Ascent Vaporizer by DaVinci

nigel

And shepherds we shall be,for Accuracy & Discovery
Ascent has become my go to portable.

It's pretty much my daily driver. Most of the time I want a session. And there's something very contemplative about holding a warm Ascent, sipping away for half an hour or more.
(I'll switch up when I want a different experience, or want a quick event.)

Greetings,
This post marks my read through nearly all of this threads 292 pages. Wow, lots of info.
When i ordered my Ascent during the recent BF sale i had them include a bottle of the "Energy" eJuice. I'm not into e-cigs (never smoked cigs) but that eJuice is fun stuff with the flavors and cloud of vapors. I put in just three drops of that stuff in a bowl and can have well over 5 minutes of flavor & clouds.

+2 Gold Stars for reading a thread through before posting! :)

I got all of their essential oils when I got my first Ascent. They are indeed fun and tasty.

IIRC, the first one I tried was "Energy" which had ginseng/ginger/something -- Something very strongly flavored. Needless to say, all of my subsequent "normal" hits tasted just like the oil, as the flavor was over powering. I think all of my friends kept wondering why my herb tasted like ginger. Ick.

Nowdays, I mess around with other herbs (rather than pre-packaged oils). I keep an extra Ascent strictly for everything else, so I don't have to worry about cleaning between product.

accrete

On the WET! Coast of Oregon
...+2 Gold Stars for reading a thread through before posting! :)

I got all of their essential oils when I got my first Ascent. They are indeed fun and tasty.

IIRC, the first one I tried was "Energy" which had ginseng/ginger/something -- Something very strongly flavored..

...Nowdays, I mess around with other herbs (rather than pre-packaged oils)...

Greetings Nigel and thx for the _reading_ kudos. My wife says my habit of reading a manual before use & asking for directions must be my feminine side showing through ;)

Reading the label on "Energy" it includes Organic PG, Guarana, Ginger, Green-Tea, and CoQ10 (Moderators....i hope i'm not breaking any forum rule...i didn't see that sort of data listed as a no-no in the rules. Edit if needed.) I agree on the strong taste. I'm also experimenting on temp range to use the eJuice in the Ascent. 390F was the first vapefuly-tasteful hit. Then i went up by 10 deg.F to 430F. and for me, the flavor peaked out at 410 and seemed to get a tad bit bitter? But still nice, just maybe past the sweet-spot.

While i would enjoy experimenting more with the eJuice idea, the various modes of transport that apparently must include either PG or VG sort of turns the purist in me off. I've been into hobby-level Apothecary for about 30 years since meeting my wife who was into it before we met. It's a fun past time, & now i can include vaping in the mix of methods of getting dry herbs into the ol'body.

Thom

SteadyChiefin

This is the time of year to buy a new vaporizer with all the sales, 20% off on the Davinci and accessories. This unit is a nice vaporizer to have in the lineup. With its digital temp and selection of any temp up to 430 degrees.

It gives your herb a very good vapor flavor. Kinda like savoring a fine wine. The Ascent I don't use for a quick session. I like to draw the session out.......

My fav temp range is from 375 to 390. I start out low and work my way up. What's your fav temp range?

I guess we could pair our cannabis and wine together? I've seen that on Leafly.

Definitely the time to buy if there ever was one. I think the best temperature range for the Ascent is between 375 and 400 depending on the consistency of the herbs and the desired session.

I like pairing my herbs with a drink or two. I find that I can feel the absorption of the alcohol happening when I am enjoying a vaporizer session. Pleasurable to say the least.

Mod note: Link to review site removed. Per rules: "No spamming. Please do not double-post or cross-post the same message in multiple locations."

Last edited by a moderator:
SteadyChiefin,
Reactions: KidFated.

MaryHappy

Here is my GREATEST question at the time of purchase, since I am a first time vaporizer user, and I think ANYONE who is wondering this question as I still do, is asking:

How do I know whether I will not be introducing any metallic, plastic, or rubber elements into my lungs?

If anything... I think this IS the question to ask since, if this were true, smoking out of a glass pipe or using a joint might be considered by others to be the healthier alternative, especially if your occupation deals have high levels of hazardous chemical dealing with rubber, plastics, paint, and such.

I could not find any information on this topic online after days of searching, and decided to ask the representative online what they thought, knowing they would have to say something positive, and decided to just go with it and buy it anyways. As far as I can see, the bowl is made of ceramic and the transport is made of glass. So if you taste no rubber or plastic, nor smell anything weird, you are fine.

If your device has been defectively made in such a way that the hole of the bottom chamber does not match perfectly with the hole on the top in perfect dimension, might I mention probably very rarely, a portion of the rubber? surrounding the heating bowl, may get introduced into the heating chamber equation, and you may introduce that black material surrounding your heating chamber into your lungs. So if you do taste a GOOD amount of something weird or smell something weird, immediately return it to get a new one. I do recall a few people mentioning having tasted or smelled rubber, and I can see why.

The easiest way to see just how much rubber? inhalation you are getting is by taking your glass stem and placing it directly over the ceramic heating chamber, like it would sit as if it were closed. Take a flashlight then shine it over too see how much light is able to pass through directly. Since the glass stem is not made of clear transparency, if you see any portion of the ceramic chamber on the bottom, that gives you an idea just how much space is being allowed to expose with the black rubber? when heating.

I think this is a flaw in design DaVinci probably knows about, the fact they they will try to get the bottom and top circle to perfectly match when closing, instead of just making the top circle larger with a larger glass stem.

The design of how the vapor from the ceramic bowl to your glass stem gets transported is very much comparable to how neurotransmitters send signals to our neurons. Imagine the bottom of this neuron to be the heating element, the neurotransmitters your vapor, the top neuron is your glass stem in which you will be inhaling the vapor.

neurotransmitter.jpg

The only difference is DaVinci tries to exactly match the upper nerve with the bottom nerve. So... as we know from Basic Physics Lab 1A, there is always that error of margin you get introduced into your result, no matter how many times, or what sophisticated tools you have.

Let's say, the dimensions from the top glass stem don't match the bottom circular ceramic chamber perfectly, and just imagine the white area in this picture to be the black rubber surrounding the chamber... that amount of error, or space as you will, gets introduced into your vapor concentration every hit you get. The more imperfect that circle is made, the more rubber gets exposed to the heating space and into your vapor. Especially at high temperatures like 390 in such an enclosed space.... you can imagine yourself inhaling a good amount of rubber if not made in perfect dimension, which nothing ever is.

As far as I can tell, all vaporizers will introduce something external into the vapor concentration equation... just look at V2 Pro Series 3 Loose Leaf Cartridge, hell, the bottom of the rubber cap even uses metal?:

v2pro_looseleaf.jpg

You can clearly see some of that black rubber? material will get exposed to the chamber space.

I advise to just continuously look at the black rubber area surrounding your chamber to see if there is any heat degradation, because if you see it, then you know you are introducing a large amount, rather than a minute amount, into your lungs.

But who's to say... when you smoke regularly using combustion with a glass pipe, joint, cigarette, whatever, you are still introducing external elements into your lungs in different variations, concentration, and amount and probably a lot other additional chemicals, and what say you will, into your lungs.

So yes, while you will be introducing some contamination, using the Ascent compared to a glass pipe or joint, vaporizing is still the much healthier alternative. Of course, the healthiest alternative would be not to smoke at all! :clap::nod::tup::cool::leaf:

Last edited:

mixchu69

It's pretty much my daily driver. Most of the time I want a session. And there's something very contemplative about holding a warm Ascent, sipping away for half an hour or more.
(I'll switch up when I want a different experience, or want a quick event.)

+2 Gold Stars for reading a thread through before posting! :)

IIRC, the first one I tried was "Energy" which had ginseng/ginger/something -- Something very strongly flavored. Needless to say, all of my subsequent "normal" hits tasted just like the oil, as the flavor was over powering. I think all of my friends kept wondering why my herb tasted like ginger. Ick.

Nowdays, I mess around with other herbs (rather than pre-packaged oils). I keep an extra Ascent strictly for everything else, so I don't have to worry about cleaning between product.
That is when you need the mighty if you want a quick session. I love my ascent and how big the bowl is. Like you said, it can be a 15 minute relaxing session. The mighty will get you medicated in 5 minutes, but the bowl size is too small. That is when I use my ascent. This portable must have laid some pretty bad eggs at the beginning of production to get such a bad reputation, but I bought mine this year and it's great.
Only if the mighty had the bowl size of the ascent.

