Aromazap/Myrtlezap/CeramicRockZap

TwztedVaper

Boom Shankar
Hello, my shorty stem screen has come loose, what is the easiest way to turn it back and lodge it in, or is that even possible? it's still in the stem, just turned over a bit and not in place

TwztedVaper,

Vitolo

Vaporist
Remove the retaining ring completely.
Remove the screen... flatten it well... and then using a dowell, push the screen in the top until it hits the crimp (resitance will occur)
The screen will stay there well and firmly.
This is the alternative to pulling out the Stainless Steel and reinstalling all from the back (and then forcing SS part back into the tube.

Vitolo,
Reactions: ogcook

TwztedVaper

Boom Shankar
Ok so I put the screen back in without the little metal retainer ring and it seems to be lodged in fine, thanks :D also got my package with the VVPS today, loving the Zap @ 14.3V :D

TwztedVaper,
Reactions: Vitolo

Vitolo

Vaporist
At this time, it would be impossible to order...
They are no longer being made (although I here there may be a new maker at some point)
There are none around, unless you keep an eye on classifieds.
You never know when one will show up!
I had one new unused RockZap. I kept it for a year, and actually weighed out carefully each patients ability to keep the Zap forever.
It was a secret interview process, on my part, until I found the perfect owner, about a month ago.
A meticulous lady of my own generation... a cancer survivor...
whose every niche in her life is filled with things of nature... and wood.
Zap Owners are protective of these creations....
You are in the right place to find a Zap if there is one to be had, but you will need to be patient.
Place a classified add in "Wanted" for a start.(here on FC~)
Watch Craigslist... nationally.
Good luck!

Vitolo,

exit

If you leave a Ceramic Rockzap plugged in and running, does it make much of a smell? I'm not in a situation where I can just be letting weed smell cook off for a while, unfortunately!

Also, I tend to vape really intensely for 10-15 minutes and then go off and forget about the vape for while. and I've accidentally cooked the last half of my NO2 bowls like this pretty often... I assume it's the same with one of these? I haven't used a vape that uses a stem like this before.

exit,

Anonymous X

Hello all! First off i'd like to say you have my support Rick. I went to check out your website as i was in need of some accessories for my Zap and i found out it was closed. Then I remembered about FC and sure enough found the thread that got me into buying the RockZap in the first place.

Im glad to see its fairly active and you are keeping us updated on your situation. I'd love to keep reading about what's going on and I think that what you are going through is an injustice.

With all that being said, I was wondering if the accessories found on the Underdog vape site you posted are all compatible with the RZ. It seems the Nylon stems would work, but what about the 14mm GonG stem, Simple glass stems, and the Wood on Glass. Also, would the wall-wart power supply power my Zap if ever my adapter crapped out on me? And where can I get the short stems? I had one before it was confiscated and I used it along with my bubbler as it was shorter and wasn't cumbersome when matched with each other.

Thanks for the time, hope everyone's good :)

fiarrhea

Vapor Dog
I have a zap from before it was stainless. is there really that much of a difference between the rohs compliant copper innards and the rockzap? Vito I'm hoping for your input here. don't get me wrong I love my shit, but I was off the grid for a while and when I came back the whole zap dynamic had changed. I hope to hear that its really the same machine just different metals. if not, oh well, ive got a zap that I love.

fiarrhea,

Vitolo

Vaporist
The ROHS compliant material is brass.
The CRZ heated faster, and retained heat between hits better.
The Heat was very consitent.
Other than that, I find the two units the same, and still use my Old School Zaps often.
The real difference was in the minds of consumers, who felt more medically pure using
Surgical grade Stainless Steel.
I do not believe that using the ROHS safe Brass is less safe than the SS in the rockzap.

It is my belief that;
1-if you lived in a brass room, and
2-ate off brass utensils for a LIFETIME...
...that you might show signs of having been near brass, before one would show signs of
1-living in an SS room and
2-eating for their lifetimes off of SS utensils for a lifetime

Please.... nobody has to argue with this philosophy, or try to prove a point here.... That is MY belief, and I am entitled to it.

Vitolo

Vaporist
20 minutes.... full blast in an hour, as opposed to an hour, and full blast in 3 hours

Vitolo,

OhTheAgony

here for the chicks
The ROHS compliant material is brass.
The CRZ heated faster, and retained heat between hits better.
The Heat was very consitent.
Other than that, I find the two units the same, and still use my Old School Zaps often.
The real difference was in the minds of consumers, who felt more medically pure using
Surgical grade Stainless Steel.
I do not believe that using the ROHS safe Brass is less safe than the SS in the rockzap.

It is my belief that;
1-if you lived in a brass room, and
2-ate off brass utensils for a LIFETIME...
...that you might show signs of having been near brass, before one would show signs of
1-living in an SS room and
2-eating for their lifetimes off of SS utensils for a lifetime

Please.... nobody has to argue with this philosophy, or try to prove a point here.... That is MY belief, and I am entitled to it.

I think brass is a wonderful material but personally I just can't stand the taste of it in my vapor. I got this lovely stem from Ed that doesn't get any use because of that same reason. It just tastes too strong to me :shrug:

corba

Rick, after a year or so of great service, i noticed my CRZ was developing less heat, upon further inspection, I noticed a large crack along the entire length (inner top to bottom) of my Oak unit. I've never abused it (stock power supply, never dropped), and only had it turned on a couple days a week, and always off at night.

Upon reading this forum for first time in a ~year, I see that you're having bigger problems than I, but I wanted to run this by you and the group anyway. I recall there was some kind of warranty and/or support and wanted to inquire as to your present advice.

Thanks, good luck (I didn't read all the details, but sounds like it's time to move!?), and be strong.

corba,

Gunky

After a year (or was it two years?) of continuous use, my Hildbrandt PW-11 ( I think they were called Spartan) stainless finish model power supply is kaput: the voltage display is unstable and the unit becomes quite hot. I am assuming that is the end of its useful life. Too bad because I liked using it and I just happened to buy a spare cord for it recently. Anyone have any recommendations for a similar tattoo power supply model using those large audio plugs?

Gunky,

Rick

Zapman
Wow! How time flies while having lots of fun while aging.
The last two days have been cold and rainy here in the Inland Pacific Northwest. Pat just informed me we need a fire today as the house is at 62. Seems crazy as it has been plenty hot in the high 80s for the last couple weeks.
So my fun is good old Howling Hills Farm. All the time and energy spent at Zapville making Aromazaps over the last several years is now directed at a terraced hillside with soil getting so rich it vibrates with life in every form. We are on our third week of very good sales to the Coeur d'Alene Resort. Lots and lots of lettuce, edible flower mix and summer squash for a start. Not sure how we will get this week done with the rain and the demand due to a big Ironman weekend but it is fun trying.
The cold rain did give me a chance to check out good old FC. Good to see the Zap thread still chugging along.
I do want to pass on a little legal news and set the record straight on Aromazap.
Aromazap is done. Finished. Taken out of business thoroughly and completely by the great State of Idaho because of a complaint filed by an ex family member who told the police many lies about us. Done. Over. No regrets. I do not do that. Life is too short to waste time complaining about the past. Point is, since all my supplies were also taken, I cannot do any service. My warranty went away in the big white van with state plates on 7/25/12. We will not get any of that back. We may not get anything back from them as they could have been "fruits of the crime". Stuff returned to us, if any, will be the last step in the legal process.
I am very close to a plea deal on the criminal charges which were for 2 felonies(making Zaps and possession over over 3 oz which was years accumulation of small bags of shake they found rummaging through our house) No details on the plea at this time other than to say I probably will not be going to jail. We still have some details to work out but the relationship between our lawyer and the prosecutor is on a good track. The hold up is trying to get a resolution from Idaho on the civil case. They have sued in civil court to take 30 acres which include ours and Mikes houses and 2 shops. This is for the crime of manufacturing paraphernalia. They did expect to find a large grow and distribution which was not happening so we expect that case will be whittled down to something "more reasonable". My next court appearance is not until mid September so this is all on hold for now. It seems to be one of those cases that may just fade away. We have lots of chuckles in court as the room has been full of other "criminals" who really have hurt someone or stole something or drove drunk or SOMETHING like that.
We are getting through this fine. Once we realized it was going to be a dragger, we were able to put it out of our life for short spells. We are getting better at that with more practice. The farm action helps alot as our plate seems to always be full.
As for service of any kind or questions, contact Dave from UD. He is making replacement stems that will work in stainless Zaps and knows everything there is to know about our log vape and any log vape. He has been a great help to us since the bust and is excellent at customer service. Until this is totally resolved, I cannot even offer advice. They still have me by the balls. Good thing my balls are shrinking. Pretty soon they won't be worth holding.
Thanks again to all our old FC family. My apologies for the long gaps in posts but that is part of how we deal with the issue of the Zapville bust.

duros

Much love and support Rick,

I'm a patient that has been very grateful for your product for many years.
I guess I missed my window to get a CRZ but I hope to find one in the classifieds here sometime soon.. or modify one of my charred aromazap remnants that have been holding on despite the steady use.

Thanks for keeping us posted. I'm disappointed that the light at the end of this witch hunt isn't as bright as it should be. Freedom is a precious gem and it is inexcusable that such spite and vitriol could come from someone that is close to family.

I still hold hope along with countless others for the future that the darkness that has befallen you and your family will be washed away and your life be restored to something close to what you enjoyed before.

Stay strong, Our support is here if you need it...

Rick

Zapman
Thanks for the comments duros.
I do want to make one thing clear about "the darkness" and "light at the end of the witch hunt", etc.

The light at the end of the tunnel is here and has been for awhile. The darkness is gone. Our small farm and tight family bonds required to make Howling Hills Farm work has overridden the drama of last years bust. There is no official resolve to the event but the 'picture' has gotten much clearer for us. War on Drugs events come in all sizes and shapes. Some are big time serious and some involve mostly regular folks caught up in lies and/or over enthusiasm on the part of the drug warriors and their informants(now called 'sources'). Our situation falls into the latter group. I am charged with making Aromazaps(felony) which I obviously did do. Also an accumulation of several small bags of old shake, etc in our house and shop came to more than three ounces which is a felony in Idaho. That is it. That is also one reason this keeps getting delayed....very low on the "important, lets get this bad guy" list. The civil case against us for our land is linked linked to the criminal case in the sense that when the chips were down and the hand was called(7/25/2012), they did not find the massive pot grow and distribution they expected after their meeting with the "confidential source". They found a family that does not grow pot, even with an Organic Farm, high tunnels and total privacy. They found a family with a legitimate 'green' business helping Idaho attract tourists to this beautiful part of our country. The restaurants we serve cherish local produce and their patrons request local.
It is difficult to put this into words. Yes, Aromazap was abruptly shut down and our remaining inventory was taken from us by the State of Idaho. Yes I am still facing some shit from the "judicial" system, whatever that may be. But our life is rock solid with an over abundance of Gods light shining on us and our family. I do not have any feelings for the ex-family CS(confidential source) except pity. I feel sorry for the person because her life is turning out as it should. The Universe is alive and well and takes away any fear and anger from us while at the same time balancing the scales for mean angry people with no integrity. Like the neighbor who found my checkbook last week that had fallen off the roof of the car when we left for a farm delivery. I put it there to tuck in my shirt before we left, then Pat said "man you look GOOD today" which totally took my mind off the checkbook on the car roof. Whoever found the checkbook on our road was kind enough to put it in our mailbox........after taking the $250 in cash that was inside. Real integrity is about what you do when no one is watching. What people forget when they do such things is that they hurt themselves. "when you steal, you steal from yourself".......I heard that once and it is so true.
Life is a test. The test is about daily attitude that sets your Eternal Now Moment in motion. That is what is important in life. It does no good to dwell on the past or the future in a way that fucks up your life today. Today is all we have. Make it as good as you can and start with a real smile from your heart.

Gunky

I just realized something. Vaping concentrates in a log vape can lead to a loose core! If you are not very careful (like sandwiching the concentrate between lumps of herb) then some of it bubbles out into the heat port and ends up coating the inside of the heat port tube. The result is that the sticky residue on the inside of the heat port binds with the vapor tube, causing it to be partially or wholly stuck. Naturally you try to turn the tube or yank it out, which applies forces to the moorings of the core of the log vape which loosen and destabilize it, shortening the life of the vape. Whenever there is some stickyness, disconnect power to the unit and when it has mainly cooled off, go after the sticky residue aggressively with alcohol and a q-tip. Straight fingernail scissors can be used to scrape gently at stubborn spots of resin.

mmafighterthe25

I have a rockzap an looking to get a vvps for it, the Spartan hildbrant. what plug do I need for has two plug in putts. underdog vapes makes a banana plug an a audio plug can get a bypass with audio to

mmafighterthe25,

RUDE BOY

Space is the Place
If I pick up a original zap what simple options are out there for stems ? Is a wood stem possible ?
Thanx in advance you all .

RUDE BOY,

Gunky

Thinking of you, Rick. My maple Rockzap is still going strong and I use it daily. Some day I would like to visit that farm of yours. Sounds wonderful.

Gunky,

momofthegoons

vapor accessory addict
If I pick up a original zap what simple options are out there for stems ? Is a wood stem possible ?
Thanx in advance you all .
Hit up Alan in the HI thread. I'm sure he can hook you up with something that would work.

The alternative is to find someone with some of Ed's stems who's willing to sell one. They were made specifically for the old style brass Zap. PM me if you have trouble finding one and I'll see what I can do. ;)

momofthegoons,
Reactions: RUDE BOY
Top Bottom