Ascent Vaporizer by DaVinci

Delta3DStudios

Accessory Maker
I'm super pumped to try the new spacers out.I already recieeved their email and now I have to be patient.
I got my email for my order (plus the spacers!). I can't wait to see the new spacers!

I just hope my stash can be as patient.
Shoot, I keep a bud from every strain I get for "special occasions" and I label why I like it (effects, flavor, etc). I've got a few tasty strains I can't wait to try again once I get my spacer :drool:

Scott A

Im definitely interested in this new spacer. I used to use the jars as spacers with my ascent for descent vaporization but now I am able to get away with out a spacer if I pack it tight enough. A good spacer that allows for solid air flow throughout the bowl would be awesome.

WakeAndVape

VapeLife X
NOW your thinking OF! if the new spacer had a time machine under it, it could keep zapping our buds 10 minutes in the past when the herbs were fresh

OF

NOW your thinking OF! if the new spacer had a time machine under it, it could keep zapping our buds 10 minutes in the past when the herbs were fresh

Now you're being just plain silly. If it had time travel capabilities don't you think DV would just send them back in time to ship with each Ascent when it was new?

Let's try to keep it between the ditches, shall we? Please excuse me if you're new to vaping and don't understand how these things work?

OF

Delta3DStudios

Accessory Maker
They sent them out already???
My situation is probably a little different from most - I was told to call because I wanted to ordered some other stuff (which I did, Sophia was awesome!). Apparently they were going to combine the shipment for me. I'm going to run to the PO today at 4:40pm with the signature requested note and see if I can get the package.

If not, I should be home tomorrow to receive the delivery. I'll post pictures/reviews/thoughts once they arrive.

WakeAndVape

VapeLife X
My situation is probably a little different from most - I was told to call because I wanted to ordered some other stuff (which I did, Sophia was awesome!). Apparently they were going to combine the shipment for me. I'm going to run to the PO today at 4:40pm with the signature requested note and see if I can get the package.

If not, I should be home tomorrow to receive the delivery. I'll post pictures/reviews/thoughts once they arrive.
I would be jealous, but my ascent is being repaired right now and I wouldn't be able to use it anyways (unless it fits in my other vapes) if they both came at the same time that would be awesome...I've been looking to give the mighty a rest

cali_duc136

i just wanted to join this site to post on this thread that the Davinci Acsent is an amazing vape. I just got my today and I'm absolutely thrilled. I read almost all these posts before buying but I'm very happy I decided to go with this one. Thanks for all the great tips and advice!

Delta3DStudios

Accessory Maker
They're here!

J2E5Z4g.jpg

nCnwWK4.jpg

HlPur6q.jpg

N8JTtEU.jpg

JSPDe1X.jpg

4PvyCBW.jpg

As you can see, they appear to be half-height jar's with 4 holes in the bottom.

I was really expecting them to look like oval shaped buttons made from glass, but we'll see how these work out

Not really sure how to use these. I *think* there are 2 options:
1) Screen on bottom of vaporizer (the ones included with the Ascent). Load herbs, put glass spacer on top
2) Turn 1 spacer over and load into vape, load herbs, then load second spacer right side up (to create a sandwich).

I suspect option 2 will increase the convection effect and will change the flavor (if that's possible!).

Thanks to @Davinci_vaporizer for shipping me a pair of spacers to play with! I'll be sure to give some feedback in a day or two!

Last edited by a moderator:

HD Springer

Ya I'm not sure what I was expecting.I hope this is going to shrink the bowl size with out restricting air flow.Cool that they offered them for free no matter what.I cut my teeth with the og davinci so I'm kind a partial to the brand.

HD Springer,

MedicatedPensioner

I currently load a pinch and pack it down with an oil jar. That works well. These spacers look like what I figured I would do if I could to enhance things - drill a few holes in a jar to let vapor thru.

MedicatedPensioner,

hereNT

So, with 316 pages I'm not having very good luck finding some answers to my questions amongst all of the great info. Forgive me if some of this has been asked before, my apologies. And it's also super long, apologies there, too. ;)

First off, my experience:

I'm a really heavy smoker, kind of a 'maintenance medicator' if that makes sense; I puff all day every day but typically don't get super lit. As they say, though, slow and steady wins the race, and it could add up to 3-4 ounces of really good stuff in a month.

I have previously had a magic flight box and really liked it, but it wasn't enough control and going through batteries that quickly really kind of sucked. Ended up just sitting in a box and I used the pipe all the time. Also borrowed an older volcano for awhile, but it was simply too large of a dose at a time for the way I smoke. And I've used several friend's pens and done a little bit of dabbing. Oils are kind of recent and limited supply out here, but something I really like and want to do more of.

