• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Ascent Vaporizer by Da Vinci (pre-sale thread)

Status
Not open for further replies.

HSIHP

All that entered the haiku contest is alot of free ascents. I am sure a winner will be announced but im with everyone else in hoping they go out and are hungover or something.

SHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!! ;)

HSIHP,

V8pire

The Vape Is The Life!
I wonder if they are going to make a glass screen with smaller holes in the future?

V8pire,
Reactions: nigel

JoeKickass

So far everything sounds good but not great? I wonder how much better it is compared to my pax or the inhalater xp?

My take from the reviews is it's between the pax and inh xp (or cera ll?) with regards to conduction vs convection. Functionally, it seems similar to the Pax, but instead of steel the bowl and tube are glass (insulator) so you get less conduction. It might very well be the best vape right now so enjoy it now,
but in months or years there will be more great vapes too

Wow! I took a week long "break" from the site and all of this happened!!!! I'm so freaking excited!

I love how this thread exploded, and this is just the beginning :D

He is talking about the promise Davinci_vaporizer made to give everyone free Ascents if the winner of the haiku contest wasn't announced today.
:o
Quick, cover your eyes and plug your ears, if you don't know the winner it doesn't count right?!

JoeKickass,

RUDE BOY

Space is the Place
If a tree falls in the forest.........

Its not the Koan contest its the ascent haiku contest .

Thanx you all for your reviews .( But I just can't believe after all of the 24 hours or so you guys don't already have it all figured out yet :shrug:)

RUDE BOY,

Slightly Medicated

(SliM) Iron Lungs
So far everything sounds good but not great? I wonder how much better it is compared to my pax
Or the inhalater xp? Hopefully more sessions will show this is hands down the best portable.

Personally, I will probably be taking the Ascent out now over my PAX or Inhalator INH004. It uses less material then the PAX which I like. It also uses more material then the INH004 which I like as well. I found the PAX to be too large and the INH04 to be too small in terms of material capacity. The Ascent is a good middle ground for my needs.

I like the ascetics of the Ascent over the other two devices. That is a very personal preference.

I like the way the Ascent loads and handles material better then the others. The INH004 capsules are hard to load on the go. The PAX can also be a little hard to load, but better then the INH004. The Ascent oven has a nice funnel like design to help you get everything in the oven easier.

The Ascent is also very smooth. The PAX is smooth, but starts to taste bad quickly. The INh004 tastes better, but irritates and drys out my throat. Recently I had been taking the iNH004 out with me along with the Pinnacle water tool. As you can imagine though filling a little water tool in the car can be annoying after a fashion. I feel like I can use the Ascent dry on upper levels with out irritating my throat to much... the glass vapor path really seems to help cool down the vapor.

Tonight will be the real test. I will be taking it out to the Ballet. We will see if it can help me make it through a performance with less pain. Recently I had been using the INH004 and the capsule is kind of small for me. It would end up wearing off towards the last quarter of the performances and I was leaving allot of theatre/opera/ballet early because of the pain.

V8pire

The Vape Is The Life!
Thanks slightly! Thats def exactly what I was waiting to hear. Have you put the extra screen in yet? Thanks again for that info as im all jazzed up more now!

V8pire,
Reactions: Buyola

VaPeD&CoNfUsEd

JoDa Glassworks
Glass Blower
Slim, I love how you mainly review from a medical perspective rather than talking about how high it gets you. I am a bud snob and only have top top shelf meds, so I know how high they'll get me in just about any good vape but when I'm researching a new vape I really look for how well it's going to administer on a medical level. I also suffer from bad back pain (as a result of a car accident that I really shouldn't have walked away from). So thank you for all your great input.

Davinci_vaporizer

Clean First Technology
Manufacturer
So the bad news is...you all won't be getting a Free Ascent Vaporizer today. The good news is that we have a winner!

