Aura Hybrid from Flowermate

adhox

Guy a newbie looking to buy a good dry herb vaporizer. Aura Hybrid looks interesting. Anyone please post a review.

Thanks,

adhox,

adhox

Thanks Vapor sipper, but looking for some user reviews..if anyone has had a chance to use this one.

The others I am considering are - ecapple IV-1 or flowermate pro/pro mini.

Any recos or pointers would be welcome.

Thanks,

adhox,

Spocks_Katra

does anyone know what the mouthpiece material is? hope its not plastic because this looks like a very nice vape for the price

Spocks_Katra,

VaporSipper

It is plastic, and you can only use that mp as the lid has no threads for other FM mouthpieces to screw onto -- but the AH is still a good vape for the price, especially if you want to also use e-liquid tanks.

VaporSipper,
Reactions: KeroZen

justcametomind

Hi, I get an Aura on its way, not Hybrid the other pen style version, will post a full review after some tests!

Is there an Aura only dedicaced thread, please?

ps: I will get teh Ihit as well, sorry but I'm a bit excited about it....I hope I will be not disappointed!
I got the pen Aura as well. My first FM. No vapor. It could be me but I feel like I don't like it. The mini pods are awesome but I think the vape cannot reach so hi temp to vape what's inside (or there's something else to make an FM operate that I'm missing). Today I got also a FM v5.0 pro mini, as well equipped with pods. We'll see if it's any better.

All I can say for now is that e-capple iv-1/iv1s basically sports the same oven with an ecig mod underneath for 60$ shipped. But they still have to be tested for % of faulty units and longevity (will they last at least 6 months as the warranty claims?).
This is the same except an higher price. Hope a better warranty. :)
One day one of these cheap vapes will be king, but it's taking a very long while. :D Innovation doesn't come so cheap but as smoke quitters any of these could be ok.

justcametomind,

Trev

Hi all, so I have a new Aura now, not the hybrid but the pen style. There doesn't seem to be a separate thread so I thought I'd post in here.

I'm still charging it and will do a couple of burn offs but just for the size, shape etc, so far I am pretty impressed. My concerns so far are that the mouthpiece could have a tendency to come off easily in a pocket or bag and the mouthpiece also seems to get quite hot. But apart from that it looks pretty solid. I have only ever used the Vapormax design from Flowermate (V5, Mini) so will be interesting to see how this one works. The pods are a great idea and fit in my Mini so I definitely want more of them!

Any current owners got any good tips for using the Aura? I found the Vapormax thread really helpful for that.

Trev,

coflycasr

Hi all, so I have a new Aura now, not the hybrid but the pen style. There doesn't seem to be a separate thread so I thought I'd post in here.

I'm still charging it and will do a couple of burn offs but just for the size, shape etc, so far I am pretty impressed. My concerns so far are that the mouthpiece could have a tendency to come off easily in a pocket or bag and the mouthpiece also seems to get quite hot. But apart from that it looks pretty solid. I have only ever used the Vapormax design from Flowermate (V5, Mini) so will be interesting to see how this one works. The pods are a great idea and fit in my Mini so I definitely want more of them!

Any current owners got any good tips for using the Aura? I found the Vapormax thread really helpful for that.
Hi yes the Aura pen is solid imo. I find the pods useless, so I would just pack directly in the chamber. As far as tips, the key is to draw slow. When I first received it I was drawing too hard. This made it get extremely hot in my lips. You want to slowly sip. If it gets hot on your lips, you are drawing too fast. Overall it provides great extraction. I usually run the first round at 380, second at 395 and third at 410. I would also suggest cleaning on a regular basis. When it gets dirty, the taste is not as good. The other thing I did is get rid of the screen in the mouthpiece and place another screen right above the load. I feel this is a needed improvement.

Last edited:

Trev

Hi yes the Aura pen is solid imo. I find the pods useless, so I would just pack directly in the chamber. As far as tips, the key is to draw slow. When I first received it I was drawing too hard. This made it get extremely hot in my lips. You want to slowly sip. If it gets hot on your lips, you are drawing too fast. Overall it provides great extraction. I usually run the first round at 380, second at 395 and third at 410. I would also suggest cleaning on a regular basis. When it gets dirty, the taste is not as good. The other thing I did is get rid of the screen in the mouthpiece and place another screen right above the load. I feel this is a needed improvement.
Great, thanks! It sounds similar to the Vapormax then, slow draws for the best results and interesting to hear you're using the screen on top of the load, that's what I do with all my Vapormax but I didn't think this would need it but I'll take your advice. As for cleaning, what are you using for that, iso?

Trev,

coflycasr

Great, thanks! It sounds similar to the Vapormax then, slow draws for the best results and interesting to hear you're using the screen on top of the load, that's what I do with all my Vapormax but I didn't think this would need it but I'll take your advice. As for cleaning, what are you using for that, iso?
Yep using ISO. Soak the cap in ISO and use a qtip to clean the chamber (with it turned upside down to avoid getting into electronics). You need some type of screen above the load. I would rather have one right on top of the load than on the mouthpiece. Do not use both as this would affect airflow.

coflycasr,
Reactions: Trev

Justpassedu

I got the pen Aura as well. My first FM. No vapor. It could be me but I feel like I don't like it. The mini pods are awesome but I think the vape cannot reach so hi temp to vape what's inside (or there's something else to make an FM operate that I'm missing). Today I got also a FM v5.0 pro mini, as well equipped with pods. We'll see if it's any better.

All I can say for now is that e-capple iv-1/iv1s basically sports the same oven with an ecig mod underneath for 60$ shipped. But they still have to be tested for % of faulty units and longevity (will they last at least 6 months as the warranty claims?).
This is the same except an higher price. Hope a better warranty. :)
One day one of these cheap vapes will be king, but it's taking a very long while. :D Innovation doesn't come so cheap but as smoke quitters any of these could be ok.
Also boundless vapes has the new Cf hybrid coming , they did a youtube video on it. It sports a herb chamber at 1 end and other is a ecig , looks really nice , i been using there other vapes and they work well and all have the same oven - http://www.boundlessvapes.com/product/cf-hybrid/

Justpassedu,

darthbane

Hi,

I am new to this forum. In fact I just registered because for the last days I was researching what Vaporizer to buy and for now the Flowermate Aura Hybrid claims first positon in my short list. I used a Whispr 2 Butan powered Vaporizer about a year ago. I was not satisfied with its vapor production, also there was no temperature control.
Nevertheless, I read a lot of controversary Information about this little device. This are some points that confused me a bit.

1. Some people stated that the oven chamber is not the same size as 5.0 mini (pro) models. Is this true? As far as I see the included wax/herb chambers are the same size as the 5.0 models. I guess the mini models only, or do minis and regular sized 5.0 models have the same sized oven?

2. About the mouthpiece. There is one picture from flowermateusa where you can see a mouthpiece very similar to the ones used in the mini series. But I dont know how they could be attached. As someone in this thread already wrote, the MP on the hybrid is attached, while the 5.0 series MP is screwed.

hybrid-2.jpg

This image is from flowermateusa.com. I have contacted their customer support about this topic. Here is my chat:

Thanks for your email. The new Hybrid is used the mouthpiece of Mini V5 and Mini V5 Pro. But now we did not release the product yet but will be very soon. We ae sorry if our information make you confused.
Please let us know if you have any questions. We are always here to help.
Best Regards
Mike

收件人: info@flowermateusa.com
主题: mouthpiece Flowermate Hybrid

Hello,
I have a question, regarding the flowermate Aura Hybrid. What kind of other mouthpiece can I
use with this model? One of your product pictures shows a mouthpiece simillar to the one
of the 5s/pro series. Thank you very much in advance!
Best regards

I did not got the answer, to be honest....

Greetings
darthbane

darthbane,

VaporSipper

The chamber of the Aura Hybrid and Mini Pro are the same size. The new version of the Aura Hybrid will use a glass mouthpiece like the Mini Pro, but this version isn't ready yet and not for sale. The current Aura Hybrid uses a flat swiveling mouthpiece that pops in the hole at the top, but this hole is not threaded on the current model, so it can't use the glass mouthpieces. Here are some good pictures of the current model: https://thevapor.institute/product/flowermate-aura-hybrid/

VaporSipper,

darthbane

Thanks for your reply. OK this could possibly be a deal changing info for me :) I guess there is no further information what other changes they made in the upcoming new version? It would not be very satisfying for me to buy the device now if an "upgraded" version is already in the queue.
Since I also switched to 510 e-cigarettes the hybrid would be perfect for me.

My idea: Buying the mini pro right now. Use my cheap 510 batterie / atomizer kombo further on. When te new hybrid comes out, sell the mini pro and buy the new hybrid instead. There would be a lot of money wasted with such an approach...

The other (possibly Off-Topic) thing is: I would go with the 5.0 mini pro in the first place and have two sperate "batteries" instead, if it were not for the bad battery in the mini pro. The normal sized device just lacks usb charging because of its two batteries where 5v will not suffice. Its a big tradeoff. There are rumors that the mini pro uses a Li-Po instead of Li-Ion, so current draw is theoretically higher, but overall lifespan is reduced due to ~ 300 charging cycles with a lipo, compared to max. ~1000 cycles of a Li-Ion.
Please correct me if this is wrong :)

EDIT: maybe the recent and upcoming Flowermate Aura Hybrid do deserve an own thread?

darthbane,

VaporSipper

I don't know for sure if there are any other changes being made to the AH, but I doubt it. My general view of vapes is that 99.9% of them are not "forever devices", you're going to break it, or outgrow it, or just want a change, so if you want a vape now, buy it now. If you wait for the upgrade or the next greatest, you'll be waiting forever. The current AH is a good vape for the price, especially at $109 from tVI, so get one now, and if you find that you need something new six months from now (and you will), get that. :)

VaporSipper,

darthbane

I will think one or two more days about it. Since I am all about the new Eleaf Pico batterie for my Atomizer, I startet thinking about a problem that I face often: Should I have two devices that result in a compromise or should I just have the classic way of one device for each job :)

My minium criteria for carriying both vaporizer and ejuice batterie is that both can be charge vie USB and at least one of it uses 18650 cells, optimum would be both so I if I could find a nice small temperature controlled vaporizer which is 18650 powered it would be perfect. Since I live in Germany me shipping options are somewhat limited and want to stick to devices available in EU only for warranty and shipping issues...

Difficult...Difficult.... :(

darthbane,

VaporSipper

Brand new version of the FM Aura Hybrid is now called the HybridX. Now includes a glass mouthpiece and a sub-ohm tank in the box. Its rated at 60W for the 510 port and can handle between 0.2Ω and 4.5Ω coils.

As far as I can tell, theVapor Institute is the only place you can get one at the moment:

https://thevapor.institute/product/flowermate-hybridx/

(Mods: This should probably be moved to the released forum as they're out and in stock.)

R1ZCS41.jpg

VaporSipper,

bobbartho

Hi all, am new here but this forum has been my number one source on vapes (next to reddit)

Okay so I'm really considering this one (the latest hybrid) or the mini pro as my first vape. As far as I can read from online sources, the only difference is that the hybrid can take a 510 threaded power port - and go to higher temps. Is this correct?

Also I'm having hard time finding any consistent info on the battery for the hybrid - one source says 1500 mAh the other 1000. Does anyone know the exact number? and if it differs from the first gen. The same goes for the mini pro (different vape i know, but thought i could still ask), conflicting info ranging between 1000-1800 mah?

What do you guys think mini pro or hybrid x?

bobbartho,

KeroZen

Chronic vapaholic
If you have a single vape, battery capacity is of prime importance. You don't want to be caught with the flashing red light or you might be tempted to combust again. This is why I recommend to have at least two electric vapes on a rotation (and possibly a flame/butane powered alternative backup)

The main drawback of the Mini Pro is unfortunately its battery capacity. They had to use a custom Li-Po cell to make room for the screen and controls, so it's not running on a classic 18650 like the Mini. The Mini in turn has a single cell when the FM5-S and FM5-Pro have two cells in series. The latter have not exactly twice the capacity (cells are not in parallel) but can get over 1h of use, where the Mini is more under 40 minutes, and the Mini Pro about 30 minutes.

