• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Ascent Vaporizer by DaVinci

OF

Will do if I ever figure out how to PM on this site. (I'm old)

It's pretty easy, click on the guy's user name next to his message, then click on "Start a conversation" in the window that pops up. That will take you to the PM area (also "Inbox" upper right on any page) where you can start, read or reply to each other.

I just sent you a PM for demonstration.

Best wishes, we old guys gotta stick together you know.

OF

vapen00b

Many vapes & accessories. Always happy to help
Will do if I ever figure out how to PM on this site. (I'm old)

Hey,
just click on the name of the person you'd like to contact (to the left right under the avatar), then click on "start a new conversation" on the pop up page. :)

EDIT: I might be younger but was obviously too slow though.. :D
Someone wants to give me a sign..."you're too old" It's my birthday today :| :p

sickmanfraud

Hey,
just click on the name of the person you'd like to contact (to the left right under the avatar), then click on "start a new conversation" on the pop up page. :)

EDIT: I might be younger but was obviously too slow though.. :D
Someone wants to give me a sign..."you're too old" It's my birthday today :| :p

Happy birthday! Many more in good health.

EdE80

I got my 14mm piece for use with my F-Bomb yesterday, and good lord I love my Ascent even more now! I did have a problem with the glass spacer getting jammed in the oven, had to break it to get it out... I'm ok with that though, I've never had an issue with my pack staying put, I just thought I'd give them a try...

CarolKing

Singer of songs and a vapor connoisseur
Good idea to take your glass spacer out while the unit still is warm (dump it out)it just makes it easier. The same with cleaning, do that when the unit is still warm with a q-tip. I have used a magic eraser to clean my unit, made my oven nice and clean. I tore a piece of the eraser off and used a toothpick and a fine pair of tweezers.

I haven't hooked the Ascent up to a water tool, I use it mainly for portability. My unit will be 2 years old this October and it's going strong. The battery is around an hour maybe 50 min. Brand new the battery lasted 2 hours. Lately I only use probably 2 times per week.

EdE80

It went in cockeyed, and broke after about 10 minutes of me playing around with it. Like I said, not mad about it... I highly recommend trying out a water piece. It really did make a difference in how smooth the vapor was, and I don't even find it tough or hot to begin with.

EdE80,

virtualpurple

Good idea to take your glass spacer out while the unit still is warm (dump it out)it just makes it easier. The same with cleaning, do that when the unit is still warm with a q-tip. I have used a magic eraser to clean my unit, made my oven nice and clean. I tore a piece of the eraser off and used a toothpick and a fine pair of tweezers.

I haven't hooked the Ascent up to a water tool, I use it mainly for portability. My unit will be 2 years old this October and it's going strong. The battery is around an hour maybe 50 min. Brand new the battery lasted 2 hours. Lately I only use probably 2 times per week.

It's great on its own but definitely worth running through water as well. I tend to hit with water on all my devices anymore

OmniForge

Hey, I'm new to Fuckcombustions and thought I'd share some pictures of some stand I've made for the Ascent. I hope you guys like em.
0RVOicn.jpg
e3Y4xZ2.jpg

Archaicrevival

Has the offgassing issue from the 2013 model been fixed? Or should I get the pax2, or wait for the mivape or evoke?

Archaicrevival,

WakeAndVape

VapeLife X
Has the offgassing issue from the 2013 model been fixed? Or should I get the pax2, or wait for the mivape or evoke?
I think the off gassing issue your speaking of wasn't a real 'issue'...
...don't get me wrong, I'm not saying it didn't happen to anybody BUT it was not a widespread occurrence.
I personally own the pax2 as well as the ascent and I like them both for different reasons. I suspect that if you owned all of the vapes you just spoke of, you would find they shine in their own way.
The ascent us king of flavor in my book(let) of vapes

Davinci_vaporizer

Clean First Technology
Manufacturer
Hey! I work out in our factory in Shezhen. We have an entire room here dedicated to curing the silicone. First it goes through a boiling treatment in a big crock pot like machine, then into an autoclave for a secondary cure. The units are also ran through a burnoff cycle here at 430 degrees for 10 minutes before being packaged. On top of all that, we only use high grade, heat safe silicone for our seals. I think the issue was never so much visible offgassing at is was people noticing flavors that they thought shouldn't be there, and didn't give the unit time to "season." I think it's fair to say in most cases, if they took the time to actually use the unit all the concerns subsided because of the amazing flavor the Ascent can provide.

I have picked up units straight off the production line and used them before, without a burnoff or anything and never experienced any funkiness going on, and I'm here because I'm a stickler for that stuff haha.