Just finished reading all of the Haiku Contest Thread... again...and it was a pretty tough race between 2 of you guys. I couldn't make decision, so I decided to get votes from some outside influences to pick the winner and it is...drum roll please:

Shmoo!!!

Four hours of bliss
when I ascend with the mist
how could one resist

The size of your palm
tucks in your blanket of calm
Close your eyes and see

Unplug, let go, free
breathe in, hold tight, now ascend
and float with the clouds

In light of it being such a close race, I do want to offer the runner up a consolation prize of $100 Gift Certificate to the DV.com website. The runner up is:

Iwien!

DaVinci is Art
Ascent is Vapors Paint Brush
You are the Canvas

Once again, thanks to all that entered and sorry it took me soooooo long to announce. Next time, I'll let you guys decide :)

Slightly Medicated

(SliM) Iron Lungs
I have not needed the extra screen. I believe you put it on top of the smaller screen and push the larger screen down on top of the screen. It then folds the edges over the smaller screen and forms a little cap. I assume you just pull that cap screen off when you want to clean.

Last night session: I started at 375 which is ULTRA low for me. It produces vapor. Gave me that very strong sativa high I don't like... so low temp vapor users should be pleased. I bumped it up to 390, 400, 415 and 430. With each increase in temptrature I felt the Sativa high be replaced with the high I am more accustomed too. It also produces thicker vaper as you go up the scale.

This morning: I woke up and grabbed my Ascent over the Cloud. I just wanted to use it this morning for some reason. I did about half the session at 430F dry. Then I looked over and saw my Solo GonG adapter. Sure enough the Ascent Stem fits quite well inside. For fun I tried it out and jesus! At 430F I can get some clouds out of this thing. Has me excited for the GonG adapter.

For those of you familiar with the PAX brick of spent ABV, you will be interested to know you can create an Ascent brick of spent ABV. I got a nice brick out of my Ascent from this morning session. Made clean up a breeze. ;)

lwien

Congratz Shmoo,

DV, thank you so much for offering up the consolation prize, and believe me, it's much appreciated, but in all honesty, I will never use the gift certificate so if ya can, please offer it to someone who came in close to me. I'd just hate to see it go to waste.

Again, thank you so much for running the contest. Much appreciated.

JoeKickass

For those of you familiar with the PAX brick of spent ABV, you will be interested to know you can create an Ascent brick of spent ABV. I got a nice brick out of my Ascent from this morning session. Made clean up a breeze. ;)

Oh man, I don't know why I like that about the Pax so much, but now I'm stoked!

JoeKickass,

11eleven11

SliM -- thanks so much for your great contributions of information to us.

I already know you're going to use your Pinnacle Hydro Tube with it when you are able to. When you do, can you please post a video of using it that way for us? I would love to see that. I love water hits and this little combo is what I'm most excited about. I'm guessing you're gonna have to wait to get a GonG adaptor for it though.

Hope your ballet goes well tonight my friend!

toros23

Congrats, shmoo and lwien!!

And thanks for continuing to feed us info, reviewers!!

toros23,

Chill Dude

Personally, I will probably be taking the Ascent out now over my PAX or Inhalator INH004. It uses less material then the PAX which I like. It also uses more material then the INH004 which I like as well. I found the PAX to be too large and the INH04 to be too small in terms of material capacity. The Ascent is a good middle ground for my needs. .

Slim, thanks for all the great comments on the Ascent....

I know you probably don't weigh your herb for each session, but I do. I guess I'm a little anal in that regard. You say the Pax uses more material than the Ascent, but the Inhalator uses less material than the Ascent. I've never used the Pax or the Inhalator, but the Solo is my main driver and for my needs a Solo stem loaded with .12 to .15g is perfect. That said, do you feel the Ascent can perform well using that much herb? If I have to pack .25g per load to get good performance with the Ascent, then it is not the vape for me. Your thoughts??

Chill Dude,

Slightly Medicated

(SliM) Iron Lungs
SliM -- thanks so much for your great contributions of information to us.

