Arizer Solo

Dr. Soxhlet

SOLO Vaporized Cannabis is my Best Medicine
With the new model, I still have yet to find a O-ring to fit, even after sanding. The threads simply do not catch. Kinda sucks because the stem is SUPER loose.
Similar Problem: my cap fits on with no threads catching, only the last quarter turn puts the theads into play(this is a new unit, by the way). Have you tried to push the black factory retaining ring back down? The manufacturer recommends using your finger. But I do that by using a plastic 35mm film canister rotated with even pressure. I only do this when warm and try to only insert and remove the stem when warm. I find after the adjustment my stock bent stem works great, producing huge clouds. Perfect airflow for my purposes.

Last edited:

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
Similar Problem: my cap fits on with no threads catching, only the last quarter turn puts the theads into play(this is a new unit, by the way). Have you tried to push the black factory retaining ring back down? The manufacturer recommends using your finger. But I do that by using a plastic 35mm film canister rotated with even pressure. I only do this when warm and try to only insert and remove the stem when warm. I find after the adjustment my stock bent stem works great, producing huge clouds. Perfect airflow for my purposes.
bvhwDtN.jpg

The last couple of day's I just use the SOLO fitted with a PHVES stem and a CHILLUM tip. I love water but I'm feeling super lazy. DRY stems are amazing. Tonight I will break out a STOCK stem. Who knows? Maybe tomorrow I will seek water path?

Mix it up!

It's all good!

Last edited:

olivianewtonjohn

Yup. And they 'told us before'. But you see how much good that does. The nature of the net, I guess. You can get old trying to correct folks over and over I think?

IIRC Accent is even worse. They said they were reusing numbers I think, as they can if they wish. There are a few products that are required to have serial numbers (firearms for instance, and cars) and a whole raft that do so for 'normal' reasons (washing machines, etc). But there is no law that compels numbers on most things (which is why not all vapes are numbered) nor do any (including the guns) require that they be in logical order.

I'll give even odds we're discussing model/serial numbers again before Saturday morning......

OF
Then you haven't read enough. I have posted that information here numerous times, and so have others.

I have been in this thread for a LONG time and you guys can repeat that as much as you like lol; at the end of the day I dont place much stock in that claim. The numbers do mean something. Sometimes there will be a "freak" serial number that wont act like the others with the same number, probably arizer making changes midway through a number without changing it; this is very rare though.

They can keep repeating the same thing, until I see users reporting something different then I will still go with the serial numbers.

lazy912

So my new m1e1 is acting up. Been using it everyday since mid feb. today after one successful stem, started acting funny. Won't heat up. When off, blue idle light flickers. Sad day.

lazy912,

Quetzalcoatl

DEADY GUERRERO/DIRT COBAIN/GEORGE KUSH
Lazy9, did you check to make sure it's charged up? I thought mine was acting up the other day, and I realized it wasn't charged up.
I think this is the other blessing I have with my older Solo (M1B1), I have to use two different cables for charging and PA. I keep the charger in my desk and only plug it in to get my Solo charged. I've been using it on the PA cable since I fixed it up, and using battery life when stepping out of the room/house. Still got 4 lights for battery and I don't remember when I charged it :rockon:

Maine420

GROOVY GRANNY
So my new m1e1 is acting up. Been using it everyday since mid feb. today after one successful stem, started acting funny. Won't heat up. When off, blue idle light flickers. Sad day.
It may be your charger. Happened to me. Luckily, I had another charger, as I have 2 solos. My old charger worked on my new M1D2. I am ordering another charger off eBay. Just in case.

Maine420,
Reactions: ataxian

nads

OK Guys, i got my D020 bong (on recommendation from this forum) and also the water adapter for the solo from VapeFiend:
http://www.vapefiend.co.uk/epages/e...5197719/Products/42025/SubProducts/42025-0001

Ive tried this a few times and there is one problem i am having during the process.

Its way too hard to pull on the bong with this set up, took way to many hard pulls to get anything out of the solo. I have the latest 2014 solo and its fine on its own, but combined with the adapter and bong it was just too difficult, hard to explain but felt like something was blocked. It left me disappointed
sad.png
Is there anything i can do to make it easier?

I've tried everything and still can't get the satisfaction from this combo (solo, gong, bong).

Im sure i must be doing something wrong?

Its just way too hard to draw, very uncomfortable. In my group of people who tried it, no one enjoyed it.

I tried finely grinded herbs, i also tried lifting it off the bong a bit but then hardly got any vapour coming out so put it back down.

Im just not getting the bubbling in the bong with the long slow draws like on youtube videos. Also i can hardly see any vapour being built up inside the bong.

Is the Gong i ordered wrong or something? I did order the one i was recommended by others. or is it the Bong itself? Surely something must be wrong, as theres no way people could cape like this?!?

Thanks

nads,

Ripstar

I was completely unaware I should even move that. Mine is a little warped as is, I wasn't sure what happened to it. I will try to push it down a little bit after is is warm. I just hate opening something and fucking with the parts inside.

Ripstar,

ryan8

Nano / Hammer / LSV / O-Phos / D020
Its way too hard to pull on the bong with this set up, took way to many hard pulls to get anything out of the solo.

It could be that you've put too much water in to D020 - there should just be enough to cover the slits. Otherwise, try drawing on the solo through the GonG, and on the D020 without the Solo to see where the resistance is coming from.

Edit: And for those without an adapter (or waiting for PV to come back in stock), the stock solo stem with a rubber o-ring works great in 18mm female connections.

ryan8,
Reactions: nads

nads

It could be that you've put too much water in to D020 - there should just be enough to cover the slits. Otherwise, try drawing on the solo through the GonG, and on the D020 without the Solo to see where the resistance is coming from.

Edit: And for those without an adapter (or waiting for PV to come back in stock), the stock solo stem with a rubber o-ring works great in 18mm female connections.

Right cool, thats probably it then! So do i need to cover the slits fully with water or just about half way up?

Thanks for this tip, hopefully it will work.

nads,

eska46

Then you haven't read enough. I have posted that information here numerous times, and so have others.
What haven't I read enough? You have posted that Arizer's part numbers actually mean nothing? I haven't read that anywhere on the internet before. The direct email from Arizer stating they mean nothing is the first I have heard of it.

What information you have posted are you referring to?
Also, this thread is 986 pages, there's no way you can expect anyone to read all 986 pages to find one of your posts. Maybe a separate thread that lists model numbers and believed relevant changes for each model number?

Crapple makes enough money to buy back old stock.
Do they buy back old stock when releasing the new iphone?

I think that's sort of an Apples to Oranges comparison when you consider that every new iPhone is major iteration of the brand, and that Apple structures it's business model around that regular upgrade cycle.

Apart from minor changes, the only major upgrades to the Solo's design has been a material change for the crucible and a software tweak to allow running while charging. The upgrade path for users is also very different, because phones become obsolete at a much faster rate than vaporizers do.

That doesn't excuse Arizer from not being forthcoming with their information - their behavior when it comes to community inquisition frustrates me greatly and introduced huge delays in my battery project. Robin, the owner of Arizer is incredibly paranoid, and I get the feeling that Arizer would rather ride their success of the Solo for as long as possible than cannibalize their huge grip on the portable market.

If Iphone was a bad example take any automotive part, they all have product numbers based on changes that were made throughout their development which are used to cross reference what parts go on what vehicle year, make etc.

This is the same thing, changes were made and users need to know what model they have for use with certain aftermarket changes as well as new customers looking for specific features they like.

Last edited by a moderator:

ryan8

Nano / Hammer / LSV / O-Phos / D020
Right cool, thats probably it then! So do i need to cover the slits fully with water or just about half way up?

Thanks for this tip, hopefully it will work.

Fully but just barely is my experience - doesn't seem like enough, but when you draw, you will displace the water that's inside the diffuser, so the actual water level will be a bit higher. Not sure if half way up will work; seems like the vapor would just escape without being filtered through water.

What haven't I read enough? You have posted that Arizer's part numbers actually mean nothing? I haven't read that anywhere on the internet before. The direct email from Arizer stating they mean nothing is the first I have heard of it.

