• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Athlete Vaporists?

Vapinghole

Low-Temp Hempist / JedHI Master
Even if you Co does replace oxygen in the body after vaping, your body will if vaped constantly before exercise increase the red blood cell count to make up for the lack of oxygen. Even if this is speaking strictly technical, it makes perfect sense. Why use an altitude chamber or climb 6000 feet? All you need is to vape before some exercise to achieve somewhat the same results. Doesn't this make sense to anyone? Correct me if i'm wrong.

Man, that sounds great. I'm too stupid to know if that makes sense or to correct you, but it sounds very technical, smart, and beyond my mental capacity at this point because I'm vaped off my ass. :freak:

However, it would be great if you're correct. :tup:

I currently play soccer few times a week now that it is summer and am a hopeful of going D1 due to current talks i am having with colleges but i am buying the inhalater INH004 and am really hoping that will help with my lung Capacity, I smoke atleast once a day and once school starts up again i will be swamped with soccer every day, Love Mary Jane but not hacking up a lung when getting my dangle skills on :lol:, So do you guys think vaping is really that much of a improvement?

TJM Vaping,

vapirtoo

Yes , big time, from my experience and others who train, once you stop combusting; you
stop putting carbon monoxide into your blood steam thereby allowing your red blood cells
to carry more oxygen rather than being saddled with carbon.

But, just to be a pain in the ass, wouldn't you be a stronger player if you vaped only on
weekends. I mean, wow D1 soccer, I would be busting my ass to make that happen...
dorms, chicks, relative freedom from parents...I digress. Yes vaping would be way better.

Hey Nucleo I think you are confusing combusting for vaping, if you combust and then stop
you may have an increased red blood cell count as in high altitude training, but not
with vaping. There is a phase change due to heat not burning hence no CO..

vapirtoo,
Thanks vapirtoo i apperciate the info,
And to the vaping on the weekends, Not to sound like a cocky bastard but really only bad part of my game is endurance but hopefully vaping will help that and you might say just do it on the weekends, My knees and ankle get painfully sore after soccer ( which is due to me almost ripping my ligament off of the growth plate in my foot and my kees are just beaten from the years of ware)which every day so the only way to stop having the constant soreness is by bud it helps alot and helps me be more creative with my moves and my calm thinking when infront of the net.

vapirtoo

Cool TJM the vaping will definitely moderate the pain and may also increase
your aerobic capacity. I like that you feel that herb gives you an edge in the
game. Work hard and smart!

Kommyknocker

the only way to stop having the constant soreness is by bud it helps alot and helps me be more creative with my moves and my calm thinking when infront of the net.
Couldn't agree more.. I mentioned pretty much the same thing earlier in the thread. I'm a Muay Thai fighter so bud defo helps to ease pain from training knocks and bruises and for sure helps you be more creative in almost everything in life.
Vape is just kinder on the lungs and rarely any weed hangover in any way shape or form.

I feel so much more calm when i play now compared to before my herb using which started a year ago yesterday:tup: but being calm in soccer is greatly needed instead of forcing the ball when really just gotta take time to look for options on what to do next. But also helps my school coach > Huge stoner, he would come to every practice blood shot eyes and sunglasses, bucket hat, sandals, and a pepsi to keep that cotton mouth at bay

Vapinghole

I feel so much more calm when i play now compared to before my herb using which started a year ago yesterday:tup: but being calm in soccer is greatly needed instead of forcing the ball when really just gotta take time to look for options on what to do next. But also helps my school coach > Huge stoner, he would come to every practice blood shot eyes and sunglasses, bucket hat, sandals, and a pepsi to keep that cotton mouth at bay

Very cool, TJM. I agree calmness is essential to good decisions/strong finishes. I'm a huge soccer/footy nut. I've played most of my life--since 1979. I'm also very keen on endurance sports (triathlons and such). Vaporizing has helped me quite a bit in that regard. I bet you'll notice a difference. Good luck to you! Keep us posted.

Vapinghole,

BlazedRunner

run high
I'm a runner and new to FC. I typically run about 50 mpw. I really do enjoy vaping and going out for an easy 10 miles or so. I use a HR monitor and I have noticed my heart rate is about 10 beats higher when I'm high, which is significant. I think if I were to run hard then the increased heart rate might be a problem, so I limit my vaped running to my easy runs. It's great motivation to keep my easy miles easy, and more enjoyable that way.

I'd like to think it makes me less injury prone. It allows me to be contented running slower, and I also feel more aware of my body. I'm more in the moment and the experience of the repetetive motion. I can focus more on things happening at the moment, like muscles tighening and small pains developing and can adjust to them. I feel kind of I'm at the controls of a machine when I run high. A little bit detached but aware and in control. I'm curious about how the physiological effects affect my training though; most notably the decreased blood pressure and increased heart rate.

lwien

I run with an HRM as well.

While I have never run high, I do notice that as the ambient temperature rises, so does my heart rate, which makes perfect sense but the increased heart rate is not tied into perceived exertion. It's called "HR creep", but be that as it may, I still will not let my HR go above my target HR, regardless what the outside temp is nor will I pull back if my HR is not at target, even if I feel that I am REALLY working hard at it.

For me, if I did run vaped, I would apply the same techniques.

When you run vaped, do you feel that you are working just as hard at a given HR as when you are not vaped?

Here's what I'm curious about. For the first few miles, my HR is lower (below target), than my exertion level (really huffin' and puffin' but HR is low), but by mile 3, my HR rises to target while my exertion level decreases. Wonder why that is? It would seem that my HR should tie into my exertion level, regardless what mile I am at.

lwien,

llama1892

Aaron Rodgers Afficianado
Just wanted to share my experience here as I have been lurking over the thread.

I have been playing ice hockey for about 13 years (I'm only 18) and have gotten close to going places competitively. I had to stop playing competitively a couple of years ago because of money issues and have been playing pick-up and highschool hockey since. Well last week after reading this thread I decided to give it a try in a pick up session at the local rink. ;)

I had no idea what to expect because I have always taken hockey very seriously and have never even thought of vaping before playing. Well about 40 minutes before it started I decided to make use of my MFLB.

The experience was pretty incredible. I was REALLY focused while playing. I was doing things I can't normally do and doing pretty well at it. It was SOOO much fun that I think I will have to make it a regular thing. I did notice that I was not short of breath? But I didn't have the endurance I usually have while playing. It was still fun as hell though!

I just thought I would share my own experience with all you other athlete vaporists!

(hopefully I will get my PAX before tomorrow's ice time :bowdown:)

Happy vaping everyone!:)

Vapinghole

Thanks for sharing! I'm glad you contributed and benefitted from this thread.

I have the Pax (using it as I type)...it's awesome.

Happy Vaping!

Vapinghole,

BlazedRunner

run high
When you run vaped, do you feel that you are working just as hard at a given HR as when you are not vaped?

Here's what I'm curious about. For the first few miles, my HR is lower (below target), than my exertion level (really huffin' and puffin' but HR is low), but by mile 3, my HR rises to target while my exertion level decreases. Wonder why that is? It would seem that my HR should tie into my exertion level, regardless what mile I am at.

This is a tough call because the feeling of exertion is different. It can feel like work but it's almost as if someone else is doing the work. I do get a slight sense of laziness, or sluggishness but I'm not necessarily running any slower than I would normally. My vaped runs have all been easy runs, at a pace that would not feel exhausting for me eiither way. My heart rate is consistently higher, but not high enough for me to say that I should be getting exhausted.

For example, easy running for me corresponds to 130-140 bpm (after I'm warmed up) in a non vaped state. If I run at that same pace (effort level is hard to compare due to the high) while moderately vaped, I'll be registering 140-150 bpm, which is still well inside the aerobic range for me. My LT is about 163, so I don't really start feeling labored breathing until my heart rate is up there. But I never get there on an easy run, vaped or not unless I run up a hill. I'll do some more testing and get back to you.

Jurassic

Oh man do I miss snowboarding ripped! I'm too old and broken now lol Talk about "in the zone though". I've tried it with other sports with varying successes. Sometimes it's great, sometimes not so much.

These days I tend to do all that stuff sober, just for a clearer mind.

Jurassic,

Steele Concept

Transformer Tubes
Manufacturer
Oh man do I miss snowboarding ripped! I'm too old and broken now lol Talk about "in the zone though". I've tried it with other sports with varying successes. Sometimes it's great, sometimes not so much.

These days I tend to do all that stuff sober, just for a clearer mind.

All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy ;). Naw, I completely agree with you Jurassic, work hard then play hard.

Steele Concept,
Reactions: Jurassic

vapirtoo

Lwien, Kudos for running consistently. Exertion is a "percieved" sensation and not really
quantifiable. Your heart rate is being measured and after 2 miles the HR increases but
the pace seems easier. Could be your endorphins flooding your bloodsteam making you
feel good. It could also be your muscles getting nice and warm and falling into a
comfortable pace.

I'm embarrased to say that as a track coach I haven't used HRs very much, but I did hear
an elite runner say how they hated the HRs because what they thought was a killer work-
out turned out to be under their target rate.

Running while vaped should make you focus on your footstrike, breathing and posture.
It should also make it more enjoyable.

vapirtoo,

Jurassic

I tried using HRM's and for me personally IMHO it was a waste of money. I'm quite mindful of my body and exertion and know what different levels are supposed to feel like. I can just tell by my feeling of exertion, breath, etc. and I always am just mindful and listen to my body. I'm a huge fan of intervals and Peak 8 training especially uphill or on a treadmill. Personally I get alot of my cardio out of weight training, and feel that doing squats is more cardio than cardio!

