1. What does SSTB mean? See our glossary of acronyms.
    Dismiss Notice

Aromed 4.0

Discussion in 'Plug-in Vaporizers' started by High n Dry, Jan 15, 2009.

1. Hogni

Hogni Honi soit qui mal y pense

@lazylathe , what's about your testing with the mesh around the halogene bulb? Is it a notable increasing performance?

2. Abysmal Vapor

Abysmal Vapor Shaman of The Pyramid of Orlin'Malah

I think he mentioned somewhere he is combusting with it.

lazylathe and Hogni like this.
  3. splitz

splitz Well-Known Member

Thought I'd share this setup:

I've never liked whip tubing. I find it stinks, and takes away from the entire experience for me. As such, my Aromed has been closeted for many months. Today I did something about that.

Apologies for the dirty glass.

Modded a rec bowl and flame polished:

[​IMG]

Used part of the @DDave concentration chamber as a step down. At first I had a straight through adapter, but quickly found myself out of breath before the goods were extracted - too free flowing. Restriction created by the @DDave adapter generates a tremendous amount of control at the mouthpiece end. It also allows for the heated air to circulate a little longer in the rec bowl.

[​IMG]

Then into @Oregonglassblower adapter, and onto the Roor...

[​IMG]

Here's the full tube setup. I love the control this offers. Anything "tangie" and your lips pucker! There's something to be said for gently extracting only the essence. I love cloud chasing, but do notice a different feel/vibe when putting the time in to a flavorful session. Nice to have this unit back in rotation.

[​IMG]

4. Steph

Steph Well-Known Member

I did the same thing to use it with my bubbler, don't like silicone tubing either :D

VapeKnight likes this.
  5. DDave

DDave Vape Wizard Accessory Maker

Rock On @splitz

What an awesome idea!

lazylathe likes this.
  6. VapeKnight

VapeKnight Well-Known Member

personally I don't mind the idea of tubing, I just don't like the silicone. Hopefully one day I'll stumble across something nicer from a hookah perhaps. The shorter rec herb holder is definitely on my list, and I like the removal of the goose neck.

lazylathe likes this.

Support FC, visit our trusted friends and sponsors