AtmosRx Portable Vaporizer

Vapoberk

So, I bought an AtmosRX, and put some wax in it, and it seems to work fine. The internet says wax in an Atmos is fine. But Atmos insists it's just for herbs.

So what's the deal? Is it fine to use an AtmosRX with concentrates? Or is it going to break eventually? And should I use the glass screen with concentrates for any reason?

The AtmosRX seems to work better than the ruvaped pen for concentrates, but I wonder if more combustion occurs.

Vapoberk,

ReapsTwo

i have the rx and am using it with wax. it is great, just take out the spring
Just got one of these, they're pretty slick. Feels very solid. I'm going to be using exclusively for concentrates (mainly shatter) and am hoping I won't run into any problems. Any more people using these only for concentrates?

Also, probably a dumb question, but is this an "always on" vape? Is the power button always live?

ReapsTwo,

Bonehead

I have a atmos rx . I just picked up a o.pen vape cartid
ge told them I had a atmos unit threads are different do they make an adapter.....

Bonehead,

Bonehead

Hey Newbie here

I have atomos rx with herb chamber. What are my options refill my cartrige wax , bubble what works best.....
Thx

Bonehead,

bingers4all

So there is deal on this vaporizer on groupon right now. It's only $25. But now I think it's $25 for $50 on their website.

bingers4all,

edriko

I had an AtmosRaw that I used for about two weeks until the battery switch stopped working. I didn't pursue a return on it. It worked pretty good for dry herb but seemed kinda small for it. I got 1-1\2 - 2 puffs on it before reloading.

Two things I don't like about it; the 9-second shutoff on the battery - if the chamber didn't get hot enough before the battery shutoff, it would cool back down again before you could try again. Kinda spoiled the puff, and the battery uses a 710 thread which is almost exclusive to this chamber. You can buy replacement Atmos batteries, but that's it.

I now have an Ago G5 heating chamber and an ego-t 1100mah battery. The Ago chamber differs from the Atmos by using the widely common 510 thread. Since it fits all the ego batteries it opens up a huge selection of battery choices. You can now use variable voltage or have different sizes & spares, plus add other chambers, like a glass globe, to the same batteries. None of these batteries have the 9-second shutoff. Solved pretty much both my dislikes about the atmos.

I've used my ago-ego for about a week now exclusively with wax. I have not used dry in this chamber at all. The wax works really well, I like it. I pack the chamber and it lasts all day, and I can share it with my friends too without having to reload it each time. I can take a small (650mah) battery on it when I go out and it fits nicely in my pocket, or if I'm out on a weekend I can take a big powerhouse 1300mah battery that will last quite long.

I recommend this route if you're going use a portable pen vaporizer, buying the chamber and the battery separately. Typical battery size in the starter kits is 650mah and that's probably too small to start with, plus you gain nothing else but a pretty box.

I think the Ago battery in the starter kit has the 9-second shutoff. Don't buy the kit. You'll pay the same or less, with more options, if you buy the chamber/battery separately.

You'll probably want at least an 1100mah to start with. 1300mahs are getting cheaper now and the prices of chambers is dropping as well.

Last edited:

skayleef

Is this similar to the atmos optimis 510 vape pen?

I just got this vape pen (optimis) from the groupon deal as my first vape pen. I am wondering about the stock cartridge it comes with. Is this something that is reusable? Do I clean it after I switch oils? I don't really know any of the protocol not can i find a useful guide. I just want to know how to care and use my Optimus 510 effectively and efficiently any information would be helpful that isn't one of the short unhelpful reviews I found on Google. Thanks!

skayleef,

maggot226

I hate to necro an old thread, but I bought this pen for herb because my head shop guy steered me away from the white rhino trifecta (which is more expensive and that's why I trusted him). I bought it and packed it full of flower and got a good 5 hits out of it, and actually saw the vapor coming out. Smelled like vapor, everything. When I emptied the chamber, the herbs were browned like a normal Vape and not burned. However, I was not feeling the normal effects at all. The strain I had I am 100 percent sure that the strain is very strong so I was surprised because I was under the impression that vapes were supposed to work much better. I did take the spring out and am using the glass screen between the herb and heating coil. Any ideas?

maggot226,

Quetzalcoatl

DEADY GUERRERO/DIRT COBAIN/GEORGE KUSH
I was under the impression that vapes were supposed to work much better.
You're right, they do. The Atmos series are very poor vaporizers. I'm surprised it didn't actually burn your weed, first time I've heard of getting a good 5 hits out of it and it vaping.

Quetzalcoatl,
Reactions: 215z

215z

Welcome to the site @maggot226. Your independent review is the most positive I've seen involving flowers in the AtmosRX.

215z,

maggot226

Yeah, now that I really read the thread I can see that people aren't happy about it. However, I did just now put some crumbs from an earlier session, took out the spring, used the glass screen, and pressed the button for the full 9 seconds about 4 times, and I got a small but potent hit and am definitely feeling the effects. I must have been doing a combination of over packing and not heating the chamber long enough.

maggot226,
Reactions: 215z

maggot226

So, an update in case anyone actually cares about this. I tried this with some shatter and my experience was... fucking incredible, to say the least. Heats up hot enough in no time, no smell, and a powerful hit. This thing is great for concentrates, absolutely fantastic. I've read in some places that people have a hard time getting their ceramic chambers to last longer than a week, and I talked to the dude at my head shop and he said that the same thing happened to him UNTIL he used less. He said he had a bunch of wax for a concert, and he didn't want to deal with the container that he had it in so he just jammed it all in the chamber, and he said the thing shit out on him in a week. The key is to only use little bits, only enough for a session or two. Tiny dabs are the key, and your chambers will be golden for months.

Now I just need to find concentrates around here, moving to a new state is rough :tup:

maggot226,
Top Bottom