Ascent Vaporizer by Da Vinci (pre-sale thread)

Status
Not open for further replies.

nigel

And shepherds we shall be,for Accuracy & Discovery
I don't think VapeLifeWill gave the product enough testing to figure out the most efficient way to use the device before doing the review.

I don't think he packs his right. I don't need t stir mine at all really.

Yup. Was trying to suggest that previously. And I don't think our three people have that all 100% figured out yet either... YET. :) But at least you guys are trying.

Mine does not have any rubber taste/essence.

Thank you. THR reported one just a few minutes ago but indicated it was only present for the first few uses. I'm going to chalk that up to "new car smell" until I hear otherwise. :)

His example of using the stems outside of the device was not very accurate in reprinting how tight/loose the airflow is.

THank you for stating that more clearly than I did.

A pretty bad review in my book. Perfect example of jumping the gun before you have a chance to understand what you have in front of you. Personally I like to use the product a little longer before I do a review.
Yup. That's why I'm paying way more attention to what our 3 people have to say... even if we have to wait a bit more for experience base to grow. :)

nigel,
Reactions: Dreamerr

SiDankies

I have done 375F on a medium pack and it works fine for me. When I packed it down it was about half full... maybe a little more. Provided the type of effect I expected. Tasted good.

I don't think VapeLifeWill gave the product enough testing to figure out the most efficient way to use the device before doing the review.

I don't think he packs his right. I don't need t stir mine at all really.

He also breaths too quickly.

Mine does not have any rubber taste/essence.

There is a bit of a silicone deal between the glass stems on the upper and lower portion of the device. This helps reduce the excess airflow. His example of using the stems outside of the device was not very accurate in reprinting how tight/loose the airflow is.

His little thing that says pick up a competitors at my store is not very classy :( A pretty bad review in my book. Perfect example of jumping the gun before you have a chance to understand what you have in front of you. Personally I like to use the product a little longer before I do a review.

Sorry :myday:
I agree his review was crappy. He is an Arizer fanboy.

SM, can it produce tasty, thick clouds at 375, like apparently the Solo can?(I've never used a Solo, so I have no idea).

I too want to know this.

SiDankies,

Slightly Medicated

(SliM) Iron Lungs
I just did a session at with .15 grams at 375 the entire time. I packed the herbs down as tight as I could. I got about 10-15 hits off of it. Visible vapor production. Tasty... the strain I have "The White" has a nice OG funk with a piney/lemon/mint taste.

For fun I decided to stir towards the end. I got a couple more visible vapor exhales from that.

I imagine a pully loaded bowl would produce thicker clouds.

Also can someone help me quantify... thick clouds means different things to people. What are you looking for it to compare to?

stickstones

Vapor concierge
lwien...the first thing I did after using two lightly packed bowls was holler at DV, SliM and THR so see what was up. I told DV this thing didn't appear to be hitting the temps displayed. DV said they checked each one first before shipping and they were all within one to two degrees. THR was feeling what I was. Then SliM chimed in with his Pax pack experience and it all changed. So I thought the temps were off at first as well. But now I don't. Every vape has its idiosyncrasies and this one is no different. I am convinced it is in the technique.

It's tough to compare abv from home units to portable units because most portables have more conduction that darkens the herb. So while my Ion could hit a high temp and have tan duff, all of my portables get it a lot darker at lower temps. The taste of this unit makes me think it is running a little cool, but the effects confirm the temp. The high temps make me more sleepy. I think this is why the VAP2 keeps coming to mind for me when using this thing. That vape is entirely all glass and always tastes good unless you leave the bowl in there to cook. The Ascent always tastes good, even when fully cooking the herb, and only starts to turn when I let it sit for a while without hitting it (just like my VAP2).

hey THR, maybe hit up vapelife will with the tips for getting the most out of the ascent tht you 3 have come up with so far so we can see if his opinion of the device differs any in the 2nd review he has planned, totally up to u tho (id be just as happy, if not happier, to just see all your thoughts, tips, etc expressed in your own review, and THEN he can watch it and learn with the rest of us)... thinking about it tho, him planning a 'follow-up review' as he called it, may suggest what SliM and others have said about his testing

here<=and=>there,
Reactions: Bamafan86

Chill Dude

I just did a session at with .15 grams at 375 the entire time. I packed the herbs down as tight as I could. I got about 10-15 hits off of it. Visible vapor production. Tasty... the strain I have "The White" has a nice OG funk with a piney/lemon/mint taste.

Slim, thanks for doing that test. That's exactly what I wanted to hear! If I can load .15g ( tightly packed) and get moderate cloud production and nicely medicated with the Ascent in the 375 to 400 degree range, I'm a happy dude. YOU THE MAN SLIM.....

I like your taste as well. The White is an excellent strain. One of my personal favs...

SiDankies

For fun I decided to stir towards the end. I got a couple more visible vapor exhales from that.

I imagine a pully loaded bowl would produce thicker clouds.

Also can someone help me quantify... thick clouds means different things to people. What are you looking for it to compare to?

Solo clouds. Also hows the conduction convection ? Can you space out your hits? Does it cook when its off and in your pocket?

Also slim when is a vid coming ???

SiDankies,

nigel

Solo clouds. Also hows the conduction convection ? Can you space out your hits? Does it cook when its off and in your pocket?

Also slim when is a vid coming ???

In thread. In thread. In thread. Not specifically in thread, but indirect information is. Vids in thread.

Reading is fundamental.

Slightly Medicated

(SliM) Iron Lungs
Okay I thought I would do another test. I made a video this time.

I set the temp to 375F

I packed it tight. I think I put about .4-.5 in somewhere around there.

Mine is starting to get a bit of a taste to it, not rubbery. More like dirty... the glass tubes could be cleaned.

Bad lighting.... just used my cell phone.

PS: I cough at the end, so turn your speakers down.

I could have gotten more hits out of the bowl, but I already had enough for my personal needs.

Hope that helps give you an idea of what it can do around 375F with a tight pack.

Dreamerr

Always in a state of confusion and silliness♀
All portables will cook the herb if left alone.

Slim and sticks I think those last few posts cleared up most if not all the questions. I am looking forward to your final thoughts and reviews in whenever a week or so.

I love that all three reviewers are sharing as you are learning even though we bitch about this and that. We have to live through you and are trying to make you all puppets which none of you are. Thanks for being so generous with your thoughts and trials.

nigel

More like dirty... the glass tubes could be cleaned.

Dreamerr has already noted the one mention of cleaning. Now here is a second.

Can you give us an idea of how the airpath is holding up after X uses? {perhaps a pic of how much cleaning it requires?)

nigel,
Reactions: Dreamerr

SiDankies

I set the temp to 375F

Mine is starting to get a bit of a taste to it, not rubbery. More like dirty... the glass tubes could be cleaned.

I could have gotten more hits out of the bowl, but I already had enough for my personal needs.

Hope that helps give you an idea of what it can do around 375F with a tight pack.

Perfect thanks Slim

SiDankies,

Slightly Medicated

(SliM) Iron Lungs
Cleaning the glass tubes is pretty simple. The hardest part is the little triangle part of the glass screen. A pipe cleaner helps. I did an alternating wash of hot water and ISO and it comes clean pretty quickly. I cleaned it after 3 uses the first time and have not cleaned it since. Lost track of how many bowls, but it has been since sometime Friday evening. I could go a little longer and still use the stems fine... I just feel like the taste would probably be cleaner with more regular use.

Slightly Medicated,
Reactions: Chill Dude

Jimmy

slightly medicated's video confirms in my mind that this is the best portable. it works well with low and high temps. decent with big and small loads. oil jars. all glass. great design and features. sleek and amazing battery. idk what vapelifes talkin bout it looks great. if i had any doubts before there gone. i will definately get one!

Jimmy,

nigel

Cleaning the glass tubes is pretty simple. The hardest part is the little triangle part of the glass screen. A pipe cleaner helps. I did an alternating wash of hot water and ISO and it comes clean pretty quickly. I cleaned it after 3 uses the first time and have not cleaned it since. Lost track of how many bowls, but it has been since sometime Friday evening. I could go a little longer and still use the stems fine... I just feel like the taste would probably be cleaner with more regular use.

SLiM --

Just to be clear: NOT asking how easy it is to clean. (Although, thank you for that information. I think that confirms what we anticipated.)

Rather, was asking if it NEEDED to be cleaned. And what I hear you saying is that flavor is most likely adversely affected by ~48hr use. Please correct me if I misunderstood.

But it doesn't sound like a bad idea to take a stem set out, toss it in ISO, and grab the fresh cleaned set. So maybe rotating the two sets every few days? (Although I think you(SLiM) go both big, and high temp, so perhaps others could go longer?)

Initially, I had thought the second set was the "for when I accidentally drop stems on the sidewalk" set, but I'm gathering from what I've heard better to keep swapping them out so one always has a clean set waiting in the wings.
:)

nigel,

Shrike

Flower Potted, Maxed, & Rio'd.
I'll probably pick up extra glass stems and filters. Like the ELB's for the Cloud, it is nice to always have clean ones while throwing the dirty ones in Iso as needed.

I think with the flavors of the all glass pathway, we will notice a flavor degradation quicker as per SliM's input.

Shrike,
Reactions: nigel

Slightly Medicated

(SliM) Iron Lungs
I would say it depends on the users preferences.

You are going to start to get a degradation of flavor before you will get any gumming up and sticking of the stems. So keeping it sparking clean is more a taste preference then necessity of function.

So some peopel might want to clean every 3 sessions to make sure they get the most pure flavor.

Some might want to clean every 8 bowls once it starts to state a little dirty.

Some might only clean it once the movement of the stems start to gum up... not sure if that will happen or how many bowls it would take.

Personally, I would probably clean every 5-10 sessions depending on how the flavor is being affected. I don't think I would do the rotating of the stems, but that is a personal preference.

nigel

You are going to start to get a degradation of flavor before you will get any gumming up and sticking of the stems.

Thank you.

I do not own one of the other popular portable units that users claim requires constant cleaning. As I do not own one, I can only infer that it is more of usability issue on that device. On the Ascent, as you indicate, the biggest detriment is to flavor, not usability. That is good to know.

nigel,

Yoshimattsu

VapelifeWill also mentioned they would be releasing to the public at "the end of the month" can someone confirm this? I was hoping for like this coming week...

Yoshimattsu,

nigel

VapelifeWill also mentioned they would be releasing to the public at "the end of the month" can someone confirm this? I was hoping for like this coming week...

:horse::horse::horse::horse::horse:

If you can bother to post a question, you can bother to read a thread first to see that A) not only has this been beaten to death, but B) they mods have already deleted comments and told people not to post this.

Seriously, please learn to read a thread.

Shrike

Flower Potted, Maxed, & Rio'd.
I agree, SliM...everyone will approach it differently depending on their preferences.

For me, when things are easy to clean, I usually clean more often. When they're hard, I tend to procrastinate. These seem like they will be easy...hence...:)

lwien

I set the temp to 375F

Thanks much for the vid, SM, but I got a question. You put in close to a half a gram. :o For me, that's a LOT. Does it take that kind of quantity to get the hits you got at 375?

I'm so fucking spoiled from my PD, but I could get a 3 to 4 nice clouds with 2 PD stems in the LSV and that would amount to .050. PD was even less. I wouldn't expect the same from the Ascent, being that it's a portable, but still, a half a gram is a lot, no?

lwien,
Reactions: vorrange

BigBurlyBill

Burly Member
Wow! Thanks for your help!
This has just been asked and repeated many times. Of course, it is different context, but the idea is that there is no certain date yet. Only DV can announce a date. With the test units going out, it is highly likely that we'll see a release very soon, but there is not set date as of this time. :myday:

If I recall, I heard mention that the pre-sale would be up next week, but this wasn't confirmed. Next week would be great, but the end of the month isn't so bad either. :tup:

BigBurlyBill,

Yoshimattsu

I was really only asking in the context that Vapelife gave a date... So my question was really only meant for the people who, like Will, got review copies, and were maybe privy to some sort of additional information, I apologize for any confusion...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom