Asperger's Syndrome & MMJ

jimfish4130

Regarding THC vs CBD, have not found a general ratio I could rely on across strains. I believe more in the overall composition of certain strains (terps and other compounds in addition to thc/cbd). Most strains treat me right, but there are a few that I avoid at all costs due to bad effects.

Also, a nice mellow ABV buzz is long lasting... not so hard hitting, and good for times I can't vape when out. Usually a tablespoon of ABV mixed in peanut butter, then down the hatch...and I'm good for 5+ hours.

I don't really have a choice of strains, just whatever comes my way, bud probably high in thc and low in other cannabiniods. It generally smells/effects me similar but not the same so I wouldn't think the terpene profile is too different (I honestly have no idea though)

Definitely a fan of ABV coconut oil in coffee for a less vape friendly situation

@looney2nz I can't quote in my edits but thank you for your reply, this is the specific pen I mean. I'm hoping this will mean they are careful about the materials they use, also they say they use coconut oil rather than VG/PG/PEG

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/u...ct-vaporiser-for-the-first-time-a7191511.html

Last edited:

DDave

Vape Wizard
Accessory Maker
I don't really have a choice of strains, just whatever comes my way, bud probably high in thc and low in other cannabiniods. It generally smells/effects me similar but not the same so I wouldn't think the terpene profile is too different (I honestly have no idea though)

Definitely a fan of ABV coconut oil in coffee for a less vape friendly situation
I believe you'll still see a benefit in microdosing.

Speaking of Coffee... I had soaked a really dirty Solo stem in some well creamed coffee... woke up a few days later thinking... Was that one lump of sugar, or two? :tup:

herbivore21

I believe you'll still see a benefit in microdosing.

Speaking of Coffee... I had soaked a really dirty Solo stem in some well creamed coffee... woke up a few days later thinking... Was that one lump of sugar, or two? :tup:
Oh man, that is why me and edibles don't mix! :lol:

DDave

Vape Wizard
Accessory Maker
images

That is, unless you're an Aspie! Then it's pretty cool! :nod:

HellsWindStaff

Dharma Initiate
<3 I hope you guys all had a wonderful holiday!

I don't remember if I've ever talked about this? But have you seen the South Park episode when Stan has Ass Burgers? It's such a PERFECT representation of Aspies without being offensive but still having fun.

The whole premise is that Stan sees everything as just being shit, and can't get his rocks off over the simple/mundane things in life. He gets "woken up" by the crew of the Matrix, who are fellow Aspies and also see the shit :lol: their way to cope is to take the red pill that is substance abuse/alcoholism.

From them clearly labeling Aspergers as a difference in perception (all I see is shit!) rather than a mental disorder/lack to the commonality of substance abuse/alcoholism amongst Aspies (IMO this is more prevalent pre diagnosis) idk that is one of my favorite episodes :)

I love being an Aspie and wouldn't change it for anything to be honest :) now that I'm aware of it, the knowledge has only improved my quality of life.

Do your friends or family know you guys are Aspies? My family does but sans for a small handful of friends most of mine are unaware. Not for a fear of them treating me differently (tho I don't doubt some would react similar to the vein as a sober person being around people on psychadelics) or me purposely keeping it hidden, and maybe this is the Asperger in me talking, but I just find it awkward to bring up without it being naturally transitioned into. I've spoken about it with friends when mental health and perception has came up in conversation which isn't all that often truthfully but when I was diagnosed I most definitely did not just tell everyone, hey btw I do have Aspergers. Idk just curious to how others address their Aspergers if at all :)

Hope everyone had great holiday and have a great new year!

DDave

Vape Wizard
Accessory Maker
Fully paid up, official member of the autists here, plus ocd and graves disease.
Welcome! Yes, just checked... your dues are up to date! :rockon:

I don't remember if I've ever talked about this? But have you seen the South Park episode when Stan has Ass Burgers? It's such a PERFECT representation of Aspies without being offensive but still having fun.
This episode was :tup:
I love being an Aspie and wouldn't change it for anything to be honest :) now that I'm aware of it, the knowledge has only improved my quality of life.
I'm torn here. Childhood would have been a bit easier if I were playing out of the same rulebook as everyone else.... however....

Would the mods have taken place if I were Neurotypical?

Do your friends or family know you guys are Aspies? My family does but sans for a small handful of friends most of mine are unaware. Not for a fear of them treating me differently (tho I don't doubt some would react similar to the vein as a sober person being around people on psychadelics) or me purposely keeping it hidden, and maybe this is the Asperger in me talking, but I just find it awkward to bring up without it being naturally transitioned into. I've spoken about it with friends when mental health and perception has came up in conversation which isn't all that often truthfully but when I was diagnosed I most definitely did not just tell everyone, hey btw I do have Aspergers. Idk just curious to how others address their Aspergers if at all :)
I do let friends and family know... but it's selective... and selectively more so if you don't fall within the two groups just mentioned.

A big conversation opener is if someone is discussing the behavior of themselves or another who I believe from the description may have Aspergers. Then I "help" the conversation move towards that direction.

jimfish4130

The weird in here is pretty interesting.

How's yours?

My weird is well, I hope everyone else's is

Fully paid up, official member of the autists here

I seem to have lost my members card.. @DDave how do I get another?

Do your friends or family know you guys are Aspies? My family does but sans for a small handful of friends most of mine are unaware. Not for a fear of them treating me differently (tho I don't doubt some would react similar to the vein as a sober person being around people on psychadelics) or me purposely keeping it hidden, and maybe this is the Asperger in me talking, but I just find it awkward to bring up without it being naturally transitioned into.

My family know but not my friends, pretty much for the same reason as you. My ex is on the spectrum and knows I am (I wasn't diagnosed til after we broke up) and she's the only person I've really spoken to about it but even then it's not much. I'll get round to talking about it eventually I just don't know when.

One of my sisters is diagnosed autistic, another hasn't been diagnosed but me and my mum are almost certain she is (i see a lot of similarities between mine and her behaviour and she's obviously behind in some ways compared to others her age). The more time goes on my more sure I am that my mum and nana are on the spectrum, it would explain a hell of a lot

Childhood would have been a bit easier if I were playing out of the same rulebook as everyone else

I've always been told I was a very good kid for the most part, the most well behaved out of me and my siblings. My little brother is probably the most "neurotypical" in the house and he's such a little shit lol

Lastly in case anyone hasn't got one yet, vapcaps are excellent stim toys, even when I'm not vaping I like to spin my omni in my hand 10/10 would recommend

Aspie out (phone won't emoji, insert salute here)

DDave

Vape Wizard
Accessory Maker

jimfish4130

The Little King of Stim Toys!!!!

I don't sell em.... but I do have one....

http://www.ebay.com/itm/1PCs-Stress...2546b494cf3759d1549337&pid=100506&rk=1&rkt=1&

the-fidget-cube-640x533.jpg

Just ordered myself a black and red one, it should be here by the start of march at the latest

Got one of these a while ago but most of the time my joints aren't up to it, I probably should have got a medium or light one...

https://www.amazon.co.uk/ProHands-Gripmaster-Tension-Finger-Exerciser/dp/B0006GCBL4

DDave

Vape Wizard
Accessory Maker
Just ordered myself a black and red one, it should be here by the start of march at the latest
Love mine! Sturdy little device... constant use hasn't shown any signs of wearing out..
Got one of these a while ago but most of the time my joints aren't up to it, I probably should have got a medium or light one...

https://www.amazon.co.uk/ProHands-Gripmaster-Tension-Finger-Exerciser/dp/B0006GCBL4
Had that as well and many other devices. Only thing that came close to keeping me occupied was this...
cc6a9f47-cc9c-47f2-93bd-c57982874374

HellsWindStaff

Dharma Initiate
Hahahha guys I just have nails I pick :D these are cool though I often fiddle with my hands and still indulge in Nicotine a lot IMO in regards because of this, keeps me occupied

Krazy

In addition to some aspieishness I also have multiple/plural superpowers (other stuff as well).

Am I the only one that takes offense at simplistic, dummied down, continuums and spectrums? Am I the only one that views them as models tailored for less than bright "normals"? At least the circular representation is a step up.

While I rate VERY high in some categories of aspieishness my abilities to read people skew me back towards "normal" in a big way. This is mostly due to unrelenting early childhood ickyness. I can usually tell when people are lying to themselves and using that to lie to me.

I am not a fan of the current DSM5 that has smooshed assbergers into overall autism. I am not a fan of Autism Speaks and view them as a hate group. http://autismwomensnetwork.org/is-autism-speaks-a-hate-group/

EDIT:
I am also short on sleep fraked up stress wise after a 1/2 day at the VA. :ugh:

Snappo

Caveat Emptor - "A Billion People Can Be Wrong!"
Accessory Maker
Has anyone here noticed a repetitive trend in the media these days, namely... answering an interviewer's question by beginning with the word, "So,..."? Also, in the past few years, tv commercials would end their pitch with "Get yours TODAY!" I reason that the word "today" is meant as a sort of subliminal punctuation emphasis point that resembles a musical/magic trick-like "tadaaa". My brother thinks I'm nuts when I bring up such observations... is he right?:mental:

Last edited:

Tranquility

I am not a fan of the current DSM5 that has smooshed assbergers into overall autism. I am not a fan of Autism Speaks and view them as a hate group. http://autismwomensnetwork.org/is-autism-speaks-a-hate-group/
I have a profoundly autistic step-son (Now, adult.) and my wife has been active in the community on the instructional, research and policy levels. She was on a commission by the Department of Education that wrote the rules on disabilities in school and was later on a state-level board on Mental Health appointed by the Governor in my state.

She has a different opinion on Autism Speaks.

I am uncertain as to how she would treat you if you made a claim they were a hate group. I suspect it would be bad and she would metaphorically stomp you as the organization does a lot of good. Heck, I've walked their walks and manned a booth at some of the events. (Not for Autism Speaks, for providers that those who go to an Autism Speaks walk might benefit from.)

I wonder if the real "hate" has to do with political correctness. Much like the cochlear implant debate in the hearing impaired community, the link seems to consider those who think autism a disability rather than a different ability as haters. (Much like those who want to "fix" those who cannot hear rather than celebrate the fact their sense of touch may be better.)

EmDeemo

ACCOUNT INACTIVE
To anyone who might read this...

I have OCD. If, like me before diagnosis, you use the phrase as short hand for actually meaning being ANAL or SPECIFIC about how you like things FUCKING STOP IT! :)

It doesnt particularly make me angry but that definition is in no way what OCD is and is disappointing every time I see it.

Whenever I tell ppl I have OCD they assume being anal, wanting everything in alphabetical order is an obvious part of it when its actually got fuck all to do with it.

So, its not a big deal really, but just remember, if you want to refer to OCD as being anal/a perfectionist/etc its complete and utter ignorance and perpetuating a falsehood. Next time you think about OCD, remember me telling you mine is more like my brain SHOUTING at me constantly, very often to kill myself. Thats not quite the same as you wanting your Abba cd's all next to each other on a shelf :)

/rant :)

EDIT: Hopefully me ranting about it in here will stop me from pounding down on someone inappropriately in a thread next time I see yet another post from someone claiming its OCD that makes them want to get rid of the combustion smell from a vape.

Last edited:
Top Bottom