• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Aromed 4.0

stinkmeaner

I know the Supreme is not the prettiest or most advanced looking vaporizer to the naked eye. You have to look past the simple parts (wood block & thermometer) The reason why used it as an example is its heat exchanger, look at the design, the air simply stays in it longer giving greater chance of being heated.

In the Supreme's case, the air travels through many levels of heated metal which assures fully heated air by the time it exits and travels through to the herbs. There is more surface area, that is the key for thorough air heating.

The Aromed also has a loose fitting bowl which means cool air can travel into the bowl while you are inhaling. This would make the temperature setting inaccurate, not to mention the Aromed's thermocouple is under the lighbulb (in the socket), I don't see how it can know the temperature of the herbs like they claim on the website.

And I still hold my belief that it doesn't matter if the heat is coming from the top or the bottom because many good vaporizers have bowls or whips that you can remove so they wont overheat between hits anyways.

I am raising valid points here, hard to deny. These are simple principles of heating.

HazyDayz

Stink, don't fall for it. He's doing nothing but baiting you here.

Thats a bit rich Iwien considering what Stinks been posting! Even people that havnt posted have felt the need to register because of the garbage Stinks been writing! lol. He's been mis-informing about this device in every thread i've come across. Very sad person but makes me laugh at the stupidity lol. Saying things like 'it doesnt matter where the heat source comes from', and comparing the Aromed to the supreme and vapexcloud is a joke.

Loads of vapes have their place but if you want one that can be set to a precise temperature to ensure you're boiling away only the compounds you want there are only 2 on the market to choose from. Digital Volcano for bag vape, AroMed for whip vape. No other vapes come close when it comes to precise temp control, clean vape and build quality. Personally, I get the Aromed because of the glass heating element, and being above the herb, water filtration, fresher vapor, efficiency etc.

Vapolamp, as I understand it the only part that gets hot is the glass, and the metal is minimal. No more of an issue than the gauze. I meant 'glass pathway' instead of 'all glass pathway' earlier in the thread before someone pulls me up on it.

Im getting the AroMed because I have asthma and my regular vape is a bit smoky and its ittitating my chest a bit, plus now im into vaping im searching for the tastiest, cleanest vapor I can get, isnt that the point! My PD could well be running at 200C / 390F and at that temp there is significant amounts of benzene in the vapor which is a carcinogenic. If I get a variable vape that precisely controls the temperature I can set it to 185c-190c and avoid more toxins as I wont need to go above this.

?-9-tetrahydrocannabinol (THC)
Boiling point: 157*C / 314.6 degree Fahrenheit
Properties: Euphoriant, Analgesic, Antiinflammatory, Antioxidant, Antiemetic

cannabidiol (CBD)
Boiling point: 160-180*C / 320-356 degree Fahrenheit
Properties: Anxiolytic, Analgesic, Antipsychotic, Antiinflammatory, Antioxidant, Antispasmodic

Cannabinol (CBN)
Boiling point: 185*C / 365 degree Fahrenheit
Properties: Oxidation, breakdown, product, Sedative, Antibiotic

AroMed is the only vape on the market that controls and maintains the actual temp of the herb, and to an accuracy of 1C-5C. So it was a no brainer which vape I went for.

Its annoying that people that havnt even tried the AroMed are slagging it off, and mainly for the looks. The company seem to care about the right things and deserve more credit, but seeing as their priority isnt marketing, sales, asthetics etc it isnt surprising.

mod note: The 1st paragraph in your post shows the kind of personal attack that any decent forum is not going to allow.

stinkmeaner

HazyDayz said:
Stink, don't fall for it. He's doing nothing but baiting you here.

Thats a bit rich Iwien considering what Stinks been posting! Even people that havnt posted have felt the need to register because of the garbage Stinks been writing! lol. He's been mis-informing about this device in every thread i've come across. Very sad person but makes me laugh at the stupidity lol. Saying things like 'it doesnt matter where the heat source comes from', and comparing the Aromed to the supreme and vapexcloud that arnt even variable is a joke.
Insulting me is not proving a point or disproving what I said. I have not misinformed anyone, I am merely sharing my opinions.

If I keep explaining my points to you it will sound like I am repeating myself and arguing. So I will ask you what you see about the Aromed heater that makes it superior to the Supreme.

*Again, why would it matter if the heat source is on top?
If you have a heat source underneath with a bowl on top, you can remove the bowl from the heat in-between hits. You don't heat log vape owners complaining about their heaters being on the bottom.

HazyDayz said:
Personally, I get the Aromed because of the glass heating element
It may use a glass light bulb but you still have to factor in what surrounds the glass. There is a metal sleeve for one, and also metal in the light socket itself. The air touches all of these things so it is not all glass.

HazyDayz said:
Im getting the AroMed because I have asthma and my regular vape is a bit smoky and its ittitating my chest a bit, plus now im into vaping im searching for the tastiest, cleanest vapor I can get, isnt that the point! My PD could well be running at 200C / 390F and at that temp there is significant amounts of benzene in the vapor which is a carcinogenic. If I get a variable vape that precisely controls the temperature I can set it to 185c-190c and avoid more toxins as I wont need to go above this.

AroMed is the only vape on the market that controls and maintains the actual temp of the herb, and to an accuracy of 1C-5C. So it was a no brainer which vape I went for.

Please understand that the Aromed has not proven it has a way of knowing the temperature of the herb, the thermocouple is way up in the light socket (where the bulb plugs in), inches away from the herb. They would have to use a infrared thermometer and it would have to be directly about the herb for that to be true.

In fact because it lacks a sealed bowl chamber and cold air gets in (where the bowl and the heater meet) The Aromed is most likely one of the less accurate vaporizers. It is like leaving the oven door open.

HazyDayz

Insulting me is not proving a point or disproving what I said. I have not misinformed anyone, I am merely sharing my opinions.

Sorry but its a fact.

*Again, why would it matter if the heat source is on top?
If you have a heat source underneath with a bowl on top, you can remove the bowl from the heat in-between hits. You don't heat log vape owners complaining about their heaters being on the bottom.

:lol: * Again, because its a better design. You just explained it yourself! Having the heat source above enables me to leave the herb exactly where it is and sup as I like without the herb degrading. OMG :lol:

It may use a glass light bulb but you still have to factor in what surrounds the glass. There is a metal sleeve for one, and also metal in the light socket itself. The air touches all of these things so it is not all glass.

:lol: Please read my post above. It's no more of an issue than the gauze imo, but as your a HATER im sure you'll pick the bones out of it :rolleyes:

Please understand that the Aromed has not proven it has a way of knowing the temperature of the herb, the thermocouple is way up in the light socket (where the bulb plugs in), inches away from the herb. They would have to use a infrared thermometer and it would have to be directly about the herb for that to be true.

In fact because it lacks a sealed bowl chamber and cold air gets in (where the bowl and the heater meet) The Aromed is most likely one of the less accurate vaporizers. It is like leaving the oven door open.

More rubbish. Have you actually seen the AroMed in person?

HazyDayz,

lwien

HazyDayz said:
Having the heat source above enables me to leave the herb exactly where it is and sup as I like without the herb degrading. OMG :lol:

Without the herb degrading? I don't understand the logic here. Not saying that it's not valid. I just don't understand it, so could you elaborate a bit on this as to why having a heat source on top is preferable?

lwien,

HazyDayz

Without the herb degrading? I don't understand the logic here. Not saying that it's not valid. I just don't understand it, so could you elaborate a bit on this as to why having a heat source on top is preferable?

Basically because hot air rises, having the element above the herb helps preserve it between draws.

HazyDayz,
Reactions: Jared

lwien

HazyDayz said:

Basically because hot air rises, having the element above the herb helps preserve it between draws.

Ah, ok, but with many other vapes, the herb is taken away from the heating element between draws, so doesn't this basically accomplish the same thing?

lwien,

HazyDayz

Ah, ok, but with many other vapes, the herb is taken away from the heating element between draws, so doesn't this basically accomplish the same thing?

Well its not in log vapes.

You can take the bowl off between drags instead yes! But thats the point, you dont need to with the AroMed because the element is above, you can just fill the bowl with an evenings herb and sup as and when you like without any hot air travelling through the herb.

HazyDayz,

stinkmeaner

HazyDayz said:
:lol: * Again, because its a better design. You just explained it yourself! Having the heat source above enables me to leave the herb exactly where it is and sup as I like without the herb degrading. OMG :lol:
Heat source location doesn't matter as much as design of the actual heater. I know the Supreme is a different type of vaporizer and some might say apples to oranges, but I am trying to explain this so follow this:

1. When air goes into the Supreme heater it has to travel back and forth through many layers of heated metal, these layers create more surface area for heat to transfer to the air, as a result the air stays in the heater longer therefore becomes heated to the temperature of the heater.

2. With the Aromed, the air travels into the hole above the light socket, then travels through the hole in the socket itself, then around the light bulb and exits through the holes in the bulb cover. With this design there is no turbulence, nothing for the air molecules to hold onto. Then to top it off when you inhale fast the air is mixed with cold air from where the heater connects to the bowl.

HazyDayz said:
More rubbish. Have you actually seen the AroMed in person?
yes I have seen and used the Aromed. If you can, tell me how the Aromed can read the temperature of the herbs in the bowl when the (thermocouple) is in the socket?

lwien said:
HazyDayz said:

If anything the Aromed will cook the herb more in-between hits compared to a Log Vape. Aromed can say "Heat Rises" till they are blue in the face, but only a portion of the heat will rise and you still have a 400Fdeg lighbulb an inch away from the herb, radiating away. It is not like the herb would be room temperature in between hits.

When you remove a stem from the Log Vape there is ZERO heat applied and will start returning to room temperature.

P.S. It is not hard to remove a stem either, its not a hassle or anything so I don't see the advantage.

stinkmeaner,

HazyDayz

Why is this so hard to explain.:rolleyes: When I have my PD in my hand I dont take the stem out between every draw, so inbetween draws hot air can rise and affect the taste of the herb etc.

HazyDayz,

stinkmeaner

HazyDayz said:
Why is this so hard to explain.:rolleyes: When I have my PD in my hand I dont take the stem out between every draw, so inbetween draws hot air can rise and affect the taste of the herb etc.
We understand you. Take the stem out, it is not hard or a hassle of any kind.

The Aromed still has a 400 deg light bulb above the herb, the herb will still be heated. Like I said...all heat doesn't rise. There will still be heat on the herb.

stinkmeaner,

HazyDayz

yes I have seen and used the Aromed. If you can, tell me how the Aromed can read the temperature of the herbs in the bowl when the (thermocouple) is in the socket?

I just grabbed this from their site...

How exact is the temperature setting of the AroMed?
Vaporizing temperatures in the AroMed can be selected in 1C/2F steps from 60C/152F to 235C/455F. Inhalation of about any active agent, from essential oils to components boiling at high temperatures is possible.

Like in all other vaporizers, the hot air temperature is measured where originated, but only the AroMed has a built in processor, that calculates exact temperatures inside the herbal materials.

A comparison: Another vaporizer is temperature controlled by an electric iron thermostat with a measuring tolerance of +/- 15C/59F. Fluctuation ranges of 30C/86F are most likely.

Im obviously wasting my time. At least its been brought to more peoples attention, im sure many will see through the rubbish. I will be doing a thorough report on the unit once its had decent amount of use.

Btw, heat doesnt rise, hot air rises.

Happy Vaping ;)

HazyDayz,

HazyDayz

The Aromed still has a 400 deg light bulb above the herb, the herb will still be heated. Like I said...all heat doesn't rise. There will still be heat on the herb.

The bulb only goes to selected heat when drawing and dims inbetween draws so no the herb isnt heated.

HazyDayz,

lwien

HazyDayz said:

Why leave the stem in between hits I would imagine that if you polled all of the users here, very few would leave the stem in between hits. I mean with vapor, it's kind of nice to wait a few minutes between hits, eh, so take the stem out and stick it into a shot glass between hits. No big deal.

lwien,

Egzoset

Banned
Too bad this dialogue had to be so laborious, there are many things to learn from it and even more questions to ask!

For example, is radiative heating independant of gravity?...

Egzoset,

stinkmeaner

HazyDayz said:

I just grabbed this from their site...

How exact is the temperature setting of the AroMed?
Vaporizing temperatures in the AroMed can be selected in 1C/2F steps from 60C/152F to 235C/455F. Inhalation of about any active agent, from essential oils to components boiling at high temperatures is possible.

Like in all other vaporizers, the hot air temperature is measured where originated, but only the AroMed has a built in processor, that calculates exact temperatures inside the herbal materials.

A comparison: Another vaporizer is temperature controlled by an electric iron thermostat with a measuring tolerance of +/- 15C/59F. Fluctuation ranges of 30C/86F are most likely.

Im obviously wasting my time. At least its been brought to more peoples attention, im sure many will see through the rubbish. I will be doing a thorough report on the unit once its had decent amount of use.

Btw, heat doesnt rise, hot air rises.

Happy Vaping ;)

The thermocouple is in the socket, in order for the Aromed to measure the temperature above the herb it would have to have a thermocouple above the herb. What part of that don't you get?

In order for a vaporizer to read the exact temperature, it needs to read the temperature of the air at the moment right before it reaches the herb.

They could say anything they want on their site, doesn't make it true.

stinkmeaner,

lwien

HazyDayz said:

How does it do that? Sounds like it would take some algorythims while constantly monitoring the temp and and then judge the heat needed to be applied and make adjustments accordingly. But then, how does it calculate how much you put in the bowl, how dry or moist the bud is or how finely ground it is, because all these would need to also be taken into consideration, eh?

Quoting advertising and marketing copy and believing that it is all true is foolhardy. I was in the marking/advertising game for too long, so believe me when I say that I know how that game is played.

Advertising and marketing copy SHOULD be challenged. Nothing wrong in that at all.

lwien,

HazyDayz

Yeah your right it is nice to wait between hits, thats what makes the heating design on the AroMed an advantage as it can be left without any messing. I hold the PD while having 2-3 tokes then take it out. Anyway, PD's only have tiny stems so not really an issue. Nice little advantage compared to many whip vapes tho.

HazyDayz,

HazyDayz

Quoting advertising and marketing copy and believing that it is all true is foolhardy. I was in the marking/advertising game for too long, so believe me when I say that I know how that game is played.

:lol: Thats not the only info on it, its been tested.

How does it do that? Sounds like it would take some algorythims while constantly monitoring the temp and and then judge the heat needed to be applied and make adjustments accordingly. But then, how does it calculate how much you put in the bowl, how dry or moist the bud is or how finely ground it is, because all these would need to also be taken into consideration, eh?

Its a precise unit aimed mainly towards medical inhalation 'Phyto-Inhalation'. Not a gimmicky stylish vape for stoners. They've not just posted BS on their site :lol:

HazyDayz,

stinkmeaner

Exactly lwien, there are too many variables. I will add one: Cold Air which creeps in from the edges of the bowl since there is no GonG seal or seal of any kind.

HazyDayz if you still don't understand what I am saying about the temperature reading then think about this. When you go to the doctor and he takes you temperature, he asks you to put the thermometer under your tongue and close your mouth. You close your mouth and press your tongue down so that no cool air enters and alters the reading. The same can be said about the air entering the bowl from where it doesn't seal.

So how can the Aromed adjust its temperature according to the cold air entering at the point where you put the bulb into the bowl?

stinkmeaner,

HazyDayz

HazyDayz if you still don't understand what I am saying about the temperature reading then think about this. When you go to the doctor and he takes you temperature, he asks you to put the thermometer under your tongue and close your mouth. You close your mouth and press your tongue down so that no cool air enters and alters the reading. The same can be said about the air entering the bowl from where it doesn't seal.

LMFAO!!!

HazyDayz,

stinkmeaner

HazyDayz said:

LMFAO!!!

I don't understand what is funny, I was trying to use an analogy you might understand since my technical explanations were not clicking.

Again, how can the Aromed read a temperature of the Herbs when 1. the thermocouple is not anywhere near. 2. the cold air can still enter from where the bowl and heater meet.

stinkmeaner,

lwien

I am now convinced that fanboys (not meant in a derogatory way) brains work a bit different than the norm. Their expectations sure are a lot different. Not deficient, mind you, just......different.

So with that in mind, Stink and Hazy might as well be talking two different languages. :/

No way in hell that Hazy will question what Aromed states in their marketing copy and there's no way in hell that Stink won't question it.

Any further discussions is just pure entertainment. ;)

lwien,

HazyDayz

Again, how can the Aromed read a temperature of the Herbs when 1. the thermocouple is not anywhere near. 2. the cold air can still enter from where the bowl and heater meet.

The new temperature control is far more precise with a thermo resistor that includes calculation of varying actual room temperatures. The peak air-flow temperature of 235C (455F) is available after only two minutes.

I am now convinced that fanboys brains work a bit different than the norm. Their expectations sure are a lot different. Not deficient, mind you, just......different.

So with that in mind, Stink and Hazy might as well be talking two different languages

:lol: Im no fan boy, just came on here to see what Aromed users are about and the HATERS cant stay away :)

No way in hell that Hazy will question what Aromed states in their marketing copy and there's no way in hell that Stink won't question it.

What makes you think that? Of course I looked into it :lol::lol:

HazyDayz,
Top Bottom