AtmosRaw

J D

I just tried my Omicron cart last night. What a difference. The Omicron carts seem to heat throughout except for only at the base where it connects to the heating element. And my rubber band is getting kind of lose.... =/

J D,

OF

I just tried my Omicron cart last night. What a difference. The Omicron carts seem to heat throughout except for only at the base where it connects to the heating element. And my rubber band is getting kind of lose.... =/

Glad to hear your voyage of discovery is hitting the traditional ports. Enjoy.

Kinda different than UTube, isn't it?

BTW, I assume you meant 'rubber button' above? Or are you coming all unraveled?

Thanks for the feedback.

OF

OF,

elpaso420

Smoke shop has one on close out for 100$ I may take the plunge.
Might want to make sure that they are a "authorized retailer" if not atmos wont cover you for 3 year warranty. So my experience so far are as follows.
-with honeycomb glass screen/spring in: slight combustion, very little to no vapor. Idk if im not priming enough, but I feel like I hold the whole 9 secs, then again 4-5 secs and start pulling I get that one slight hit of combustion and thats it, I continue to hold 4-5 secs and pull and get nothing. I feel like everytime I pull could be soft most of the herb just goes straight to the screen in the mouth piece
-with honeycomb glass screen/spring out: same thing really, nothing at all, again dont know if im priming probably but what I am doing is, holding down full 9 secs till shut off, then hold again 4-5 secs start to pull and nothing.
I tried making my own little screen to fit, like I had seen on youtube, from a local shop so I cut to try and fit but pushing it down I felt like I was scraping off all the ceramic from the heating chamber so I was gentle as possble, got it down the farthest I could and pack some herbs in, spring in, to make sure it was reaching down there, and nothing, little no vapor. spring out, same thing, herbs go pretty much straight to the little screen in the mouth piece.
-no screen: obviously some combustion, but even when it was combusted it was not crazy smoke
- no screen with some gunk/oil (dont judge me) straight on the coil from the volcano piece, that shit vaped amazing, tasted like all the diff strains that have passed through the volcano. unfortuneatly I do not have access or have made oil yet, so that was my best and only experience with actual vape from this thing.
with that said, I just received the vapir no2 mesh screens, and these seem to have a nice soup bowl/concave look to them so im hoping it just slaps right in there and I can use herbs as promised.
Anyone have any ideas on best way of getting/making oil outta of avb? or a mix of avb and fresh herb? or is that like a nono?

elpaso420,

OF

Anyone have any ideas on best way of getting/making oil outta of avb? or a mix of avb and fresh herb? or is that like a nono?

All that for such a question? Of course a lot of guys have looked into just this, here, for instance, the Brother has you covered on the topic in what might be the definitive test?

http://www.fuckcombustion.com/threads/abv-concentrate-experiment-what-method-is-best.4331/

No need to thank me now. Just send me a gram to try once you get it figured out?

OF

OF,

J D

Ok so you take two honeycomb screens and put some bho right right smack in between both those babys and make a honeycomb sandwich. Drop that in to your heating chamber and voila! (Yea the bho gets on on the cermaic a bit, but thats why i have 2 heating chambers.) Worx like a charm.

J D,

jambandphan03

in flavor country
I tried my honeycomb glass screen today. Sad to say, It took 3 times as long to get it to heat up, but still combusted the bottom half of the herb. The button got way too hot to press for very long, I tried to control the heat/air flow ratio, but it went from nothing to combusting even with the glass screen. :/ I did not use the spring. The top of the used herb was a nice toasted color, but as I dumped it out, it went from brown to black to ash. I think I am done trying to vaporize herb with the AR. I have a container full of evenly toasted ABV from my solo. I will stick to using the AR for my bubble/scissor hash. I ended up wrapping my button with clear tape, to keep it from stretching out of shape any more and breaking like the first one. A little janky, but if it keeps the button working...

jambandphan03,

J D

I guess it works different for everyone. I got some good vape hits with it and some combustion. Its hit or miss. But I think we have established by now that this thing is not for flowers unless your a smoker.

J D,

OF

I guess it works different for everyone. I got some good vape hits with it and some combustion. Its hit or miss. But I think we have established by now that this thing is not for flowers unless your a smoker.

