Magical Butter

Dreamerr

Always in a state of confusion and silliness♀
Gee can't he ask to come back? I though he asked for permission to be here but kept posting while waiting but he wasn't trying to make believe he wasn't the vendor so maybe asking nicely might works :shrug:

Dreamerr,

smokum

I am who I am and your approval isn't needed!
I think he mentioned back he was having difficulty figuring things out and prob got too busy to bother trying.

Who knows, all speculation at this point......

smokum,

Shrike

Flower Potted, Maxed, & Rio'd.
i actually just got done going to the Magic Butter website and i used the contact us link and asked him if he would consider coming back to the forums. i hope that is allowed??

Don't see how you doing or asking anything outside of FC would be anyone's business but your own...however, whether FC allows him back in is totally up to them. I hope they acquiesce in this case. It's always really nice to have direct access to company's owners or spokespeoples's.

rmhllvl

I was wondering if anyone knows if the Magical Butter Machine is safe to use glycerin in it. I thought I saw someone say it was ok, but I wanted to get a confirmation, and what setting would you recommend? Thank you!

Tweek

I spoke to magicalbutter in the past and he said you could do glycerine. I can't recall if there was an ideal temp, but I can't imagine the regular butter setting would be an issue. Have not tried it yet myself though.

secretjuly

If I wanted to make brownies using oil what should the ratio be ounces of oils to grams of herb?

secretjuly,

Dreamerr

Let us know the difference between version one and two. Is it easier to clean would be the biggest questions? How much did it come to with shipping?

Dreamerr,

VapeArts

Lucid Dreamer
Let us know the difference between version one and two. Is it easier to clean would be the biggest questions? How much did it come to with shipping?

Mine should arrive tomorrow. I first ordered one off of Amazon about 2 weeks ago. The price was around $178 so I assumed it was version 2. It was not and I immediately returned it (didn't use it) to Amazon and the third party selling it. I reordered from the Magical Butter web site. With UPS ground shipping it came to $188 and will arrive tomorrow.

When I called MB I happened to speak to the owner as everyone else was in a meeting. It didn't sound like he would be back on FC. He seemed pretty sure he would get booted off again for "doing sales". I didn't try to educate or convince him as he was in a hurry. He did recommend using Facebook for the latest information, etc.

He also told me he was frustrated by the company selling the old model on Amazon. He didn't know where they got their supply from and said the old model hadn't been available to anyone for the past two months. But since they weren't selling it below the MSRP he couldn't really do anything about them selling it. Yesterday when I checked Amazon I didn't see the one I bought advertised from NorthStar but I did see someone else selling one for $149 which I assume is the model 1.

BTW, at the Magical Butter website there is a chart comparing the features of the two models
http://magicalbutter.com/info/magicalbutter-technology

mb1-vs-mb2.jpg

Dreamerr

Mine should arrive tomorrow. I first ordered one off of Amazon about 2 weeks ago. The price was around $178 so I assumed it was version 2. It was not and I immediately returned it (didn't use it) to Amazon and the third party selling it. I reordered from the Magical Butter web site. With UPS ground shipping it came to $188 and will arrive tomorrow.

When I called MB I happened to speak to the owner as everyone else was in a meeting. It didn't sound like he would be back on FC. He seemed pretty sure he would get booted off again for "doing sales". I didn't try to educate or convince him as he was in a hurry. He did recommend using Facebook for the latest information, etc.

He also told me he was frustrated by the company selling the old model on Amazon. He didn't know where they got their supply from and said the old model hadn't been available to anyone for the past two months. But since they weren't selling it below the MSRP he couldn't really do anything about them selling it. Yesterday when I checked Amazon I didn't see the one I bought advertised from NorthStar but I did see someone else selling one for $149 which I assume is the model 1.

BTW, at the Magical Butter website there is a chart comparing the features of the two models
http://magicalbutter.com/info/magicalbutter-technology

mb1-vs-mb2.jpg

I saw that as well but it doesn't go into the cleaning at all and was wondering if it was improved. I guess we will have to compare what you think of the cleaning and tweek to get a good picture. I might order one next week since I am making such a mess and wasting so much product. Let me know if it is idiot proof and basically I don't have to do anything except eat, drink or whatever.

VapeArts

Lucid Dreamer
It arrived today! First off a warning for those unpacking it. Once you open the MB box and remove the top piece of packing foam you need to lift out the machine. I used the handle on the top of the unit but it is not clamped/locked down to the unit. It does have an electrical connection to the body of the unit but is easily separated. Bottom line is that as I lifted the MB out of the box the top separated from the body which fell. I happened to have it over the counter and the body only fell a half foot but it could have easily been over the tile floor and dropped several feet. The whole unit was surrounded by a clear, open plastic bag. It will be much safer to remove it from the box by lifting the bag and not using the handle.

So far all I have done is run it for one cleaning cycle. Added water to the min marker inside the body of the unit. A dab of liquid dish washing soap and pressed the clean button. It took maybe 5 minutes (the manual mentions how long most things take but not the cleaning cycle) and then started to beep to signal it was finished. It seemed to work fine as in no soap bubbles came out of the top while it ran.

BTW, there is no mention of the decarb function in the manual. I guess it is integrated into the other cycles.

Now I'm trying to decide how much top shelf popcorn to use to make some butter. I'll report back how the cleaning goes after I've made the butter.

