Ascent Vaporizer by Da Vinci (pre-sale thread)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Edward Hyde

i got some problem while vaping with coughing and i have realised that the more conduction means the more cough for me...with the mflb from the first hit i started spasm coughing.with the vapor genie i got 0 cough with the xp 0 cough also...and fire woods gives me some coughing but not much...also another desktop conduction i tried makes me cough like hell...just trying to figure out if the ascent is in the range i can handle...

WakeAndVape

VapeLife X
search
I see they included screens to prevent accedental inhalation of herbal blends...good idea, but it would be cool if it was a glass screen​

WakeAndVape,

nigel

And shepherds we shall be,for Accuracy & Discovery
It is very difficult to have 100% either... unless, some of us are vaping.... in zero-G.... in a perfect vacuum.

At this point, I do not believe that to be true.
:p

So, we are left with a situation in which both are present, but in ratios that are open to debate.

We can agree that exposed surface area is critical to both. But exposed to what?

If it is to airflow, then obviously airpath is the primary source of energy transfer.
Otherwise, it is physical contact as the primary source of thermal transference.

I think we get back to what the reviewers have said (reviewers that are still debating the device) about the bowl, and how it is packed.

Like many other devices I have read here, I think this to be a critical aspect of usage.

Let's figure out how to feed this tool before we judge how it performs...

EDIT: I didn't see SLiM's statement until now. Some notions are stated quite well. Plus dude knows how to tie a tie and look damn dapper doing it. ;)

But my over all point about waiting for more usage data on the device stands.

francis

Vape enthusiasms
Very nice of all of you reviewers to give us that much info. Mad props honestly!

I think its time to move this thread to the regular section , nah?

pakalolo

Toolbag v1.1 (candidate)
Staff member
Very nice of all of you reviewers to give us that much info. Mad props honestly!

I think its time to move this thread to the regular section , nah?

We've said that this thread will be closed and a new one opened when the Ascent became available. I've asked Davinci_vaporizer to open a new thread, and when that happens this thread will close. Patience, little grasshopper.

Jimmy

every vape has a learning curve, but will it work well if you just throw some in and turn it on

will a screen in the bottom of the bowl affect the heating. do i even need one.

how much can the bowl really hold.

how constant are the temps. do you feel a difference when you go +or- 1-2 degrees.

Jimmy,

V8pire

The Vape Is The Life!
So far everything sounds good but not great? I wonder how much better it is compared to my pax
Or the inhalater xp? Hopefully more sessions will show this is hands down the best portable.

V8pire,

cheesy

just to be sure I have enough money on my card. Is the total cost of the vape with s/h (if there is any) gonna be exactly 250? I'm going to be buying directly from da Vinci

pakalolo

Toolbag v1.1 (candidate)
Staff member
I just removed three posts that had nothing to do with the Ascent and everything to do with a potential flame war. Even though this thread is closing, try to keep it on track please.

VaPeD&CoNfUsEd

JoDa Glassworks
Glass Blower
Wow! I took a week long "break" from the site and all of this happened!!!! I'm so freaking excited! Great job to you guys on your reviews! I'm so happy to finally see some members testing this great portable! You've answered just about every question I could possibly come up with! Should be a matter of days now hopefully. Thanks to all the reviewers for your stellar input!

MidwestBeast

recently but constantly Vaked
Public discussions of staff decisions are not permitted on the site. If you have any concerns or queries relating to a staff decision please take it up in private with a staff member.
That's fucked up... I've been following this thread since it was 25 pages long and read about people talking about other vapes and harassing DV and then they bash the videos DV makes that they asked for and you don't delete their shit... so I try and stick up for DA Vinci and complement them.. and you delete it..... and if I remember a few pages back the were modz talking about random shit.. don't be a hypocrit...

DV don't change a thing.... Nika was classy and looked beautiful in the video

MidwestBeast,

VaporEyes

Vaporization Aficionado
Accessory Maker
That's fucked up... I've been following this thread since it was 25 pages long and read about people talking about other vapes and harassing DV and then they bash the videos DV makes that they asked for and you don't delete their shit... so I try and stick up for DA Vinci and complement them.. and you delete it..... and if I remember a few pages back the were modz talking about random shit.. don't be a hypocrit...

Careful, if you wish to continue contributing to this site, as a member, be sure to keep the rules in mind.

VaporEyes,

poonman

But...back on topic. TODAYS THE DAY !!!! And if it's not, we all get free Ascents. :rockon:[/quote]

NOT ' all ' .
Some of us ( dummies ) didn't pre-registered !!!
or
Are we talking ' all ' that entered the Haiku contest , then I'm in .:rockon:

Budda/waxes/oils ???.....pretty please .
Can we have some reviews on that ?

poonman,

pakalolo

Toolbag v1.1 (candidate)
Staff member

Posts have been both deleted and moved from this thread. If you had posted your compliment without a slur, we wouldn't be having this discussion. Off-topic posts are sometimes tolerated or ignored because we can't possibly keep every discussion on topic all the time and we wouldn't have any members left if we did. Your post wasn't off-topic, it was deemed offensive and responses to it were leading it towards a flame war. Removal was the easiest solution and I can tell from your reaction it was the right decision. Here are a couple of other extracts from the rules for you to think about:
  • Rules are interpreted and applied at staff discretion.
  • If you don’t like the rules or the moderation, feel free not to visit.

V8pire

The Vape Is The Life!
Do the screens just get pushed down the tube to prevent the mouthful of herb? If so how do you get the screen back out?

V8pire,

pakalolo

Toolbag v1.1 (candidate)
Staff member
NOT ' all ' .
Some of us ( dummies ) didn't pre-registered !!!
or
Are we talking ' all ' that entered the Haiku contest , then I'm in .:rockon:

Budda/waxes/oils ???.....pretty please .
Can we have some reviews on that ?

He is talking about the promise Davinci_vaporizer made to give everyone free Ascents if the winner of the haiku contest wasn't announced today.

pakalolo,

V8pire

The Vape Is The Life!
All that entered the haiku contest is alot of free ascents. I am sure a winner will be announced but im with everyone else in hoping they go out and are hungover or something.

V8pire,

poonman

All that entered the haiku contest is alot of free ascents. I am sure a winner will be announced but im with everyone else in hoping they go out and are hungover or something.

100 % agreed ,
it will be announced today .
And the winner is ......

poonman,
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom