Ascent Vaporizer by Da Vinci (pre-sale thread)

Status
Not open for further replies.

EveryDayAmnesiac

I don't know, amnesiac, but I would doubt this would come out. The reason the Solo has one is due to the lack of functionality built into the first one.

Okay. Thanks, sticks! I'll keep watching, but I won't get my hopes up. :tup:

I sent a message asking if the re-charge rate is greater then the usage drain.

Thanks, Slightly Medicated! Would one want a greater recharge rate for the Ascent's battery?

EveryDayAmnesiac,

Medical Mark

sticks what is the VAP2.0 vape?
i cant compare if im not familiar with it but im interested, what make ? name ?

Medical Mark,

stickstones

Vapor concierge
Vapolution 2.0 -- go check it out. It's my personal mission to have one installed in every home in North America for $100 each. If every person used this as their first vape there would be a lot less shit out there.

nigel

And shepherds we shall be,for Accuracy & Discovery
sticks what is the VAP2.0 vape?
i cant compare if im not familiar with it but im interested, what make ? name ?
Vapolution 2.0 -- go check it out. It's my personal mission to have one installed in every home in North America for $100 each. If every person used this as their first vape there would be a lot less shit out there.

Mark/Sticks -- Where did this question come from? Did sticks make a comparison between the Vapolution2.0 and the Ascent? I've gone back a few pages and I'm not seeing it (could be a coffee deficiency on my part).

I have the 1.0 (not tried the 2.0 but I can't imagine they are too far apart), so any comparisons to the Ascent is relevant to my interests.

nigel,

stickstones

Vapor concierge
I've been posting that every time I try to compare the taste of the Ascent to another unit the VAP2 is what comes to mind first...and that's the best tasting unit I've ever used. So, ultimately, it is a compliment to the Ascent of the highest order.

That more vaporists don't get this reference is a sad testament to how overlooked that vape is.

MidwestBeast

recently but constantly Vaked
I sent a message asking if the re-charge rate is greater then the usage drain.

I would assume yes as my DaVinci v2 can be dead.. then I plug it in and while vaping the whole time it will eventually reach max charge.. and it doesn't seem to take any longer to charge then when not using it.. but after vaping for a few hours constantly the screen gets hot on the side next to the bowl and turns black.. scared me the first time it happened but when it cools down its fine.. again this was the improved DA Vinci original model not the ascent but battery and charing are probably similar..

Does the original DV charger work with the ascent and visa versa.. or are they not compatible

MidwestBeast,
Reactions: nigel

Dreamerr

Always in a state of confusion and silliness♀
That is great on the size of the load sticks. So approximately 3-4 solo stems worth is a full load?

Dreamerr,

nigel

And shepherds we shall be,for Accuracy & Discovery
I've been posting that every time I try to compare the taste of the Ascent to another unit the VAP2 is what comes to mind first...and that's the best tasting unit I've ever used. So, ultimately, it is a compliment to the Ascent of the highest order.

That more vaporists don't get this reference is a sad testament to how overlooked that vape is.

Oh, I probably saw it every time, and it just didn't translate in my head into a vape I was familiar with.

I really do like my 1.0, especially with friends. But it's a little overkill just by myself, and its 7(?8??) years old, hence why I was in the market for a new one, which brought me here, and to the Ascent as a great candidate.

So thanks for the comparison (now that I know what it means ;) ) as I know exactly what you mean about the taste!

Does the original DV charger work with the ascent and visa versa.. or are they not compatible

I have in the wiki this "The current DaVinci car charger does indeed work with the Ascent" so if the car charger works, I'd imagine the output of the wall-warts are not too off.

nigel,

Davinci_vaporizer

Clean First Technology
Manufacturer
Regarding the oil jars...personally I prefer them with the lid off for harder oils and with the lid on for softer oils...not sure why this is, I just like the vapor production better and the lack of restriction.

Also, the DaVinci charger can be used with the Ascent...except that you can't use it while charging with the DV charger. Something to do with the power I assume. I'm looking into the recharge rate for you guys.

I plan on moving this thread today too...

On the Munch

Shrike...you are right. Munch appears to working on his zero gravity oil unit

It would work the same as the original Da Vinci cans. I put straight kief (chunky brown pieces broken up, not liquidy oil. I'm not sure if I'm using the right nickname for that) on its own in the cans so it doesn't gunk up the unit. Nothing seems to leak out from the bottom hole and the air that comes up helps vape my stuff.
I think without that bottom hole, the glass jars would just work with conduction and not provide good results for the material I'm using.
Sticks you've never tried a straight bowl of that without bud? It's really tasty and a great effect. It's not the cheapest way though.

On the Munch,

stickstones

Vapor concierge
It would work the same as the original Da Vinci cans. I put straight kief (chunky brown pieces broken up, not liquidy oil. I'm not sure if I'm using the right nickname for that) on its own in the cans so it doesn't gunk up the unit. Nothing seems to leak out from the bottom hole and the air that comes up helps vape my stuff.
I think without that bottom hole, the glass jars would just work with conduction and not provide good results for the material I'm using.
Sticks you've never tried a straight bowl of that without bud? It's really tasty and a great effect. It's not the cheapest way though.

I've done a mini bowl of kief in the Ascent and loved it. You can do the kief without the can using a little herb sandwich or cotton.

stickstones,
Reactions: Shrike

Dreamerr

Always in a state of confusion and silliness♀
Yes, if you are going to pack that sucker full.

That is great news actually cause you know I will fill it as long as it doesn't just waste the material I am all in. Just so people know a solo stem is about the same as the original DV load and the PN. The INH is double the INH/DV. Maybe that will give some more a visual and thanks sticks cause I need a visual.

The fact that two solo stems worth works very well and even one solo stem worth works ok is really a huge plus and should squash small loads comments but then again some use shorties in solos which I can't even comprehend.

On the Munch

I've done a mini bowl of kief in the Ascent and loved it. You can do the kief without the can using a little herb sandwich or cotton.

Thanks for the info dude. You're obviously loving that cotton trick lol.
If you ever try using the glass jar for a straight bowl of kief, please let me know how it works out. That's how I would be using it. I usually don't buy any herb and the cotton seems like a bit of a hassle when out in public.

On the Munch,
Reactions: BLAZING OG

hellomyfrients

thread today too...

Thanks for all the insight and support provided in this thread. As the owner of an original DaVinci who initially didn't really like it due to the taste, the surprising level of customer service provided by this company means my credit card balance is probably going to grow a little bit shortly!

Nesta

I just lightly filled a bowl and packed it down to about a third full. Then had a full session on 190C and felt really good sativa type effects. Not thick vapor, but great effects.

Hi Folks, I've been lurking around since February when I bought my first vape. I leaned on FC for information to help me select one [I got the Extreme Q & am now considering a portable]. Though I started combusting in the 1960's & switched mainly to edibles in the 80's, I'm not a heavy user. I was subject to urine testing until I retired recently, & got high maybe once a month. Since I got this new machine I've been finding ways to work it into my personal rituals once a week. Still, my tolerance is pretty low. And I'm an isolated user -as I've grown older the number of friends I have who get high has dwindled to just about zero. So thank you FC for the valuable info that would be, otherwise, unavailable to me.
[I'm getting to a question here...] I enjoy the high from Sativas but I live in an east coast state without medical cannabis, & being somewhat isolated, variety is hard to come by. Most of the time I just take what I can get. A few of sticksstones & SliM's recent posts have me thinking that I stumbled onto one of the secrets of vaping. I hope I'm not out of line asking this question in this forum, with one of my first posts, especially to a moderator- [I've looked around FC a bit & found some references, but I'm still not clear]. I'm beginning to understand that you can modify the effects of the herb by using lower or higher temperatures. Specifically, can you vape an Indica or an Indica dominant hybrid at lower temperatures and get the effects of a Sativa? ...As if you were using a Sativa? And vice versa, vaping a Sativa @ higher temps to get Indica effects?
To tell you the truth, I've been getting blasted, any way I've cooked it so far: high or low temps. Bag or whip. I probably just can't tell the subtleties yet. But I'd like to hear your opinions.

mod note: Edited to fix quoting. Please be careful with your quote tags.

Nesta,

WakeAndVape

VapeLife X

(Hope this isnt too far off topic) never seen the vap2, but have an extra hundo to spend along with getting an ascent...might have to aquire one if highly recommended?
My other question is how do the strenght of the glass of the ascent compare to the mflb??? Interested because I have become an expert breaker of mflb stems...lol

WakeAndVape,
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom