AVS m22

anasrzi

I would plan on budgeting the AVS mod in if you really want the ESCC to function like an enail.

My ESCC still works, but in wattage mode it's more like doing a torched dab than hitting an e-nail.

What wattage are you running at @invertedisdead? I don't mind pulsing the heat.

Love the look of the mod to bring it up to enail standards. Still I bet the flavour is sublime?

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer
What wattage are you running at @invertedisdead? I don't mind pulsing the heat.

Love the look of the mod to bring it up to enail standards. Still I bet the flavour is sublime?

Usually 20-33w, haven't been super blown away with the flavor really, but I'm coming from (IMO) the best e-nail setup on the market so I might just be overly critical. I'm used to dialing things in perfectly with my e-nail, whereas this is much more manual with the pulsing, like I said it reminds me of torched (cold start) dabs.

Honestly I think the DTV3 is still the best tasting 510 atty I've ever used.

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
I think I just got one of these atomizers?

Not really sure what to do with it lol

Shit Snacks,
Reactions: Easywider

Shit Snacks

Did you get an ESCC?

IMG-20191122-211638641.jpg

is all that I have?

Shit Snacks,
Reactions: anasrzi

Shit Snacks

Is there a silicon carbide dish inside somewhere? It's the ESCC.

I'm waiting on the updated SiC dish and clips to give the M22 another go, currently shelved over here from unstable resistance.

I don't know I haven't opened anything because I have nothing to do with it yet lol

I don't think it's new new even though it's unopened... Got from @abracadaver

anasrzi

I don't know I haven't opened anything because I have nothing to do with it yet lol

I don't think it's new new even though it's unopened... Got from @abracadaver

Wouldn't be able to contain my excitement, the plastic wrapping would be ripped off pronto @Shit Snacks.

Should have a SiC dish inside but be careful with it, can be fragile so tread lightly.

j-bug

I’ve not used mine since I got it other than as initially reported. I tried and was unsuccessful on subsequent uses to get a useable resistance consistent enough and as it is it’s really unreliable. I hope it’s updated stuff is as good as expected bc right now it’s just a paperweight, though I do want to order the mod, I’m presently hesitant

Olde7

Electronic Vaporist
I’ve not used mine since I got it other than as initially reported. I tried and was unsuccessful on subsequent uses to get a useable resistance consistent enough and as it is it’s really unreliable. I hope it’s updated stuff is as good as expected bc right now it’s just a paperweight, though I do want to order the mod, I’m presently hesitant
Yeah, the factory that was contracted to do the ESCC and clips kind of screwed AVS by delivering production parts that are of considerably lower quality and slightly different dimensions than the engineering samples. My original evaluation unit ESCC worked great - by far the best bucket I've ever used - until the clips went south. So well in fact that I bought another at full price. I'm expecting evaluation samples of the bubbler and mod soonish.. ☺️

Shit Snacks

Looks like the full pre-release package. With a little luck, you've got an unbroken ESCC installed, under the cap.

Cool cool, though I am still not sure exactly what to do with it... lol thanks everyone!

Shit Snacks,

mephisto

Its new new. There is an unbroken ESCC under the cap indeed. The cup needs to be seated gently/firmly into the clips that receive the legs. After that, its wattage mode around 30 watts. Be prepared for your resistance to drift, mine will read 2.95, then 2.45 after a button press. If the resistance causes a check atomizer alert, you can GENTLY press the legs into the clips and try again. Mine will not remain stable enough to vape rosin,yet......You have the full pre-release set up, upgrades to the ESCC pending.

Olde7

Electronic Vaporist
Cool cool, though I am still not sure exactly what to do with it... lol thanks everyone!
Well, you'd use it in a manner similar to any other bucket type. The AVS recommended settings listed in the online manual work quite well, ime. Assuming, of course, you have a working ESCC/clip combination. Wattage mode only, for now... I plan on mapping a tcr value for tc operation with mods other than the AVS mod. Brent may well publish that info before I do. The potential issue I see is the relatively high cold resistance of the new SiC. It could rise enough in normal operation to be 'out of range' for some mods to tc. Only a possibility, tho. We'll know fairly soon. ☺️

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer
Looks pretty sweet, will be cool if you can adjust the length of the session through the mod. Smart to add the lights for visual feedback, especially for "mod-phobic" users, reminds me of the Crafty.

anasrzi

Like the look of the mod it's the price that I find eyewatering at $119! Doesn't come with the bubbler or SiC dish etc just the mod for that price. I'm sure it's well priced and spec'ed too but I'll just get a decent mod with extra TC and TCR functions and work it from there, people are already looking to map the m22 so it's a matter of trial and error.

Olde7

Electronic Vaporist
Like the look of the mod it's the price that I find eyewatering at $119! Doesn't come with the bubbler or SiC dish etc just the mod for that price. I'm sure it's well priced and spec'ed too but I'll just get a decent mod with extra TC and TCR functions and work it from there, people are already looking to map the m22 so it's a matter of trial and error.
The price actually compares favorably to DNA mods - and is designed with concentrate use as a design criteria. In addition, it's the only mod capable of correct tc with SiC. Tcr is, and always has been, a second-rate version of tc, compared to a fully mapped tfr (which the AVS SiC tc mode is). Tcr is better than nothing, especially with others buckets - which cannot be effectively tc'd anyway. But for things like SS and Ti wire - and now SiC - for which accurate tfr curves are available, tcr is second rate tc ime. ☺️

anasrzi

I'm sure it's worth every penny/dollar @Olde7, I'd love to see a Black Friday combo deal for the mod and m22, with a sweet discount. Not overly clued up on mods etc but I'm sure your right about TC vs TCR thing, I just look at the wattage and functions for my sins :huh:

anasrzi,

710yota

Have you heard about the boom on Mizar 5?
My ESCC is still holding up and I'm still loving my M22, I have used it daily since I got it. I am very excited for the updated parts to show up. Portable concentrate devices like this were all I used until I recently, I have tried a whole bunch of them (Sai/Sequoia, TRVP, DTV4, Jetstream, M15) and I really do think the M22 with the updated parts will be the end game for me for these kinds of devices....at least for a while :p.

al bundy

Vaporist
Was hoping before Christmas
I don’t think until after the New Year which is fine to get the parts right
the OG Mole I like better than the 22 coil for some reason
although I am using the coil as is I didn’t unwind a coil like the video states
I will try this weekend when cousin comes although I didn’t get this for the coil got it for the ESCC
I wonder if the Mod will make a difference with coil?
I’m using a Pico and the Sinous p80?
Both AF

Last edited:
al bundy,
Reactions: shredder

710yota

Have you heard about the boom on Mizar 5?
Was hoping before Christmas
I don’t think until after the New Year which is fine to get the parts right
the OG Mole I like better than the 22 coil for some reason
although I am using the coil as is I didn’t unwind a coil like the video states
I will try this weekend when cousin comes although I didn’t get this for the coil got it for the ESCC
I wonder if the Mod will make a difference with coil?
I’m using a Pico and the Sinous p80?
Both AF

I imagine the mod could make some difference in terms of using the coil but from reading on the AVS subreddit I think the new ceramic cup when we get it will make the biggest difference as the coil won't pinch against the sides of the cup as its prone to now. I think you would get better performance if you modified the coil like Brent showed in the video but TBH I didn't have the greatest luck during the 5 mins I messed with this process and haven't really been into coils since I got the ESCC.

Top Bottom