I think it's not so much that they mean nothing - they're clearly sequential, but the numbers don't correlate exactly with improvements made to the device. If I remember correctly, there were a few M1C that can't be used while charging. Arizer treats them less as model/revision numbers, and more as serial numbers, it seems.

eska46

In the end I took Maine420's advice that the M1D2 was one of the newer models and purchased one last evening. He was right and it was the newer model that can be used when charging.

it's the first time vaping in at least 10 years and I have to say the solo is a great product. I think I need to get a screen in there as a lot goes through the holes, but overall it seems to be a real nice product.

One thing that stands out is the taste. I didn't think much of it when reading about the taste but after using it for the first time the taste really stands out, it was very nice.

nads

Ok cool thanks guys, will try out a few different options with the solo off and no herbs and see how much water works best.

nads,

Dr. Soxhlet

SOLO Vaporized Cannabis is my Best Medicine
S

serial number?

I have 3 SOLO's with a different SN.
They all work great!
Nero Association?

I am really consdering buying a second Solo(black) since I believe, with the revisions, the product is near perfection. I believe this is a very reliable product, most problems seem to be minor and if something major occurs; the problem can be handled through the warranty. My first Solo abrubtly died and was replaced by the ebay vender(authorized dealer).
For anyone sitting on the fence,waiting to buy, I'd say "What are you waiting for?"

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
I am really consdering buying a second Solo(black) since I believe, with the revisions, the product is near perfection. I believe this is a very reliable product, most problems seem to be minor and if something major occurs; the problem can be handled through the warranty. My first Solo abrubtly died and was replaced by the ebay vender(authorized dealer).
For anyone sitting on the fence,waiting to buy, I'd say "What are you waiting for?"
My first one was a M107
The others I need to look?
I forgot!

The first one is still operating strong 2 1/2 years latter.
The second one had a bad cell in one of the batteries so I fixed it myself and it works perfectly fine 2 years latter!
My 3rd one was made just before the changes and this one is perfect.

I have 3 power adapters (Tim's, JAMESCO and PIPES) all work great.

I have seals under the caps of each one.

They work well all three of them.

Last edited:

Pipes

Addicted DIY Enthusiast
Accessory Maker
IMHO, the serial number thing is great marketing. The last year alone the lots have changed 3 times.
C-D-E and changes internally were done mid stream of those lots meaning it's manufacturing date that is important. The lots give a fair idea of this but not necessarily accurate. So once in a while they decide to change the lot numbers......boosts sales as there are always folks wanting the newest and greatest.
We have still not had enough time go by to confirm just how much battery life is lost while charging and using. Don't kid yourself, this scheme WILL reduce battery longevity. As long as there are minimum battery warranty claims Arizer doesn't care. And battery claims are very subjective to what's normal or not.
:2c:

Pipes

Addicted DIY Enthusiast
Accessory Maker
Given the rampant abuse I give my cell phone battery, im surprised they last as long as they do. Is this because they have a different chemistry?
Try keeping the phone plugged in all the time while using it. Like in a car scenario where folks use it for GPS and have it rigged for power all the time. After a month or so the battery will be such it runs down fast. Notice in most PC stores, the laptops on display all have the battery pulled out? This is the reason why.?

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
IMHO, the serial number thing is great marketing. The last year alone the lots have changed 3 times.
C-D-E and changes internally were done mid stream of those lots meaning it's manufacturing date that is important. The lots give a fair idea of this but not necessarily accurate. So once in a while they decide to change the lot numbers......boosts sales as there are always folks wanting the newest and greatest.
We have still not had enough time go by to confirm just how much battery life is lost while charging and using. Don't kid yourself, this scheme WILL reduce battery longevity. As long as there are minimum battery warranty claims Arizer doesn't care. And battery claims are very subjective to what's normal or not.
:2c:
opeoAhF.jpg

Just random numbers!

Caligula

Maximus
Try keeping the phone plugged in all the time while using it. Like in a car scenario where folks use it for GPS and have it rigged for power all the time. After a month or so the battery will be such it runs down fast. Notice in most PC stores, the laptops on display all have the battery pulled out? This is the reason why.?

Hmmm... probably not the same but I do have it connected to the PC via USB to trickle charge and xfer data while Im working (about 4-6 hrs a day). Id have to check but im 99% sure it charges even when using the full USB 3.0 bandwidth to xfer data.

Of course perhaps my top of the line smartphone has software and hardware to help maximize battery life? I know its got an option to cap maximum battery charge at 90%...

Top Bottom