Thanks JD, I think that about sums it up. A vaporizer that 'only' combusts sometimes is not a vaporizer as we define it. Most of us have VERY BAD reactions when this happens. Given the name of the Forum, I hold there is no further reason for us to consider this a vape for herbs. It's at best 'dangerous' to have around in that mode?

As a concentrate vaporizer it would seem to have some promise. The market seems to be being serviced by Omicron, Persei and the TV products for the most part. Recent and rumored changes make this a dynamic market, with expected new models from both makers 'changing the rules' in the area in the near future. They also have the advantage of purpose built designs they control (not modified products they don't). What part the Raw will end up playing in that will be fun to find out.

Thanks for the sincere test efforts, JD, and for passing those details on.

OF

OF,

kertong

*please delete me*
Thanks JD, I think that about sums it up. A vaporizer that 'only' combusts sometimes is not a vaporizer as we define it. Most of us have VERY BAD reactions when this happens. Given the name of the Forum, I hold there is no further reason for us to consider this a vape for herbs. It's at best 'dangerous' to have around in that mode?

Though I agree with everything you said OF, I must say that if we consider the MFLB a vape, we must also consider this RAW a vape. The MFLB sometimes combusts if the battery is held in too long, and in the same fashion, the atmos combusts if the power button is held in too long.

Like the MFLB, I spent some time getting to know the combustion points. With the screen fixed, it *does* vape, but holding the button too long, not drawing enough, etc, and really abusing it to get it hot, does cause combustion. It still returns uneven ABV (MFLB returns abv that's a notch more even), and it's a tad easier to combust in here than with the MFLB. But yeah, for $200 on this guy vs. $100 for the MFLB, it's obvious which to recommend - but technically, the atmosRAW does everything the MFLB does.. though the batteries last quite a bit longer in the RAW. :) But don't get me wrong, there's no ifs and buts about it - this is an overpriced and crappy (vape?).

kertong,

OF

Though I agree with everything you said OF, I must say that if we consider the MFLB a vape, we must also consider this RAW a vape. The MFLB sometimes combusts if the battery is held in too long, and in the same fashion, the atmos combusts if the power button is held in too long.

Good point, I should have been more clear. Certainly many popular vapes can be forced to combust, some don't even take much coaxing. The break point should be, IMO, RAW seems to be able to do it without warning to an experienced user paying attention. The key being that new users are sure to have problems.

You can vape with a broken light bulb and a candle. That's not why we're here.

I agree, there are many better vapes to recommend it seems.

OF

OF,
Reactions: ogcook
Ok so new on this site, NOT new with vapes. Wish I had stumbled upon this earlier as people seem to share my customer service issue with this company. I had some serious success with this product early on. Only after realizing that modifications were required to make it operate like it claims ( a "vaporizer"). I used a brass screen that i preburned and cut down to fit better. With a little practice i was producing quality vape.
After a little over a month my battery has completely failed and will last less than 1 session if it works at all. I get a yellowy orange light on my charger and I am curious if anyone else gets this yellow light? I have been told i cannot get a replacement battery from the headshop I bought it from. Have not tried to contact atmos again as the customer service is just unhelpful. As I am in Canada, they would like to charge me 35 dollars for shipping. So a new battery from them will cost almost half what I paid for the entire setup.

My opinion of the AR is that it is NOT worth the money spent. I spent almost 200 on this unit and after a month am looking @ replacing an 50 dollar part. (80 with shipping) The quality is obviously poor and so is the companys rep as far as i can see on this site.

greatwhitevape,
@jambandphan03: mine should be here any day too! can't wait. I did some googling though, and one reviewer got the glass screen - and said it was a no go, and did not work (no further details though). He said the wire mesh screen up to worked the best.. hmmmm.

Wire mesh screen works great just dont count on your battery lasting.

greatwhitevape,

OF

Sounding more and more like the only way to win this game is not to play?

Lucky for us there are options.....

OF

OF,

J D

Im having a blast with my honeycomb sandwiches.... Two honeycomb screens and a nice piece of my concentrate of choice smack in between those little glass screens. Drop it in and go.