I agree that vaping makes running and alot of things more enjoyable, I just think it's better if you already have a tolerance. Without tolerance, I feel it can be "too much". Just my 2 grams :)

Jurassic,
Reactions: vapirtoo

lwien

Lwien, Kudos for running consistently. Exertion is a "percieved" sensation and not really
quantifiable. Your heart rate is being measured and after 2 miles the HR increases but
the pace seems easier. Could be your endorphins flooding your bloodsteam making you
feel good. It could also be your muscles getting nice and warm and falling into a
comfortable pace.

The exertion that I mentioned isn't based on perceived muscle fatigue or a sense of well being from endorphines, but rather it's strictly based upon breathing. Early in my run, I am huffin' and puffin' a LOT. But then, after the 2 mile mark, by breathing eases up, but my heart rate rises to where I want it. Happens every damn time. I've been chalking it up to my body trying to get enough oxygen in my blood to feed my muscles and my lungs are really working hard to do that until things warm up. Don't know, but I've always been this way.

I remember one time I had a stress test on a treadmill and near the end, the Doctor said, "That's weird", which kinda got my attention. Being that my HR was maxed out, I breathlessy said, "Huh? What's weird?", to which he replied that 10 seconds after my heart rate leveled out at max, it actually started to slow down while keeping the same pace and level on the treadmill. Wonder if that has anything to do with what I mentioned above.

I tried using HRM's and for me personally IMHO it was a waste of money. I'm quite mindful of my body and exertion and know what different levels are supposed to feel like. I can just tell by my feeling of exertion, breath, etc. and I always am just mindful and listen to my body.

For me, at 68 years old, running while carrying 220 lbs with me, I figure it's better to be safe than sorry, therefore, an HRM makes a lot of sense to me right now. Also, on hot days, like yesterday when I was running in 90 degree heat, there's no way in hell that I could guess my heart rate being that at those temps, my HR increases by about 5 bpm above normal, and even though my exertion level may feel low, my HR could definitely be too high. Harder to tie in exertion level and HR when running in those higher temps.

For me, an HRM is just a tool, to help me work hard when I need to and slow down when I need to. Kinda like having a training coach along for the ride. Some may call it a crutch, but it is one that I welcome along the way.

Could I run without one? Sure, but I'd just feel a little less secure not having one, and therefore, may, especially on cooler days, undertrain or on warmer days, overtrain. But.........there are a LOT of people out there who never use one and do just fine.

lwien,

vapirtoo

Hey, if this tool keeps you on the road and off the couch then
keep using that crutch! I wish I had your discipline.

vapirtoo,

lwien

Hey, if this tool keeps you on the road and off the couch then
keep using that crutch! I wish I had your discipline.

It's not discipline anymore. It's a habit now, kinda like brushing my teeth, but unlike brushing my teeth, I really enjoy it. I enjoy the sweat, enjoy the challenge, enjoy watching my times go down or my distance go up.

Oh, and one other really important thing. About 35 years ago, I was diagnosed with clinical depression. It got so bad that I contemplated suicide. Kinda runs in the family. These bouts of depression come and go with about a 5 to 10 year span between them. I was in the VA mental ward for about a month the first time around and the next times, I was on suicide watch for a few days each time. They put me on a few different drugs, from Prozac, to Wellbrutin, to Lithium, etc etc etc. None of them really worked. All they did was make me really tired. The ONLY thing that worked and worked REALLY well and worked immediately was exercise.

I've been running for a long time, but not consistently. I'd run for a few years than stop for a year and then start up again. The only time that those bouts of depression happened was when I wasn't running.
This round though, I've been at it for 7 years straight.

So, beside the physical health aspects of it, and the fun of it, the mental benefits have LITERALLY been a lifesaver.

Recently read an article where they did a study on aerobic exercise versus anti-depressants to treat depression and they found that those that just exercised had the same level of improvement as those that took anti-depressants, but without the side affects of anti-depressants. Documented by Harvard Medical as well as other well respected publications within the medical community.

lwien,

Jurassic

Lwien, I totally empathize as i've done research in this area. Although i'm not prone to depression (it happened when I won a lottery and lost the ticket, not literally but might as well have been), everything points to exercise being even MORE effective than anti-depressants. I think anti's are a one way ticket, and it's funny how they usually worsen what they are meant to cure. I lost a good friend to suicide because of them back in university (hung himself in his dorm room), although I think it may have started with different drugs like E. Another one killed is mom with an axe and ended up in the looney bin. Exercise can sure make you feel good, and alive.

I achieve great pleasure both physically and mentally from hot yoga (like you lwien, I like to sweat daily if possible), weight training, and running (sprinting/ moderate distance, hills, repeats, and trail running). I've completely leaned on all said activities even more since my T-break.

I also think being active helps us with the vaping...either utilize it better or prevent tolerance as quickly.

Now if I could only stop sweating at night :(

Jurassic,
Top Bottom