Ascent Vaporizer - The Ordering, Shipping, & Other Nonsense thread

Are you going to definitely buy the Ascent as things stand now ?

• Yes

Votes: 37 26.6%
  • No

Votes: 28 20.1%
  • Yes, and I want a pre-order from DV put in place

Votes: 31 22.3%
  • Yes, and I DON'T want a pre-order from DV put in place

Votes: 6 4.3%
  • Who cares !! Just wait for it and shut up !

Votes: 37 26.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

njluvdr

Keep calm and vape on
Mine was actually delivered today. The replacement consists of all new everything : vape, glass pipes and cans, charger and even the sticker. The Ascent itself is much better looking than the first one. Every seam is aligned and no haze or scratches on the display. Though it did come fully charged, I don't have time at the moment to give it a dry run then taste test. Will do so later tonight and post about it on the regular Ascent thread.

°k

The sound of vapor
Mine was actually delivered today. The replacement consists of all new everything : vape, glass pipes and cans, charger and even the sticker. The Ascent itself is much better looking than the first one. Every seam is aligned and no haze or scratches on the display. Though it did come fully charged, I don't have time at the moment to give it a dry run then taste test. Will do so later tonight and post about it on the regular Ascent thread.
That's great news, hope it'll work flawlessly! Say, since you didn't list it in your description, I assume there is no little sombrero with this batch, right? :tinfoil:

°k,

mmenzie

My friends call me "Menz"

awesome news but how???? the USPS is closed today, how did you get it??

mmenzie,

Marko697

That's great news, hope it'll work flawlessly! Say, since you didn't list it in your description, I assume there is no little sombrero with this batch, right? :tinfoil:
No the sombreros are not done yet which has been stated many times in this thread but once they are they said anyone that wants one can call davinci and they will send them out one

Marko697,

Marko697

awesome news but how???? the USPS is closed today, how did you get it??
I call bs on that one out of everyone's that had shipped his magically got shipped on a day that the post office is closed.. Exp when mine arrived to the post office at 7:24 this morning and my date of delivery is tomorrow and the post office is 2 blocks away from my house

Marko697,

°k

The sound of vapor
No the sombreros are not done yet which has been stated many times in this thread but once they are they said anyone that wants one can call davinci and they will send them out one
Apologies Mr. Senfftleben, I remember a post saying it might not be ready and a post saying that according to the last podcast they might be included; hence me asking a confirmation, with not much hope though.

°k,

poonman

What if @njluvdr ,
Didn't live in the US , could he have received his Ascent ? idk

He did describe what was in the box , including a new sticker .
I don't think it was a lucky guess .
Plus I just don't see the point of him lying about it .

So pics plz ....

edit ; @njluvdr
that's the last time I'm sticking up for you ,
jk
enjoy your Ascent .

poonman,
Reactions: njluvdr

mmenzie

What if @njluvdr ,
Didn't live in the US , could he have received his Ascent ? idk

sorry... no harm or foul was intended when i asked and i apologize to everyone for the posts my question caused. i really just wanted to how it got delivered on a day the USPS was closed. i was just curious. you are right maybe he was not in the US. maybe he got it delivered by something other that USPS?? like i said i was just curious, no harm was intended

mmenzie,
Reactions: njluvdr

njluvdr

Keep calm and vape on
Apologies Mr. Senfftleben, I remember a post saying it might not be ready and a post saying that according to the last podcast they might be included; hence me asking a confirmation, with not much hope though.
I will check again when I get home

njluvdr,
Reactions: °k

Shrike

Flower Potted, Maxed, & Rio'd.
Huh?? ^^^^^?

Anyway...I posted that I received an email from Davinci today saying my Ascent replacement was on it's way. I didn't check the tracking number right away because they never come up right away...usually I have to wait until the next day for it to update at all...

However, when I did check just a little while ago I see that they actually sent it out on the 11th and it is supposed to be here tomorrow! So...that is very cool. I'll let you know what I think of the new and "improved" model when I get it.:)

Shrike,
Reactions: Smknbud

mewash2

Got a shipping notice today. I have a WT now and I am going to make some oil this week, so I will let you guys know how it performs.

mewash2,

njluvdr

Keep calm and vape on
I will check again when I get home
No sombrero.

I opened the chamber, covered the bottom glass screen and blew. Met with lots of resistance. Without the glass in there was air leakage. No exposed wires or visibly obvious gaps in the air pathway.

Last edited:
njluvdr,
Reactions: °k

njluvdr

Keep calm and vape on
Where do you live that it was delivered today. Mode of shipment?
Jersey City NJ. It was sent 2 day priority.

Tracking Number: xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
delivered
  • Scheduled Delivery Day: October 15, 2013
Product & Tracking Information
Postal Product:
  • Priority Mail®
Features:
    • $50 insurance included
    • USPS Tracking™
Date & Time
Status of Item
Delivered
JERSEY CITY, NJ 07302
October 14, 2013 , 6:27 am
Arrival at Post Office
JERSEY CITY, NJ 07302
October 13, 2013
Depart USPS Sort Facility
KEARNY, NJ 07032
October 13, 2013 , 12:47 am
Processed through USPS Sort Facility
KEARNY, NJ 07032
October 12, 2013
Depart USPS Sort Facility
LAS VEGAS, NV 89120
October 11, 2013 , 11:16 pm
Processed through USPS Sort Facility
LAS VEGAS, NV 89120
October 4, 2013
Electronic Shipping Info Received
October 4, 2013 , 11:46 am
Acceptance
LAS VEGAS, NV 89123

Edit: Removed tracking #

mmenzie

just checked the tracking and mine is "out for delivery" and of course i am at work. i get home at 6:00pm and then it will take 4 hours for the recommended first charge. so i guess it will be after 10:00pm at the earliest that i will be able to try it and report back

smokie

just checked the tracking and mine is "out for delivery" and of course i am at work. i get home at 6:00pm and then it will take 4 hours for the recommended first charge. so i guess it will be after 10:00pm at the earliest that i will be able to try it and report back
It may have shipped charged, and now they are supposed to hold charge. My old one would be dead in four days max even with no use. But am keen to try the revised version

smokie,
Reactions: Shrike

njluvdr

Keep calm and vape on
Mine came fully charged. When I opened the box and plugged in the charger the battery icon was solid. My guess would be that yours should be the same. Besides the burn off issue I hope your experience will be a good one.

mmenzie

my wife called me and confirmed it's delivery today. she even opened it up and put it on the charger so it will be fully charged when i arrive home. keep your fingers crossed for me that the off gassing issue is gone.

°k

The sound of vapor
my wife called me and confirmed it's delivery today. she even opened it up and put it on the charger so it will be fully charged when i arrive home...
You sir are one lucky man. :nod:

On a more related topic, I remember you saying the tracking info listed it as "shipped" for a while even though it wasn't moving or something like that. I believe I'm in the same situation as Davinci is listing my order as "shipped" but USPS has only received the electronic shipping info.
My understanding is that when DV receive the order they start processing it (i.e. taking the money) then send the details to USPS which holds on collecting the parcel until they get the green light from DV, green light being given once DV have actually received the unit from the factory and QC'ed it? I also remember someone (most likely the rep) saying QC would last 9 days (I'm really not sure about that though...), could it be the amount of time your shipment wasn't moving menz?

°k,

Tweek

No sombrero.

I opened the chamber, covered the bottom glass screen and blew. Met with lots of resistance. Without the glass in there was air leakage. No exposed wires or visibly obvious gaps in the air pathway.

Here you go:

8394sombrero.jpg

RD

"Hawaii Home Grown"
Can see were sombrero will keep herb against hot ceramic and have void in center. Wonder if put in bottom or put on top. I'll want one when available.

RD,
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom