Magical Butter

satyrday

Update: 1 tbsp was as dark as 2 tbsp!

Now, is this darkness really commensurate with increased potency? We shall find out.

Edit (11:52pm) - Final Update on today's experiment:
It is somewhat more potent, but much of the color is just a tannic dyeing of the water over the 1 hour cycle. A bit like a Guiness stout compared to the dark lager I'm used to - more color and body than extra punch. Both nice in their own way, but the darkness doesn't equal dynamite. You always hope you can magically start peeling one dollar bill off of another, but it never quite works out that way. I really need to try this butter maker with the "good stuff" ... aka homey's lucky nugget.

Stapleface

So I did my first butter run last night. Something seemed to be wrong with my machine as I noticed it wasn't blending. As I was sitting there it did keep going into a heat up cycle, then all of a sudden my machine turned into a butter volcano and started spewing out liquid butter. I didn't lose much but I had to shut the machine off. I ran it through partial cleaning cycle Then tried to start it again. It wouldn't start up, after making my cycle and temp selection the machine would just beep like it was finished a cycle. After a couple minutes of WTF!!! It worked properly..I hope this isn't a continuing issue. Anyway, the butter looks awesome. I filtered once through cheese cloth, then one through the provided filter. The provided filter works great for a second filtering, as it runs right through. Catching whatever gunk is left. Looks like I will be doing some baking this week..:dog:

Stapleface

Hmm, why can't I edit that last comment? Sorry for the double post but no choice really except don't comment. That's no fun. Made brownies. When I burp it tastes like weed, but they tasted awesome. Not much of a cannabis flavor to them, except for a little after taste. Probably the best tasting medible I have tasted so far, besides gummies. I love some hash gummies. Soo freeking good. Anyway, I reported my issue to Magical Butter, waiting to hear back from them to see what they say. I wonder if anyone else has had that issue. My current report on the brownies, like most edibles I am just a little sleepy, but they did relieve the aches in my joints due to the dampness in the air. Can't complain about that, not fucked up, but got some relief, which is really what I'm after. I can dab all I need if I'm trying to get fucked up. Medical properties are more important to me with edibles.:buzz:

Dreamerr

Always in a state of confusion and silliness♀
Thanks for the report stappleface. So I guess you made you brownies with butter not oil?
Let us know what MB says about your issues. I can't comment since I still didn't get around to making anything. I was going to do oil first but now I might make butter. I was finishing up my coconut oil and still have a bunch left. My son hates when I use it so that is always an issue. He said it smells...good I think...and he can't eat it which I think is his biggest complaint but he won't say lol.

I was thinking butter because I have a very new habit of taking a tortilla and frying it in a pan with mmj coco oil yummy. Kind of like garlic bread with a tortilla. I think it would work better with butter.

SF, what was your ratio butter to herb, fresh or abv? I am not going to measure exact even when I eat stuff I just take whatever but would like an idea since I need it strong.

mmenzie

My friends call me "Menz"
what are hash gummies?? is it a recipe you are willing to share?? i can't cook, but maybe i can find someone who can

mmenzie,

secretjuly

I have around an ounce of ABV and I don't think that would be potent enough for 2 cups of oil. how much fresh herb do you think I should throw in if I am making 2 cups of oil for brownies

secretjuly,

Dreamerr

As per the instructions, As I read it all recipes are 1 cup to 4-8 grams of herb and I was thinking if we use abv I guess 8 to 16 grams so I think an ounce of ABV should be ok. You will never know unless you try it.

Dreamerr,

Johnny Flameo

Man i'm pretty... baked...
hey everyone :) i got one of these on Friday, boy is it huge. planning to do a batch or two of some coconut oil this week!

does anyone think this could be used for an Ayahuasca preparation? :brow:

Tweek

I have around an ounce of ABV and I don't think that would be potent enough for 2 cups of oil. how much fresh herb do you think I should throw in if I am making 2 cups of oil for brownies

I used about 30 grams of duff with two cups of oil, and it turned out nicely. The duff was pretty spent and the machine still managed to extract enough for a nice buzz.

Tweek,
Reactions: ou812?

satyrday

I still want to love this machine, but I still find it requires too much herb. My fault for not researching more.

As far as our ayahuascero's brave inquiry, unless preparing for a group, I think you would be puking and/or tripping for a month on the amount you'd have to make.

Tweek

You can use less herb if you are making butter, by using water. You can also use the machine for other ingredients as well, so it may not be a total loss.

Tweek,
Reactions: satyrday

Dreamerr

Tweak do you leave your oil out with your regular oils or do you put it in the fridge? If it last long I don't care if the batch is large. I still can't decide if I want to do olive oil, butter or tincture which would maybe get less use but I dunno. Woman ugh lol. I have the machine all this time and still haven't tried it :whip:

Dreamerr,

Tweek

I put my oil in the fridge. With regards as to what to make, it all really depends on the way you enjoy consuming your herb the most...do you want brownies? Do you want salad dressing? Or maybe you want something you can drop in a drink or under your tongue at a moments notice?

