Ascent Vaporizer by Da Vinci (pre-sale thread)

Status
Not open for further replies.

11eleven11

Well all I did was fill out their quick thing on their site just now so I'm really late to the game. So if you, THR, can hook it up with a free attachment I'd be totally down to buy it from you.

From my quick google search you don't appear to be a vendor though. Tad confused about that. So is the possible scenario us buying from DV, then entering "herbal" on their site to get the free attachment? If so that'd be cool too.

11eleven11,

TheHerbalReview

@TheHerbalReview
Well all I did was fill out their quick thing on their site just now so I'm really late to the game. So if you, THR, can hook it up with a free attachment I'd be totally down to buy it from you.

From my quick google search you don't appear to be a vendor though. Tad confused about that. So is the possible scenario us buying from DV, then entering "herbal" on their site to get the free attachment? If so that'd be cool too.

I most definitely don't sell vaporizers lol! All my loyalty will point towards DaVinci, because they were very generous to send me one early to review. I'm not sure exactly how it would work.... similar to the "enter HERBAL as a promo code" i'm guessing...

TheHerbalReview,

usselray

I just bought a DaVinci (newest model), should I return it and wait for the Ascent or use it and wait for all the kinks to be worked out in the Ascent before I buy one?

Basically, is the DaVinci still a solid vape or would the Ascent be waaaay better?

usselray,

nigel

And shepherds we shall be,for Accuracy & Discovery
I just bought a DaVinci (newest model), should I return it and wait for the Ascent or use it and wait for all the kinks to be worked out in the Ascent before I buy one?

Basically, is the DaVinci still a solid vape or would the Ascent be waaaay better?

The DaVinci has gone through upgrades and has had "the kinks worked out" as you say.

That being said, the Ascent was built upon everything that was learned from the DaVinci. Which is not to say, despite their attention to detail, that there might not be a kink or two which is always a possibility. That being said, I think it should be fairly solid.

If it were me, I'd either return for the newer Ascent, or take a look at the sale price on the older model that Dreamerr or Adobewan mentioned above.

Just my :2c:

nigel,

stickstones

Vapor concierge

THR will be able to answer that for you after some use. He loves his DV.

stickstones,
Reactions: ShipDit

usselray

I only payed $125 for it so it's basically half the price of the Ascent. Was it worth that? (I'm fairly new to vapes so I won't even tell the difference)

usselray,
Reactions: nigel

nigel

Hoping to see some reviews with concentrates.. :popcorn:

edit: Do any of the reviewers plan to test with concentrates??

I know one of our reviewers is in the Midwest. Not sure about the rest.

But I'm gonna guess we'll have to wait until "after work" for a more detailed eval. I do know that Herbal said producing a quality video is like a 5 hour process. So later on tonight....

EDIT: and honestly it is going to take some time with the unit to get a real review. Using it once or twice doesn't really have depth of use. That being said, I'm looking forward to "first(second) impression" reviews later tonight, and then more realistic "real world" reviews in a week or so...

nigel,
Reactions: Dreamerr

shadycheeba

by design the ascent should better.like myself,enjoy the davinci now and let the ascent saga unfold.get the ascent and keep the davinci as your backup

shadycheeba,
Reactions: smokum

jasong

i really like the ascent and been waiting for it but if you gert a good deal 0on a dv you still have a great little vape imo

jasong,

Davinci_vaporizer

Clean First Technology
Manufacturer
So happy that everyone received their units this morning!!

The extra screens are actually not for the bottom chamber, but rather to insert into the inner glass stem (the one with the holes). If you shove it in there you can prevent a potential mouthful of product. It's a matter of personal preference, but figured we'd throw them in there.

Look forward to the feedback and I will hopefully have some really good news for you guys next week :)

P.S. Sorry, my assistant is pretty, I'll try to hire less desirable looking people next time.....we shot that last vid in my office.

Medical Mark

:clap:hey everyone been very sick and using my time to get better and vaping daily using my many vapes Pax,Pinnacle,vb2.0,cera(LL,EO),cloud, and found myself in a state of V>A>S and thus aquired and ascent through GV not every using this vender before. I inquired months ago febuary about a pre order and was assured id was in line on the first shippment but they screwed up leaving me totally off the list all together after they looked into it they saw the account and the promise made to me so yesterday i was put on the list and pushed to the first shipment of ascents due to there screw which i guess serves me well. the ascent plus a free straight adaptor so im stoked to try this thing out as it gets released in the next couple weeks.
the reviews here are top notchand i really like the pics that have been put up on the site this unit looks like a high quality unit with alot of options in place to control your medical needs from sativas to indicas and temperature control to release the medicinal compaounds associated with these different strains which serve different purposes.
hey sticks glad you got a unit to test i know youll give it a fair review i think we are on the same page regarding vapes and there use and function taste and effectiveness and think this vape will be a nice change to the vapes of the past that take time and energy only to leave you frustrated and slightly medicated which defeats the purpose of using a vaporizer staionary or portable.
I hope all my expectations will be met in the weeks to come my v.a.s has returned and just in time to feed my addiction to vapes and there effectiveness, well got to go making some cannabutter right now then some oil, honey, and make some cookies.
this unit is getting me all primed up and it looks like it will work quite well i love my pinnacle regardless of temperature control and i can milk it like the cows in the pasture so i hope this ascent will be what im looking for ? I have all the ingrediants to use this vape in every aspect it was designed for being a grower and medical patient, im going to really like trying my newly developed auto flower strains in this thing like my new willieswonder/catatonic and willies wonder/ caterac kush these should taste great in that all glass air path. it will be interesting to compare how it tastes compared to the cera my deepest regret,lol
anyway keep the reviews coming.

cheers, medical mark

Slightly Medicated

(SliM) Iron Lungs
Had some time to spend with the device. I have had 3 sessions so far. I am enjoying the sesions I have had. I don't like to say much the first day... got to keep the masses chomping at the bit. I will say it is able to medicate me to my desire level and I look forward to taking it out to the Ballet tomorrow evening.

I personally have a very strong connection to the physical ascetics of the device. It reminds me so much of my grandfathers old electric shaver. I think this is because of the grill on the bottom. It kind of reminds me of the grill of an electric shaver. It has an old almost art-deco sensibility to it. I really like the ascetics design. :)

il_570xN.366988957_p8b3.jpg

il_570xN.366988953_ewvu.jpg

il_570xN.366988959_3jlx.jpg

Glad I'm not the only texture-based person!

Texture is huge for me... I ma loving the texture of the alligator on my Ascent. I have to stand back at art galleries because I always want to touch the paintings and other artwork.

nigel

I just received my Davinci Ascent today !
Unboxing video here and full review coming soon:

I am amused at a review where the reviewer has looks at parts and says things like "I have no idea what for" (2:35) and "I wonder how it opens" (2:53).
:)

Nothing like getting a complete set of fresh eyes on the product, uninfluenced by any of the videos, promotional items, photos, thread discussions, etc. :)

Slightly Medicated

(SliM) Iron Lungs
Okay I know I said you have to keep people choming at the bit... but I thought I would make a couple ultra quick mobile phone videos. It takes to long to process the HD videos.

As most of you know I tend to float around in high temp vapor land. I had it set at either 415F or 430F for those hits. The last video is a test I do with vaporizers. If I can find an air intake I will blow through it to see what kind of vapor stream I can get.

Sorry about the low quality camera and disheveled appearance. ;) Been a long couple weeks with back pain. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom