• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Avb/Everclear tincture - heat or no heat?

Balzac

I've got 17 grams of AVB and a bottle of 190 proof Everclear.

I've seen several methods on the internets - either leaving the AVB in Everclear for a week and then filtering it or giving it a little bit of heat (such as in a water-filled crockpot set on low - I know Everclear is highly flammable.)

Is there a consensus for the best way to make a good tincture?

Also, is there a ratio of AVB to alcohol that I should follow (other than covering up all the AVB in the jar)?

Thanks for any advice!

momofthegoons

vapor accessory addict
Hi and welcome to the forum. I've always just covered the herb with the Everclear (or 151), put it in a dark place and then given it a shake every hour or so for 4 - 6 hours. You can do it longer but there's no real benefit, imo. Then strain and put into a container in a water bath. But do not put the container directly on the bottom of the crock pot or whatever you are using. Use a metal cookie cutter or mason jar ring to elevate it off the bottom. The water should only come up 1" - 1 1/2" or so up the container you are using for the tincture. Don't evaporate it down too far or you'll end up with a molasses like substance that you wont be able to get out of the jar. And keep the heat low!

pseudox

I'm gonna have a go at it using ABV with Master Wu's green dragon recipe. The recipe calls for high grade bud. From what I've read, you should double the amount when using ABV. Im assuming its gonna taste like crap but I mix it with orange juice when I make it the regular way.

pseudox,
Top Bottom