I hope this gives you some peace of mind, and if you have any questions please feel free to PM me.

vapen00b

I never got rid of that plastic flavor until the unit(s) broke... Was very disappointed,had the 2AA1s (2014) - also had 3 other ascents in hand and mouth, same thing. Is was/is(?) definitely an issue, hopefully not anymore.
Flavor wise maybe consider also the GH or if stealth isn't needed but portability is still there, go for a Zion, it's a versatile beast.

Archaicrevival

If in fact it has been fixed ill look into getting another unit, but in 2013 the ascent I purchased had visible offgassing, and I returned it for a refund.

Hey! I work out in our factory in Shezhen. We have an entire room here dedicated to curing the silicone. First it goes through a boiling treatment in a big crock pot like machine, then into an autoclave for a secondary cure. The units are also ran through a burnoff cycle here at 430 degrees for 10 minutes before being packaged. On top of all that, we only use high grade, heat safe silicone for our seals. I think the issue was never so much visible offgassing at is was people noticing flavors that they thought shouldn't be there, and didn't give the unit time to "season." I think it's fair to say in most cases, if they took the time to actually use the unit all the concerns subsided because of the amazing flavor the Ascent can provide.

I have picked up units straight off the production line and used them before, without a burnoff or anything and never experienced any funkiness going on, and I'm here because I'm a stickler for that stuff haha.

I hope this gives you some peace of mind, and if you have any questions please feel free to PM me.

Scott A

Were you guys doing this for mid 2014 models like the one I got directly from the davinci website? The one I had needed dozens of burnoffs and even after that still had a slight smell/taste to it when on. Pretty far from pick it up off the line and use it.

Hammock Guru

Were you guys doing this for mid 2014 models like the one I got directly from the davinci website? The one I had needed dozens of burnoffs and even after that still had a slight smell/taste to it when on. Pretty far from pick it up off the line and use it.

Hmmm...I'm new to the Davinci and I had the same chemical/plastic taste upon first using it. I was momentarily disappointed. But the second bowlful proved what I had read elsewhere that that taste would disappear with use. "Offgassing"--meaning that visible vapor can be seen when turned on...or at least the odor of the herb is present with only the unit turned on? Well...there is some of that.

Davinci_vaporizer

Clean First Technology
Manufacturer
Were you guys doing this for mid 2014 models like the one I got directly from the davinci website?

Hmmm...I'm new to the Davinci and I had the same chemical/plastic taste upon first using it. I was momentarily disappointed. But the second bowlful proved what I had read elsewhere that that taste would disappear with use. "Offgassing"--meaning that visible vapor can be seen when turned on...or at least the odor of the herb is present with only the unit turned on? Well...there is some of that.

Yes, I've only been with the company since mid 2014, and we were doing that when I started for sure. The unit is going to smell like the materials it is made of until you change that. So yes, brand new hot plastic and silicone will smell, but that does not mean it is dangerous. After the unit is seasoned, the flavor only gets better and better.

CarolKing

Singer of songs and a vapor connoisseur
I have a Unit from Oct 2013. It smelled of that new plastic smell and taste for the first few loads. It will go away. Some people seem to be more susceptible to smells and taste.

The Ascent is a nice portable with really great taste. Relax and enjoy.

Archaicrevival

This was the problem I had with the first davinci vape THIS IS VISIBLE VAPOR OFFGASSING, I contacted them by phone they told me it was "non-toxic" I refuse to believe that, So I sent the unit back....

Archaicrevival,
Reactions: vapen00b

vapen00b

This was the problem I had with the first davinci vape THIS IS VISIBLE VAPOR OFFGASSING, I contacted them by phone they told me it was "non-toxic" I refuse to believe that, So I sent the unit back....

Weeew, that looks scary. I would not dare to vape from such a device, nor do I think it's a solution to just vape over that smell and taste. It will not fight the cause... And I won't believe it's not harming health.
What rev. model have you got @Archaicrevival ?

Last edited:
vapen00b,

Archaicrevival

The model I had was back when the unit was first released in 2013.
Weeew, that looks scary. I would not dare to vape from such a device, nor do I think it's a solution to just vape over that smell and taste. It will not fight the cause... And I won't believe it's not harming health.
What rev. model have you got @Archaicrevival ?

Please see the video above, that off-gassing was the issue I spoke of, has this been fixed?

Last edited by a moderator:
Archaicrevival,
Reactions: OF

mixchu69

I love my ascent and my first few bowls tasted like silicone, but I did no burn offs and used the oil can with more silicone for my first use. After a few bowls, my ascent has become one of the best tasting and sipping portables. Own the mighty, minivap, esv, pax1, haze v2.5, solo.

mixchu69,

EdE80

I love mine, everyday driver as a matter of fact. I waited a few months after release to get mine, never had any issues after a couple of burn offs, and I check periodically for any wear and tear on the exposed silicone around the oven. I think all these off gassing issues were from the first initial release, although I'm no expert.

EdE80,
Top Bottom