Ascent Vaporizer by Da Vinci (pre-sale thread)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Adobewan

Hi All,
So psyched to have received my Da Vinci so quickly. I've started charging it but noticed there is a 16th of an inch gap where the charger cord plugs into the unit and there is no indicator on the unit to tell me it's charging. It may be ok, I'll know in a few hours if it charged, but thought I'd ask the forum.
I posted this in the Da Vinci thread as well. Hope that isn't a violation.
TIA!
Adobewan

mod note: It's called cross posting, and it is against the rules. Please do not double-post or cross-post the same message in multiple locations.

Adobewan,
Reactions: Sonics420

Vaporito

Hi All,
So psyched to have received my Da Vinci so quickly. I've started charging it but noticed there is a 16th of an inch gap where the charger cord plugs into the unit and there is no indicator on the unit to tell me it's charging. It may be ok, I'll know in a few hours if it charged, but thought I'd ask the forum.
I posted this in the Da Vinci thread as well. Hope that isn't a violation.
TIA!
Adobewan

Adobewan, if its like the Davinci, you need have it in the on position to charge... Then the battery indicator keeps "flashing" until its done charging. Also I believe you'll be able to use it if plugged in as well... So if its not turned on, it might not even be charging at all...

Not sure what you mean by the gap.... Any chance you can,post some pics or videos?

I just checked and my davinci has a similar gap between the base of the plug and the socket....

I bet you need to have it on to charge...

mod note: Please avoid back-to-back posts, use Edit instead. Two posts merged.

Vaporito,

the ob

all good in the hood.
Who said May 1st?
It says it on both sites selling it I think.

So this might sound like a dumb question, but is there any reason to buy the current model with the new one coming out?

I mean isn't the new model a improvement on the old one?

mod note: Please avoid back-to-back posts, use Edit instead. Two posts merged.

the ob,

Vaporito

Uhm, i believe the did or will be lowering the price on the davinci... Also not being glass... It might be more sturdy if you tend to drop. Things....

Vaporito,
Reactions: the ob

the ob

all good in the hood.
Thanks vaporito. That makes sense.

I did not know he price before but it's 199.00 now.

the ob,

Matogdw

Hi Matogdw,

Welcome to the forum and the thread!

Of course you can buy it online and we will ship to Brazil, but I also have a few distributors around there which will eventually have the product. This will save you on shipping costs, but I won't be giving them the Ascent until June-July.

Note that NOBODY, has product yet. Once it is on the way...like in the air, I will surely let everyone know. You'll see it first in this thread.

Have your friend stop by and see me at ExpoGrow- I have a few Ascent's with me to show off :)

I didn't plan the Expo, this is part of a larger one that happens in Spain every year, also a lot of fun, but if there ever is one in Brazil, count me in!

Thanks for your reply !

I dont like to wait so I will buy it online!

Did you know how many time it takes to get the product in my hand one time I buy it online?

Should be great if I can choose an international quick delivery like 4/5 days (of course more money), but faster.

Thanks again,

M.

Matogdw,

Adobewan

Adobewan, if its like the Davinci, you need have it in the on position to charge... Then the battery indicator keeps "flashing" until its done charging. Also I believe you'll be able to use it if plugged in as well... So if its not turned on, it might not even be charging at all...
I just checked and my davinci has a similar gap between the base of the plug and the socket....
I bet you need to have it on to charge...

Thanks for your spot on help Vaporito, pass through is great news!
I guess I need to clarify to all.
I received the Da Vinci, not the Ascent. I don't believe the Ascent is out yet.

So this might sound like a dumb question, but is there any reason to buy the current model with the new one coming out?

I'm new to Da Vinci, only held mine so far, not actually used, but based on that, I will say this is one beautifully built piece. Sturdy, it's got some weight, an elegant yet durable finish, and the hinge is smooth and strong thanks to the magnet. There was a time the Da Vinci was on my radar, then fell off for a forgotten reason. Then the Ascent was announced and, like many, my attention has been focused solely on that. I asked myself the same question, is this replacing the DV?
Well at this point I'll say, if the performance is on par with the physical design, the DV should be well worth having in any vape collection.
Once it's charged(it's been charging with the power off, I might make that clearer in the manual), I'll give it the once around and report back.

Adobewan,

Herbal Ant

Since so many of you participated in building this awesome product, what I am going to do, is to offer you all a free Gog adapter with preregistration and purchase of the Ascent. I should have the preregistration page up by Friday...or so my web guy tells me. This will enable you all to get in line for purchase and then I'll send all registrants a promo code to get the adapter with purchase

Thank you for your generosity DV, that is very awesome of you. I was wondering though, any chance we could pick between two promo codes, maybe something besides the Gog? :D If not no biggie, just thought I would ask for those of us that prolly won't use it much, I shall go back to worshiping now.:bowdown:

Herbal Ant,

teresa

I watched the video from Da Vinci showing the ascent in use. I have one concern about the oil can. the hole in the top seems very small, i cant see much vapor coming from it. Has any one else noticed this. of course we won't know if this will be a problem until it's out and we get some reviews on it.

teresa,

Vaporito

So how's the GOG adapter like what is it for?...

Hopefully, the pre-order page will be up today as was mentioned a few posts earlier... *keeping fingers crossed*

Vaporito,

hitnrun

I watched the video from Da Vinci showing the ascent in use. I have one concern about the oil can. the hole in the top seems very small, i cant see much vapor coming from it. Has any one else noticed this. of course we won't know if this will be a problem until it's out and we get some reviews on it.

The DaVinci oil cans are built the same way (tiny hole on top), and allow plenty of vapor to pass. By way of an example, have you ever seen smoke coming from a chimney? That's a pretty small hole compared to the size of the house. The short answer to your question: NO.

hitnrun,

Red Indy

Low carbon PSYCHONAUT
After watching that demo video of the Ascent I was wondering if this can be used in the same way as the Arizer-Solo, which is so versatile that it can easily be used icw any bubbler or other water tool.

Red Indy,

PoopFights

Signed up for the site just for the preregistration. Been lurking for awhile and wanted to thank you guys for the good info. Currently have a whispr and a puffit, looking forward to the upgrade. Was a button click away from buying the original davinci but decided to hold out for this

PoopFights,
Reactions: ShipDit
Signed up for the site just for the preregistration. Been lurking for awhile and wanted to thank you guys for the good info. Currently have a whispr and a puffit, looking forward to the upgrade. Was a button click away from buying the original davinci but decided to hold out for this
Welcome to FC,the best place for Vape info and poop fights on the 'net!

Vaporito

After watching that demo video of the Ascent I was wondering if this can be used in the same way as the Arizer-Solo, which is so versatile that it can easily be used icw any bubbler or other water tool.

I guess that's where the GOG adapter mentioned earlier comes in... just wondering how it would work, I guess i would get attached to the glass mouth piece on the ascent?

Vaporito,

NiScRo

Hello Everyone! Long time reader, first time poster. I've been following this thread since post one. Just wanted to send a huge thanks out to everyone who has been posting and Davinci for the news updates. The Ascent purchase would be my first ever adventure into the realm of vaporizers and from the looks of it... I won't be let down!

Question: What kind I packaging will the Ascent be shipped in? I'm perfectly aware that this is entirely legal, but I live in an apartment complex and if UPS/FEDEX decides to drop it off at the clubhouse because I'm not home, I don't want any one suspicious about what goes down in NiScRo's apartment.

NiScRo,

Arfsdad

Hello Everyone! Long time reader, first time poster. I've been following this thread since post one. Just wanted to send a huge thanks out to everyone who has been posting and Davinci for the news updates. The Ascent purchase would be my first ever adventure into the realm of vaporizers and from the looks of it... I won't be let down!

Question: What kind I packaging will the Ascent be shipped in? I'm perfectly aware that this is entirely legal, but I live in an apartment complex and if UPS/FEDEX decides to drop it off at the clubhouse because I'm not home, I don't want any one suspicious about what goes down in NiScRo's apartment.

It is used for the healthy consumption of tobacco, a legal substance.

Arfsdad,

bluemonkey

Hey man welcome,
Think your making a good choice,

Though i have never ordered directly from davinci, from my experience with these companies i have found they are usually fairly discreet, a classic brown box seems to be the standard,

You can just see a box in this video, (
)
though this will be a internal box so probably not the external packaging.
Any paperwork usually refers to the contents as a aromatherapy/tobacco device

i can only suggest that you maybe add a note to your order,
although they are very active on this thread so you may get a response from them

bluemonkey,

NiScRo

Hey man welcome,
Think your making a good choice,

Though i have never ordered directly from davinci, from my experience with these companies i have found they are usually fairly discreet, a classic brown box seems to be the standard,

You can just see a box in this video, (
)
though this will be a internal box so probably not the external packaging.
Any paperwork usually refers to the contents as a aromatherapy/tobacco device

i can only suggest that you maybe add a note to your order,
although they are very active on this thread so you may get a response from them

Thanks for the response Monkey. I am primarily concerned with the external packaging. As long as it is brown box with a standard sticker, I'll be happy. Its not the legality I'm truly concerned about. It is nosy maintenance folks who are more than aware that this product could be used for other reasons. I just don't want anyone with a key to the apartment to go looking for my super skunky stash...

NiScRo,

nigel

And shepherds we shall be,for Accuracy & Discovery
It says it on both sites selling it I think.

Ah! It is going to take a little while for devices to get into distribution channels (although I suspect May might be and over-estimation). If you want it right away, order directly from the company.

One would hope that every companies' new model is an improvement on the old one. :)

I personally was ready to buy the DaVinci (literally minutes away) when I found out about the Ascent, and decided it was worth the wait. The all glass path, better battery, different form factor, programmable temp patterns, etc. were all incentives.

Of course on the other hand, buying right out of the gate an "untested" product, one assumes the risks of undiscovered bugs/issues. But, personally, I think that to be a minimal risk, and the company has a good track record with their previous customers, so I'm not that concerned.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom