Aromazap/Myrtlezap/CeramicRockZap

Gunky

My little maple Rockzap has been going continuously for over 2 years. The core hasn't loosened and it still provides excellent vapor daily. It's such a great design and a crying shame and injustice, busting someone for providing high quality medical devices.

I also use my brass cherry zap from time to time. I added a retaining ring and it is still going strong.

rotax

Zaporist
My current retaining ring is completely loose. So I probably need to add 3+ new and larger rings.

What was your source for the rings? I could probably get them at an ACE by the looks of it?

I started reading back from the links you posted, but it got grim real quick... I hadn't ever seen the official story or details with Rick and everyone.

Thanks for the quick feedback! Keep the Zap thread alive friends. :)

rotax,
Reactions: Rick

underdog

shade-tree vapor engineer
Manufacturer
Ok, just wanted to follow up. I was looking at "bore diameter".

Stainless Steel
1" internal retaining ring 5 pack for $15.14 ($3.03 ea)
1.023" internal retaining ring 1 each for $3.12

It looks like with Grainger, you place your order and wait for the local store to get the item (if out of stock), then you go and pick-up at the store? No deliver to door type thing? Oh how Newegg and Amazon spoils a person. :)

You should also be able to find the rings at any decently stocked hardware or auto parts store for $2-$4/ea in stainless, considerably cheaper in plain steel. :peace:

Vitolo

Vaporist
When I ordered from Grainger it was sent to my home.
DSC01886.jpg

the parts number etc is on the package above

Last edited:
Vitolo,

rotax

Zaporist
I bought the rings from Vitolo's link: http://www.zorotools.com/g/00075665/k-ROTOR CLIP HO-100SS/ and they came by mail.

Thank you, better price there. Haven't checked shipping yet though... But ty for the link!

I have a crack inside mine and I'm concerned adding more rings will just stretch it apart quicker...which is likely what is happening naturally over time. So I may just live with the rattle/looseness instead of splitting the wood in half completely.

Ahh...time for a new log it seems...

Edit: I just removed the original retaining ring from my Zap and it measured 1.068" in its open or free state. It seems this is a little less than a new one would be at 1.111". And for what its worth, I don't think a larger ring will fit through the initial 'opening' before the ring groove. The original is a snug fit through that section as is..
I also just got done cleaning out the heat exchanger and the open space around it. I had a lot of black dust/crap come out. With this design, does it pull air from around the wood? Or is it all sealed in the heat exchanger?? And the only 'intake air' gets pulled through those top holes??
I'm really starting to realize why the CRZ made so much more sense in the long run. :p

Last edited:
rotax,

HDLar

Rick , wishing you the best as always. All my zaps are still going strong , 2 myrtles, 3 rings in each ,my rosewood in the garage ,1 ring still doing fine and my everyday BURL concrete zap is as good as day 1 , still going strong. I love em. Imho the best vape ever made. Best wishes to all in the Zap family.

Rick

Zapman
Wow! I just came back after a long absence from FC. How neat to read there is still lots of life in lots of Zaps, whatever the generation.

Getting to some news from shuttered up Zapville, we had our day in court today. I should say I had my day as this was the criminal case. Sentencing. They were nice enough to just charge me criminally. The civil case affects both Pat and me because it is about our property. That case will probably start moving now.

Anyway, I was charged with two felonies, manufacturing paraphernalia and possession of over 3 oz of marijuana. We ended up with only the possession charge which I pleaded to. Sentence was:18 months supervised probation, under $500 in "restitution" and other court costs, 250 hours of community service and withheld judgement meaning if I follow the rules, in 18 months it all goes away.

So bottom line is no more marijuana for at least 18 months. We can live with that and will. Pat is going to be much help as she can do without at anytime. I was already very close to it for other reasons.

But, the Judge also gave me a bone. I appreciate it because he must think I can handle it...... Alcohol is excluded....."alcohol is legal and you have not had a problem with it"....... Take from that what you will folks. Hey, it is the system!

We are happy this phase is over. We are happy to know I stay out of jail and follow one basic rule that I have broken for 47 years. A new chapter that will be good for us. I am looking forward to community service options.

That's the news. Multiple tens of thousands of dollars spent in the WOD.2 Helicopters, 2 SWAT teams, DEA, USPS Police, Border Patrol dog, sniper who lost a clip in our woods, later found by another LEO, Computer wizards, big van, 6 hours etc etc.........with the criminal results above.

As I said earlier, they are still after us in civil court for our homes and farm. Now we get to deal with that one. We may need some help if they get nasty. I do not expect them to do that but what the fuck do I know?
The funny thing is, Idaho thrives on tourism. You would think they would.............??????
Love you all. Thanks for the support and ongoing Zapolated whichamajigger nuggets.......
I go in tomorrow to check in with the Probation folks.

Rick and Pat

lazylathe

Almost there...
I feel honored and priviliged to own a piece of vaporizing history!
The AromaZap will be kept in a special place, still not sure if i am going to fire her up yet.

Thank you for everything you have done @Rick
I was so happy to read about your charges, there was this atmosphere of the unknown hanging around you and your situation while you waited.
Good luck to you and Pat!!!
I know you guys will come out shining in the end!!!
And what is 18 months??
It is just a drop in the ocean that is our lives.

//////

congrats, rick. you're one step closer to getting this unfortunate situation behind you.

i still love my zap. i really enjoy relaxing with my zap in hand and just sipping on it.

it is also fun to do stuff like this sometimes, too:
image_zps3cb2ee5b.jpg

edit: i posted this from my phone, so i hope the picture isn't huge.

Last edited:

lazylathe

Almost there...
My AromaZap arrived today!!!!

A very solid feeling bit of kit!
Vitolo recommended 24 hours to warm up to ideal temps but i am going away tomorrow…
So i let it warm up for 4 1/2 hours, the outside was not too warm yet.
Loaded up a stem, the load size surprised me as it is really small!
Insert into heat tube and draw slow and steady…
Massive clouds first time around!!!!
This little guy does a great job of extraction and medicates very effectively!!!

Everyone should have a vape like this!!!

Magic9

Plant Enthusiast
Has anyone cut a regular stem down in lenghth for easier water pipe usage? I remember Rick used to sell them, and I think they were just short stems. Can anyone verify?

Magic9,

Vitolo

Vaporist
They were specially cut down "regular" stems... graduated and smoothed.
They did actually cost a small amount more that the regular ones for the work involved.

Vitolo,
Reactions: Magic9

Magic9

Plant Enthusiast
Glad I checked. I was just getting ready to cut one. The full sized ones willl work I assume. I was just hoping to make it a little easier.

Magic9,
Top Bottom