I already know you're going to use your Pinnacle Hydro Tube with it when you are able to. When you do, can you please post a video of using it that way for us? I would love to see that. I love water hits and this little combo is what I'm most excited about. I'm guessing you're gonna have to wait to get a GonG adaptor for it though.

Hope your ballet goes well tonight my friend!

That was one of my plans. I will have to wait on the adapter. I don't think they quite have them produced en masse yet.

Looking forward to the Ballet. Directors choice... mostly modern no story. So I can just sit back and enjoy people bending, twisting, leaping, and throwing other humans around in ways I could never dream of doing! Plan on some time with the Ascent during one of the intermissions. :)

Off to the local farmers market today to pick up some strawberry plants and bringing the ascent with me. Not really planning on using it, but it is a good safety blanket so to speak.

Cleaned the unit last night. Overall it is pretty simple. There was one part of the glass tube that was al little harder to clean. The glass screen above the bowl... if you go back to THR's photos you can see it. The part looks like a triangle or funnel. Was kind of hard to clean that part, but when I found a pipe cleaner it made it much easier.

I think keeping this one clean will be important. The draw stem fits over the filter stem. If you pull the draw stem up and out to use it will expose the inside to vapor residue over time. When you push it back in theoretically the oil on the inside of the larger stem could come into contact with the outside of the smaller stem and over time it could become sticky and the movement less smooth.

Anyway, The sun is out in the Seattle area... I need to go take advantage of that while I can. ;)

stickstones

Vapor concierge
I had my first great session this afternoon. Yesterday I packed a tight load with some kief in the middle, so I fully expected to get melted. I hit it today for about ten or fifteen minutes and ended up turning it off before it was done because I was whacked. I will go back later today and see what else I can get out of it. At one point one of the hits made me chuckle as it was what I was looking for. I finished the session thinking this is how I feel after a good Solo session.

When I took it to my lhs owner his knee jerk reaction was that it is too big. People really like the size of the Pax and he has been enjoying his. All his friends are using spacers and oil pads to pack smaller loads with pretty good success. I would love to see a spacer for this unit. and I wonder if an oil pad would work better than the canisters. We need to get someone with some oil to use this thing.

I don't think it is too big. I wouldn't want it any bigger, and smaller is always welcome, but this size works for me and really disguises well as a cell phone with a case on it. But this thing has features in spades. I love the display with the battery meter and the thermometer to let you know it is warming up. The temp change is quick and responsive. Someone asked about one degree changes...I have no idea and usually do five to ten degree jumps. But those changes are quick and noticeable.

I've gotta give DV kudos for aggressively going after a design many thought wouldn't work. We have an all-glass airpath for a unit that does both flowers and oils. It heats up in under a minute and can hit any digital temp dialed in. It has battery life for all day long (I estimate seven to ten sessions easily out of a single charge) and can hit hard. Fits in your pocket and can be had for $250. That's a really fucking impressive spec list, folks.

SleepyHead

I really appreciate everyones review! I am so glad I stumbled upon this a few days ago. Looking for my fourth vaporizer and I hope its one of these bad boys.

So for log-vape users, as I am, we can get away with using .03-.05g of herb and that will have me feeling good for 1-2 hours. From what I read this uses a bit more, but does the feeling last longer, so is it as efficient as say a CRZ but just needs the minimum amount a bit more?

Thanks! :tup:

SleepyHead,

Shrike

Flower Potted, Maxed, & Rio'd.
Great continuing follow-up reviews, Sticks & Slim...thank you very much! It is very appreciated.

Keep'em coming as you can.

Hopefully, we get to see some errl soon...looking forward to how the Ascent handles it.

Quick question...how much easier is the draw than say...the Pax?

I loved my Pax, but I have a mouth issue that made the draw a bit of a pain (literally & figuratively) after awhile.

Shrike,
Reactions: poonman
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom