Magical Butter

Xchadb

@Brownglass
Glass Blower
I hear ya man. I am hoping this gadget will extract more of the goodies than I have been able to...will probably play around with the ratios a bit as well, to try and get it as concentrated as possible.

Ice cream sounds good! I have a cook book here with a recipe...I will try and post it up.
twosevenboy mentioned something i didnt realise....

the spinner blade in there chops up your material, if you're using high quality stuff, lots of those trics and all the kief can be be smashed and lots of get gets lost on its way in (in the grinder, food proccesor ect) so all of your product is being used as efficent as possible! :) also there is a setting for making medicated olive oil :)

Xchadb,
Reactions: Tweek

Tweek

That is a feature I am eager to see in action. It will be interesting to see how fine a grind it will give you in the final product. Looks pretty solid from twoseven's video, especially for the current discounted price. Trying to win one seems impossible...unless you have a blog and lots of followers :D

I am also curious about the milkshake and mushroom settings...hopefully the instructions will explain a bit further.

Tweek,

mmenzie

My friends call me "Menz"
awesome, cause i need a new reason to hold onto my ABV, everything ive tried, nothing has been easy enough to be worth what you get outa it. some nightime ice cream perhaps?

i have pretty decent success taking my ABV and making some QWISO out of it. its not the best tasting but still gets you medicated. i made a batch the other night and have been using it to test my TV LV Dart on my EGO-C battery. so far it has been working better than i expected.

mmenzie,

Xchadb

@Brownglass
Glass Blower
i have pretty decent success taking my ABV and making some QWISO out of it. its not the best tasting but still gets you medicated. i made a batch the other night and have been using it to test my TV LV Dart on my EGO-C battery. so far it has been working better than i expected.
i have a few videos on my iso oil

i dab that shit homie! :) i ran it thru the DG, horrible taste, powerfull high, had a whole makeup jar full of that shit, wasnt worth the wait and return, and i just flat out suck at qwiso making anyways.

id love to try some from an exprienced maker tho

Xchadb,

Puffers

Micro-Climate Mastermind
The mushroom setting is for making making shroom tea apparently..... This thing sounds like it knows how to have a good time :nod: lol I see a purchase in the future I think lol. I wonder if you still have to decarb your material or if it uses a slow heat to decarb for you? If I dont even have to decarb I can just toss in some herb, oil, soy Lechitin, set it and go. Then I can come home from work and have potent medicated oil ready to go that would sooooooo legit. That's :ninja: status and the money would totally be worth the labor saved.

I would "clean up" after an oil run by using the milkshake setting :rockon:

Tweek

I read somewhere on their site that a decarb is still recommended. Hopefully I can review it in time for you to take advantage of the coupon. :nod:

Tweek,
Reactions: Puffers

Xchadb

@Brownglass
Glass Blower
The mushroom setting is for making making shroom tea apparently..... This thing sounds like it knows how to have a good time :nod: lol I see a purchase in the future I think lol. I wonder if you still have to decarb your material or if it uses a slow heat to decarb for you? If I dont even have to decarb I can just toss in some herb, oil, soy Lechitin, set it and go. Then I can come home from work and have potent medicated oil ready to go that would sooooooo legit. That's :ninja: status and the money would totally be worth the labor saved.

I would "clean up" after an oil run by using the milkshake setting :rockon:
if its hot enough to make boomer tea, wouldnt it be hot enough to decarb?

Xchadb,

Tweek

if its hot enough to make boomer tea, wouldnt it be hot enough to decarb?

There is a sensor inside the unit that shuts it off automatically if you put too much or too little liquid into the device. Since you have to decarb without liquid, there is the possibility the device might not heat up.

That being said, it would be a cool experiment to add to the list. Imagine if you could pop your herbals in, toast and grind then toss in the liquids...awesomeness.

Tweek,

Puffers

Micro-Climate Mastermind
There is a sensor inside the unit that shuts it off automatically if you put too much or too little liquid into the device. Since you have to decarb without liquid, there is the possibility the device might not heat up.

That being said, it would be a cool experiment to add to the list. Imagine if you could pop your herbals in, toast and grind then toss in the liquids...awesomeness.

Magical butter 2.0..... We better hop on it Tweek :lol:

Ya there's a liquid sensor and the shroom setting is like 160 F not enough for decarb unless it's pretty lengthy IMO

Puffers,

Tweek

Butter maker arrived bright and early today :D Probably won't be able to start using it for a few days because of holiday commitments but here are my first impressions so far:

Unit is solid and a good weight. The plastic used on the top, handle and bottom seems a bit flimsy, but only time will tell. Alot of areas cannot come into contact with water, which might make cleaning a bit more delicate than I was hoping. For example, it says not to get the bottom of the cooker wet...that's kind of tricky when trying to clean a big ass pot. Other than that, the mixer part looks really solid and I guess the real test will be in how it produces. I would say build wise, I feel I got my moneys worth at the current discount. Oh, and it comes with a 1 year warranty.

For those in Canada, it arrived with no problems, and in a timely manner. There were no additional border fees, but YMMV. So grand total for me, with discount and shipping was $130.

Edit: Just put it through a cleaning cycle. Machine hummed along nicely, but as I figured, rinsing was a bit trickier as I had to keep water away from the head, handle and bottom. Hopefully it is sealed well enough that small amounts of water won't harm it. What's nice so far, is it has features for using it as a regular grinder and milk shake machine. Pretty cool.

One feature I do not like, is the head does not snap on. It just sort of sits on the top, mating a male with a female plug on the body. This might be helpful for those who don't have the strength for pushing buttons, but you have to be careful to remind yourself not to try and pick up the unit by the top handle...otherwise the bottom will fall off. Could be dangerous if it is full of hot oil/butter.

You will also need some decent storage or counter space. It is a large unit. Measurements/photos to come.

Here are a few quick close up snaps done with my ipotato. Check the album every so often, as I will update photos when I can:

http://imgur.com/a/zUcKd

PAZ

What would be a household item thats comparable in size? Something like an electronic kettle or normal sized blender?

PAZ,

Tweek

Measurements: Approximately 12 inches tall and 8 inches at it's widest point (handle) across. Happy Holidays!

Tweek,

Tstat

Dead Foot Designs
Accessory Maker
Have you tried it yet? I am all about gadgets, LOL! But here is a pound made the old fashioned SLJ way!
img4533u.jpg

Tstat,

Tweek

I will be trying it out tomorrow. Just recovering from a busy holiday :smug:

Edit: So I couldn't resist starting some infused olive oil tonight, entirely made up of AVB. I was lazy and just slopped everything in there, so it should be interesting.

Machine is loud when it does its initial grind. Probably something I should have thought about before starting, since my wife is trying to sleep...I have a small video I made of the LED lights and the sound of the unit heating up:

So far I am enjoying it. Heats up in cycles and the lights are kind of fun.

Tweek,
Reactions: Crohnie

Tweek

So I placed 30 grams of old, brown, ugly materials into about 1 1/2 cups of oil along with 1 1/2 cups of water to help bring the contents up to the minimum line on the unit. The oil cycle that I selected was supposed to only run an hour, but just kept going. I let it run two hours, then fired off an email inquiring why the cycle didn't stop. Will keep you posted on that response.

Anyways, the unit will do an initial grind, which is quite loud but effective. Everything was pre-ground, but this turned it into a paste. Throughout the process, you can hear the unit heating up in intervals (see previous video). It is not a sealed unit, so you can smell the cooking.

When I was done, I ended up with a strong smelling, dark cooking oil which does the trick nicely :brow: Cleanup was not as easy as they suggest, but it isn't horrible either. Here is a short video of the start of the cleaning cycle. You can also hear the sounds of the grinder:

Time will tell how durable this unit is. At this point in time, I think it was worth the sale price if you want something more automated. It was nice not having to monitor temperatures, and stir, etc. The company itself is hard to read...it looks like they are trying to make a solid product, but at the same time, there is a hokey feel to the whole thing...and some design changes would be nice eventually. I don't like that there are so many parts that have to be kept away from water (Handle, top, bottom) This makes cleaning a little trickier. I would also prefer that the top snap into place, rather than mate with a plug on the body. Could be a safety issue.

I still need to play with the unit before standing behind it in any way, but it's been fun so far and it did do what it advertises on the box.

ugobo

Thank you very much for your experiments and reviews Tweek! I might get one if your reviews make me feel like i should get one!

ugobo,

PAZ

I don't know why, but i've always been wary of things with flashy lights. To me it screams "Look at these aesthetically pleasing lights to ignore the flaws of this product! Not saying this does, but thats what I found in the past.

Tweek

I hear where you are coming from PAZ. This is why I can't say "run out and buy" right now. Only time and some more use will determine whether the unit is built to last. That being said, it does do what it advertises, so I don't feel ripped off at this point in time.

Tweek,
Reactions: Puffers

that herb guy

Did you get any kind of reply from the company? That cycle staying on 2x as long as the setting is a little concerning (best case scenario, burn up your actives, worst fire?), but if I could drop some abv in before I leave for the day and come home to some heavy oil, I'd scoop one up. How was the quality of the oil vs. something you'd make yourself, roughly the same?

that herb guy,

Tweek

No word yet, but I am cutting them some slack since it's still holiday time. The oil was really strong...better than anything I have ever made. But I am no expert at edibles, so I may be easily impressed :)

It really was nice being able to toss it all in and press a button. Being a new product though, I don't know if I would leave it unattended just yet either.

Tweek

Just used the unit to make some Kratom tea (Kratom is legal in Canada...for now). I enjoy Kratom on a rare occasion for relaxation and sleep. I selected the mushroom function and the unit ran for a half hour both mixing and heating the material. I ended up with a strong and effective tea.

I noticed during the cleaning cycle, that the unit loves to splash water. Since it is not sealed in any way, you can't really prevent this. The instructions state it is caused by overfilling or too much soap, but I only put water up to the MIN line and a drop of dish soap into the unit. I also did a second cleaning cycle with clean water, as I notice there are alot of little nooks and crannies that soap or gunk could possibly get into. Mainly around the screws and joints.

So far so good. Not perfect, but it's fitting into my lazy lifestyle nicely.

Edit: I do want to add, that the tea was noticeably stronger than when I used to make it on the stovetop. Not suggesting the machine did anything "magical" but it did the job better than I used to with no fussing on my part, other than cleanup.

PAZ

Dammit, another thing to add to my list for after I get my undergrad... I think I might have to get out a loan just to afford my list of "post-undergrad items" in a years time. :lol:

PAZ,
Top Bottom