• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Ascent Vaporizer by Da Vinci (pre-sale thread)

Status
Not open for further replies.

JoeKickass

Word, cant wait to put mine up against the Cera EO.. I wouldve been droppin all types of wax in there, thats what I am most interested in ATM.
To be honest I wouldn't expect it to be better than the cera eo, the eo core just has so much heating area, whereas this is heating a glass bottle (like the Eclipse Vape I think) but I never tried an oil vape like that, and with the Asecent's temp control it might be good :D

stickstones

Vapor concierge
At the moment, we are making too much of the bowl size. The only reason it came up is because I couldn't get a good hit off a loosely packed bowl and I am a miser. The fact that I can get to where I want with cotton, coupled with the results SliM is getting, combined with the success of the Pax makes me think we don't need to sweat this at all. You want smaller loads, use cotton or a spacer. You want big loads, pack it in there. The point is that it can do it all.

Trust me, I want to try this oil I am making as bad as you guys do!

Slightly Medicated

(SliM) Iron Lungs
does it work good at low temps like 365-380.? i prefer lower temps usually. how much does it smell if you leave a half vaped bowl in it for later?
Worked fine at 375F for me the one time I tried it. Personally, it gave me a very strong more Sativa like buzz. Vapor produciotn was nice and not harsh at all.

The smell question is too objective to be properly answered. I will say I finished my session at the ballet had it in my front shirt pocket and got no complains.
After i get an ascent I plan on using my dremel skills to pop a few holes in the bottom of an oil can (very carefully) to see if it'll work as a reducer for smaller loads. I'm sure the temp will have to be cranked to make up for the added wall thickness in the heating chamber, but it should work in a pinch for a pinch!

Carful with that plan. I am not sure you will have much sucess drilling through the glass. Pretty delicate job and I think the drimmle might cause things to crack.

I also think using the oil can as a spacer or bowl for the flowers is not a really good idea. I think people are going to get reduced vapor production, efficiency, and it will end up preforming much like the original DaVinci did when people tried to put flowers in the oil can.

Since everyone is complaining about the bowl size can one of the reviews load up a few different popular vapes then dump the fresh load on a piece of paper, label which vape it is so people can have a visual of the load. I don't mind the big size but I think that visual instead of weight will help a lot of people. TIA.

I would love to do that, but your asking me to pre-grind a few grams of my medicine to accomplish that. I really can't afford that right now. There should be no real issue with the bowl size. Sticks seems to be having great results with cotton, so we know the unit can handle incremental loads. I am having great results with medium to large sized loads if I tamp/pack them down well. I am confident it should handle most people's' needs.

YES, I think it is time to get some honeycomb into these guy's hands!

Sounds like Sticks will cover that. Personally I don't like BHO or most forms of processed cannabis. I really only like high quality ice extracted bubble hash. I don't really have any of that. I don't risk the other concentrates... I like to process my medicine as little as possible.

At the moment, we are making too much of the bowl size...

Trust me, I want to try this oil I am making as bad as you guys do!

I agree about the bowl size. It really should not be an issue as long as the user is willing to pack down the herb or use a spacer/cotton of some kind.

Hope the oil can works out well with the oil you made.

Shrike

Flower Potted, Maxed, & Rio'd.
It "seems" like organic cotton would be the way to go for those reduced bowl rips...maybe Da Vinci will come out with some kind of reducer that will work as well...we'll see.

Can't wait to see one of those oil cans put to good use...for some strange reason I keep hearing the Tin Man from the Wizard of Oz trying to say "oil can" through his rusted closed mouth...damn...I haven't even vaped today yet...go away Tin Man...

Jimmy

not that fond of the cotton idea. its probably works well but i think it would be a hassle. honestly i dont think size will be a problem for me tho because i can just pack a medium bowl, push it down and get like 2 sessions off that.a reducer from dv would be great though.
could someone check to see if it performs well with a metal screen on the bottom of the bowl. idk but i dont want vaped herb spilling out into my pocket.. and i think its just a better design with the screens there.

Quetzalcoatl

DEADY GUERRERO/DIRT COBAIN/GEORGE KUSH
I'm pretty sure it's not going to fall out of the bottom grill.. that would be a pretty big mistake lol.

Quetzalcoatl,

VaPeD&CoNfUsEd

JoDa Glassworks
Glass Blower
Worked fine at 375F for me the one time I tried it. Personally, it gave me a very strong more Sativa like buzz. Vapor produciotn was nice and not harsh at all.

The smell question is too objective to be properly answered. I will say I finished my session at the ballet had it in my front shirt pocket and got no complains.

Carful with that plan. I am not sure you will have much sucess drilling through the glass. Pretty delicate job and I think the drimmle might cause things to crack.

I also think using the oil can as a spacer or bowl for the flowers is not a really good idea. I think people are going to get reduced vapor production, efficiency, and it will end up preforming much like the original DaVinci did when people tried to put flowers in the oil can.

I would love to do that, but your asking me to pre-grind a few grams of my medicine to accomplish that. I really can't afford that right now. There should be no real issue with the bowl size. Sticks seems to be having great results with cotton, so we know the unit can handle incremental loads. I am having great results with medium to large sized loads if I tamp/pack them down well. I am confident it should handle most people's' needs.

Sounds like Sticks will cover that. Personally I don't like BHO or most forms of processed cannabis. I really only like high quality ice extracted bubble hash. I don't really have any of that. I don't risk the other concentrates... I like to process my medicine as little as possible.

I agree about the bowl size. It really should not be an issue as long as the user is willing to pack down the herb or use a spacer/cotton of some kind.

Hope the oil can works out well with the oil you made.

Ok maybe a bottomless oil can, like a sleeve that just reduces the volume in the chamber. Then the grinds still sit on the original bottom.

Chill Dude

Okay, so the Ascent can perform well with small loads as long as you pack the bowl? When I say small load I'm not talking a microscopic amount of herb, rather an amount in the .15g range. I'm not a big fan of using cotton or spacers, Because its just more stuff you have to carry around and can be somewhat inconvenient.

Chill Dude,

HSIHP

Call me crazy, but has anyone tried loading just a pinch of herb into the oil can? maybe the extra heat and the smaller surface area will cook the small amount better?

HSIHP,

stickstones

Vapor concierge
my reclaim didn't work. it didn't look like the right consistency to begin with (I am new to this) and when I put it in the Ascent I heard a pop and it went all over the insides of the unit.

On the upside, it only took me five minutes to completely clean it including replacing the entire glass air path with the one I had in ISO.

poonman

my reclaim didn't work. it didn't look like the right consistency to begin with (I am new to this) and when I put it in the Ascent I heard a pop and it went all over the insides of the unit.

On the upside, it only took me five minutes to completely clean it including replacing the entire glass air path with the one I had in ISO.

Did that happen ' with ' the lid on ?

poonman,

stickstones

Vapor concierge
Did that happen ' with ' the lid on ?

yes...and I admittedly don't know anything about oils or using them with this unit. I assume you just put them in the glass canister, put the lid on and drop it in...I think that is what was done in the video. but my stuff was really goopy and not very oily at room temp. it's some really messy shit.

SiDankies...I'll get to that kind of stuff later...tonight if I'm lucky.

stickstones,

poonman

Hey thanx sticks ,
I would imagine that's the procedure too .
Just put your oils in the oil can and turn the temp high , probly the highest temp .

Tonight ....

poonman,

SiDankies

yes...and I admittedly don't know anything about oils or using them with this unit. I assume you just put them in the glass canister, put the lid on and drop it in...I think that is what was done in the video. but my stuff was really goopy and not very oily at room temp. it's some really messy shit.

SiDankies...I'll get to that kind of stuff later...tonight if I'm lucky.

Thanks sticks

SiDankies,

marvil701

A close-up shot of the power supply unit would be nice. The reviews here pretty much have me convinced to the point where I don't care if the batteries die in 2 years or not, I just want. this. thing. now! However, I'm not sure if the PSU will work over here in Europe (Germany), so having a quick look at the voltage rating etc would be good.
News from Davinci on the release overseas and who the first distributors will be would be highly appreciated. Can't be the only non-US guy around here.

olivianewtonjohn

Does anyone know the pros/cons of the solo vs ascent? My friend was getting ready to buy but I dont know very much about the ascent to tell him the differences

olivianewtonjohn,

Slightly Medicated

(SliM) Iron Lungs
SliM, when you do less than a full pack, do you use some kind of spacer or just leave the space in there with it.

I have been leaving the space in there, have not tried the cotton method yet. As long as you pack it tight enough, it stays like a brick and helps transfer heat better. It will get sucks up towards the glass screen, but you can push it down in the oven if you want in between hits.

Slightly Medicated,

nigel

And shepherds we shall be,for Accuracy & Discovery
Just catching up to thread after busy weekend...

Hey DV ,
You really should send a test unit to .......nigel .
He's been very helpful on the sidelines in assisting your Ascent launch . :2c:

Oh shit, dude! Thanks for your very kind thoughts (and suggesting I have provided value enough to merit this). :cheers:

I would review the shit out of the vape.

Only problem is I don't have the experience the our people that do have the vape in their hands have.

Although I could do a lot of technical analysis, I think after a certain point, the factual questions have largely been addresses, and people want perspective. And in particular, relational perspective. People have a framework of understanding for the devices they already own and are familiar with. And they need the new device to be expressed in relationship to their current framework. People need to know "how does feature 1 compare between the new device, and a device, X, I already understand?"

So I could nail things like the cubic-displacement of the bowl, expressed across the densities of materials. But I can't address "How does the air-draw compare to X."

So I don't think I would make a good reviewer.

[Which isn't to say I won't throw my :2c:/hat in the ring the second the device is in my grubby little mitts. But I'm content in reading what more informed individuals than I have to say for now. (Then quizzing the f' out of them. :) )]

Yoshimattsu

Hey everybody, I made an account today after a few weeks of lurking. First off, I want to thank everyone here who goes out of their way to produce content to help the rest of us with our decision making process, I appreciate the work you guys are doing! I recently sold my Volcano Classic because I didn't really like the bags to be honest, leaving me with only the MFLB. While this is a great portable vape, I have owned it for a couple of years now and would like to branch out. I was about 2 days from ordering a Pax when I found this thread, now I just need to choose a color, and wait for release day! Thanks again everyone!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom