Sequoia buckets and QQ's that have never worked as claimed and free updated parts either ceased coming before issues were resolved or were never offered in the first place... At least AVS stopped developing the m15 remotely heated bucket when it became clear to them that remote heating doesn't work right with buckets, instead of doubling-down with a failed design concept like the competition does. <shrugs> I guess it's a matter of how one views track records and what 'flies in the ointment' one is ok with.

sirwalter

But they have come through 100% so far. 100%. No other vendor/mfgr they compete with has done as well, ime. The 'interim' ESCC works far better than any other bucket I've ever tried.

100%? So far it’s been 6+ months of changing dates and different issues. At some point customers are going to lose patience.

My interim escc came badly chipped out of the box, never even got to set it up.

Im still waiting for the promised information about the escc being medical grade.

Personally this is my last avs pre order. Just my two cents.

I haven’t received any the “free” upgraded parts you are describing...

Last edited:

Deleted Member 1643

Frustration is understandable for new AVS customers. But the delays are also understandable. Everything from China is delayed due to the corona virus.

In retrospect, AVS took preorders way too early and should not have sent out the first, inferior batch. People make mistakes, and this is a new venture for AVS.

Deleted Member 1643,

Olde7

Electronic Vaporist
100%? So far it’s been 6+ months of changing dates and different issues. At some point customers are going to lose patience.

My interim escc came badly chipped out of the box, never even got to set it up.

Im still waiting for the promised information about the escc being medical grade.

Personally this is my last avs pre order. Just my two cents.

If you read the posts by Brent on reddit (or possibly the m22 info page on their website. I forget if it's there) you'll see that the stated plan is to ship updated coil cup, updated escc cup, updated escc, updated o-rings, updated torx driver to ALL preorder customers when all the bits are ready. I got mine early, for testing purposes. Interim escc were sent to a few folks as a courtesy (given the fitted foam lined box it comes in, I am astonished it came chipped) . The delays are indeed frustrating. They also are beyond AVS's control, or so it appears. And while I am not at all happy with the added delays, I am fully aware of how beta releases can go. Especially if the oem is really fussy about what the factories deliver. As AVS appears to be.

The tests for medical grade verification cannot take place until all the final bits start coming in and consistency of production can be verified. A pretty basic requirement for meaningful tests.

For preorder folks that have truly lost patience, maybe inquire about the possibility of a redund? I have no idea if that offer is still on the table. But it's worth asking, if you're that unhappy.

Olde7,

sirwalter

If you read the posts by Brent on reddit (or possibly the m22 info page on their website. I forget if it's there) you'll see that the stated plan is to ship updated coil cup, updated escc cup, updated escc, updated o-rings, updated torx driver to ALL preorder customers when all the bits are ready. I got mine early, for testing purposes. Interim escc were sent to a few folks as a courtesy (given the fitted foam lined box it comes in, I am astonished it came chipped) . The delays are indeed frustrating. They also are beyond AVS's control, or so it appears. And while I am not at all happy with the added delays, I am fully aware of how beta releases can go. Especially if the oem is really fussy about what the factories deliver. As AVS appears to be.

The tests for medical grade verification cannot take place until all the final bits start coming in and consistency of production can be verified. A pretty basic requirement for meaningful tests.

For preorder folks that have truly lost patience, maybe inquire about the possibility of a redund? I have no idea if that offer is still on the table. But it's worth asking, if you're that unhappy.

I’m not interested in a refund at this point, I’d like the product I paid for. I’m simply saying I don’t consider this a situation where avs has “come through 100%”- I think it has been a rocky product debut with numerous delays.

As far as medical verification Brent has described trying to start ship the M22 out as soon as he gets them from the factory in the next few weeks. I haven’t heard any recent mention of medical verification at all.

Considering how brittle and thin some of the original escc are I’m not surprised at all mine arrived damaged. Mine was egg shell thin.

Just saying my experience so far hasn’t been impressive. No I’m not a new avs customer. I’m also not a beta tester.

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer

Me neither and I tested one of the very first units. Hope it's not like the M15 all over again where the multiple rounds of "upgraded parts" never work either....

In retrospect, AVS took preorders way too early and should not have sent out the first, inferior batch. People make mistakes, and this is a new venture for AVS.

For anyone that preordered the M15, it feels like dejavu.

It's whatever though, if at some point in time I receive working parts that turn my m22 into a beast I'll certainly be on here raving about it, but until then my standards remain higher than the vapor I've achieved with the device thus far.

Last edited:

Olde7

Electronic Vaporist
Frustration is understandable for new AVS customers. But the delays are also understandable. Everything from China is delayed due to the corona virus.

Actually, when the first shipment from China failed to equal the quality of the engineering samlles they originally sent, Brent wasn't going to offer them. Folks on reddit requested they be offered, so he did. With disclaimers regarding the effectively beta status. So the oreorder availability was due entirely to a 'popular consensus.

Olde7,

Olde7

Electronic Vaporist
Me neither and I tested one of the very first units. Hope it's not like the M15 all over again where the multiple rounds of "upgraded parts" never work either....

For anyone that preordered the M15, it feels like dejavu.

It's whatever though, if at some point in time I receive working parts that turn my m22 into a beast I'll certainly be on here raving about it, but until then my standards remain higher than the vapor I've achieved with the device thus far.
Did you buy your m22? If so, you're a preorder customer and will get your upgrade parts with all the other preorders. I got mine early as an 'official' tester.

As for 'vapor standards', it's a matter of prefs I suppose. My experience thus far is that the ESCC greatly outperforms all the buckets I've tried (sai, Sequoia, qq, source) as well as my enail.

Olde7,
Top Bottom