Athlete Vaporists?

vaplen

@Rzzz1 If I still used facebook I definitely would be lol. I just found I wasted too much time staring at things I had no interest in whatsoever. Or keeping up with people I have nothing to do with anymore. Literally the only reason I was on facebook was following the Monkey prick. There always some drama shit going on lmao

wax

@Rzzz1 If I still used facebook I definitely would be lol. I just found I wasted too much time staring at things I had no interest in whatsoever. Or keeping up with people I have nothing to do with anymore. Literally the only reason I was on facebook was following the Monkey prick. There always some drama shit going on lmao
The monkey prick?

wax,

vaplen

Nickname given to one of the guys in the videos I posted. I forget how ridiculous this all sounds to people who don't follow this stuff. I'm not trying to turn this into a Jason Genova thread so I'll stop posting about it.

vaplen,

Hippie Dickie

The Herbal Cube
Manufacturer
i'm with @lwien - just continue what i've been doing daily for a while - 32 minutes on the NordicTrack and 15 minutes on the Bowflex - will be two full years of strength training in June. and survive gf's home renovation project - me and the kitties are a bit nonplused about all the ruckus ... will be nice when it's done, though.

His_Highness

In the land of the blind, the one-eyed man is king
Every year I do the same 15k. It's my way of gauging how I'm doing overall on a year to year basis. Been doing that same 15k for over 15 years. I do marathons and half's occasionally but I have to train for them. 5k holds no interest for me since the runner's high doesn't really kick in for me till around the 20 minute mark. Some years I train for a 15k PR and other years I Cadillac the ride/run. This year is another Cadillac (run for comfort). The most important rule for me is.....no walking. Probably why my kids won't run with me :p

I've always done something physical and most times trained in several disciplines. There was a time, before I hit my 40's where I trained under the 'Fernando' guidelines where 'it's better to look good than feel good' so I did a lot of weight/strength training but got my cardio through things like martial arts. Since most martial art studios are about making money they didn't push the cardio envelope to exhaustion unless there were a bunch of hardcore folk making a case for it. Since everyone in the family trained (wife and kids) I tended toward family oriented martial art studios where as I said...cardio wasn't often done at the spartan level because they'd lose half their students.

Once I got to my 40's I became more interested in what I could do instead of what I looked like I could do. I switched from strength training an hour or more a day to long runs and limited my strength training to 3 times a week for no more than 30 minutes a session. I'm nowhere near as defined or as muscularly bulky as I used to be but I don't tire out nearly as easily as I used to when looking like Schwarzenegger was the goal. I don't train in the martial arts anymore but I kayak the back creeks (sometimes alone), fish, wake board, tube, swim, mow the lawn, trim the bushes, hike, bike, etc. I feel like switching my priority from body building to cardio has made my transition to an elder statesman more enjoyable :myday:

LazyIdol

My goals are to run at least a half marathon, continue to run with my dog at least 3 days a week, complete my first century on the road bike, and backpack as much as possible with my new tent:rockon:. Hopefully doing a weeklong backpacking trip this summer

I ran cross country in high school and have remained been dedicated to cardio over weight training but I am trying to work in more lifting as well so I don't look so emaciated and thin.

His_Highness

I do any exercise that doesn't require a partner, at the house, because I'm too lazy to leave the house to work out. It also means I can vape in tandem if I so desire. So my little bit of strength training only requires a cheap weight bench, some barbells, a pull-up bar and a AB-Lounge. Limit myself to 30 minutes and no slacking so its a bit of cardio although mostly anaerobic work.

I have a dreadmill but prefer to run the streets. Last night I did 5 miles in preparation for the 15k. Tonight is strength training.

My wife on the other hand uses exercise as a opportunity to socialize and goes to the gym with her friends. What motivates her and what motivates me are different but the important thing is we git-er-done.