I prefer the FM5-Pro because I enjoy low temperatures and the taste stays better for a longer time. But the FM5-S is the most braindead and easy to use, it's also cheaper to buy, so for a first vape it's not a bad idea.

For the Aura Hybrid I guess it depends whether you vape e-juice or not. There are better and cheaper mod boxes around, like the evic VTC mini which can output up to 75W and support TCR mode. I invite you to have a look at "the Project" thread over here to get a good example of what these mods can do when coupled with convection dry herb attachments (and getting the evic+the project could prove cheaper in the end, as well as allowing you to switch to e-juice attys easily)

Consider also the two vapes from Boundless called CF and CFX if I'm correct. I haven't tested them but they are getting some good reviews recently. Follow also the Puri5 Titanic2 thread, although it's way too soon to give a definitive verdict on that one... Last but not least there's another dual mode vape being released soon called the VapeDynamics Duo. Happy reading!

Meach

Seen a few reviews looks promising..I just quit analog cigarettes and am definitely part of the target audience for these 2 n 1 devices....great concept...boundless has one out similar

Meach,

bobbartho

Thanks for this very informative reply.
Got a bit spontaneous and had send back a fm hybrid 1st gen, which was advertised as 2nd gen. Looking at the box i had to triple check their website *where did it go wrong >.>...*

I don't expect that many occasions of using it over an hour continuous use, generally a chill sesh with friends and yeah I think I would prefer full control on the temp as well. Rather a steep learning curve that keeps me busy than something I'll figure out and get bored with in a couple months. But I see what youre saying, and indeed the whole reason for a vape (for me atleast) is the experience of different temps and quitting combustion. I'll take you up on your advice, keeping the the v5pro in mind, and Ive had a skim through the threads and are definitely something exciting and the Duo looks epiiiiiiic O.o holy..if only for the removable batt and size.

So i see my plate full, thanks for the reads, and happy vaping

bobbartho,

Justpassedu

If you have a single vape, battery capacity is of prime importance. You don't want to be caught with the flashing red light or you might be tempted to combust again. This is why I recommend to have at least two electric vapes on a rotation (and possibly a flame/butane powered alternative backup)

The main drawback of the Mini Pro is unfortunately its battery capacity. They had to use a custom Li-Po cell to make room for the screen and controls, so it's not running on a classic 18650 like the Mini. The Mini in turn has a single cell when the FM5-S and FM5-Pro have two cells in series. The latter have not exactly twice the capacity (cells are not in parallel) but can get over 1h of use, where the Mini is more under 40 minutes, and the Mini Pro about 30 minutes.

I prefer the FM5-Pro because I enjoy low temperatures and the taste stays better for a longer time. But the FM5-S is the most braindead and easy to use, it's also cheaper to buy, so for a first vape it's not a bad idea.

For the Aura Hybrid I guess it depends whether you vape e-juice or not. There are better and cheaper mod boxes around, like the evic VTC mini which can output up to 75W and support TCR mode. I invite you to have a look at "the Project" thread over here to get a good example of what these mods can do when coupled with convection dry herb attachments (and getting the evic+the project could prove cheaper in the end, as well as allowing you to switch to e-juice attys easily)

Consider also the two vapes from Boundless called CF and CFX if I'm correct. I haven't tested them but they are getting some good reviews recently. Follow also the Puri5 Titanic2 thread, although it's way too soon to give a definitive verdict on that one... Last but not least there's another dual mode vape being released soon called the VapeDynamics Duo. Happy reading!
Don't forget the hybrid boundless has also that has a herb chamber at one end and a 510 thread at the other , essentially a cf or cfx with a added end for 510 tanks .

Justpassedu,
Top Bottom