J D,

elpaso420

Im having a blast with my honeycomb sandwiches.... Two honeycomb screens and a nice piece of my concentrate of choice smack in between those little glass screens. Drop it in and go.
I read that you were local down here/close to the atmos facility. you make your own concentrates or have access to them here? just curious. I need some in my life. Havent got the tools to make my own yet

elpaso420,

TheKeeper

Former Combuster
There's a new ultra portable vape on the market and it looks sleek and sexy!

I purchased the AtmosRAW and gave it a thorough testing as I really wanted it to work for me. This thing burns and doesn't vape. I contacted Atmos to inform them of this and they sent me a small piece of glass to put in the bottom of the chamber to prevent the herb from touching the heating element. It arrived broken and I'm certain wouldn't have worked anyways. I requested a couple of additional glass screens from the company but I didn't receive a reply. I tried every modification that I could think of (inserting multiple screen types & adjusting placement) and I just couldn't get this thing to properly vape. Hopefully, Atmos will make the proper modifications to future models as it should function properly right out of the box. In it's present state, it seems deceiving to call it a vaporizer - it should be called a portable smoking device. I returned the AtmosRAW.

TheKeeper,
Reactions: rufrothy

OF

Hopefully, Atmos will make the proper modifications to future models as it should function properly right out of the box. In it's present state, it seems deceiving to call it a vaporizer - it should be called a portable smoking device. I returned the AtmosRAW.

Sadly, your experience seems basically the same as everyone else who's 'gone the last mile' trying to get this guy to do what is claimed for it. It's inconceivable to me that none of their testers discovered this problem leading one to believe this essential step was not done or at least not properly. Couple that with the (to be charitable...) "inconsistent" response to customer problem and my confidence in the next product they offer is just not there right now. Someone I trust (with more posts than I have fingers at least and at least a few contributions to the collective effort under their belts) gives the thumbs up. I like (and use) my AtmosRX units but at this point can't recommend their products over the competition and don't think many here can?

I just hope until the smoke clears folks stumble on this thread and 'the low down truth' before wasting their bucks and raising their blood pressure rather than enjoying the herb like they planned.

Thanks, guys, you're protecting some good folks from similar grief by telling us of your trials. I'll standby on this one.

OF

OF,
Reactions: kertong
Ok so new on this site, NOT new with vapes. Wish I had stumbled upon this earlier as people seem to share my customer service issue with this company. I had some serious success with this product early on. Only after realizing that modifications were required to make it operate like it claims ( a "vaporizer"). I used a brass screen that i preburned and cut down to fit better. With a little practice i was producing quality vape.
After a little over a month my battery has completely failed and will last less than 1 session if it works at all. I get a yellowy orange light on my charger and I am curious if anyone else gets this yellow light? I have been told i cannot get a replacement battery from the headshop I bought it from. Have not tried to contact atmos again as the customer service is just unhelpful. As I am in Canada, they would like to charge me 35 dollars for shipping. So a new battery from them will cost almost half what I paid for the entire setup.

My opinion of the AR is that it is NOT worth the money spent. I spent almost 200 on this unit and after a month am looking @ replacing an 50 dollar part. (80 with shipping) The quality is obviously poor and so is the companys rep as far as i can see on this site.

So Ive contacted the shop i bought this piece from and hes got a returned unit that he will give me for $60 but im skeptical of this second battery. So my question is how is everyones battery lasting. im talking i cant even kill a chamber with the battery i have and is this second (complete setup) worth 60 bucks even?

PS Ive tried some concentrates in with no screen and BOOOM what a blast!!!! I think i will be using strictly for concentrates from now on. Just wish i had a dependable battery :(

greatwhitevape,

jambandphan03

in flavor country
I bought mine in Jan. and have been using it almost every day, some times several times a day for bubble hash. I usually end up charging my battery by the end of the day. I am noticing the run time is starting to diminish, and I have replaced the button once, and taped over the second button to keep it from stretching out and breaking. I have had mixed results putting the AR heat core on my omicron batteries. One of them works great, the other doesn't seem to match up exactly, and won't power the core. I don't want to mess up my omicron batts so I rarely use them for the AR core. I was looking into the AtmosRX battery which looks more like a standard Ego style with a hard plastic button. I don't know why the AR has this crappy rubber band button, when the company already has better ones in production. I wonder if the RX battery will work for the AR core. When I do need to replace the batt. I don't want another AR style battery.

jambandphan03,
I bought mine in Jan. and have been using it almost every day, some times several times a day for bubble hash. I usually end up charging my battery by the end of the day. I am noticing the run time is starting to diminish, and I have replaced the button once, and taped over the second button to keep it from stretching out and breaking. I have had mixed results putting the AR heat core on my omicron batteries. One of them works great, the other doesn't seem to match up exactly, and won't power the core. I don't want to mess up my omicron batts so I rarely use them for the AR core. I was looking into the AtmosRX battery which looks more like a standard Ego style with a hard plastic button. I don't know why the AR has this crappy rubber band button, when the company already has better ones in production. I wonder if the RX battery will work for the AR core. When I do need to replace the batt. I don't want another AR style battery.

So far the only issue with the button is I notice I have to press harder even after it clicks in. Im pretty careful with the button tho as it does twist and feel like its going to come off now that i have to jam my finger into it to make it go. But judging on my battery use for bubble hash it sounds like you have a pretty lame battery too. It takes no battery power to light up right on the element. When i do try to vape with it, its just too frustrating to lose power just as it heats up. When i first go mine the batt life was FOREVER just like the claims everywhere on their site. But after a week or 2 it was a couple draws and thats all. The waranty on the Atmos site will replace the battery and charger for $20 so im assuming all kinds of battery returns are happening and they are attempting to solve the problem. Just unlucky for me I was too blasted from all the BH to keep my receipt... loser lol. Anyway ill save the rest of my ranting for when i get my other setup and try out that battery with the ceramic chamber i have now. And ill have all the spare parts for when and if i need them!

greatwhitevape,

Dogman

Vaporist Extrordinair
I have been watching this thread from the beginning, as I had hoped that this would be a nice little vape and was hoping the problems would work themselves out with the help of the community. To say the least I am disappointed. The fact that all you guys have to keep spare parts laying around to keep your AR running is a real shame. I will admit the price is enticing, but how much will be spent in the next year in spare parts to keep it running? A new heating chamber every couple of months?

As OF stated, the name of this forum is a way of life for me. My friends think I am crazy because I will not smoke with them anymore, but to me, just the taste of the burn is disgusting. And I equally believe they are crazy (I should say uneducated, I have tried my very best to no avail) for not embracing the flavor and huge cash savings from vaporization. That being said, from all the comments on this thread, this sounds more like a smoke or vape tool, with no real distinctive adjustments to do either with any consistency.

The size is fantastic, but until they get the burn and the failing parts under control, I will spend my hard earned dollars somewhere else. For me, dependability and longevity along with great customer service is where it's at. I want my vaporizer to be able to perform day in and day out, without the worry of a switch going bad and leaving me high and dry while I am out.

$200 dollars is a lot to spend to be ignored by the customer service team, I would be pretty mad, and anger over something meant to soothe is ridiculous.

Dogman,

jambandphan03

in flavor country
$200 dollars is a lot to spend to be ignored by the customer service team, I would be pretty mad, and anger over something meant to soothe is ridiculous.

Exactly, I have had mixed results, they were good when it came to replacing the cheapest part (the button band) and sending me a tiny glass "screen", but when I had a clogged up chamber, not even a reply. Now my battery is getting weak and having to charge more often, so I am sure it won't be around much longer. Will they honor the warranty for my failing battery?? I doubt it, but I will try anyway after giving them $200, for parts I know are not worth more than maybe $20 at the most (put together). I have priced out e cig parts from MNF. in china many times in the past, and had full kits sent to me in small quantities for less than $20 ea. I know the battery price is around $6 ea in bulk or less if you buy thousands then it's lower... so there is no fooling me on this level. I just wish I could find another MNF that uses the same threading. My omicron battery fits, but doesn't always perform properly w/ the AR heat core, so I don't want to risk messing it up trying to use it this way. Sigh... lessons learned here folks. Make your own minds up, but this thread is here to help you see what we are dealing with. Some people LOVE it, and I think that's great, but the claims they make don't match the product performance.

jambandphan03,
Top Bottom