Last edited:

Cereal_MF

Green goes to brown, n that's what I stand for.
It started as a pretty intense hour long calisthenics routine, but now I go to the gym and lift weights. Been going solidly for a year now. I usually vape a bit before I hit the gym.

Cereal_MF

I ran a lot between the ages 14-18. got me thru that rough patch of years. im 25 now and havent run much since back then, but luckily im still skinny :rofl:

Steele Concept

Transformer Tubes
Manufacturer
In 2015, I'd like to improve my jiu jitsu game and stay healthy. Basically just keep doing what i'm doing :0).

I'd like to eat a bit cleaner and walk my dog more as well.

Chill Dude

One goal for this year is to qualify for the Boston Marathon. Not an easy task at under 3:05 time

Me too! I'm 50 so my time to beat is only 3:30 to qualify for Boston. I've recently done a 1:38 half marathon so I think a 3:30 could be doable, but that's still running 26 8 minute miles. Makes me tired just thinking about it LOL...

lwien

Me too! I'm 50 so my time to beat is only 3:30 to qualify for Boston. I've recently done a 1:38 half marathon so I think a 3:30 could be doable, but that's still running 26 8 minute miles. Makes me tired just thinking about it LOL...

I have a hard enough time completing 4.5 miles so for me, I don't get tired thinking about 26 miles at all, 'cause for me, 26 miles is unfathomable at any speed.

His_Highness

I'm 56....No marathons for me this year. I allowed myself to get too far out of marathon shape during the holidays for the marathon season in Florida. Got my usual 15k in March which will set my base for the year...maybe next year......Always wanted to do the Disney Marathon. In a few minutes I'll eat a banana and 2 slices of white bread and head out for a 6 mile training run. Perfect weather - Low 50s and sunny.

My first marathon - goal was to run it under 4 hours or under a 10 minute mile average. Came in under the 10 minute mile average but just missed the under 4 hour total when I hit the wall during the last 4 miles. That race taught me the value of negative splits for the novice. Around the halfway mark I passed two gentlemen who were father and son. The father was in his late 70's early 80's and I can't remember how old the son was. Toward the last quarter of the race these same two gentlemen smoothly passed me and I picked up my pace and not long after hit the wall. I met up with the two gentlemen after the race and congratulated them on how smoothly they finished which is when I found out they were father and son. Wish I had done something like that with my father. Made up the miss with my kids though.

Here's hoping all you athlete vaporists tear it up without tearing it down this weekend!

His_Highness,
Reactions: Chill Dude

Ratm22

Cloud Transcender
Squat time.
If haven't done your weight lifting this week you best get on job and vape some bud while tearing some muscle.
I am going to work on my lunge form this week.
Do forget your negative diet work more than you eat!

Last edited:

Cereal_MF

Squat time.
If haven't done your weight lifting this week you best get on job and vape some bud while tearing some muscle.
I am going to work on my lunge form this week.
Do forget your negative diet work more than you eat!

What kinda #'s you squatting? I started squatting a few months ago and im currently doing 5x5 @185 on the squat with good form. I gotta do it as my first exercise though because im pooped by the end (i also do weighted pullups, bench, overhead press, horizonal row as part of my normal routine).

For me its eat more than you work cuz im on a bulk, but that aint always easy even with the munchies!

Incase ur wondering im 5'11 @ 180

His_Highness

What kinda #'s you squatting? I started squatting a few months ago and im currently doing 5x5 @185 on the squat with good form. I gotta do it as my first exercise though because im pooped by the end (i also do weighted pullups, bench, overhead press, horizonal row as part of my normal routine).

For me its eat more than you work cuz im on a bulk, but that aint always easy even with the munchies!

Incase ur wondering im 5'11 @ 180

If you're bulking up...ever tried creatine? Me and a buddy shared a purchase of the stuff and I blew up quicker and with less effort but he had a bad time with it...he got bigger as well but he was cramping up all over the place. I never really felt like I was gaining the same amount of strength as the size increase would imply though.

His_Highness,
Top Bottom