Ascent/Solo/MFLB/Cera

Status
Not open for further replies.

AcrobTen

Hey guys,

I've been doing some research into getting my new first portable vaporizer lately. Currently I'm using the Arizer V-Tower and I think it's great, just looking to go portable. The Solo is small enough for me that portability is not really a huge issue. What I'm most concerned about is which of these vaporizers would be considered the 'safest' to use in terms of getting the purest vapor? I've been doing some reading and it seems like the Cera is typically considered the leader in this department. However, I was wondering, is there really any difference between Cera's safety and the other vaporizers? I could see MFLB lagging behind in these terms because of it's value pricing. But, I'm not positive about this.

Is there any major differences between the safety/toxicity of these vaporizers or are they all essentially the same in that department with some (like the Cera) just seeming a bit fancier? I've read a lot of great things about the Ascent and the Solo, but I've also read things like people finding some kind of glue close to the heating element of the vaporizer, so I've come here wondering about it all, and whether the more expensive Cera is worth it, because right now I'm leaning towards the Solo unless there's something really different/improved in the Cera or Ascent.

Thanks all.

AcrobTen,
Reactions: Snappo

Snappo

Caveat Emptor - "A Billion People Can Be Wrong!"
Accessory Maker
Hey guys,

I've been doing some research into getting my new first portable vaporizer lately. Currently I'm using the Arizer V-Tower and I think it's great, just looking to go portable. The Solo is small enough for me that portability is not really a huge issue. What I'm most concerned about is which of these vaporizers would be considered the 'safest' to use in terms of getting the purest vapor? I've been doing some reading and it seems like the Cera is typically considered the leader in this department. However, I was wondering, is there really any difference between Cera's safety and the other vaporizers? I could see MFLB lagging behind in these terms because of it's value pricing. But, I'm not positive about this.

Is there any major differences between the safety/toxicity of these vaporizers or are they all essentially the same in that department with some (like the Cera) just seeming a bit fancier? I've read a lot of great things about the Ascent and the Solo, but I've also read things like people finding some kind of glue close to the heating element of the vaporizer, so I've come here wondering about it all, and whether the more expensive Cera is worth it, because right now I'm leaning towards the Solo unless there's something really different/improved in the Cera or Ascent.

Thanks all.
I can only speak for the Solo. Even when brand new I experienced absolutely no off-gassing of any material whatsoever. Crystal clean air/vapor from oven through stem. Flawless design and function. No hassles. Super efficient w/herb. Big cloud maker. Super easy to keep clean and maintain (effortless). Fun to use. Lots of accessory choices. You cannot do better than the Solo!

Tweek

Safety is important for sure, but what kind of a user are you? Light, medium, heavy? I have used them all, except for the Ascent and here are my thoughts overall:

Cera: Great taste, very pure. Oil cart is amazing, and chugs vapour, but the herb cart is ideal for light to medium light users IMO. You have to do some modding if you want to crank up it's density and the bowl is small. It's a safe vape IMO...not much to it outside of it's ceramic body/mouthpiece, the battery and then the carts. I find the current body to be heavy and cumbersome though, with awkward button placement.

MFLB: My first vape. Again, mainly ideal for lighter users. A safe vape as well IMO. Wood, the screen, glass or acrylic stem. Not much to go wrong there as far as I can see. Taste is decent as well. Not as good as Cera IMO, but smaller and cheaper.

Solo: Taste is not as good as Cera, has a touch of a cooked taste...to me, anyways. Nice glass stem, and you can get wood as well. Produces a good amount of vapour for a medium to heavy user. As to safety...I personally have no issues with it, and don't recall the airpath contacting anything electronic, although I have read some members debate that. Personally, I think it is a great vape.

Hope that helps.

AcrobTen

Thanks for the advice guys. I was leaning towards the solo initially, and I'd consider myself a medium-heavy user depending on the day. Just seeing a few of those posts with people claiming there might be something up with the solo kind of made me a bit cautious, so I wanted to make sure. The vast majority of people tell me it is very well constructed and safe, and I also liked the lower price point than the Cera or the Ascent. I went ahead and picked myself up a Solo and I have to say it's pretty great. Gives waaaay milkier hits than my Arizer V-Tower, and the vapor just seems so much more "concentrated". I've definitely been using less herb as well with the solo than the V-Tower; sometimes it even seems like I only need to use about half the amount I previously did to get those huge milky hits. Really efficient, happy with the vape.. I Hope to try the Ascent/Cera one day as well too, though, so I can personally compare.

max

Out to lunch
which of these vaporizers would be considered the 'safest' to use in terms of getting the purest vapor?
Nobody can answer that until mj is legal and somebody is willing to ante up the money for some studies/testing.

max,
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom