Ascent Vaporizer by Da Vinci (pre-sale thread)

Status
Not open for further replies.

SlinginPaint

As Above ∞ So Below

sam reynolds

because "Samantha" is a mouthful.

11eleven11

You would want to use ORGANIC cotton balls in my device. No additives at all, will not give off any extra odors.

Heres where I get mine, but I'm sure you can find some cheaper elsewhere, but these a QUALITY:

http://www.delta9vapes.com/products.php?product=McFinn's-Organic-Cotton

In tests we have found that close to 10 inhalations works well for the Standard Filter and close to 15 inhalations works well for the Ultra Filter before there is the need to change the cotton.

That's a lot of switching out cotton filters... AIN'T NOBODY GOT TIME FO DAT!

Cool though, I have never heard of using cotton before until sticks brought it up. I bet that catches a lot of stray plant matter that doesn't need to be inhaled. That + a water filter may make a really smooth vapor hit.

11eleven11,

VaPeD&CoNfUsEd

JoDa Glassworks
Glass Blower
What about a small glass marble/bead popped in the bowl? Seems like that fill up some space but allow your grind to be packed as you need it.

VaPeD&CoNfUsEd,

stickstones

Vapor concierge
I don't do much in the way of videos, but here's my pics:

Group shot

with Solo and Pax

The cotton works so well I can't think of anything they could use that would be better. It's a fibrous plant that holds the heat well enough.

I can see six sessions on a battery at high temp. Lower temps maybe a couple more.

But no shit...I haven't even touched the oils or programming that this thing can do and I already love it. You Solo fans give me a couple of days to really live with it and find the clouds, but this might be the one that knocks it off my 'portable standard' pedestal.

Slightly Medicated

(SliM) Iron Lungs
What kind of cotton do you use? Balls? Pads? Curious how this works.

If you are going to use organic cotton I would recommend: Intrinsics Organic Cotton Roll. It is a 1lb roll of cotton similar to paper towels. You can just cut or tear off a little bit for your needs. I have had great success with that particular brand.

You can read more about it on their website:

http://www.intrinsics.net/professional-supplies/roll-cotton/

and to order:

http://www.universalcompanies.com/By-Brand/INTRINSICS/_/Intrinsics-Organic-1-lb-Cotton-Roll/

craizen

Awesome thanks for the upload sticks. I wasn't sure about the size of the Ascent, but now I can get a feel for the size of it. .... Oh man the Ascent looks so sleek and classy.

craizen,

mewash2

Can you read the digital display in the dark? Is it back-lit or do you need ambient light to see it? Thanks for all the info guys!

mewash2,

Slightly Medicated

(SliM) Iron Lungs
If you have polarized sunglasses the display is a little hard to read. It kind of does that weird rainbow thing. When you take the sunglasses off though it is perfectly fine to read.

The display is very easy to read from my experience.

Slightly Medicated,
Reactions: mewash2

stickstones

Vapor concierge
I did a cotton sandwich pack, but did it lightly like the first full bowl of herb I used yesterday and got whispy hits. I then added more cotton and it hit thicker. So I definitely think it likes a tight pack, I'm just glad to have it working so well with smaller loads with the cotton.

I gotta reiterate how good this thing tastes.

Slightly Medicated

(SliM) Iron Lungs
Well I am off to the Ballet. Time for the extended test ;) I will report back if I get home early enough tonight.

I packed it pretty tight this time. I want to be able to see if I can use it more then once. I figured during intermission and a short session on the way home. I also loaded it with some nice Grad A Indica Hash. The hash should provide a little extra punch.

My throat is a little dry today because I am not used to so much dry vapor. I find it to be quite a bit less harsh in comparison to other dry vaporizers.

Off to the show!

2 Paces

Thanks to all reviewers thus far. Your thoughts are very much appreciated.

I gotta be honest, I would be buying one as soon as they are available even with no advanced word, but it's awesome to hear some big thumbs up before doing so.

Vapnoob

Nubile Vaporist
Has anyone used the oil jr for dry material yet? Seems like it would decrease the amount needed. If one of the 3 have, I must have missed it.

Vapnoob,

WakeAndVape

VapeLife X
Thanks for the info on the size sticks! It bigger than I thought, but by the comparison its not as big as I was thinking...has anyone had a chance to try its one-handed operation? One of my favorite things about the pax is a click in the pocket turns it on to my desired level, so all I have to do is take it out and draw. I am really hoping the ascent will be similar in 'ease of use'...I see davinci took out the storage chamber too, I kinda liked thay feature ;)

WakeAndVape,

Jimmy

does the charger plug in on of thos holes in the grill. how bright is the screen when its dark. would that draw a lot of attention.

Jimmy,

MidwestBeast

recently but constantly Vaked
Sorry pak for my previous out burst I was sober and tired of all the b.s.... now Im baked and feel like Dave chappelle on half baked after he hits the J and says " I'm sorry for yelling"... lol

Congrats to the haiku winners and iwien that's very honourable

What I would like to see is an ascent with a vapor blunt bubbler style attachment.. I still think that is an amazing addition to any vape.. if one of you have that it would be awesome.. I mean the ascent is the best of all worlds.. y not pocket bubbler

TheHerbalReview

@TheHerbalReview
Sorry pak for my previous out burst I was sober and tired of all the b.s.... now Im baked and feel like Dave chappelle on half baked after he hits the J and says " I'm sorry for yelling"... lol

Congrats to the haiku winners and iwien that's very honourable

What I would like to see is an ascent with a vapor blunt bubbler style attachment.. I still think that is an amazing addition to any vape.. if one of you have that it would be awesome.. I mean the ascent is the best of all worlds.. y not pocket bubbler

As far as the hydrotube thing goes, it definitely produces thicker vapor than the VB 2.0/Pinnacle, so once DaVinci releases their straight 18mm adapter that fits in where your mouthpiece goes, I'll just be using it with my Hydraline/Hydracirc. I actually can't wait. I might try hooking it up to my Mobius tonight to give people a better look (if anyone's interested).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom