• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Atrocious UK Drug Driving Laws

mlfbfan

Recently there was a new law introduced into the UK to combat drug driving. Police now carry saliva drug test kits and will drug test you if you are pulled over. They are meant to only test if you are under suspicion of being impaired due to drugs, but similarly with drink driving many county police forces will test everyone they stop as a general policy. Police do not need a reason to pull you over in the UK.

If you test for any level of any illegal substance you will get a minimum 12 month driving ban and permanent criminal record and at a maximum could have a £5000 fine and 5 years in prison.

Now I never drive high, I won't even vape the night before if I know I'll be driving the next day, so I will never be impaired. But will THC show up in a saliva test (at 24+hours) and mean I am at risk every time I drive? Would seriously consider having to stop vaping entirely because of this, or face the same conviction as someone 5 times over the drink drive limit and actually impaired from driving simple for having vaped a few days, weeks or months prior.

fbrinsley

franklin
here in southern arizona the police are all trained phlebotomists. if they suspect you of drug driving, they will take blood on the spot. it's up to the officers discretion. as a 40 something white male driving an audi wagon with booster seats and bike racks i hardly draw suspicions and i mind all traffic laws. i'm also recquired by law to present a concealed carry license if i posses, and for some reason, presenting that card, puts the officer at ease, i've only been ticketed twice in a decade. probably pulled over a dozen. i'm far more cautious when driving these days. haven't been pulled over in nearly 4 years touch wood.

Unconnected

Firstly i dont think you need to be that worried, We have had drug testing via saliva swabs here in Australia for quite a number of years, i drive everywhere and im always high, i have never once had a problem. The reason being is that these tests take a solid 15 mins to conduct, just for the simple indication saliva test, and then you must go and give another larger sample for sending to a lab, that takes another 15 mins.

For this reason the police here will only drug test you if your car literally has marijuana leafs painted on its bonnet, or your wearing a rasta outfit. I personally wear jeans and a collared shirt, and while often reaking of mairjuana and red eyes, i never have any issues, i guess they just look at me and think im just some respected young person.

So yeah my tip would be to just dress a bit more straight edge and you should be fine. We invented the RBT (breathtest) roadblock here in australia, sometimes our RBTs are so massive they look more like gestapo border control or something. I go through them very often and always stoned, i never have an issue, i put it down to dress sense. They are looking to target bud users, dont look like one and you will be fine. They wont just be doing it to everyone, it takes far too long to test people who are likely to give a negative result.

Also white vinger, keep a small bottle in your car, and wash it around your mouth then swallow as your are being pulled over. It works very well to fuck the test up and you will be ok.

EDIT:
Just so you know how important profiling is, me and my friends have literally been hotboxing our cars then hit an RBT 5 mins later and still no tests or comments in a car that used to be so full of pot smoke u couldnt see out.

Also another factor is police discretion, its well known that cannabis does not impact the driving of a heavy user, many officers know this, many simply dont agree with the law and will let you slide.

Last edited:

mlfbfan

here in southern arizona the police are all trained phlebotomists. if they suspect you of drug driving, they will take blood on the spot. it's up to the officers discretion. as a 40 something white male driving an audi wagon with booster seats and bike racks i hardly draw suspicions and i mind all traffic laws. i'm also recquired by law to present a concealed carry license if i posses, and for some reason, presenting that card, puts the officer at ease, i've only been ticketed twice in a decade. probably pulled over a dozen. i'm far more cautious when driving these days. haven't been pulled over in nearly 4 years touch wood.

Firstly i dont think you need to be that worried, We have had drug testing via saliva swabs here in Australia for quite a number of years, i drive everywhere and im always high, i have never once had a problem. The reason being is that these tests take a solid 15 mins to conduct, just for the simple indication saliva test, and then you must go and give another larger sample for sending to a lab, that takes another 15 mins.

For this reason the police here will only drug test you if your car literally has marijuana leafs painted on its bonnet, or your wearing a rasta outfit. I personally wear jeans and a collared shirt, and while often reaking of mairjuana and red eyes, i never have any issues, i guess they just look at me and think im just some respected young person.

So yeah my tip would be to just dress a bit more straight edge and you should be fine. We invented the RBT (breathtest) roadblock here in australia, sometimes our RBTs are so massive they look more like gestapo border control or something. I go through them very often and always stoned, i never have an issue, i put it down to dress sense. They are looking to target bud users, dont look like one and you will be fine. They wont just be doing it to everyone, it takes far too long to test people who are likely to give a negative result.

Also white vinger, keep a small bottle in your car, and wash it around your mouth then swallow as your are being pulled over. It works very well to fuck the test up and you will be ok.

EDIT:
Just so you know how important profiling is, me and my friends have literally been hotboxing our cars then hit an RBT 5 mins later and still no tests or comments in a car that used to be so full of pot smoke u couldnt see out.

Also another factor is police discretion, its well known that cannabis does not impact the driving of a heavy user, many officers know this, many simply dont agree with the law and will let you slide.

Good stuff thanks guys, I guess prevention is better than cure...

mlfbfan,

herbivore21

here is a link that just came up on my local news channels website:

http://www.kvoa.com/news/medical-marijuana-patients-not-protected-from-dui-laws/

I'm sorry, but what the fucking fuck? It is ok for people who use the same amount of herb for medical reasons to drive under the influence, but not for those who use the same thing recreationally? That is pretty absolutely unscientific. Whether you just love getting baked, or are getting baked for medical reasons, you are still baked. Also, the science shows that it is not that all people who are baked while driving will be dangerous, it is more those who are less frequent, non-daily users.

In Australia, we have the same testing (saliva) and have had for years. However, it is not something really carried out at random and I know one person who has ever been tested.

I really hope that countries can start consulting the scientific literature on this topic, rather than just winging it like they seem to be so far.

Top Bottom