Ascent Vaporizer by DaVinci

wiimatthew

couldnt find the edit button, iv been hitting avb from my ascent, but inhaling from the back iv been getting so much clouds im dissapointed a fresh bowl doesnt even provide this! at least i havnt tried sucking from the back but wow i am so surprized it keeps on going

MrNaturalAZ

Tree hugging dirt worshipper
both of my stems are broken and the device does not work as good as it used to, what do i do now?

You should order a couple more glass stems.

If you're concerned about glass breakage, maybe try one of Ed's wood options - available in 2-piece telescoping (like the original glass ones) or single-piece wood version of water tool adapter. Lots of folks like the water adapters as a mouthpiece because it seals better than the telescoping stems, making for denser vapor by eliminating ingress of fresh air into the vapor path.

http://shop.edstnt.com/searchquick-submit.sc?keywords=ascent

They are a bit pricier than glass, but are a quality product and many forum members use them. The wood adds an additional natural element to your vaping experience, too.

KeroZen

Chronic vapaholic
...or implement the o-ring fix under the rim (better but a bit inconvenient) or above the rim (a bit less tight but easier to implement, you need to move it back in place everytime you retract the straw though)

And even better: have the GonG and the o-ring! :)

KeroZen,

sickmanfraud

i think the glass flowers help, i ran dry, so i used the avb i had and stuffed as much as i could and the flower on top(forgot to put in middle) and i got at least 5 good draws from it (i was surprized!) but both of my stems are broken and the device does not work as good as it used to, what do i do now? or does the device work the same way and only the taste is affected? i dont mind the plasic taste as long as its not harmful, i also want a 14mm water stem but i heard you need the inner glass stem as well(after must searching i didnt see a single person who took out the inner stem)

IMO If you try to use an Ascent without the inner stem you risk making a mess from pieces of cannabis.

sickmanfraud,

Toltec

A somebody to no one, a nobody to some.
It's been reported over and over on this thread. I do not believe anyone can pass this test: Set the Ascent to 375F (Let it reach temperature), then set it to 400F. The temp dial indicate it's starting to heat up, then jumps back to 375F.

Technically it seems the oven is still heating up to 400F, but the dial isn't indicating it. This is a software glitch which has affected both Ascent's I've owned, and many other owners on this thread have reported it. I haven't seen one ascent work properly in that 385 to 405F range (I once determined the exact temperature range affected, but I forget right now).

I'd love to see an official comment from @Davinci_vaporizer on the subject. Have you had the software developers look into the issue? Is it a simple firmware patch that can be done on new Ascent's, or is this impossible to fix?

Hello again.

So I contacted DaVinci because I thought my unit may be glitchy (not being able to display the heat change from 380 degrees to 400). I sent them a video of the Ascent being unable to display the correct temperature. They issued me an RMA over this issue. Alexis Griffith's (customer support) exact words were "That is in fact a defect, I still need the rest of your information in order to set up a warranty claim."

However, during the time between being issued an RMA and me sending the unit back, the Ascent quit working unless being charged. I assume it was a dead battery. I continued to use it for a day or two tethered to the wall, then I cleaned it up and shipped it back to DaVinci.

I got my unit back a little over a week later, quick service! The unit came back with a small scratch on the side and superglue splotches on the front and back around the seam where, I guess, they took it apart. I was a bit bummed about that. However, I have been using it as my daily driver for a week now, and it is working as intended.

What an awesome machine! I followed the suggestion of packing the bowl halfway, then placing the oil jar ontop of the herb. I can get sufficiently medicated, as well as clouds, from 380 degrees on up. Definitely pleased with the performance.:razz:

The real kicker is this: they either forgot to fix the 380 -> 400 display issue, or just can't! My Ascent still has the display issue that made me contact customer service in the first place. Perhaps the repair guy noticed the battery was dead and only fixed that, or perhaps this issue really does just affect all Ascents... The world may never know!

Errrr... back to vaping.:cool:

Last edited:

Delta3DStudios

Accessory Maker
The real kicker is this: they either forgot to fix the 380 -> 400 display issue, or just can't! My Ascent still has the display issue that made me contact customer service in the first place. Perhaps the repair guy noticed the battery was dead and only fixed that, or perhaps this issue really does just affect all Ascents... The world may never know!

The 380 to 400 temp display issue is well documented on this thread (Both of my Ascent units had the issue), it seems to be some sort of software display glitch. I have done quite a bit of testing and confirmed it's not a big issue. The system is reaching the temperature you set, but the OLED display doesn't update, don't worry about it.

Note the issue also presents itself if you have your temp set to Celsius (somewhere in the 201-205C range)

IMO If you try to use an Ascent without the inner stem you risk making a mess from pieces of cannabis.
Aka, Scoobie Snacks, Yum! :D

Davinci_vaporizer

Clean First Technology
Manufacturer
Hello again.

So I contacted DaVinci because I thought my unit may be glitchy (not being able to display the heat change from 380 degrees to 400). I sent them a video of the Ascent being unable to display the correct temperature. They issued me an RMA over this issue. Alexis Griffith's (customer support) exact words were "That is in fact a defect, I still need the rest of your information in order to set up a warranty claim."

However, during the time between being issued an RMA and me sending the unit back, the Ascent quit working unless being charged. I assume it was a dead battery. I continued to use it for a day or two tethered to the wall, then I cleaned it up and shipped it back to DaVinci.

I got my unit back a little over a week later, quick service! The unit came back with a small scratch on the side and superglue splotches on the front and back around the seam where, I guess, they took it apart. I was a bit bummed about that. However, I have been using it as my daily driver for a week now, and it is working as intended.

What an awesome machine! I followed the suggestion of packing the bowl halfway, then placing the oil jar ontop of the herb. I can get sufficiently medicated, as well as clouds, from 380 degrees on up. Definitely pleased with the performance.:razz:

Errrr... back to vaping.:cool:
Yes its not 380-400 it's just 400, so unfortunately, no more free warranty replacements on that issue! I'm glad they were getting you set up before your unit went out for real though! Must have made it a quick easy process for you. If you ever have any questions or concerns you can totally PM me here. I'm more than happy to help out any way I can.

wiimatthew

You should order a couple more glass stems.
...or implement the o-ring fix under the rim (better but a bit inconvenient) or above the rim (a bit less tight but easier to implement, you need to move it back in place everytime you retract the straw though)

And even better: have the GonG and the o-ring! :)
instead of glass stems i want to get the wooden 14mm stem

what is this o ring fix?

your right and i inhaled all the bits of weed into my mouth and threw up (avb was nasty a full hit entire mouth covered in powder that tasted nasty the saliva could not even form) (it was 3/4 of the bowl i inhaled because there wasnt much left and it was jam packed)

CarolKing

Singer of songs and a vapor connoisseur
Try a coarse grind with your herb, maybe less particles in the mouth. I was much more happy with either the GonG or WonG with my Ascent as a mouthpiece vs the regular (2 piece) glass mouthpiece that comes with the unit. It just gives a tighter fit.

Also the glass spacer or the glass flowers help to hold the herb down. That was a problem in the beginning with the Ascent, the herb flew around inside the oven.

You will have to choose what works best.

Toltec

Yes its not 380-400 it's just 400, so unfortunately, no more free warranty replacements on that issue! I'm glad they were getting you set up before your unit went out for real though! Must have made it a quick easy process for you. If you ever have any questions or concerns you can totally PM me here. I'm more than happy to help out any way I can.

Glad to know the 400 degree display thing is not just the Ascent I got. Whew!

I did not receive a replacement. I think they just replaced the batteries, because my unit was not even turning on. Repair only. However, the RMA process went smoothly and I had my unit back in no time.

Thanks, I'll definitely contact you if I ever have any questions. Also, thanks for your contact with the community - that really is awesome!

Looking forward to purchasing some glass spacers when they are available to the public.

Vape on!

Last edited:

wiimatthew

i did the o ring fix, now every time i inhale i get pieces of weed every draw its nasty and gross plus its all black, but i have no idea how when the bowl is still green and theres a screen covering it!!

wiimatthew,

jay87

Can some brave soul who is willing to sacrifice for science, and who also has an Ascent with some spacers give this a try?

1. insert both spacers into oven
2. heat to 430 F throughout oven
3. remove top spacer using tweezers or toothpick etc, insert concentrate/wax/bho on top of hot bottom spacer, replace top spacer
4. ???
5. Profit

Report back with your findings :leaf:

jay87,
Reactions: OF

OF

Can some brave soul who is willing to sacrifice for science, and who also has an Ascent with some spacers give this a try?

1. insert both spacers into oven
2. heat to 430 F throughout oven
3. remove top spacer using tweezers or toothpick etc, insert concentrate/wax/bho on top of hot bottom spacer, replace top spacer

Sorry, I think I'll pass on this one. That's not what the spacers are designed for and it strikes me as a first rate way to glue the lower spacer into the oven. Not to mention maybe leaking concentrate into the area below the oven and above the grill where it can't be cleaned but will smell and get worse every time it's used.

Even if it works better than the supplied jars, which I doubt.

If you're bent on trying to vape concentrate I suggest cotton or better still a section of the SS pads for the Volcano (which are designed to hold, not leak, concentrates).

IMO if you want to vape such concentrates consider a vape pen or other vape designed for the duty. There are several excellent units out, under $100.

OF

CarolKing

Singer of songs and a vapor connoisseur
JUST IN TIME FOR FATHER'S DAY!

Ascent Vaporizer
*['%22](?%3Curl%3E[%5E%7B'%22].+?)['%22])']*['%22](?%3Curl%3E[%5E%7B'%22].+?)['%22])']Limited Time Offer - Only $199.99

The world's most advanced vaporizer is now available at a special discounted price for a limited time. Each Ascent vaporizer purchase will receive a free car charger, scent resistant RYOT carrying case and free shipping within the US!
Get Yours Today

I received this email today, some of you probably did too. for those of you standing on the fence and wondering about the Ascent, here is your chance a really good deal with nice accessories.

Toltec

I received this email today, some of you probably did too. for those of you standing on the fence and wondering about the Ascent, here is your chance a really good deal with nice accessories.

Blast! If only they had had this deal for 4/20 instead, when I ordered. I did receive the car charger and carrying case (which are great!), but $50 off would have been nice... Either way, sweet deal for anyone considering this sleek, effective, portable vaporizer. :nod:

Toltec

Sorry to double post...

Has everyone else's bowl on the Ascent grown pretty much black, especially near the bottom?

Even with weekly ISO washes, my bowl seems really dirty.

Its possible to scrape some of it off with the stirring tool, but I'm afraid of chipping the glass lining on the ceramic.

How does everyone else keep theirs looking new?:huh:

Toltec,

Vicki

Herbal Alchemist
Sorry to double post...

Has everyone else's bowl on the Ascent grown pretty much black, especially near the bottom?

Its possible to scrape some of it off with the stirring tool, but I'm afraid of chipping the glass lining on the ceramic.

Using a Magic Eraser on the bowl was recently discussed with good results.

Delta3DStudios

Accessory Maker
Sorry to double post...

Yep, as @Vicki said, use a magic erase. A wooden chopstick or toothpick can help safely work the magic eraser into the corners (wood will not scratch the oven). You can get that oven brilliant white again with a little elbow grease.

HD Springer

Does any one know of a place to get a single piece glass stem with the male 14 mm end. I really like Ed's wooden stem but he's out of stock and I love glass for reclaim purposes.

HD Springer,

HD Springer

I always thought that this used the original inner slide stem. I didn't realize that was made to be used by itself. Damn I'm dumb sometimes. Thank you @mixchu69

HD Springer,
Reactions: mixchu69

Delta3DStudios

Accessory Maker
Does any one know of a place to get a single piece glass stem with the male 14 mm end. I really like Ed's wooden stem but he's out of stock and I love glass for reclaim purposes.

My Crafty Silicone 14mm waterpipe adapter fits right over the standard Davinci mouthpiece
Mt7ah6l.jpg

AQWDGbz.jpg

http://delta3dstudios.com/14mmcrafty-vaporizer-mouthpiece-to-waterpipe-adapter/

Top Bottom