Aromed 4.0

Konrad_Zuse

Personally it looks a little scary to me, it looks like an iv I'm going to put into my arm and vape through my blood stream, haha.

I would like to see some additional info as well though.

Also how much does this thing cost? The site says EURO 360/pc I have no idea what that means. 360 EUROS?

The liquid cooling looks pretty cool too.

Like I said about it above, about the looks, it has really no stealth to it. To me, if I was going to my friends to look at this, I would think it was some sort of crazy injector or something...

Just my 2 cents :).

Konrad_Zuse,

HazyDayz

I've just bought one of these as I wanted a digital whip vape with an all glass air flow and cleanest vapour possible as my chest isnt in great condition. I've been using a Purple Days for a while and love it, but its ittitating my chest a little too much and I think its because its running a bit too hot for me, and the heat of the vapour isnt helping either with the short stems. After some searching i've just ordered an AroMed 4.0, it looks an awesome bit of kit! I cant believe they're not more popular?! Ok, they dont look very good to most people, but health and function is much more important surely? I couldn't ignore the bulb heating design that sits above the herb, and that wont offgas. Precise temp control of the actual herb chamber, and water filtration. Add to that german quality and 3 year warrantee and its a no brainer.

Doesn't seem very popular on here though, any Aromed users about?

HazyDayz,

vapormonkey

Good post. I'd be interested to know how it works out for you Looks like a good design. Does it use air flow from a fan? I had the same thoughts as you while looking at it. You must be German....lol.

vapormonkey,
If you use the search button it will come up with some earlier post about this unit and experiences with it. Not much is known about the unit so I sure it stops people from considering it, but I would personally much rather wait for the oracle to come out. Seems like a much more solid light heated vape.

biojuggernaut,

lwien

biojuggernaut said:
If you use the search button it will come up with some earlier post about this unit and experiences with it. Not much is known about the unit so I sure it stops people from considering it, but I would personally much rather wait for the oracle to come out. Seems like a much more solid light heated vape.

One of the main differences between the Oracle and the Aromed is that the Oracle is fan assisted and that is a pretty damn big difference. For people that have decreased lung capacity, a fan assisted vape can be a godsend. But for many whose lungs are functioning normally they much prefer a whip based vape without fan assist.

Even though the Oracle and the Aromed use a similar heat source, the similarities end there.

HazyDayz

Good post. I'd be interested to know how it works out for you Looks like a good design. Does it use air flow from a fan? I had the same thoughts as you while looking at it. You must be German....lol.

Thanks vapormonkey. I'll do a report once its had a bit of use :) ... and im British! lol

Yeah I done a search and read the threads but there's not much to read, thought there might be some more Aromed users about?
The Oracle does look interesting, didnt come across that one. Just checked it out and would rather go with the Aromed tbh. You say the Oracle 'seems like a more solid light heated vape', why's that? The Aromed has stood the test of time, its been around for 8-10 years being fine tuned. I'd be more worried about the reliability of the Oracle, being a new product....

One of the main differences between the Oracle and the Aromed is that the Oracle is fan assisted and that is a pretty damn big difference. For people that have decreased lung capacity, a fan assisted vape can be a godsend. But for many whose lungs are functioning normally they much prefer a whip based vape without fan assist.

Even though the Oracle and the Aromed use a similar heat source, the similarities end there

Yeah that makes sense, personally im not too keen on fan assisted though.

HazyDayz,

max

Out to lunch
The Aromed is a very good vape, but has never really gained a huge fan base. Could be due to price, the lab equipment looks, or a combination of factors.

I've been using a Purple Days for a while and love it, but its ittitating my chest a little too much and I think its because its running a bit too hot for me, and the heat of the vapour isnt helping either with the short stems.
One reason I prefer the PD type vape is because big hitting vapes, when I use on a regular basis, are harder on my lungs. You can always lengthen the vapor tube with some tubing. If the Aromed ends up being kinder to you lungs, it's probably due to the cooling effect from the whip and/or water filtration.

I couldn't ignore the bulb heating design that sits above the herb, and that wont offgas.
The halogen bulb also isn't going to maintain your temp the way a log vape does, with its heat exchanger. A bulb, like a typical vape heating element, needs time to recover from a good sized hit. As for offgassing, you're getting into an area where there are far more opinions than facts, but if you're suggesting that stainless steel offgasses, I'd have to disagree. The temps aren't nearly high enough.

max,

HazyDayz

One reason I prefer the PD type vape is because big hitting vapes, when I use on a regular basis, are harder on my lungs. You can always lengthen the vapor tube with some tubing. If the Aromed ends up being kinder to you lungs, it's probably due to the cooling effect from the whip and/or water filtration.

I could adapt the PD but dont really want to as its not ideal. To have water filtration i'd have to tip the PD upside down meaning any debris that has fallen through could then contact the heat exchange, combust, then I end up inhaling that. Just lengthening the stem wont help as I think its running a bit too hot for me anyway, plus I want to get something that guarantees clean vapour every time. I love the PD but debris can come in contact with the exchange and compromise the vapour when you inhale. Im not saying that happens often or is a problem, just that it can happen.

The halogen bulb also isn't going to maintain your temp the way a log vape does, with its heat exchanger. A bulb, like a typical vape heating element, needs time to recover from a good sized hit. As for offgassing, you're getting into an area where there are far more opinions than facts, but if you're suggesting that stainless steel offgasses, I'd have to disagree. The temps aren't nearly high enough.

The bulb, and temp of the chanber is controlled by a chip that adjusts 50 times a second to keep temps as steady as possible. Im sure the bulb would be able to maintain temps if the vaporiser is being used properly, wouldn't have thought they would have gone through all that trouble of using a chip otherwise lol. Im really not sure about the offgassing tbh, you may be right. IMO its good that they have considered this in the design however minute a chance there is of it happening.

I'll report how I get on with it anyway. :)

HazyDayz,

max

Out to lunch
To have water filtration i'd have to tip the PD upside down meaning any debris that has fallen through could then contact the heat exchange, combust, then I end up inhaling that.
There is no combustion with this vape, period. I use it tipped up all the time, to avoid losing herb from the bowl.

Just lengthening the stem wont help as I think its running a bit too hot for me anyway
I'd have to disagee. Lengthening the air path is exactly what is needed to cool vapor. This is designed as a fixed temp, and complaints about getting too hot have been zero AFAIK.

The bulb, and temp of the chanber is controlled by a chip that adjusts 50 times a second to keep temps as steady as possible. Im sure the bulb would be able to maintain temps if the vaporiser is being used properly, wouldn't have thought they would have gone through all that trouble of using a chip otherwise lol.
With normal hits you shouldn't have any problems, but physics are physics and if you hit it hard, then someone else immediately does the same, I'm not sure how efficient a halogen bulb can be at returning to proper temp that quickly. I haven't used the Aromed, but I do have experience with a halogen bulb vape. It hasn't proven to be a heater design that other vape makers have chosen to use. The plus is that the heater is always user replaceable, as long as you can get the right bulb. At any rate, a heat exchanger is always going to beat a naked element for maintaining temp. These quibbles aside, I'm sure you'll like the vape. It's a quality product.

max,

lwien

max said:
To have water filtration i'd have to tip the PD upside down meaning any debris that has fallen through could then contact the heat exchange, combust, then I end up inhaling that.
There is no combustion with this vape, period. I use it tipped up all the time, to avoid losing herb from the bowl.

Me too. I've been using my PD turned upside in my bong every night for the past year and never once experienced combustion with debris falling through.

vapormonkey

I think in German. This Aromed device is similar to the design in my head, only I'd sandwich the herb between two chip controlled bulbs mounted in a tube. Then I'd add air assist through the middle. Think the LSV tube lit up with halogen bulbs.

We can rebuild it...we can make it better----The Six Million Dollar Man

HazyDayz

Me too. I've been using my PD turned upside in my bong every night for the past year and never once experienced combustion with debris falling through.

How do you know!!

I like the PD but I want a water filtered vape with accurate temp control and glass path to conserve the taste its as simple as that!

HazyDayz,

stinkmeaner

If one is talking about off-gassing of other vapes compared to the Aromed, you should take a closer look at the Aromed.

The air travels through a light socket with METAL terminals, surely whatever ceramic that the socket is made of is not made to breath through, there is also a Huge METAL Shield around the light bulb. I can't fathom how nobody besides me notices these things, this vape does not have an all glass air path, that title would have to go to the VHW and the future VapeXhale.

I am not saying it is toxic but there is surely more than glass touching the air so if you are the type worried about the metal in a Log Vape then you should also worry about the metal in the Aromed.

HazyDayz

If one is talking about off-gassing of other vapes compared to the Aromed, you should take a closer look at the Aromed.

The air travels through a light socket with METAL terminals, surely whatever ceramic that the socket is made of is not made to breath through, there is also a Huge METAL Shield around the light bulb. I can't fathom how nobody besides me notices these things, this vape does not have an all glass air path, that title would have to go to the VHW and the future VapeXhale.

I am not saying it is toxic but there is surely more than glass touching the air so if you are the type worried about the metal in a Log Vape then you should also worry about the metal in the Aromed.

Good point. I got this from their site...

We have good reasons to heat our system with a halogen bulb: it is ultraviolet-free and provides heat without setting free any dangerous gases. Other devices are built of materials which gas out medically unwanted substances, e.g. the brass holder of a glass bowl vaporizer.
In case of another vaporizer, the heating element is constructed of aluminium. Well known is the "aluminosis syndrome", a lung disease common with aluminium smelting personal.

HazyDayz,

stinkmeaner

I also remember a while back I made a comment about the enclosure being similar to a hobby box or power supply box and then someone emailed that to Aromed and they basically said I was crazy. Well I am not, :lol:

512_s.jpg

While I am at it the same place has the Vaporfection lineup. :D

1456Grps.jpg

http://www.hammondmfg.com/scpg.htm

Hippie Dickie

The Herbal Cube
Manufacturer
a heat exchanger is always going to beat a naked element for maintaining temp

naked element maintains temperature just fine when done right, i.e. with enough instantaneous power to the element.

Hippie Dickie,

HazyDayz

Yeah theres many devices that look like that, it doesnt matter. The company that make the AroMed's main priority is delivering clean tastey vapour, not looking good lol. They're trying to produce a MEDICAL GRADE product, that says it all.

HazyDayz,

stinkmeaner

I would think the bud toaster has some form of heat exchange system too. Once the glass tube is heated is acts as a heat exchanger for when the air flows down the sides and up into the herb vial. If the herb vial stays inside the chamber long enough it can hold heat also.

stinkmeaner,

Hippie Dickie

The Herbal Cube
Manufacturer
the glass tube is heated is acts as a heat exchanger

50F temp drop with first toke in fixed temperature configuation

0F temp drop with temperature control

Hippie Dickie,

Highlight

Hey just signed up because I wanted to add my two cents to this conversation. :2c:

First of all, the aromed bulb is encased in a glass holder (http://www.aromed.com/schraubkappe.jpg)

Second, stinkmeaner, anyone who uses a screen to hold their herb is guilty of off-gassing by your misleading logic. I think it'd be superfluous to explain why aromed off-gasing is a non-issue. Light > Heating Element. Welcome to 2011 :ko:

Can you taste the light at the end of the tunnel? MMMM I can. BTW mine cost $420.. how peculiar :cool:

Highlight,

stinkmeaner

Highlight said:
Hey just signed up because I wanted to add my two cents to this conversation. :2c:

First of all, the aromed bulb is encased in a glass holder (http://www.aromed.com/schraubkappe.jpg)

Second, stinkmeaner, anyone who uses a screen to hold their herb is guilty of off-gassing by your misleading logic. I think it'd be superfluous to explain why aromed off-gasing is a non-issue. Light > Heating Element. Welcome to 2011 :ko:

Can you taste the light at the end of the tunnel? MMMM I can. BTW mine cost $420.. how peculiar :cool:

I am surely not trying to mislead you guy.

First off-glassing is just terminology spread around the internet vaporizing community, no vaporizer has been proven to off-gass. I did not imply the Aromed is toxic in any way, I don't think this lamp is a role model to medical grade or should be called "the healthiest vape" as some people refer to is as.

You say "welcome to 2011" Well I surely welcome 2011 to come, I welcome it with open arms, You know why? Because in 2011 we will have The Cloud, a truly modern vaporizer. At the very least there is no bolts and light-sockets in the air path.

Highlight

You're hilarious stinkmeaner. You've compared the aromed to 'pieces bought at a hardware store.'

When the cloud has a built in processor that calculates the exact temperatures inside your herb 50 times a second, around the heating element, compensates for relative temperature of your room, has undergone over a decade of research, and is backed by 6 medical insurance companies, I'll consider your sentiments.

You, seem to forget that terpenes are lost at relatively low temps, hence why the cloud still won't compare to the aromed in the taste department. Not to mention the physical advantage of drawing hot air DOWN, away from the heat source with no fan, rather than up. Using light as a heat source is, and always will be far superior.

BTW I never denied that the vapor may come in contact with miniscule amounts of metal, but the point is that it is an amount comparable to a mesh screen. Other than that, the GLASS on the bulb is the only part getting hot enough to raise concern, not the socket. Once you sit down and compare side by side, your argument becomes laughable honestly. :lol:

I find your posts to be more often petty rants than anything of substance stinkmeaner. I think you just like to moan cutie pie :p

Back to the tastiest hit on the planet *poof*

Highlight,
Reactions: sweetherb

lwien

Highlight, you are a brand new member here and as such, you may want to just hang for a bit and get the lay of the land before writing such a condescending post as you wrote above. It is obvious that it is designed to push some buttons around here, and if I were you, I'd lighten up a bit and leave that chip on your shoulder at the front door.

Stink, don't fall for it. He's doing nothing but baiting you here.

Man, one thing I learned about fishing, and that is you don't want your bait to look like bait. ;)

But regarding the Aromed, I've always been intrigued by it. It's a pretty unique vape on a lot of different levels.

stinkmeaner

You seem pretty upset by my comments for someone that just joined today. It would seem to the bystander that you own or work for Aromed. I still don't think your air path should force air through the actual light socket, its not sound engineering.

It doesn't matter where the heat comes from, UP, Down, Sideways even just wont matter. What does matter is how stable your heat source is. Stable temperature comes from a heat exchanger or chamber, both of which the Aromed doesn't have. Instead the Aromed just has a lightbulb which radiates heat to the herb, if you breath too hard the air will just whiz by the light bulb without the time even to get heated. That is why the Aromed is not popular and the reason you cant get stable thick vapor unless you turn it up to nearly the maximum. The Supreme vape can get solid hits from 270-280F because it has a heat exchanger which delivers consistent heat no matter how fast you draw.

You also make it sound like a "Built in processor" is a big deal, it isn't. Nearly any digital vaporizer uses a processor to control the temperature with PID loop. You cant make me think processors are anything new in temperature control, heck my girls hair iron has a built in processor and my soldering stations do to. I think of Aromed had it their way...they would have you to believe they shrunk a home computer and put it under the hood. :lol:

stinkmeaner,

Highlight

How do you bait a baiter, lwien? I am only giving him what he obviously begs for EVERYDAY with his crude, simple minded posts. Have a look at his MANY negative previous posts, and don't mind the one little jab I have taken at his inflated ego.

stinkmeaner: "It doesnt matter where the heat comes from"

LOL I stopped reading right there. No I don't work for Aromed, and no I do not own, I pwn, TY. ;)

Beware FC readers: stinkmeanker is a recklessly uninformed old man, and anything he posts should be taken with a grain of salt.

I'm done debating with this clown. Supreme vape.. roflmao!!

Modnote: Read the rules you agreed to. http://www.fuckcombustion.com/misc.php?action=rules
All members must be treated in a respectful and adult manner. All members should respect and adhere to the promotion of harmony within the community. Do not attempt to disrupt the community in any way.
No flaming. Please do not post any messages that harass, insult, belittle, threaten or flame another member.

Highlight,
Top Bottom