• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Arizer Solo

HappyTraveler, I usually like heat level 5, I have the older model Solo. Some herbs I use level 4. I prefer using the PVHES stem mouthpieces from Planet Vape, the draw is better for me, not so tight. Its my preference to put the loaded stem in the Solo while its warming up, I like a screen also. The grind of my herb herb is a cornmeal consistency. I would like to buy the newer model Solo in the future.

Does anyone know: I was saving up my ABV to make an alcohol tincture. Would level 4 be a good temp using the Solo? Also I just use the herb through one 10 min session, it's still pretty light in color. I don't want to take too much of the goodies out of herb vaping. I guess I want my cake and eat it too. Will my tincture be strong enough?

I thought I would use the Master Wu recipe that I found on FC. I omitted baking the ABV in the oven. Seems like a waste to do it that way. I know it's more accurate. Any advice would be appreciated.

Much appreciated. My personal method I developed over a lot of trial and error is,

-Break up material with fingers, semi-fine.
-Use bent credit card to shovel bud into stem, and lightly pack. (I tried tight as well and it is just as effective)
-Place stem in the unit, select temp #3. Allow to heat up for 90 seconds.
-Lift off. (I usually get about 2-12 minute sessions of visible clouds)
My method is growing better each and every time someone shares their own. Knowledge is fantastic. Cheers

HappyTraveler,

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
send me some over and i would sleep for days
i dont grow enough to make oil
flower is all i have but home grown is allways best!
fuck street weed hate having to go buy weed but my stash will last me a lot longer now i only vape!
Make SHATTER with top Quality colas!

Blond VACUUM PURGED
GDP before bed!
Medical!

as

I did use to grind not going to lie but when I got a nano I was using whole buds so I started using whole buds for the solo it works just as well as ground but flavour lasts longer and the session I fell is longer?

Any way why grind when whole buds work just as well when you grind you will lose something to the grinder whole bud only touches my fingers and glass

as

A litel is a lot to some

Edit to add

You will lose flavour to the grinder that's what I was on about im not bothered about the minimal trichomes loss

Last edited:

fubar

Ancient and opiniated inhaler
You will lose flavour to the grinder that's what I was on about im not bothered about the minimal trichomes loss

Seems unlikely that the "lost" flavour disappears into the grinder so perhaps flavourful low temperature volatile terpenes might be vaporized more speedily with larger surface area so the taste might be gone quicker leading to your observation that there's "less" - I'd guess it might be more intense but limited to the first hit or two with grinding?
Interesting to hear what other people find.

as

Maybe I don't no I was thinking that when you brake up the bud you release the aroma as the taste ?

I aslo find its just takes less effort and works just ad well to not grind that right is enough for me to just not grind

GenYHippie

Ok feeling like a dunce. Its charged I turned it on, up to 7, let it run for 12 for factory burn off. But now the red light wont stop blinking. How o you know when it is up to temp?

GenYHippie,

Quetzalcoatl

DEADY GUERRERO/DIRT COBAIN/GEORGE KUSH
It occasionally blinks on its own while not being used. Almost like a cycle if you watch it long enough. Temp regulation ;)

Quetzalcoatl,
Reactions: OF
@HappyTraveler do yourself a favor and get a grinder, even if it's just a $4 one from eBay. You should try using the stem like a straw to suck up the herb then lightly pack it, much easier than trying to fill it with a bent card.

I actually have one. I ordered my solo from puffitup so I received the 4pc aluminum grinder. I dislike using it. I like getting a fresh grind one bowl at a time. Another reason is I don't know what to do with my keif that a grinder collects. I tried vaping it with bud but it didn't work well. Tips?

Pipes

Addicted DIY Enthusiast
Accessory Maker
I actually have one. I ordered my solo from puffitup so I received the 4pc aluminum grinder. I dislike using it. I like getting a fresh grind one bowl at a time. Another reason is I don't know what to do with my keif that a grinder collects. I tried vaping it with bud but it didn't work well. Tips?
You can ship it to me. ?

Actually, mixing it in with your bud should work fine. You don't need to put much in.

Quetzalcoatl

DEADY GUERRERO/DIRT COBAIN/GEORGE KUSH
Kief stems are killer in the solo. Just need a fine enough screen or a layer of flower to lay the kief on. I usually use a water path so I can stop there, but if using dry add another layer of flower to sandwich the kief. A couple scoops from the little grinder scraper is nice for me. Sometimes a little more ;)

Dr. Soxhlet

SOLO Vaporized Cannabis is my Best Medicine
I use a small electric coffee grinder. Just a tap does the job. Keif collects in the lid. This is mixed with oil reclaimed from AVB or other extra weed. I also have an EQ that produces lots of oil in the whip.
Mixing with keif makes what amounts to some of the best "hash" I've ever had.

DerekLM99

Thinking about ordering the Solo tonight.
Something that just worried me though is I read some people not using the Solo compared to their desktop vapes when they're home (i'll be almost always using at home but I do want a portable). Is this because the Solo does not produce an as potent high?
Can the desktop vs portable be similar to a comparison to a bowl vs bong?

I've never vaped before and I have heard that it's a different high. I want to be a healthier user, I don't smoke cigarettes so why combust weed? But im worried now that I'll be disappointed.

DerekLM99,
Reactions: CarolKing

poonman

I find the Free grinders are usually not from the high end models.
But there are other ways to get a fine grind .

Did someone mentioned Kief ?
sFkuQm5.jpg

I like to keep the kief strains separate to vape with fine grind .
You'll may want to try it with oils/waxes mixed in also .
The left oil jar is Solo stem/Gong scraped reclaim , and the right one is qwiso . Drop a dab of oil in your herbs and go to Crazytown .

oklahomie

Thinking about ordering the Solo tonight.
Something that just worried me though is I read some people not using the Solo compared to their desktop vapes when they're home (i'll be almost always using at home but I do want a portable). Is this because the Solo does not produce an as potent high?
Can the desktop vs portable be similar to a comparison to a bowl vs bong?

I've never vaped before and I have heard that it's a different high. I want to be a healthier user, I don't smoke cigarettes so why combust weed? But im worried now that I'll be disappointed.

Some desktop vapes are more efficient and do create bigger vapor clouds, but the solo is no slouch when it comes to vapor production. Also you're getting the convenience of not being tied to an outlet.

I don't think you will be disappointed. The solo gets me medicated every single time I use it basically. The high is certainly different, but imo it is better than combustion. It is more of a mental buzz, and you don't get a lot of the sluggish after effects of combustion. Not to mention you don't end a bowl with a nasty ash taste in your mouth.

Top Bottom