Arizer Solo

vapeinacape

no, nothing out of the ordinary with my solo... just not turning on.

so i've read back a bit and i should add that im not having any chipping or weird smells out of my solo like ppl are reporting here.

vapeinacape,

1nvnx3

max said:
Ash057 said:
$146 today on Amazon !?!? Why does the price keep dropping so rapidly? At this rate it will be free soon!
Free shipping too. Really makes you wonder about the markup when a $300 vape becomes available for less than half the price after such a short time. It may be that some sellers are clearing out their inventory cheap, since a stainlesss steel modification is in the works.

And it says they have a 2 year warranty.

Could this be true?

Link: http://www.amazon.com/Newest-Arizer...A1H2/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1316369015&sr=8-1

1nvnx3,

Hippie Dickie

The Herbal Cube
Manufacturer
Easiest way would be to let your blower copy the size of the two air holes in the glass stem.

or, get a dremel and 0.75mm diamond drill bit to make air holes -- works a treat.

Hippie Dickie,

vapeinacape

should i be sending an email to service@arizer.com ? what is arizertech@gmail.com?

ps. having a broken solo sucks

vapeinacape,

Vaped Ape

MMJ Therapist specializing in gynecology~wannabe
Arizertech will get you right to the desk of the guy who will take care of you. He is the guy that has authorized replacements for the guys here at FC. Not sure if he is the head guy but he seems to be. Usually he responds in just a few hours.

Da Ape

Vaped Ape,

pakalolo

Toolbag v1.1 (candidate)
Staff member
vapeinacape said:
incase anyone cares, my solo got daily use from June 3rd all the way up until last night... the batter overall only degraded 30% total from when i orignally got it, and i dont think whats wrong with mine is the battery since i can get it to light up and make noise

How did you measure that 30% drop? That seems like a lot to me after only three and a half months.

pakalolo,

Vaped Ape

Flatland said:
So has anybody received the new units with the stainless steel bowls?

Doing the math they are suppose to be another 10 days out. I will be surprised if they come that soon but then I will be disappointed if they are not avail in next 3 weeks. Having said that I am not sure how many of the existing version are in the pipeline but that is an issue for Arizer. I hope that problem does not preclude the release to the warranty replacement guys. I would hate to be a dealer and setting on a couple hundred. Possible the reason the price is dropping fast on Amazon to clear out the old ones. Those still at Arizer can probably be retrofitted with new stainless chamber.

Da ape

Vaped Ape,

vapeinacape

pakalolo said:
vapeinacape said:
incase anyone cares, my solo got daily use from June 3rd all the way up until last night... the batter overall only degraded 30% total from when i orignally got it, and i dont think whats wrong with mine is the battery since i can get it to light up and make noise

How did you measure that 30% drop? That seems like a lot to me after only three and a half months.

im just guessing, its probably not 30%... probably closer to 20. i use it on setting 4 or 5 and when i first got it i would get 7 or 8 full sessions, now on a full charge i only get about 5 tops. it doesnt seem like it takes as long to get to a full charge either, about an hour less it seems like from when i first got it.

before it stopped working it didnt seem to be getting any worse though, so its no problem. since june i have had nothin but compliments about the solo, and its worked great.

vapeinacape,

GoGlass

Hello to all,

i read all your ideas of a possible new prototype bat/stem, i just want to share with you the tests i have made with my glassblower, (see the beginning of the story in my posts at p.43)

- First i have tried stems with 4 holes, and 3 holes : they are less efficient than the stem with 2 holes.
Yes, the airflow is better, but the clouds are clearly less denses.

- Second, i have tried to make stems with a bigger bowl. I thought that the position of the metal ring inside the heating chamber (who is ABOVE the level of the stem's 2 holes) would allow a bigger bowl size.
In practice, a stem with a bigger bowl is not vaped evenly :
at the level of the metal ring, the herb is less vaped than the bottom of the bowl.
(Why? I dont' know. The metal ring is really HOT when you touch it, but the bottom of the heating chamber seems the main 'core' of the process.)

- Third, i have not really understand the problems that people here seems to have with screens.
Personnaly i use titanium screens like these :

http://aqualabtechnologies.com/titanium-screen-5-8-inch-32-wire.html

A bit priced, but MUCH more robust than a standard SS screen, like these of the VG, for instance
And no need for special stems with a recess...

I think when it's time to clean the stem , it's time to clean the screen and vice-versa. So i clean it easily, i can remove/move it easily,
and the advantage of the titianium is that the screen will not move when it's correctly pushed.

For the airflow, tight / loose stems seems approx.the same. If when i draw, the airflow seems too much blocked , i lift and/or move the stem gently.

Conclusion N1 : i think that Arizer had do a great job and the stem seems already optimized, but i would personnaly prefer a bigger bowl...

Conclusion N2 : The restricted airflow of the solo seems to be the reason of it's efficiency.... but it's easy and great once you're used to !

Hope that helps.

GoGlass,
Hippie Dickie said:
Easiest way would be to let your blower copy the size of the two air holes in the glass stem.

or, get a dremel and 0.75mm diamond drill bit to make air holes -- works a treat.
I think I am going to do that because I would love some better flow. I get that the hits wouldn't be as dense but that is why you must turn the heat up to match your draw. How did you hold the glass piece still wouldn't breaking it?

VapeNStone,

Hippie Dickie

The Herbal Cube
Manufacturer
well, the pieces i drill are straight, and the Solo has an angle ... make a jig what the non-drilled end can fit into.

Run the dremel at about 10,000 rpm and submerge the end to be drilled under water -- the drill bit needs water cooling/lubrication or it will snap (sooner than it should). Or fill with water -- i'm not sure about the geometry of the piece you're trying to drill. After the first hole you'll have to plug the open end.

Edit: i've got the drill press stand for my dremel, so the dremel is held in a verticle orientation.

i get denser clouds on the BT with fewer holes -- i've gone from 7 to 4. But still, the draw must be slow -- i don't notice any restriction on inhaling -- but i don't have any other experience beyond 10 years with the Bud Toaster.

Hippie Dickie,

Vaped Ape

@ Goglass.

The titanium screen looks very promising and the company developed the screen for just what we are doing and they understand the issues with fine herb/kief etc. I have it in my favs and plan on ordering a couple to try and more later for all of my Solo bats (4). Thanks for all you diligence in making the Solo experience better. A cold frosty :cheers: to you.

PS In US we like our beer cold. Not a big drinker but I can't walk past a frosty.

Da Ape

Vaped Ape,

dorkus_molorkus

I have been having a bit of a crisis until recently. I have a love/ hate relationship with my solo, the draw was giving me the shits. Vaping with the solo was becoming hardwork, and all I want for christmas is big fucking clouds. and quick hits, or at least quicker hits,
even 12mins was becoming too long,let alone any longer to get medicated.

So, I went back to my DBV for 24hrs, and it just didnt hit like I remembered before the solo arrived.
It is nowhere near as efficient as the solo & wasnt as dense as what I am seeking, but the solo had me pulling my face like id just sucked a lemon to get a decent cloud.

WTF, and what to do?

Now I know big clouds are wasteful, but fuck I smoked for 4 billion years. My body wants to feel like its just pulled several monster ripps everyday, just like the last 20years or so just to function normally.

My local tobacconist has these knarly fuckers

sdc11714u.jpg

Well I read about domed screens for the SSV being really good if you PUT THEM IN UPSIDE DOWN.

So, I did and it looked like this..............

sdc11717l.jpg

Now, sure it looks like there is pretty well no room for any herbs & you would be a bit right but not quite.
It is now a devastating one hitter!
There is now about a qtr of the bowl size left, I pack it with an extra fine grind.
and then set the solo all the way to 7, then wait 10-15secs VERY IMPORTANT

Place the silicone tippedend in the waterpipe and pull nice and even. I get one massive, thick, juicy cloud, and then maybe a half one. thats it, empty out, repack, wait 10-15secs,
same again, one big rip, maybe another reasonably ok ripp. thats it, repack again.

It may sound tedious when its all written down, but its quick, very quick and very satisfying for someone
who is seeking to mimic the smoking experience as much as possible.
and I am finding it totally blows my head off, getting extra vaped for the same amount of weed in half the time.

Been 2 days vaping like this.
the love/hate is over, its all love

viva la solo, lets never fight again

:D

dorkus_molorkus said:
I have been having a bit of a crisis until recently. I have a love/ hate relationship with my solo, the draw was giving me the shits. Vaping with the solo was becoming hardwork, and all I want for christmas is big fucking clouds. and quick hits, or at least quicker hits,
even 12mins was becoming too long,let alone any longer to get medicated.

So, I went back to my DBV for 24hrs, and it just didnt hit like I remembered before the solo arrived.
It is nowhere near as efficient as the solo & wasnt as dense as what I am seeking, but the solo had me pulling my face like id just sucked a lemon to get a decent cloud.

WTF, and what to do?

Now I know big clouds are wasteful, but fuck I smoked for 4 billion years. My body wants to feel like its just pulled several monster ripps everyday, just like the last 20years or so just to function normally.

My local tobacconist has these knarly fuckers

http://img718.imageshack.us/img718/9937/sdc11714u.jpg

Well I read about domed screens for the SSV being really good if you PUT THEM IN UPSIDE DOWN.

So, I did and it looked like this..............

http://img838.imageshack.us/img838/8648/sdc11717l.jpg

Now, sure it looks like there is pretty well no room for any herbs & you would be a bit right but not quite.
It is now a devastating one hitter!
There is now about a qtr of the bowl size left, I pack it with an extra fine grind.
and then set the solo all the way to 7, then wait 10-15secs VERY IMPORTANT

Place the silicone tippedend in the waterpipe and pull nice and even. I get one massive, thick, juicy cloud, and then maybe a half one. thats is, empty out, repack, wait 10-15secs,
same again, one big rip, maybe another reasonably ok ripp. thats it, repack again.

It may sound tedious when its all written down, but its quick, very quick and very satisfying for someone
who is seeking to mimic the smoking experience as much as possible.
and I am finding it totally blows my head off, getting extra vaped for the same amount of weed in half the time.

Been 2 days vaping like this.
the love/hate is over, its all love

viva la solo, lets never fight again

:D
I cut my screen a little bit smaller and domed it upwards as well. I am able to do the same but I usually get 3 good hits this way. I'll post pics here in a bit. It isn't touching the bottom of the holes but is in there domed so I can utilize that flow I need. I am still going to work on putting some extra holes in my wand for better flow. Right now I use it at 5 and get huge banging clouds with it. So I'll put some extra holes in my wand and turn it up to 7 and just pull a little faster. So I can get those same hits in less time and less strain on me from not having to suck like a prostitute.

VapeNStone,

Lefthook

VapoMiner
Gonna have to give the domed screen ago after hearing this, thanks for the info.
My solo is now chipping even more but the stem seems to have gotten looser and all in all the Solo pulls easier.

Lefthook,

dorkus_molorkus

I swear this giant fucking domed screen going in upside down is the bomb. ( I only say giant cuz it eliminates about 2/3's of the solo bat capacity at least)

But i can pull 5 stems with bitchin clouds, packed, herbs preheated, stem pulled, clouds exhaled, rinse & repeat
5 times easy in less than a cycle (12mins). I actually reckon about 8mins, and I get supa blazed as well.

Again, this satisfies so many aspects of the original ritual that i have followed for so many years when combusting, but with lots more positives.

I get to pull apart & grind my weed while my solo heats up. I then pack a stem, wait a bit. have one really good pull & then another but not as big.
Quickly, empty out into ABV bowl, pack again, and wait, then pull twice etc. I can blaze thru several bowls
in quick succession, feel nice & satisfied. feels very familar, but of course better, cause I'm vaping.

and only slightly longer than combusting. These particular screens are great, you look at the bat and think there is no where to put the herbs cuz the screen takes up so much space & its upside down.
But you can mange to jam a bit in there & holy shit batman it hits hard & fast. ( like my women)

No sitting around wondering if you be pullin vapor or not,

2 pulls, kaboom, all done, next one, kaboom.

Sorry for repeating myself, that in itself is an endorsement, getting hungry too............. chips, chocolate.
mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

pls give this a crack & see what you think. I may be onto something or crazy, or medicated, drunk etc.

:peace:

dorkus_molorkus,

vape4life

Banned for life
That domed screen is sick! Can you get those at any tobacco shop because I know Rock Universe doesn't carry them in my area (headshop chain)? Would be cool to have like 2 or 3 different sizes of domed screen stems, a one hitter, a medium-ish size void, and then just a tiny dome for the "big hitter" .1g sized load! lol

I can see alot of promise and future for the solo. I have (for the second time) retired my EQ, simply because of the lack of efficiency compared to the solo. I found the solo to extract more than an elbow and brown it much nicer. The airflow is only an issue with the really tight fitting stems. It does affect the performance of the solo compared to a loose stem so much that Arizer should be addressing this as much as the flaking bowls IMO. I mean, one person can have a completely different solo experience than their neighbor because of this.

Think i'll be replacing my EQ with an a/c adapter shortly simply for the efficiency without buying a log vape. Does anyone know where to buy the a/c adapter since Rockwise is still out of stock?

vape4life,

Lefthook

VapoMiner
Dorkus - i can see the apeal, i have just made the switch from combusting to vaping and i do miss my ritual which would be to roll one and smoke while watching something like 24 on my iphone for 10 mins. This sounds like it could be a good idea.

Lefthook,

dorkus_molorkus

Lefthook, this is a better hit than an uppercut , a liverpool kiss, while your china plate gives it to your trouble & strife.

I got them as a sample, and i dont know anymore than that at the mo.
but I plan to order 20,30 or 40 of the little buggers ASAP. stay tuned.

i tried them in the correct way & then upside down.

upside down is the key, there was a MAJOR difference from the same screens just placed in opposite ways.
I guess you could trim them down & get that slightly bigger bowl size etc as you need, just make sure they are upside down and the solo is hot, and the herbs preheated.

as soon as I get some info on the screens I will post here.

:peace:

dorkus_molorkus,

Vaped Ape

^^^^dorkus

Have you experimented with cutting the screen down just a bit to see what kind of compromise you can get? You alluded to that but wondering if you have actually tried it yet.
Perhaps you only have one domed screen and don't want to mess it up and I can appreciate that. Also a pointed cone shaped screen might be worth trying too. Thanks for sharing your find.

Da Ape

Vaped Ape,

Kelblow

Been using a dome screen since day one or maybe day 2,but early on anyways.Does make a difference that's for sure.I'm an ex pipe smoker of 20 odd years and am well used to big clouds so it's impoortant to me to have the clouds to enhance my experience.

Kelblow,

Vaped Ape

Arizer makes an 11mm rimmed dome screen. Can't find out what the rim is made of but the screen is stainless. I wonder if Arizer would be willing to have their screen mfgr produce a rimmed dome screen that would fit the Solo once the optimum size dome is figured out? I think the rim would hold shape and make easier to put in and out. No sense in having more dome than needed. Just a thought. Hopefully someone here with EQ experience can discuss the rim material. In looking at pics it looks like a 50% shorter rimmed screen than what they use for EQ would be a great place to start and the tall EQ dome screens are going for about $2 a piece on Amazon.

Da Ape

Vaped Ape,
Top Bottom