VapeArts

Lucid Dreamer
Well, i made my first batch of butter. It was pretty darn easy! I didn't read the new instructions close enough and based on the older model/instructions I melted the butter before putting it in the MB2. Not necessary! The first thing the MB2 does is melt the butter.

I did not grind my popcorn buds but they were well ground when it was finished. I assumed it would grind them all shortly after I put them in but instead the MB2 grinds for about 3-5 second every 5 minutes or so. When it grinds it's loud but not terribly so. I wouldn't want to sleep next to it but we were able to continue talking about 15 feet away without having to raise our voices. Roughly as loud as a hand mixer. Not as loud as a food processor. When it's not grinding/mixing it is silent. The two hour butter cycle seemed to be about two hours and 10 minutes. I'm guessing that the extra time has to do with the melting of the butter at the beginning.

It takes a while to filter the butter through the fine mesh metal of the coffee filter that was supplied. The butter looks great after filtering it. I would describe the sludge at the bottom of the MB2 as a slurry. Very finely ground bud and hot butter. I dumped that into the filter at the end and used a spatula to press out more of the butter. Then I tossed the rest. I'm sure some of you would have kept it but I don't want to mess with it.

Clean up was relatively easy. Everything was still pretty warm when I cleaned it. I used the cleaning cycle and it was pretty good but I still needed to clean the top and inside some more. I'm thinking I won't bother using the cycle next time. Basically you're dealing with butter with some herb in it. Hot soapy water and whatever sponge or device you use to clean cooking pots is what you would use on this. From what I've read you don't have to be crazy careful about getting the top, handle or bottom wet. You just don't want to soak them which makes sense - electronics and all.

I used a pound of butter and a half ounce of top shelf popcorn buds. I hope to bake some cookies tomorrow. My goal is to make them weaker than most that i've eaten. I'm thinking to mix my magic butter 50/50 with regular butter. I don't eat herbs on a regular basis and currently my tolerance is pretty low. Most medibles that I've eaten are way too potent for me. I find that my dosage is often half what is recommended and my wife's is about 1/4 of what is recommended. I want to eat a nice big chocolate chip cookie :rockon: and get just where I want to be instead of eating a third or a half of a cookie and looking longingly at the rest of it knowing it would knock me out :mmmm: if I consumed it.

I don't know what is typical regarding how much butter you end up with but here's what happened tonight.

454 grams of butter (1 pound or two cups)
14 grams of popcorn buds
------
468 grams to start with.
400 grams of cannabutter when finished.

So I lost just over 1/3 of the weight. A friend who was over said that was about typical when he made butter on his stove top.

Overall first time impressions... easier and less messy than other methods. Fun to use... I like the colored LED lights. The results look great and I'm sure will work really well. If I hadn't melted the butter first i could have had it set up and working in less than 5 minutes, left it alone for 2+ hours and come back to finished buttery goodness. :nod: Then maybe 15 minutes to drain, strain and clean it up. 20 minutes of effort total. Next time I will probably try it with coconut oil or maybe one more time with butter using a different strain then coconut oil.

So far so good!

Thanks for paving the way Tweek!

smokie

I'm really interested in one of these but have tried contacting to find out about shipping to uk and no answer? Has anyone here got one in the uk? Where did you order from? Thanks

smokie,

Shrike

Flower Potted, Maxed, & Rio'd.
Think I'm going to have to pick up one of these soon...especially with the upgrades they have just made.:)

Shrike,

Dreamerr

I wish they upgraded the cleaning part but guess they didn't.

Dreamerr,

Steele Concept

Transformer Tubes
Manufacturer
I'm really curious as to how this thing does a Master Wu style tincture. If anyone has tried with the newer model, please post results.

Ethanol>Glycerin :rockon:

Steele Concept,

VapeArts

Lucid Dreamer
I just made my first batch of canna-cookies with the butter I made a couple days ago. Here's how I determined the dosage. BadKat, in his great thread at grasscity.com (referred to in a couple previous posts by others) recommends 1/3 gram of bud as the basic dose for newbies. As I mentioned in a previous post I would rather have my batch come out a little weak rather than too strong. I like cookies and want to be able to eat a whole one and still function a bit. Based on that dosage level there should be 42 doses in the butter I made. :science: My favorite recipe for chocolate chip cookies calls for 1/2 cup of butter. Using the 1/2 cup of cannabutter I determined I should make 16 cookies so that's what I did.

I ate 1/2 of one about 30 minutes ago, on an empty stomach, and will probably eat the other half after I post this.

Here's what the cannabutter looks like. The 1/2 cup is going into the cookies.

Here are half of the chocolate chip pecan cookies I made. They taste like the really good cookies that they are only made with herb butter. IOW they're quite tasty but definitely not as tasty as when they are herb free. I expect the rest of their tastiness to arrive in about 20 minutes!

Well now that I'm done putting this together it has been 45 minutes since eating 1/2 of a cookie. Feeling a very pleasant low key buzz. :smug: I'm off to eat the other half!

Hope I'm not torturing too many of you with the cookies shot! Bwahahahahahaha......:lmao:

Dreamerr

Did you use the lecithin and all? Is it way less of a mess cause using badkats recipe it is a huge mess which is why I don't do it. Also the in and out of the freezer is a pain in the ass as well. So can you tell us exactly how you did it for me the confused one?

Dreamerr,
Top Bottom