1. Interested in a popular vape? Short on time? Be sure to check out the Best Of threads for Plug-Ins and Portables.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. What does SSTB mean? See our glossary of acronyms.
    Dismiss Notice

Athlete Vaporists?

Discussion in 'Vaporization Discussion' started by Vapinghole, Apr 24, 2012.

1. SmDeox

SmDeox Member

DAMN .7 is a good dose. Have you monitored the effects of different strains on your runs?
    When I was doing longer distances green crack was my go to. It didn't motivate me to do exercise, but like you were saying it kind of locked me into zone. I'm really really curious on how different strains play out but unfortunately I can't just go to a dispensary and get a gram of each to try.

MJJ+Tennis didn't work out at all but it was amazing at night... muscle soreness, relaxation, etc. The 3 on the team from Europe swore by speed for matches... which was hilarious since they were all from different countries.

2. His_Highness

His_Highness In the land of the blind, the one-eyed man is king

Once I get everything else prepared and out of the way (Half cup of strong coffee, Running cloths on, Music lined up, Foot grease applied to prevent chaffing, sneakers tied just so)..... I vape and stretch at the same time with my running music on setting the tone and getting my mind right.

I tend toward smaller and more hits when I'm getting ready to run. I take a hit leaving enough lung space for deep breathing techniques into the stretch, relax into that single stretch and finally exhale. Rinse and repeat for the next stretch. By the time I complete the stretch routine I'm buzzed, warmed up, loose and my mind is right.

Some folks meditate ... running does the same for me when I do the above. By the time I hit the 20 minute mark in the run I've got the runner's high melding with the MJ buzz, and coffee buzz and mentally I'm not even running anymore. Everything except running takes control of my thoughts and it's common for me to 'come out of it' and not remember parts of the run. I barely hear most of the music by that point. Mostly it's the beat. I know these kind of runs can be made up of garbage miles since my beats per minute are not being monitored nor pushed and I'm also not worrying about pace but mentally it's a 'I really needed that' clearing of the mental bullshit.

Occasionally I still seriously train for something but that's a whole different mental game.

HighSeasSailor, BD9, GetLeft and 2 others like this.
  3. HighSeasSailor

HighSeasSailor Well-Known Member

I, uh, mistyped that.

My typical dose is 0.07g. 0.7g would be a crazy big pre-run toke! Might be fun but probably not great for speed!

I tend to favor indica or hybrid strains; for early day I prefer a hybrid for obvious reasons, but I still like some indica effects in there. I personally don't find it all that "depressive" in effect but more loosening. Goes great with a foam roller.

4. GetLeft

GetLeft Well-Known Member

I have the greatest stretches following a session. Everything just flows the way it's supposed to. I just follow along for the ride. Always feels great.

5. sanfranciscosadhu

sanfranciscosadhu Well-Known Member

I teach yoga for a living and have a steady personal practice. I can totally testify to the fact that cannabis makes it easier and far more enjoyable to stretch and open the body up.

6. MinnBobber

MinnBobber Well-Known Member

Recently read about "canna-yoga" classes somewhere where folks are encouraged to imbibe before attending.
    Do they drug test??? No canna, no class ;)

His_Highness likes this.
  7. sanfranciscosadhu

sanfranciscosadhu Well-Known Member

Cannabis enhanced yoga classes are nothing new in the Bay Area in Northern California. Probably in other MJ friendly places as well I would presume. Here in San Francisco we have a yoga teacher Dee Dussault who teaches ganja yoga classes regularly. You have to bring your own herb and can use on the premises before the class starts. She is coming out with a book called Ganja Yoga later in the spring.
    I myself used to regularly substitute teach a class at the Berkeley Patients group, one of the oldest cannabis clubs here, as far back as 2001. The class is no more alas, though I fondly remember the setup: the cooperative would provide an eight of an ounce to share with the class and a Volcano vaporizer for those that preferred vaping over smoking.
    Harbor Side in Oakland provides yoga classes as well though local regulations don't allow for medicating on the premises.
    All that said, the combination of yoga and cannabis goes way, way back as many sadhus in India have combined the two for hundreds, if not thousands of years.

His_Highness likes this.

Support FC, visit our trusted friends and sponsors