Tweek,

smokum

I am who I am and your approval isn't needed!
Don't feel bad Dreamerr, I had mine for a month and didn't try it so passed it on to a buddy more into medables than I and I don't think he's used it either yet simply because he's accustomed to old and true procedures for butter.

I can only comment on butter storage.... wrapped in wax paper, surrounded by paper towel, and placed in a freezer bag in the freezer. No issues (or noticeable potency loss), after six months, and still makes a great chocolate fudge, lol.

satyrday

I know I said this before, but want to repeat it for intended effect: I would gladly buy this machine again in a 1/4-sized version. I feel it is a solid machine from the one time I did use it (with kratom). Miniaturization can affect the cost, so that is a factor to consider. But damn that would be cool!

Also make the decarb cycle optional - the more tweakable the better IMO.

satyrday,

secretjuly

You can use less herb if you are making butter, by using water. You can also use the machine for other ingredients as well, so it may not be a total loss.

I am pretty new to baking and stuff so to use butter in water would you put like a cup of butter in (pre melt it right?) then a cup of water to make it to the minimum line. Then when it is done you refrigerate the cannabutter and then I'm guessing its easy to seperate the water from the butter

secretjuly,

satyrday

I am pretty new to baking and stuff so to use butter in water would you put like a cup of butter in (pre melt it right?) then a cup of water to make it to the minimum line. Then when it is done you refrigerate the cannabutter and then I'm guessing its easy to seperate the water from the butter
I'm not doubting this works but it does run counter to my intuition. Seems like the water would soak the herb preventing a good extraction.

satyrday,

Tweek

Yep, pretty much how it works. No problems with extraction.

Tweek,

satyrday

Yep, pretty much how it works. No problems with extraction.
I will be trying it once I have access to my machine again in a couple weeks. So, I could theoretically use 1/4 recommended herb amount with [1/4 butter + 3/4 water] of recommended "liquid" amount, and after the water separates the butter is full strength? If that works like I hope, it might save the machine for me. I wonder if the trick would work with vegetable glycerin for tincture? (not sure if it would separate easily)

satyrday,

VapeArts

Lucid Dreamer
I am pretty new to baking and stuff so to use butter in water would you put like a cup of butter in (pre melt it right?)...

If you have the MB2 you do not need to pre-melt the butter. Probably wouldn't hurt to let it sit out a bit to come up to room temperature but I don't think even that is needed.

VapeArts,

saucybx

Vapetress
I was wondering if anyone knows if the Magical Butter Machine is safe to use glycerin in it. I thought I saw someone say it was ok, but I wanted to get a confirmation, and what setting would you recommend? Thank you!

Hi I got my machine yesterday. I used 2 1/2 cups glycerine and 1 cup of water w/ 32g dark brown abv from my dbv with a few dried stems mixed in. I used the tincture setting (4hrs) @ 160 degrees f.

It works awesome but I wasn't expecting so much smell or the intermittent noise. Next time I'll run it in the garage.

Straining with the included strainer was doable but slow, as I could only put small amounts in at a time and then I had to use a silicone spatula to coax the fluid thru the poo and the fine screen.
This was after I FIRST strained with THIS

To clean, I filled the machine with hot water halfway between the min and max lines and added 2 drops of dish detergent and ran the clean cycle. Again, worked great - no spill. Glycerine washed right out. What little was left was easily cleaned up with a wet paper towel.

I ended up with a 500ml (16oz) olive oil bottle full of "black gold" :-), plus a full 2oz dropper bottle full.

It's strong. 1/2 a dropper under the tongue knocked me out for the night. (I hold it in my mouth for around a minute then spit it out.)

Today I direct dripped into a atomizer and it works like a champ (I use a Gentleman's).

I can (and will) now medicate any and everywhere. This butter maker is everything!

I'm no professional or expert at any of this stuff but this is what worked for me. HTH

Dreamerr

Thanks for sharing your whole recipe and the results saucybx.

Dreamerr,

saucybx

Vapetress
Thanks for sharing your whole recipe and the results saucybx.

You're welcome! Truly my pleasure. ;)

I tweaked the recipe in comment #16 HERE

If I can get a decent product with my mostly dark brown duff, I can only imagine what really great quality flowers or lightly vaped abv will produce.

This tincture is SO much easier to medicate with than the gag-worthy butter I made.

You guys are a terrible influence :D . Whenever I spend any amt of time on this forum, I end up buying something new:o.

Dreamerr

I wonder how much stronger it would have been with lecithin if you used it? I bet you can use a little less herb since it is suppose to absorb better. I was going to make an everclear tincture but now I am thinking if it is that strong with glycerin why not and then if I wanted to vape it I can. I would just need the correct type of vaporizer I suppose. I really need to do this soon as vaping is not working very well. I must have shot my tolerance up really high and I can't do a t-break. I just don't like the couch lock and when I vape I don't get that. I need to function not sleep for two days. I don't like being tired. I much prefer a head high with body overtones for body issues but not to get tired or hungry which are both bad for me.

Dreamerr,

satyrday

Hi I got my machine yesterday. I used 2 1/2 cups glycerine and 1 cup of water...
Did the glycerin separate from the water, or is it a consistent solution? If the latter, why did you mix with the water? Thanks for posting your report.

satyrday,
Top Bottom