Aromazap/Myrtlezap/CeramicRockZap

pyronym

Harry Mooseknuckle
Ah the battery. I think the battery is defective because the pack turns it self off other than that it works pretty good but if I wanted to go hiking and leave it in a back pack then I'd have to check it once every 45 min or so to make sure it's on. The time seems to be between 4 and 8 hours but its hard to tell because it turns itself off. What do you expect for 10 bucks in an online auction though.
Later,
Tom

pyronym,

Prankster

How easy is it to combust using the zap?

I currently own one of the ebay Chinese VB knockoffs that I bought for about 50 bux. It's pretty easy to combust and it doesn't heat efficiently (looses heat very quickly). It's also pretty hit or miss on getting decent vapor sometimes when the stars are aligned i get nice creamy hits that don't make me cough and other times even the smallest draw brings smoke which chokes me like the devil.
I'm looking for a plug and play device. that I can keep plugged in and wont combust as easily.

Prankster,

max

Out to lunch
How easy is it to combust using the zap?
It has a set temp, so combustion is not an issue.

The problems you're having with the cheap box vape are typical. If you'll look at the vapes getting good reviews here, you'll have a variety of vape designs to choose from and won't have to worry about those kinds of problems.

max,

Rick

Zapman
It is right next to impossible to combust with a Zap. It does not get hot enough. That is assuming normal operation with a standard 12 volt transformer.

New wood in. I will try to turn a couple tomorrow. Some very nice stuff from what I can see at this stage. Very busy on the farm too.

R

Rick,

pyronym

Harry Mooseknuckle
Hows the wood look. I think I will be in the market for my second next week. I've noticed my unit works better in the car but I think I'm going to get a ups for the house to regulate the voltage as it's an old house and I think thats where my home issues is stemming from.

pyronym,

Rick

Zapman
The wood is incredible. I have already done a couple.

All electric grids run within a RANGE of voltage. They are all different slightly. Then there is the efficiency/age of the wiring in the house. Other loads on the same circuit? And heat from the Zap is directly related to voltage.

More later gotta go

Rick,

Prankster

So I'm all excited ready to order a a zap with the new beautiful wood and the wife uncharacteristically freaks the fuck out on me. She's decided that even though up to this point she has had zero say in how I spend my money after 15 years it's time to give me some shit..

So now i gotta get a shovel.

Prankster,

Hammock Guru

Rick! RICK! RICK!!

My new Myrtlezap just arrived!!! It's GORGEOUS!! I oiled it a bit...it's even prettier...Did a stem or three, and now I'm nicely toasted.

Thank you!

For what it's worth...yes, I get more visible vapor from my in-car zap. 12V systems suffer from voltage drop with distance, so even though my home is 12V, the distance between it and the storage batteries results in a just a bit of drop...I think it's a fine line...
Y'all will just have to believe me...I'm very high right now. Happily so!

Hammock Guru,

Rick

Zapman
Prankster
Be sure to point out to the little woman the authentic Aroma diffusing function of Zaps. It displays nicely in ones home, dispensing a nice aroma in the air. Then if SHE feels like it, she can insert a vapor stem and chill abit. Or smile. Also, please be aware what you experienced is just life. I have been married to my love 43 years and together 45 years. Your experience is very common. Women are women. It seems best not to try to figure them out too much. Just go with the flow. Put the shovel away unless you want to dig yourself a nice cave. Ah, life. Always some challenges.

Guru
Glad you like it and it made it.

In general, the new wood is almost all the "musical instrument grade". Very classy stuff. My problem right now is the farm is really kicking ass so we are pick, pick, picking and cleaning and selling. Farmers market today then chefs during the week. The weather has been great and we have lots of water. First ones to market with outdoor grown cherry tomatoes. Happy days! Then son #1 who is at the farm now has his three boys for 3 weeks. Lotsa fun. Semi organized chaos around here. Normal.

Rick

Rick,

CuttyBuddy

I got my Myrtlezap yesterday. I ike it alot. Especially as aromatherapy. I have a dog and sometimes the place gets musty, this thing helps bigtime. Ok Love the look feel and everything. First thing i noticed was how small it was. I was expecting bigger. Camera adds a few pounds i guess. But gorgeous.

Only thing for me is I own a SSV and the hits are really healthy and fat. Sometimes giving me lung burn. I love that, i really do. It's so purely satisfying feeling like my lungs are collapsing, call me crazy. As far as i can tell this unit cannot give me those kind of hits. One little teeny complaint, and i don't even like to do this because the unit will serve my home greatly, is that it seems to burn my throat a bit. Kinda like when u combust a bit. After i finish vaping with it my throat kinda feels a bit 'burnt' and 'soar' which was something i only felt with 'smoking'. The vapor maybe be hot but when i dump out the material it appears as if there MAY POSSIBLY be a bit of combustion which MAY or MAY NOT be what's making the throat irritated. I dunno. I just know Rick did one hell of a job and I respect his work a great deal. I will in the near future be purchasing a PD at some point after the summer so I will be able to give a decent review of both. I personally don't have any 'loyalties' to either inventor so no bias here. Any questions feel free to ask. I'm going to vape another hit outta my Myrtlezap. I'm here. :peace:

CuttyBuddy,

Rick

Zapman
Cuttybuddy
Once the vapor starts flowing good, loosen your liplock on the stem just a bit. That will let some outside, cooler air into the vapor stream which will cool the vapor.

We have had a handful of folks with extra sensitive throats in the past. We made them some custom stems, almost twice the length of the standard stem. That did help.

R

Rick,

keiffybru

hey rick i just ordered a Myrtlezap tuesday thank you and your wife for all the hard work . cant wait to get it. my last vape was a Inavap so im excited to get a real Quality vape. thanks again

keiffybru,

Rick

Zapman
HA! How ironic that is! The guy who started Inavap was one of our first competitors. He was a college guy who kept working me after a sale to him. He finally said he tried to take it apart and messed up the wiring so could he please have a wiring diagram. When I said "no, you figure it out", he sent me a big wad of "F YOU" emails. Then Inavape showed up several months later. That was 2003/2004 I think. He messed up because he tried to make everything bigger for bigger hits. Great idea but he used the same heater so not enough heat for the bigger stem tip, etc. So he upped the voltage going in and burned out heaters. I think his name was Jason but not sure. We have had many people copy us over the years, most got greedy and the copy did not work right.

Keiffy
I believe you got one from the new wood. It shipped today.

R

Rick,

dadesign

well thanks for welcoming me to this forum in advanced. I have been vaping for about a month. at first I didnt know much about vape(except you use less and it is much better and healthier) but learned a good bit. uunfortunately I got a chinese vape...which really is hit or miss. I have been using it but really it has not been consistent and that i want. this thing could be so varied as to the result and I want that to be constant.

so I started looking for something better. I thought about going back to a bong and just buying a higher end glass. then i remembered the lung burn and coughing and well god everythign about it. after effects and all. I didn't want that. I wanted something more controlled. you could probebly figure out how be more consistent with this chinese vape but i might go through a lot of weed to get it just right.

so I looked around for a higher end vape and looked at Da Budda and Silver surfer....then I found the purple daze...which I thought...that is just what I need...but the wait time is two months so I started looking around for another place to buy one and I ran across something for Aroma Zap and I looked at the Myrtle zap gorgeous..cheaper too and looks really more stylish....I am a Designer and my own aesthetics are just as important creative consistent highs.

so tommarrow I will be ordering one of the Myrtles...I sure hope the wait time is not as nearly as long as the PD

I am hoping to get one just as gorgeous as the first one I saw pictured in here.

look forward to predictable measured "doses" while not medicinal but more of a spiritual and creative high

dadesign,

dadesign

Rick said:
OK, here is just one I got recently. I will copy/paste it from Email but I will delete any reference to any other vape maker and who sent it to me.

Thanks Rick - definitely enjoying it...
I have a friendship and loyalty to.......... so you'll understand that I'll "lay low" regarding praising your vape on FC but I'm glad I bought it.
I would say from two sessions with it that it's possible that the hits are a little stronger with your unit but the hits are more "refined" with the.........- either or, they're both great units.
Also for whatever reason, it's easier to blow out the duff from the tube with your unit than the........... - it doesn't stick to the screen.
Anyway good luck and thanks for writing back.

and...........
I received the new Myrtlezap and it looks and works great. The round shape fits much better in my arthritic hands. That's a big improvement.

Hope you continue to have success and the farm has a good year.
and....
that's exciting. everyone i introduce to the vaporizer is impressed. you've got quite a novelty item.
and........
Hi Zapman - how much do you charge for just the myrtlezap base unit? I'm an old customer and my original zap finally bit the dust after over 6 years of use. Thanks.

I can find lots of stuff like this, especially if I go to my old AOL Email account(ugh) but my point is, how does anybody know if it is true? The internet is full of liars and phony people. That is why I traditionally have never done "testimonials".

The bottom line as I have said before, is that we still sell a decent amount of Zaps every week after being in business since 2001. Zero advertising of any kind for several years. So why do people keep coming back? The product price and customer service. That is "goodwill" or "blue sky". It is an intangible asset on business balance sheets but can make or break a company.

Once again, apologies are in order. I will not mention another product or maker of such product on this thread. Any such information will be only via private Email, if at all.

Thanks all for the comments. I can take lots of heat if need be. Does not bother me at all. That is why we still do the customer service part of the business along with all the rest. I just have a very limited amount of time to spend doing this. As I mentioned somewhere we also have a small certified Organic Farm which takes lots of time and energy, especially this time of the year.

Madcap, shoot the heatport with some compressed air, that should do it. I am a bit confused though as there should be a small stainless screen in the heatport tube which will keep stuff from falling down into the heater area.

Thanks again all

Rick
i will tell you from a business standpoint on this...any company can be the leader in sales. that is not hard at all but to have a product that garners a following and that is built slowly over the years is invaluable. so are recommendations from customers. and the fact if you have such a huge demand...you get a back log and then to fill those orders the company expands. maybe even start to cut some corners, then they get all the orders filled and it might return to normal supply and demand OR you have a backlash from perhaps not the highest in quality control or maybe the company raised the price and you get people with buyers remorse...and then the company might have hired others...

what I am getting at is it is not always the greatest to be in such high demand...and from what I can see you seem to interact more with potential or returning customers. that is awesome. I used to run a similar operation for a non related product and it was hard to be on top. you take a brunt of the abuse/backlash too. that is also another reason to be second..can sit back and learn from mistakes of others and do it better.

as far as the overall working of the product, it seems the same for both of these but I really like the fact I can get one now and there is much more put in to it as far as attention...and the myrtle wood just looks so much more unique....cant wait to see the aroma flower made for it.

so expect my order tommarrow and I hope I can get it to praise it even more.

every one will have their preferences, i am glad you take the moral high road on it though.

dadesign,

dadesign

Hammock Guru said:
Back to Zaps.

As already mentioned, I have two. One here in my office that is left on 24/6, and another in my car. Interestingly enough, I found the warm up time is shorter--maybe 15mins?--with the unit in the car when powered directly from 12V. Maybe someone smarter than me can explain why?

My typical usage is to have one stemfull shortly upon arrival in the office, usually while waiting for my 'puter to boot up. As I pretty much only smoke sativas this is just dandy to get me focused and productive for several hours (IMO). Depending on the day, I may take another stemfull sometime mid-afternoon. I'll avoid it if I have to meet with too many straight people.

The car unit is used pretty much exclusively for road trips, generally the six hour drive I have to make a few times each month to the Capital City.

Once home I'm using vapes of other brands, for the record: Vapor Genie or an Herbalaire.

The Thing about the Zaps is that the hits are always "just right". I like being high. Stoned interferes with my life. One stem, and I'm right where I want to be. After dark and with my ladies in bed, stoned is quite OK.

Thanks Rick.
HG
im interested in this. it has been inferred that you can obtain the high feeling (from sativa) even with a blended herb if used as a variable temp vaporizor. I dont know how true that is but that is what I am after. I am not sure what I get from my supplier but I do wnat that productive one so that is a big point with vaping for me.. still have yet to figure it out. the thing with a constant temp vape like these two or even the PD...do you find that it is up to the blend or can this be achieved still with normal "unlabeled" herb?

if it will depend more on blend then I guess I am goign to have to grow some now

is the flower made out of copper by any chance? looks like it. that means you can place it in the rain and let it "corrode" to the nice copper green right? I had a design idea a while back with making flowers for the garden out of copper and letting that happen

Mod note: Posts merged. Please use the edit button to avoid on topic, back to back posts minutes apart.

dadesign,

Rick

Zapman
We only ship to US addresses. That has been our policy for several years for several reasons. We are not singling out Canada or any other country. Well, I guess we ARE singling out the USA. Anyone from out of country who got a new Zap got it shipped to them from someone other than us.

Several going out today......finally!!

R

Rick,
Not sayin ur singling out anyone, i just think it sucks. Tho I do believe that there is legislation within the NAFTA that states that it is illegal to not ship to canada and/or mexico. I'll go look it up

CheechAndBong,

dadesign

Rick said:
We only ship to US addresses. That has been our policy for several years for several reasons. We are not singling out Canada or any other country. Well, I guess we ARE singling out the USA. Anyone from out of country who got a new Zap got it shipped to them from someone other than us.

R
i can speak from experience in saying international shipments area pain in the butt, especially for the shipper, tracking to make sure they got there is a nightmare. customs is hell. might have got better since I did it in 05'. I can't blame Rick for not wanting too

dadesign,

Happycamper

Sweet Dreams Babycakes
dadesign said:
Rick said:

R
i can speak from experience in saying international shipments area pain in the butt, especially for the shipper, tracking to make sure they got there is a nightmare. customs is hell. might have got better since I did it in 05'. I can't blame Rick for not wanting too
I dont think it's that hard.

Customs really is not your problem as the shipper. Why is it hell?

I live in the UK so also ordered the PD because Mzap wont ship.

Happycamper,

Rick

Zapman
Our main reason for selling only in the US is simple and has little to do with what is mentioned above.
It is about our life, keeping it sane and manageable. We have plenty of business serving only US customers. We do not want to get big(again). We are happy poking along at a nice pace, not racing to the top.
What amazes me is why no one from Canada or Oz or Europe has copied us and/or Eterra over the years. Maybe I have just missed that. These units(and units of the same design) are very simple in design and construction and would be easy to duplicate. There are nice woods to use all over the globe so what's up? I have no problem telling people how they are made, what parts you can buy and need to fabricate. Yes, I know ours is only the Chevy with parts that are not super pure(like brass) according to the master spec sheet in the sky. They do work fine and are safe to use with the low temps needed for vapor production.

In fact, if someone from out of the US wants to copy us, let me know and I will ship an "instructional example" to you so you can see EXACTLY how we make them. Serious inquiries only and I will charge a bit of $ to get it to you. myrtlezap@hughes.net

I always thought Canada and Australia would be ripe for a good Zap clone. We sold quite a few there in the old days. Go for it!!

Oh yes.....NAFTA legislation?????? What? to force me to sell out of the US? HA! Now there is a good one!

Rick

Hippie Dickie

The Herbal Cube
Manufacturer
Rick, imho it takes a lot of heart to be an entrepreneur -- for any product -- and there are very few of us that have the stamina. Looking back, it feels like anybody can do it, but in reality, the start up inertia is just too much for most to overcome.

it just adds to the wonder.

Hippie Dickie,
Top Bottom