1. What does SSTB mean? See our glossary of acronyms.
    Dismiss Notice

Athlete Vaporists?

Discussion in 'Vaporization Discussion' started by Vapinghole, Apr 24, 2012.

1. Hippie Dickie

Hippie Dickie The Herbal Cube Manufacturer

well, my Nordic Track just tore up ... so i ordered my 5th machine - seems i can only get 7 years use from one. on sale now for $400 off.

going to get into yoga and calisthenics for the 10 days of down time while waiting for delivery.

2. Alfred H

Alfred H New Member

I've been getting ripped on my Milaana and going for long swims, it's done wonders for my endurance, where as before I was counting the laps, now I'm just going for it, swimming a couple of miles a week now.

3. HellsWindStaff

HellsWindStaff Dharma Initiate

I miss swimming

I was out of town, then had the flu, finally getting back into the swing of things this last week. Endurance was a bit shot but other than that not to shabby

4. Hippie Dickie

Hippie Dickie The Herbal Cube Manufacturer

oh, i'm breathless and giddy ... my new Nordic Track Pro has arrived! i hadn't even decided on the yoga channel to start using (sometimes i take a while deciding), but problem solved!!!

His_Highness likes this.
  5. His_Highness

His_Highness In the land of the blind, the one-eyed man is king

CONGRATS!

Hippie Dickie likes this.
  6. KayaIndica

KayaIndica Active Member

Not a professional athlete,but I run on a regular basis. Up to 50 km per week. The perfect combination to weed ☮

7. mccringleberry

mccringleberry Well-Known Member

damn. A 10K five times a week? I do like 5k once a week

His_Highness likes this.
  8. KayaIndica

KayaIndica Active Member

Yeah. Up to. I would say the general mileage is around 30-35k.

His_Highness likes this.
  9. Stu

Stu Maconheiro Staff Member

How can you use a term like "mileage" when you are talking about those funny "k" measurements? :hmm:

:peace:

10. KayaIndica

KayaIndica Active Member

I'm just stoned and not familiar with miles at all. Sorry, I'm used to the metric system. 30-35 km = 3-3.5 mil here in Sweden. Note that it says mil and not mile.

11. mccringleberry

Thats really up there. I ran a 10k once in my life (a few months ago) and my joints were killing me 3/4ths of the way through it.

His_Highness and steama like this.
  12. Stu

Stu Maconheiro Staff Member

Oh, never mind me. I was just being silly because I, too am stoned. ;)

:peace:

His_Highness, KayaIndica and steama like this.
  13. steama

steama Well-Known Member

I used to be very athletic until my Achilles tendon snapped. I heard it break! Now it always feels like both could snap at any moment whenever I exert myself. It happened a few years ago bounding up a flight of stairs. Yep, I have never been the same.

:\

Last edited: Dec 30, 2017
    C No Ego and His_Highness like this.
  14. Diggy Smalls

Diggy Smalls Tom Cruises

I've got a close friend who does weight lifting and even does competitions where he rocks his age division. Anyway, he started vaping after I sold him an LSV for fresh eggs and now he Vapes when training. He would do it for competing, too, but obviously it's not allowed.

He tells me it gives him a very distinct advantage. It helps him focus mentally in a way he can't normally do so easily. It gives him positive thoughts and relaxes nerves, too. He doesn't need a lot, either.

Squiby and His_Highness like this.
  15. His_Highness

I went off the rails at Thanksgiving and haven't gotten back on yet. Happens every few years and I don't fight it.

Stopped running and strength training and gave the middle finger to my usual chicken breast, whole wheat bread and veggies. Replaced the exercise with chocolate, crusty bread, red meat, honey baked ham, video games, cookies, ice cream, smoked pulled pork, pizza, red beans and rice and so much more.

Whenever I fall off the exercise wagon during the holidays this way it's the new year and my annual 15K race, (Gate River Run), that gets me back on track. Been running this race every year for 15 years straight and I use that race to gauge my overall health as I age. If the day ever comes that I can't train for it or can't finish that race I know something is seriously wrong and it's time to hit up the doctor. If I'm not already in shape training MUST start on New Years day if I want to enjoy the race on 3/10. Basically 10 weeks.

Loaded up some new running music yesterday, will eat everything bad that's left by the end of today (or throw it out) and get that first 5k in tomorrow.

In case anyone else is interested in starting a running program or wants to fine tune one, the following is my favorite web site. Plenty of running insights for the novice on up including FREE downloadable training programs.

http://www.halhigdon.com/

16. KayaIndica

KayaIndica Active Member

Running us such a great medicine and means to reach a meditative state. The rush of endorphins in the shower after a 10k run is something else. Combining that rush with a puff on the vape while you munch away on something for recovery. Just gotta do the math, it's good for you ☮

17. His_Highness

Ran three 5k's this week as I get back into the swing. Mon., Wed., Fri. Unfortunately Florida got hit with freezing temps so I've been using the "Dreadmill". I hate the treadmill compared to road running. Temps are supposed to get back to normal this week though. One of my favorite times of year to run. Sunny and cold......but not freezing.

18. Polarbearboy

Polarbearboy Tokin' Away Since 1968

I'm an outdoorsperson who loves to get ripped before and during vigorous exercise. In fact, I typically only get stoned during the day time if I am headed out on my bike, xc skis, snowshoes or mountain hiking. I live in the mountains and my second home is in remote northern coastal Canada. I've done many ascents, particularly winter ascents, stoned out of my gourd. On my bike, I pedal up the fairly steep mountain notches, stopping only for a vape toke or two. Now its ski season and I head out to the world-class xc facility nearby, with my vape in an insulated case. I've already clocked 15 days on xc skiing this season and four full days this week. On the last day I took one toke and then skied in the slickest glidingest tracks of the year. Then off to the local microbrew for a fabulous lunch-sized portion of their own smoky ribs. Then back to the xc touring center with its over 100k of trails. Took the Crafty with me, the glide was amazing, I'm in decent condition, and so for the first time in my life I imagined that I was a real athlete!

I feel so much better since I started vaping two plus years ago vrs. joints and pipes. I genuinely wonder if this is one of the reasons I'm making so much progress in my athleticism.

19. Vapinghole

Vapinghole Low-Temp Hempist / JedHI Master

Right on, my friend! Good to have you here. Vape on! :rockon:

His_Highness likes this.
  20. syrupy

syrupy Authorized Buyer

A couple of dabs before squatting or deadlifting feels wonderful.

Vapinghole and His_Highness like this.
  21. mccringleberry

[​IMG] staples

Last edited: Feb 8, 2018
  22. Helios

Helios Well-Known Member

My buddy and I Were up in Killington VT recently rippin on the shlopes, nothing like a few vapcap rips on the lift, I love skiing with a lil buzz, the clean Mountain air and some tunes nothing else matters at that moment.

mixchu69 and His_Highness like this.
  23. deadlytoaster

deadlytoaster Canadian lost in Denmark

Wow a 6 year old post, figured I might as well join!

Vaping is like a second hobby beside music production to me! In day stuff I play football (soccer) here in Denmark at the professional level. I've played in Brazil, Portugal, the Netherlands and in Denmark.

Smoking would destroy my lungs and vaping while going for a daily run is great! Or getting a little baked at low temp before a gym session! Couldn't do this if I were smoking. I do about 10 sessions a week at the gym or in the field.

Go vapes!!

24. grampa_herb

grampa_herb CO2 oil bigot

But how does vaping affect your play? My skill level in basketball always went way down when high. On shrooms the passing lanes became more interesting but I still sucked.

Aizen-sama and His_Highness like this.
  25. deadlytoaster

deadlytoaster Canadian lost in Denmark

I never play while high. My performance definitely drops as I zone out a bit too much. I've yet to train and trip before, though I want to try a low dose so I can better analyze my form and technique in just a nice solo 2 hour training session.

His_Highness likes this.

Support FC, visit our trusted friends and sponsors