With that in mind, the Ascent seems like the best tool for my needs it really does seem like it. But I have the feeling that I'm not quite using it to the fullest, and might be doing some stuff wrong.

Here are my questions / issues:
  • Within a day I ended up breaking one of the inside tubes with the triangle at the bottom. Actually up to three now. One was trying to get it out of the body, learned that a bamboo chopstick worked to push it out. Is there a better way to do this? Especially after using some oils, it can be gunked up and stuck in pretty good. Another one broke when poking out the holes with the little bit on the end of the metal tool. It seemed like the right size, but after that I just gave up.

Is this typical? Does anyone make aftermarket ones that are more sturdy? I have a couple ideas on how it could be different and was going to have a friend who works in a glass studio try to make me some but she went on maternity leave before we got a chance...

• I noticed that a lot of people have mentioned the battery indicator being a bit off. And it was supposed to charge for 5 hours, but mine was apparently full maybe two hours after it arrived. The normal charging seems to be a lot faster than 5, too. Has anyone else noticed / had this? Is it maybe an indicator of a battery that will wear out quicker or anything?

• Now that I have started using oils more often, it's really feeling like this isn't a good device for being portable. I'm not worried about smell or anything, just mess. I'll often be out on bike rides in the middle of nowhere and want to stop and have a 'safety break' along the trail. Seemed like the jars would be awesome for that, just bring a few of the jars with and I'd be good to be out for 6 or 8 hours.

Obviously, that's not going to be possible since you can't tip the vape when it's hot, and the cap for the jar comes out when it's hot so you can't really remove the jar until it's cooled down. Which is fine, I'm still able to use it at home. But I have a lot of questions about using waxes with it.

• I've read a lot of people saying that they don't like using it because it doesn't do the super huge hits like a nail would. It seems like it's just a different kind of use. It will kind of melt down into the jar and I hit it for several minutes. The product doesn't ever completely go away.

Are the leftovers there still good? I've been just putting a little more on top of it and going until it's really dense and then just tossing it in some ISO to dissolve.

• It's super tippy when vertical, which can be really bad when it's cooling down. Does anyone make an actual stand for it? I've been using an extension tube from the flight box so I don't accidentally tilt it with oils, with the Ascent in a tumbler glass. That feels really hacky for such a stylish, expensive piece of equipment.
  • For general cleaning / care, is there any cohesive FAQ or guide? I know it's just basically take it out and soak in ISO, but stuff like using a chopstick to pop out the straw or magic erasers for the bowl would be really great to have that for people with new ones.

• The temperature adjustment is pretty awesome, are there any guides on using this for maximum use of the bud? With the flight box, I ended up with a lot of kind of 'lightly toasted' plant, then used that to make some buddah. The more cerebral stuff came from puffing, and the cookies were straight up body / melt into the couch. Dosing was super easy, and I got to use it basically twice.

It seems like you could maybe use it at about 160-165C and only vape the actual THC and mostly leave the other cannaboids for edibles. But at that level it feels like there's no actual vapor at that temp. Hoping that those new spacers help.

I was looking at this for a guide on temps:
    http://www.zamnesia.com/content/284-vaporizer-temperatures-for-cannabis

• On the subject of maximizing use of product, it seems like saving and drying the ISO that the glass is soaked in to leave the last bits. I had done this when making buddah awhile ago, when I used ISO to clean the caked on crystals off the coffee grinder. That worked great, a few days later and it was basically just a layer of white to scrape off with a razor blade, then sprinkle on a bowl and fly away.

When I tried it with the ISO in the cleaning jar, it ended up only ever getting to a sticky residue. Which makes sense since it's basically resin to begin with. Still smelled of ISO a bit, so I just washed it away down the sink.

It sounds like a couple people have tried this with everclear? Does that actually evaporate away completely? It seems like a little bit of everclear wouldn't be as bad to inhale as ISO, but I'm not sure.

Is smoking even the best way to capture that? Or would it eventually become kind of a tincture with everclear? Take a little jar every so often and top off with some fresh stuff.
Ooof. So many questions. Thanks for any help!

hereNT,

JamesTiberiousKirk

@Ratchett That box with the - 'Glass Spacers for use with the Ascent Vaporizer ... minimize bowl size ...weighted glass screen' - markings came inside a less telling plain outer package, right? Or I may need to break into my apartment managers office. :)

The spacers themselves look promising. Can't wait to play with them.

Top Bottom