• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Ascent Vaporizer by Da Vinci (pre-sale thread)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Slightly Medicated

(SliM) Iron Lungs
Yeah, that's kinda high for most of us, I think. How is the vapor production, say between 365 and 380F?

I am sure Sticks or THR can answer that one better. I don't go that low because it can exacerbate what i am trying to treat. With my back pain as bad as it is I don't really want to risk it for a couple days.

Slightly Medicated,

11eleven11

This is what the reviewers probably feel like right now:

qn3Bruh.jpg

nigel

And shepherds we shall be,for Accuracy & Discovery
but I thought I would make a couple ultra quick mobile phone videos.

Thank you, gent, for producing the videos that this thread has been clamoring for for 5+ months.

Much appreciated and we all look forward to your input over the coming days!

nigel,
Reactions: Buyola

Slightly Medicated

(SliM) Iron Lungs
Gotchya. Thanks for putting up the vids. Much appreciated, and hope that back pain gets delt with.

Thanks for the kind words. :) It is constant, but the degree to which it debilitates me changes. Sometimes though I forget and overdo it. I threw my back out lifting a very old computer monitor last week. I am off the Vicodin now... but for a week I did not do much other then lay/sit around. :( More then anything I hate the blow to productivity.

Don't want to risk the low temp though because it cause cause a Sativa like high for me which can cause me to feel jittery and stress my mussels more.

On a positive note if people do need high temp vapor this product can provide. I was able to medicate myself to my needed level for over an hour. I am really looking forward to the ballet tomorrow. Can't wait to see if it helps me make it through a performance with less pain.

stickstones

Vapor concierge
Well, my sessions keep getting better. My first two sessions were in low temp land with a very light pack and I wasn't getting much visible vapor. I queried SliM and THR to see how they were doing and SliM was getting the most satisfying results. So far we seem to agree that there is more conduction going on than convection, or at least more than we thought going in. As a result, light packs aren't very effective. SliM says it works well with a Pax like pack, and I don't have one of those, so I'm ratcheting it up until I find the sweet spot. I like it at 190, so I'm gonna try to find out what pack works best at that point.

My battery life seems really good. I have had three sessions and one heat up at the lhs and it is at about 50%. I love that it has the battery meter right on the display.

This much I know...it is the best tasting portable I have ever tried. As I think about how to compare it to other models the one that keeps coming to mind is the VAP2, which sounds fucking crazy...but they are both purely glass airpaths, so why not?

Buyola

I like the sound of that Sticks! For me the taste is really a key point. The fact that we have an all glass, portable that taste good is awesome! Thanks for keeping us posted.....

Buyola,

toros23

So far we seem to agree that there is more conduction going on than convection, or at least more than we thought going in.

It would be interesting to hear how multiple sessions using the same load (with flowers) tastes since this is sounding/looking like primarily a conduction vape. Of course, if it cooks everything evenly/thoroughly in the first session then I guess there is no point.

Good to hear all this info about flowers but what about oils/waxes, fellas?? Anyone???

Medical Mark

wow this thing looks promising i must say the best tasting vape ever, vapor streams but what about medicinal effectiveness ? come on sticks give it to me straight am i going to hooked and sunk with this unit ? concentrates ? anyone yet?
i wish i had a unit here to test i have all the componants of a perfect test, herb 5 strains, oil 2 strains, hash 2 types and water tools everywhere i want one soon.
medical mark

Medical Mark,

Slightly Medicated

(SliM) Iron Lungs
My battery life seems really good. I have had three sessions and one heat up at the lhs and it is at about 50%. I love that it has the battery meter right on the display.

As I think about how to compare it to other models the one that keeps coming to mind is the VAP2, which sounds fucking crazy...but they are both purely glass airpaths, so why not?

I have the same feeling about battery life and the same results. I am about 4 sessions in an at 50% battery life left. I did not time the sessions, but I am thinking maybe 30 minutes of usage so far???

So far my comparison is the Ascent is the love child of the original DaVinci, the PAX, and Inhalator INH004... and it was born with a mostly all glass vapor path. Yea I know three way love child... it can happen ask Jerry Springer. :rofl:

I find it similar to the PAX in the way it heats the material.
I find it simmilar to the INH004 in terms of vapor production.
I find it similar to the DaVinci because the glass stem reminds me of the DaVinci draw straw.

lwien

My first two sessions were in low temp land with a very light pack and I wasn't getting much visible vapor. I queried SliM and THR to see how they were doing and SliM was getting the most satisfying results. So far we seem to agree that there is more conduction going on than convection, or at least more than we thought going in. As a result, light packs aren't very effective.

Hmmm..........how much do you need to pack in the bowl to get some satisfying hits?

lwien,

Quetzalcoatl

DEADY GUERRERO/DIRT COBAIN/GEORGE KUSH
I threw my back out lifting a very old computer monitor last week. I am off the Vicodin now...

Wish I could get on this level, my pain is constant and usually spikes. I get Vics like those party bags of Skittles (along with a bunch of other shit). Scary that something so simple can fuck you up so much, huh?

Thanks for the vids. Looks like the wait was worth it, huh guys?

al bundy

Vaporist
Also hows the build quality feel?
How does the hinge look /feel?

Seems the battery life may double the Pinnacle.
Can it be used while charging?
Any stirring needed?

Thanks for the quick replies.
Now its between the XP and the Accent...or maybe both. :brow:

Medical Mark

Any combustion present ? the pinnacle evenly vapes the material so uniform so evenly is it the same way with the ascent?
and i guess if it heats up like the Pax and has conduction aspects wouldnt burn like the pax also? i hope not i hope its a even vape.
how long does a full bowl last?
cheers medical mark

Medical Mark,
Reactions: al bundy

Slightly Medicated

(SliM) Iron Lungs
Wish I could get on this level, my pain is constant and usually spikes. I get Vics like those party bags of Skittles (along with a bunch of other shit). Scary that something so simple can fuck you up so much, huh?

Thanks for the vids. Looks like the wait was worth it, huh guys?

Sorry that you have the Vics all the time... I hate when I have to go on them for more then a few days. They really sap the system and I get kind of short tempered on them. :( My sympathies.

It is very fighting how an injury can cause life long problems. All of this stemmed from an accident I had as a child. I learned to walk weird again which helps to misalign my back just by walking around.

I am very hopeful this portable will bring a better quality of being for me. The esthetics are such that I don't feel bad about using it in public. Allot of the portables I don't use in public. I go back to my car and use because I get to many looks. This looks very innocuous and should not draw to much negative attention. I will see how it does with an outing to the ballet tomorrow. That is the first big test for me. :)

Also hows the build quality feel?
How does the hinge look /feel?

Seems the battery life may double the Pinnacle.
Can it be used while charging?
Any stirring needed?

Thanks for the quick replies.
Now its between the XP and the Accent...or maybe both. :brow:
Build quality is nice. Feels good in the hand.
The hinge is nice. Feels solid. I like the resistance... not to much or too little.
Not sure if it can be used while charging

I don't have an XP I have an INH004. Too early to tell, but this portable is a definite contender. More testing/usage is needed. :science:

Any combustion present ? the pinnacle evenly vapes the material so uniform so evenly is it the same way with the ascent?
and i guess if it heats up like the Pax and has conduction aspects wouldnt burn like the pax also? i hope not i hope its a even vape.
how long does a full bowl last?
cheers medical mark
No combustion on max temp for me. Came out nice and dark brown like I expect at 430F
It does vaporize quite evenly. It tends to cook from the outside inwards, but when you are done it is pretty even color.
I am sure you could stretch a bowl out for quite a long time depending on what temp you started at and how high you decided to go. I can finish a single session quickly if I start at max temp and keep hitting. I can take much longer if I start at 375 and work up to 430F.

Chill Dude

Yeah, I'm primarily interested in herb efficiency. For example, can you pack a small amount in the ascent say .10. - .15g and get good results? Sticks mentioned "pax like packs" are the best. I'm non sure what that means as I've never used a Pax; but I'm thinking it might mean the Acsent requires large loads to function well. If that's the case, the Acsent will probably rate low in the herb efficiency category. Maybe one of the reviewers can clarify?

nigel

And shepherds we shall be,for Accuracy & Discovery
Yeah, I'm primarily interested in herb efficiency. For example, can you pack a small amount in the ascent say .10. - .15g and get good results? Sticks mentioned "pax like packs" are the best. I'm non sure what that means as I've never used a Pax; but I'm thinking it might mean the Acsent requires large loads to function well. If that's the case, the Acsent will probably rate low in the herb efficiency category. Maybe one of the reviewers can clarify?

This is relevant to my interests

poonman

Wow , so many posts to catch up on .
But ya , + 1 , on the budda/waxes/oils reviews please .

That is the main factor for me ,
the ability to vape both flowers and oils in an ALL glass air path .
My Solo is great for flowers , but I would like to have the Ascent and compare .

Anyone ?
Bueller ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom