1. What does SSTB mean? See our glossary of acronyms.

Ascent Vaporizer by Da Vinci (pre-sale thread)

Discussion in 'ABV' started by 1_gr8_underdog, Jan 9, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. WakeAndVape

WakeAndVape Active Member

Thanks for the info on the size sticks! It bigger than I thought, but by the comparison its not as big as I was thinking...has anyone had a chance to try its one-handed operation? One of my favorite things about the pax is a click in the pocket turns it on to my desired level, so all I have to do is take it out and draw. I am really hoping the ascent will be similar in 'ease of use'...I see davinci took out the storage chamber too, I kinda liked thay feature ;)

2. Jimmy

Jimmy Active Member

does the charger plug in on of thos holes in the grill. how bright is the screen when its dark. would that draw a lot of attention.

3. MidwestBeast

MidwestBeast recently but constantly Vaked

Sorry pak for my previous out burst I was sober and tired of all the b.s.... now Im baked and feel like Dave chappelle on half baked after he hits the J and says " I'm sorry for yelling"... lol

Congrats to the haiku winners and iwien that's very honourable

What I would like to see is an ascent with a vapor blunt bubbler style attachment.. I still think that is an amazing addition to any vape.. if one of you have that it would be awesome.. I mean the ascent is the best of all worlds.. y not pocket bubbler

4. TheHerbalReview

TheHerbalReview @TheHerbalReview

As far as the hydrotube thing goes, it definitely produces thicker vapor than the VB 2.0/Pinnacle, so once DaVinci releases their straight 18mm adapter that fits in where your mouthpiece goes, I'll just be using it with my Hydraline/Hydracirc. I actually can't wait. I might try hooking it up to my Mobius tonight to give people a better look (if anyone's interested).

BLAZING OG, Buyola, Stu and 9 others like this.
  5. Quetzalcoatl

Quetzalcoatl SPACE GOD 宇宙

A bit of silicone on the mouthpiece to make a seal around the hydro tube would work, right? Only problem i would see is pushing too hard would push the stem down.

6. Shrike

Shrike EVOlved & Waiting to 'Hop

Hooked up to a Mobius?...Nawww...none of us would be interested in that...

Please let him show us the Mobius with the Ascent...

Buyola, Yoshi, Bamafan86 and 6 others like this.
  7. shadycheeba

shadycheeba Member

who won the haiku contest?

8. Quetzalcoatl

Quetzalcoatl SPACE GOD 宇宙

Shmoo, lwien was awarded a $100 DV store credit which he opted to not receive because he said he wouldn't use it anyways and someone else that would should get it instead.

9. stickstones

stickstones Wasted Staff Member

wakeandvape...you will love this thing. earlier today I packed a bowl, turned it on, set the temp and then turned it off. I threw it in my pocket and when I was ready I reached in the pocket and found the power button. it heated up to the last temp set, which was the temp I wanted. then I just take it out and hit it native real quick or pull the stem out a little first if I want. the stem easily pushes back in and the button is easy to turn off, but it won't ever happen accidentally.

the charger plugs into the hole on the end of the grill by the hinge. I couldn't find it. then I looked at the manual and I still didn't see it right away. then I have plugged it in the wrong hole several times since...it's that well hidden...very cool!

10. Green_Weed

Green_Weed Member

I found another video on youtube

11. VaporBaked

VaporBaked Active Member

Someone tell him thats not a "stem" extender!

12. TheHerbalReview

I did the EXACT same thing!

JoeKickass likes this.
  13. Bamafan86

Bamafan86 Member

WoW i see that everything blew up in here the last few days. lol It's great to see some Ascents getting into the hands of members that know that there doing, and I would like to say a big THINK YOU!!! everyone for the pics and info that everyone here has been drooling for :tup: keep up the great work

14. SiDankies

SiDankies Well-Known Member

A lot of us are getting a bit too hectic over the size of the bowl. Davinci im sure was aiming for a great on the move vape. This would require a slightly larger bowl. I know most of you like me love the solo bowl because it is so small. But with small bowls come more of a hassle. I think the goal of the Ascent was to be able to pack a bowl and just take it for the day. At least with my tolerance it would work that way.

My biggest fear is that this thing will be a conduction heavy vape. I know it will not cook in the pocket because of the glass lining but i still like the space out my hits.

Quetzalcoatl and TheHerbalReview like this.
  15. here<=and=>there

here<=and=>there Member

All this great insight from those who have units has me so excited that I just shaved my mustache... Your new product and plans for the future of it (tht you've mentioned) all seem amazing DV, can't wait to see what u guys have up your sleeves in the future... To those who have provided pix and answered so many questions, I'm glad u did it cuz most of us would have way too busy playing with our new toy

16. Slightly Medicated

Slightly Medicated (SliM) Iron Lungs

[​IMG]

I got a good image of the Ascent sitting on the dashboard on the way to the ballet.

The extended test went better then expected.

I medicated with the cloud before I left. Takes me about an hour to get to the area downtown where the Ballet is. We were late so I did not medicate in the car before the show. Halfway through the first act my back was starting to tingle a little... bummer. :( I was taken out of the preformance and did not enjoy that one as much because of it.

During the first intermission I went outside and had a quick session... around 8 mintues or so. I kept it at 410F the entire time. I really held in my hits and used my normal breathing technique. I was not getting much visibal vapor on the exhale but that was because of the light outside and holding the hits in. I was getting a good effect though.

I went back into see the 2nd act. I was feeling better. I was feeling pretty good by the time the bell rang to go sit down . About 5-10 minutes in to the 2nd act the full strength of the medicine hit me. I was feeling great... and all of a sudden the performance was amazing. All the dancers and the music started to synch up better... my body was calming down and I was starting to enjoy the show. That is a huge relief for me... The 2nd act was AMAZING!!!

The music and dance was modern... it was like journey to the bottom of the sea. The dancers were creating different waves, strange creatures, and all sorts of amazing stuff to the music. It was one of the better performances I have seen in a long time. Lots of energy to the performance. It got a standing O during the 2nd act! Had not seen a standing O in a while. Needless to say with the great performance and the relife the Ascent provided me I was feeling quite good.

There was another intermission and I went back outside to medicate. I bumped it up to 415F and did my usual inhalations and holding of the hits. I was getting a little more visible vapor on the exhale, but still not much. Keep in mind I was trying to minimize the amount of exhaled vapor by holding it in longer.

I was standing on a pedestrian bridge that lead to the garage. A handful of people left between the 2nd and 3rd act. They all walked right passed me as I was medicating. I did not get one look! It was the first time in a long time I did not feel conspicuous. After the session I walked around to air out some. I held the device in my hand to help it air out as well. It does not smell much, but I am ultra cautious about lingering odor. No one even really glanced at the unit. I think it looks very much like a cell phone (when the glass draw stem is retracted) in your hand.

Went back in for the 3rd act. Not as good as the 2nd, but I think the entire company was on the stage... there must have been like 40 people on stage. Lots of movement and a feast for the eyes. For the first time in a long time I did not want to bail out early on a show to go home and medicate. The show ended and we decided to go eat.

I got to the car and decided to try one last session... could I get a 3rd usable session out of one bowl (with hash)? I bumped it up to 430F and got another 5-10 minutes of vapor production. I probably could have gotten more, but it was getting popcorn/nutty tasting and I did not have anything to drink.

The last session was more sedating feeling because I had burnt off a fair amount of the other actives during the earlier 2 sessions. I went to dinner and had an great meal. Fantastic strawberry shortcake for dessert. Managed to make it home relatively pain free.

[​IMG]

Overall the outing was a great success. I was able to be away from home for about 6 hours with out really feeling a need to go home and medicate. I even managed to get 3 sessions out of one load. The last was not the strongest ever, but it did hold me over till I got home. I want to thank everyone at the company for working to make this device. I can't wait to keep testing it to see how things progress and I build my initial impressions. Keep in mind this is not a review as much as a recap of my night and my impressions so far on the device.

I did figure out one trick for unloading the oven. I was trying to tap the content out into a napkin in my lap. It was not the best solution. It occurred to me just to blow a short puff through the grill and it shot the ABV puck into the napkin.

17. MidwestBeast

MidwestBeast recently but constantly Vaked

SliM
    That short cake looks amazing... I know what I'm having tomorrow...

How much battery was left when you were done with all sessions... and how long would you say the unit on

18. Slightly Medicated

Slightly Medicated (SliM) Iron Lungs

I made it through about 6 sessions on my first change. THey lasted 10-15 minutes a session. Maybe one of them was about 20. I also run it on high most of the time... so I expect a short battery life. Could have gone for a 7th but I did not want to risk it since I was going out tonight.

I did not charge it to full before I left because I did not have time... so the outing tonight is not a really good judge of battery capacity.

19. TheHerbalReview

Midwest Beast is right, that short cake looks delicious SliM! I really enjoyed reading that story and can relate... I almost fall into a trance when I listen to music shortly after vaping!

I'm loving the Ascent so far guys; if you were ever on the fence about pulling the trigger... I believe I'm convinced that it is my favorite portable. I just ghetto-rigged my Ascent up to my Mobius, and got a few shots on tape; editing the video right now.

20. WakeAndVape

WakeAndVape Active Member

I take it that the extra battery that some sites boasted about is non-existent? Any-how thanks for the info sticks, SliM and everyone else...my 'ponderance' can continue indefinitely, but I think im just overly anxious to test drive one myself! The cool thing is (imho) this is the most anticipated portable vaporizer EVER!!! on an unrelated note...the one thing (gimmick,trick, feature) that would make it a superior portable would be to build a headphone jack on it and build in a fm/am radio to really throw people (or pigs) off to the devices true identity/purpose

stickstones likes this.
  21. exhaleclouds

exhaleclouds floatin' with the clouds

Puffing on my solo + Mobius waiting forr your video, THR. Very stoked to see this thing pull through water :D

TheHerbalReview likes this.
  22. TheHerbalReview

Here's my first three hits on 380; I got WAY better hits when I eventually increased it up to around 410-420F... but I'll put the better footage in the actual review! Also, this is WAY ghetto rigged; CANNOT WAIT for the official water-pipe adapter.

Filled the Mobius up a tad too high, but it still hit nicely.​

23. Medical Mark

Medical Mark Well-Known Member

Nice video, seems to produce nice vapor through your glass piece, nice and dense.
    The abv was evenly spent and nice and brown.
    It would be nice to see some oils being vaped but herb will do Lol.
    I think this thing will meet my medical expectations until then ill enjoy the canna butter I made today, chocolate chip cookies cooling and waiting for consumption. Been using my PN alot but still the ascent looks very promising, very nice device.
    I'm so jealous and wait with anticipation. The different temperature ranges will help me with nausea, vomiting, and pain reliefe and help me stimulate my appetite, right now Im growing some willies wonder crosses which have really increased my appetite but a good vape with temp controls will add to my well being I can't wait, 104 lbs now 126 lbs but this could change very fast a type of wasting syndrome due to extreme pain, I was initially 185 lbs before I got sick and vaping and medicating herb saved my life and gave it back to me.
    So new vapes that exceed my medical needs are a welcomed thing to me and that's important to my kids and fiancée.
    Thanks for the awesome reviews and shots and vids of this new awesome vaporizer.
    Thanks, medical mark

24. Vaporito

Vaporito Well-Known Member

Now wouldn't it be great if we could get these or at least have the order in place, in time for Father's Day next Sunday? :)

MidwestBeast likes this.
  25. goatgobaahh

goatgobaahh Well-Known Member

Your videos are bad fucking ass my friend!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Support FC, visit our trusted friends and sponsors