MrNaturalAZ

Tree hugging dirt worshipper
That is when you need the mighty if you want a quick session.
For me, my MFLB is my go-to vape if I'm in a hurry and/or want to be able to vape a particularly small quantity of product. The Ascent, with its bigger bowl, is my choice for longer sessions, sharing, or out-and-about usage.

accrete

On the WET! Coast of Oregon
... I'm also experimenting on temp range to use the eJuice in the Ascent...
Thom

I sort of feel like the older Spock giving salutations to his younger self by quoting myself ;)

My wife has been slow to try vaping. For some reason i think it had some tailer-trash hippie sort of connection? HaHa. Funny since our home-on-wheels probably costs more than most homes in the area. But i digress... YESTERDAY SHE VAPED! I had put some of the "Energy" blend by DaVinci in the Ascent to tempt her into trying the rig out...about 30 minutes later she was asking how to refill the bowl. . . then she was seen googling "Organic e-Juice".

After that session she asked to try some of the dry blends. About two hours later she was cleaning up the Ascent. Up till yesterday should would lovingly jab me for my hour-long vape sessions!

Now she is hooked and looking forward to her first vape session in her Hennessy Hammock next spring. I'll be right next to her in my Warbonnet Blackbird vaping with the UD, Titan, or something else since apparently the Ascent is _hers_ now.

On the hammock camp set up note...?...a ponder. Since we have large AGM batteries and ability to recharge at camp and typically have citronella candles going (makes a nice night light after dark) i might experiment with the UD running some Eucalyptus anti-bug aromatherapy blend until we light the candles at night.

PS...I went down to the clubhouse (we call an RV/Golf Resort our current address) for a couple hours, came home to the DW vaping away on the Ascent. Yup; Hooked.

Last edited:

MaryHappy

Just received my new Ascent fellow long-time users, long time medicinal user myself, and wow... I was blown away!!

The device hits so smooth and is so easy to use! Talk about out of this world, I was definitely in another dimension last night! Haven't been like that in a long time!

You can definitely taste the herb like people mention previously, and you can definitely see air motion flowing from your mouth. Heck, I even coughed a few times, probably oblivious to the fact that I was hitting up a large number of herb particles in the form of vapor to saturate in my lungs.

I used it at 390 last night, and now I'll be trying 375-385 to see if there really is any significant difference. But either way, 390, still gave me a number of hits per session and was wonderful!

I didn't use the metal wire? that came included with the box and is supposedly to be placed near the heating chamber on the very bottom of the device. The way I see it, if you can buy herb in its shake form from local medicinal shops, which I do per visit, the shake pieces are not too big, nor too small, so that particles of herb come flying up your glass chamber and into your mouth, as previously mentioned. But I will have to continuously use it to verify this theory.

Physically, great piece of design, appearance, and size. I went to numerous websites and Youtube videos, trying my best to learn about this piece of equipment in the eyes of others, some giving me some more skepticism than others, but I would not take anything from the negative comments. Whatever positive comments were given, really just listen to that, because once you get your item and use it, you'll say to yourself, those people that said it was worth the buy and said nothing wrong about it, yup, they were right.

Thanks DaVinci for this product!

mixchu69

Just received my new Ascent fellow long-time users, long time medicinal user myself, and wow... I was blown away!!

The device hits so smooth and is so easy to use! Talk about out of this world, I was definitely in another dimension last night! Haven't been like that in a long time!

You can definitely taste the herb like people mention previously, and you can definitely see air motion flowing from your mouth. Heck, I even coughed a few times, probably oblivious to the fact that I was hitting up a large number of herb particles in the form of vapor to saturate in my lungs.

I used it at 390 last night, and now I'll be trying 375-385 to see if there really is any significant difference. But either way, 390, still gave me a number of hits per session and was wonderful!

I didn't use the metal wire? that came included with the box and is supposedly to be placed near the heating chamber on the very bottom of the device. The way I see it, if you can buy herb in its shake form from local medicinal shops, which I do per visit, the shake pieces are not too big, nor too small, so that particles of herb come flying up your glass chamber and into your mouth, as previously mentioned. But I will have to continuously use it to verify this theory.

Physically, great piece of design, appearance, and size. I went to numerous websites and Youtube videos, trying my best to learn about this piece of equipment in the eyes of others, some giving me some more skepticism than others, but I would not take anything from the negative comments. Whatever positive comments were given, really just listen to that, because once you get your item and use it, you'll say to yourself, those people that said it was worth the buy and said nothing wrong about it, yup, they were right.

Thanks DaVinci for this product!

I totally agree. People are more likely to share their negative experiences rather than the positive (I do it too!!!). I think it is part of human nature. You got a great looking ascent (when did that come out) in your profile picture. I bought mine in 2014 and only had 3 choices. I wish they have a trade in program so I can get a new design.

It is a great product for herbs but never learned how to use it with oils (tried covering the glass vials and leaving them open). I don't think it is hot enough To vaporize oils. If you learned how, please share. Thanks

Silvercloud538

~
I have luck with using wax in my Ascent. I wrap it in the herb and use 395+ heat and it works marvelous. Don't use the oil jars.

Bravo ,Kudos : first time hearing successful transition to herb/wax combo :clap::rockon:
( tolerance has interfered w/ proper medicating ) ~ As soon as unit arrives ,will

add some girlscout cookie BHO to herb ~ @CarolKing

,how much wax hav u been adding to 0.4 flower ?/?

T I A
'cloud

Silvercloud538,

CarolKing

Singer of songs and a vapor connoisseur
Using shatter or wax with the Ascent: I use just a small amount. Probably about the size of 1/4 a eraser at the end of a pencil size. Maybe even less than that. Experiment with what size works for you. I'm not sure the weight. I just know what it looks like. I roll it in the herb then I put some on top and on the bottom. I wipe out the oven with a qtip after, not much of a mess. I would not use wax by itself. You can wrap the wax in cotton too. I Prefer using the herb. I personally don't like the taste of wax and shatter. The taste of the herb overpowers the taste of the wax or shatter.

Kinda like a wax and herb sandwich. It don't use anything too runny. Lately I've been using shatter. Try and see what way works best for you. Tailor to your own needs.

Last edited:

Silvercloud538

Using shatter or wax with the Ascent: I use just a small amount. Probably about the size of 1/4 a eraser at the end of a pencil size. Maybe even less than that. Experiment with what size works for you. I'm not sure the weight. I just know what it looks like. I roll it in the herb then I put some on top and on the bottom. I wipe out the oven with a qtip after, not much of a mess. I would not use wax by itself. You can wrap the wax in cotton too. I Prefer using the herb. I personally don't like the taste of wax and shatter. The taste of the herb overpowers the taste of the wax or shatter.

Kinda like a wax and herb sandwich. It don't use anything too runny. Lately I've been using shatter. Try and see what way works best for you. Tailor to your own needs.

Agreed ,BHO needs outside flavors to neutralize any residual 'tane ~ Do you use

any screens/ spacers ?? ~ Me keeps all wax / shatters in freezer ,so runny is not an

issue ~ Thanks again CaroleKing ,can't wait for arrival of stealth and try out my

new med trip

mod note: Please avoid putting content inside quote tags. Fixed.

Silvercloud538,
Reactions: CarolKing

MaryHappy

Thanks I like my DaVinci too!
Actually that one you saw was my second option.
The one posted now is the one I really got.

Here's my vote.
If you think DaVinci should make their own personal lanyard too!
Something that gives you a little extra security.
Like that other circle that's not used for charging on the bottom.
A snap on in that area?
An extra leather case for the unit which also has a lanyard attachment?
Anything that might give you a little more security.

Make one with your logo and as solid does V2!
I'm sure you guys can do better than this.
Let us customize the design of it as well?

People would really think your Ascent was a phone in public not more than it already does.
You'd sell me out on the idea!
I'm sure a buncha other people as well!

10846201_1393902494239058_2926954946773596572_n.jpg

Last edited:
MaryHappy,
Reactions: CarolKing

Sativape

Agreed ,BHO needs outside flavors to neutralize any residual 'tane ~ Do you use

any screens/ spacers ?? ~ Me keeps all wax / shatters in freezer ,so runny is not an

issue ~ Thanks again CaroleKing ,can't wait for arrival of stealth and try out my

new med trip

mod note: Please avoid putting content inside quote tags. Fixed.

I used to like QWISO (that was both vacuum and heat purged simultaneously)... but it still doesn't seem right to me.

I know a lot of people who stopped dabbing too.

Unpressed bubble I find it the absolute purest, most flavorful format... in fact.. making a medley as I type.

Silvercloud538

I used to like QWISO (that was both vacuum and heat purged simultaneously)... but it still doesn't seem right to me.

I know a lot of people who stopped dabbing too.

Unpressed bubble I find it the absolute purest, most flavorful format... in fact.. making a medley as I type.

Presuming the Bubble/ herb medley will be for Ascent ,can one medley any type hash

( ie.,crumble ) ??

Silvercloud538,

MaryHappy

I am still amazed just how faded you can get using a Vap.
So far with every use, I wake and say to myself,
"Oh snap. What'd I do last night? i hope nothing all too stupid. Wow... i was gone. Can't believe how high I was."
A word of advice to new vaporizer users, you may want to try using the Ascent a few times by yourself at the comfort of your own home, until you get used to the concentration you are taking in.
Instead of say that 35% herbal content you are used to getting from burning, you are probably getting 95% of the content from vaping, which might explain why people have mentioned you get so much more high with a vaporizer.
All that means, 3X the concentration, and 3X the effect. Be safe during your transition!
You will notice a difference with your high, and when it hits you, you're already gone from the start.... like a Game 4 NLDS, Bryce Harper on Hunter Strickland, bye bye baby, home run... it's outta here upper deck HR.
Don't get me wrong, I love my Bay Area Giants. Go Giants!
I guess this shows just how much more herbal content you can partake in without all the additional extracts from burning.
Some might say combusting and vaping are two different highs. Yeah, vaping is way more concentrated. Better! and Pure! You can feel its affects.
The fact that I still wake up, completely dehydrated from a night of vaping, just without all the oral and respiratory irritation (the effect I used to get from combusting), says a lot of the high you will get.
Vaping is definitely the way to go. Ftw.

Last edited:
MaryHappy,

CarolKing

When using the wax or shatter with the herb I do use a few of the glass flowers. They do get a little messy. I use the same ones over again. I bought a large quantity of the glass flowers. If too dirty after awhile I just toss. They break easy from the high temps occasionally.

They are through Amazon.com.

• 81Du5JrDn2L._SX425_.jpg
Touch the image to zoom in

40+ Glass Flower/Daisy Screens For Pipes [40 Pcs w/ 2 Small Containers]

Last edited:

Silvercloud538

When using the wax or shatter with the herb I do use a few of the glass flowers. They do get a little messy. I use the same ones over again. I bought a large quantity of the glass flowers. If too dirty after awhile I just toss. They break easy from the high temps occasionally.

It will be stupendous if you could remit the addy of glass flowers source ~

BTW ,w/ anticipation of arrival ,hav prepared frozen wax for '"sandwiching"' effect you mentioned ~ taking @ 0.2 wax ,rolling between fingers 'til softening ~ next ,roll a fine ,long line ,and pinch off @ 6 pitballs ,then refreeze ( too soft not easy to work ) ~ after @ 10 mins will lay out 1st layer herb over oven bottom ,spreading @ 3 wax balls evenly across ~ following 2nd layer flower by spreading remainder wax balls ~ then topping off w/ 3rd layer ~ of course a couple glass flowers being better ~
What is your opinion ?/?

TIA
sc_

Silvercloud538,

CarolKing

I don't like the Ascent car charger the cord is too short. It's ok to charge but if your passenger wants to vape while plugged in, it's not going to happen. We've talked about that in this thread. It could even be for legal reasons?

My 90 year old mom thought the Ascent looked like an electric shaver once. She was real with it and was very sharp. It does! Right on mom.
7117dtf7iUL._SY355_.jpg

Last edited:
Top Bottom