Atmos Thermo "W" Pen

Bluntcrush

Director of Vapor Research Labs™
bought 3 of these recently, to test them out... I had one of the three work awesomely! But wonky on the other two. This would be nice if they could get this format to be reliable. Of course my wife stole the only working one (and so far it is performing great). I did not see a thread on this but I feel there are several aspects to this device that could use some discussion...

Anyone else with experience on these?

Bluntcrush,

Bluntcrush

You mean that the carts burn out? Batts fail? Please extrapolate...
I finally got two of the three of these working. Apparently, you need to turn it on by clicking 5 times (not 3 as it says in the manual) The original was a three clicker. I Got two thee clickers and 1 5 clicker from Ebay for about $32.00 ea. (usd)

Looks like the problem might be with the carts (overloading them, or not a lot of QC)

Charging is wonky too. you have to look at the red LED very carefully to see it sometimes, when power is very low the LED is very dim red.

Bluntcrush,

Mynameismud

Accessory Maker
Accessory Maker
Carts seem to burn out after about 3 weeks of constant use. They also become really hard to keep clean after a couple weeks. Ive also had the batteries just lock up. They charge but then you hit the button and the light just stays light for a couple seconds and then flashes

I switched to the thermovape dart and the dabbler, havent looked back

Bluntcrush

I hear you...
I own a DART, a Cera with everything, the entire TET line up from day 1. I have not tried the Persei, The Omicron or the dabbler yet, but it is next on the list. I have all of my home and desktop needs filled, but a lightweight, reliable, portable wax thingy is what I need...

Thanks for your input!!

honestly the only reason I don't just use Dart all the time is that I do not have enough parts to keep it going (for both myself and my wife) Can't buy anymore t1 stuff, so I am onto the next so that we dont have to share all of the time (or worse yet, find out she already stole it and left for the day...):doh:

slowanimals

I bought this for my GF, and it was nice while it lasted. We used it for waxes and "crumble" oil, which took longer to get to vape point. The Atmos pen was powerful and gave mind blowing hits. However, we were hitting it a lot, and eventually the plastic cart got so hot, that it melted into the battery. Thus the couldnt get out the cart out. We still have the extra carts that it came with.

So we went to our LHS and bought one of the G Pen micros.We have owned the G Pen a few months now. We have gotten this thing considerably hot, but the plastic (or whatever the cartridge is made out of) can stand the heat pretty well so far. We are also a lot more careful now that the Atmos broke.

I must also say that the G pen micro is better because it has a better design in its cup, which is bigger and allows the oil slide into the pens' coil better IMO. The Atmos cup is 90 degrees vertical also has a cover on the cart which restricts a whole bunch of air flow (but better stealth wise), but I guess you can take it off and not use it. I also think I got a better value by buying the G pen, which was basically 2 pens for $100 + tax, got some glass jars, dabber + "G" keychain, mouth covers, and charger. The Atmos was 70 shipped, with an extra cart and charger.

Just my opinion from using this certain style pen. I also like the cloud pen a lot, which also has a similar design to both of these vape pens.

Bluntcrush

Carts seem to burn out after about 3 weeks of constant use. They also become really hard to keep clean after a couple weeks. Ive also had the batteries just lock up. They charge but then you hit the button and the light just stays light for a couple seconds and then flashes

I switched to the thermovape dart and the dabbler, havent looked back

I stocked up on a few of these carts on eBay cheap enough in qty. THe new ones (and these fit a bunch of these same style pens) have a deeper bowl and a mesh screen to elevate the oil from the heat source a little. It seems to work better for those that really like to honk on the button...

The wife loves 'em! They are perfect for someone who needs an occasional few hits of wax...as long as you don't abuse 'em!

Bluntcrush,

tony yayo

First one I had didn't shut off after taking a hit and melted the connection between the atty and battery. 2 weeks and 40 bucks later I got my "warranty" replacement. I think I paid 60 for the whole thing originally. Oil gets everywhere on the inside of the mouthpiece and then I have problems putting it on and off because it sticks or something. After using the replacement for a week I did an ISO bath and it took almost a week of being able to warm up the coil without something sparking out of it! So needless to say, that was a whole week I couldn't use it. I really love the size and the form factor is absolutely perfect. Unfortunately the atty seems to be made with a lot of plastic and is just not sturdy enough. I hear the Clouds attys are built tougher and supposed to work better. Think that might be my next purchase since I already have other spare parts but I'm being tempted by the Dabbler!

tony yayo,

Bluntcrush

The atomizers and batteries are interchangeable on the Atmos W, The Cloud Pen, G-Pen Mini, Hot Lips, Sutra, and I bet about 6 other names :cool: I have seen 3 generations of this pen in the last two years and they are all about the same. Good news is they are starting to be more reliable. :nod:

I would not ISO wash them like other 510 attys. :myday: I think the trick here is to not overload them, and try to learn the two second hit rule: "If the tank has any wax or oil left, holding the button down for two seconds before you inhale works pretty well. If you start your inhale after the two second button hold with a slower draw, and then build up speed until about a 6 count. (thats about it because the batt is now overheating) Then release the button and clear whatever vapor is left in the mp chamber. :whoa:

I have also heard that The Vapor Bros Dabbler is a pretty reliable pen...Only time will tell! :science: BC

Bluntcrush,
Reactions: tony yayo

slowanimals

I tried to put on an atmos cart on the G pen and it did not work for me, which is why I haven't used them yet. Considering selling them on here because I don't know anybody that has an Atmos near me.

slowanimals,

Bluntcrush

I tried to put on an atmos cart on the G pen and it did not work for me, which is why I haven't used them yet.
Interesting! Do you have a little clear droplet shaped window on the Atmos mp? This is version 1. It could be that those carts (which are smaller volume, with a metal tank cap) will not fit on a G-Pen Mini (I haven't tried that) but The new Atmos pens do not have the "window" and come with an extra cart in the pack. They are compatible. I have owned both V.1 and V.2 (There have been 3 versions of carts) so that could be why.

Good luck, I hope you get it sorted.
:peace:

Bluntcrush,

Mynameismud

Accessory Maker
Accessory Maker
I think they are talking about the regular gpen/atmos cartirdges which are not compatable and require an adater. I could be wrong though

Bluntcrush

I figured that out too,and that is why I edited my post to include the word"mini". THese will not fit an a standard GPen. (which btw, I think are terrible)

Bluntcrush,

Mynameismud

Accessory Maker
Accessory Maker
I figured that out too,and that is why I edited my post to include the word"mini". THese will not fit an a standard GPen. (which btw, I think are terrible)
The standard Gpen with the new Gcoil is decent, but its basically a microG coil on the G pen battery...and at that point your probably better off going with a dabbler for cheaper and better customer service

Bluntcrush

Good to know. The GPen's that I tried (with glass tank) sucked donkey balls. :puke:

Bluntcrush,

slowanimals

Interesting! Do you have a little clear droplet shaped window on the Atmos mp? This is version 1. It could be that those carts (which are smaller volume, with a metal tank cap) will not fit on a G-Pen Mini (I haven't tried that) but The new Atmos pens do not have the "window" and come with an extra cart in the pack. They are compatible. I have owned both V.1 and V.2 (There have been 3 versions of carts) so that could be why.

Good luck, I hope you get it sorted.
:peace:
Yeah that explains it! haha it did have the window. That's awesome to know that the micro carts are fairly compatible now

Last edited:
slowanimals,

martingale

There are sellers on places like ebay and ioffer peddling counterfeit Atmos Thermo W vape pens. You can tell they are not real by both the price and/or the image. For example,

$T2eC16J,!ykE9s7tw!7KBSG82DItt!~~60_35.JPG

is not the same as what is shown on the official atmos website:

Thermo_W_Kit___B_50d0d12dec2a4.png

Be careful of scammers. If something looks too good to be true, it probably is. Counterfeit Chinese goods are well saturated throughout all online marketplaces.

Perhaps i should create a thread?

martingale,

brandy_smokersdepot

Enthusiast of Stuff & Things
Retailer
So I was looking at this thread trying to figure out what happened to the Atmos Thermo pen. It's been selling well at my store for the past six months and then recently, we started getting these junkier versions that many of my customers have complained about. They look like the 1st picture posted as opposed to the second (which is what we were getting before).

After I saw your post, martingale, I called Atmos directly. It turns out that Atmos DID change their product. The version on their website is the first generation model Thermo W and the second picture above. The newest version, they changed the atomizer, the light for the button, and they got rid of the window on the cover.

The rep I spoke to said they changed so much of it to prevent it from overheating, but I had a lot of happy customers.

Thanks for all the info, folks. :)

Last edited:
brandy_smokersdepot,

DSimoneS28

Has anyone had ANY luck getting the Atmos RX pen to work?? I just bought the green limited version and i can't get ANY vapor. HELP!

DSimoneS28,

keifmaker

Pax Ploom - Zmax mini- Thermo W
i got one from a local head shop and its in the w box its got the ceramic wax coil and everything but the only difference is the mouthpeice doesnt have a clear spot like on the website... everything else is legit. did i just get a older atmos vape pen with the newer attachment?

keifmaker,
Top Bottom