Auction to benefit our excellent mods - their Christmas present

Zee007

Wish I had money to participate, those pieces look awesome, and I love the idea behind this :tup:

Zee007,
Reactions: nigel

GeekyGodiva

Happy Hairy Herbal Faerie
Candy coated sunflower seeds??
Yeah, they look like the rainbow sun drops candies I used at my wedding, they are basically chocolate and candy coated sunflower seeds.

087_zps1719d85e.jpg

Hey, these have been in my freezer for more than 5 years, but they look identical. I wanted to weigh my cup and do math when the contest was first announced, but I couldn't find any scales. :( Lol They are very good candies, though.

085_zps5a0e4dfd.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Bouldorado

@PhotoRider

I'm not really trying to bid in this auction, but would still like to contribute to the mods/FC. As such, I have an eric ross breezeway I don't use anymore that you could add to this auction or the other contests.

14mm, 45 degree. Let me know if you're interested and I can ship it to you.

19sxqZx.jpg

Deadshort480

We're here to fuck shit up.
@PhotoRider

I'm not really trying to bid in this auction, but would still like to contribute to the mods/FC. As such, I have an eric ross breezeway I don't use anymore that you could add to this auction or the other contests.

19sxqZx.jpg

That's pretty awesome of you @Bouldorado!

Vicki

Herbal Alchemist
I have an extra 2 piece grinder that I would like to donate to the lot. I can also donate a Magic Flight Launch Box vaporizer, in maple. I know these items are not glass, but I really want to do this. As of right now, I am not in a position to donate due to my own medical bills, Veterinary bills, and Christmas. Please let me know if you're interested.

Deadshort480

I have an extra 2 piece grinder that I would like to donate to the lot. I can also donate a Magic Flight Launch Box vaporizer, in maple. I know these items are not glass, but I really want to do this. As of right now, I am not in a position to donate due to my own medical bills, Veterinary bills, and Christmas. Please let me know if you're interested.

Vicki, that is so generous. You should start a giveaway contest! I would love to see more members do giveaways on this forum. I belong to quite a few forums and there are constant giveaways from everyday regular members. It's such an amazing thing to do for the community and it makes you feel good.

Deadshort480

Whatever kind of contest you like. Coming up with a contest idea is fun times. Think about who would be eligible, how folks would enter, and how the winner(s) would be chosen. Just contact Vtac through a conversation and tell him what you would like to do. You can do it for the mods or you can do it for the members.

For the members, I feel a giveaway is easiest. Members enter and a winner is chosen by whatever method you decide. Very simple.

Doing something for the mods or the site is a bit tougher. Personally, I feel if something is being done for the mods or the site then it is going to have to do with $$, but I suppose a giveaway can be done with only mods as the eligible entrants.

I was thinking about doing a raffle of an item and having the proceeds go to Vtac, but it would take everyone paying extremely close attention to the rules and following them to a T.

I am so sorry for sidetracking this thread a bit.

Deadshort480,
Reactions: Vicki

Vicki

Herbal Alchemist
Perhaps the stuff I am donating could be a consolation prize to one of the members that entered this contest, but did not win. I can separate the stuff too, and more than one member could benefit. i.e.-one member gets the MFLB, and one member gets the stainless steel grinder. I'm just not sure how to go about doing that, though. @vtac @PhotoRider

Deadshort480

Maybe fourth place?

If the Grinder is actually stainless steel and not aluminum, I would be extremely interested to know where you picked it up.

Bouldorado

Perhaps the stuff I am donating could be a consolation prize to one of the members that entered this contest, but did not win. I can separate the stuff too, and more than one member could benefit. i.e.-one member gets the MFLB, and one member gets the stainless steel grinder. I'm just not sure how to go about doing that, though. @vtac @PhotoRider

It would be pretty easy to create a contest similar to photoriders; ie where a winner is chosen based on their numerical entry. I had the thought of doing a photo contest but this would a) exclude those without a camera and b) be difficult to judge ( I feel "likes" are often skewed towards those who enter first)

Vicki

Herbal Alchemist
If the Grinder is actually stainless steel and not aluminum, I would be extremely interested to know where you picked it up.

I actually got it here, won it in a contest. It's been a while, and I can't remember which vendor even did the contest.

PhotoRider

Diagnosed with level 11 G.A.S.
@PhotoRider

19sxqZx.jpg
Just throw it in to the winner :) Ship it to them to who ever wins :) the mods deserve it :)

@Vicki -great ide. Like Vtac said, PM him. He will explain just like he did to me. The secrete is to not allow google to answer the question :)

Also, a play-it-forward thread it good i.e. free to a good home... first come first serve. However, small contests are fun and interesting.

So we are @ $505 now - correct?

Last edited:
Top Bottom