Arizer Solo

mmenzie

My friends call me "Menz"
Hello vaporists!
Reading the whole Arizer Solo thread is just madness, and I was thinking if we could divide the thread into sub-threads like: Reviews, accesories, home made, howtos, etc.. so all the useful information could be found.

don't want to read the whole thread?? i can't say i blame you BUT, there is useful information in there. However.... if you want to get the important cliff notes from this thread in an easy to read place.... head over to the Vaporpedia page (link to the main page is at the top of every page here between the Help and Chat links) for the solo located here http://vaporpedia.com/wiki/Solo

JSteez4205

aka Gordon NugzB
don't want to read the whole thread?? i can't say i blame you BUT, there is useful information in there.
Truth! And if you use the search feature in top right once you're in the arizer solo thread it is easier to find those specific topics you're speaking of...just switch to search this thread only...I just did it and put the word Accessories in my search field and it only brought me back 8 pages of helpful stuff to read! Hope this helps your research some!

JSteez4205,

mvapes

Scratchin' Glass!
Accessory Maker
Hello vaporists!
Reading the whole Arizer Solo thread is just madness, and I was thinking if we could divide the thread into sub-threads like: Reviews, accesories, home made, howtos, etc.. so all the useful information could be found.

I say get stoned and read the whole thread - fuck it! I did when I was new around these parts and the threads aren't just about the mechanics but in fact about learning curves, the ins and outs, what other people found useful in their journey to highness. It is a huge thread and I am not saying read each individual post but skim through the whole thing, I think you'll be pleasantly surprised at how you get in to it. No short cuts in truly becoming a vaporist. good luck and welcome to FC - feel free to PM me if you need help with your solo. I'm always up to help out my brethren!

Dreamerr

Always in a state of confusion and silliness♀
And to add to mvapes some have different techniques then others so by reading you get to try a few. It is a daunting task as I came to the solo late in the game and had my issues with it. Give it time and play and read if you can. You can ask questions as well and a good number of us will answer cause we are nice like that. I am willing to bet we might not even tease you for not reading the whole thread:D and even if we do you still will get the answers if you ask nicely. I personally have found it is all in the wording. I answer some and not others. IMO it just seems like some think they deserve and answer and don't have to do the work that we all had to. If they have that elitist attitude I run.

Dreamerr,
Reactions: vorrange

fubar

Ancient and opiniated inhaler
Hello vaporists!
Agreed that sub-topics would help hugely for me - 450 pages and counting is getting totally out of hand - even if you've managed to read every page.
Sometimes I find the search function really helps. OTOH maybe a wiki is a good way of systematically curating the collective wisdom distilled from this thread...

fubar,
Reactions: jardri

Ben Katz

I didn't feel like reading the whole thread, which was a mistake. Before I buy another vape I'm going to research it more. Sorry for having to ask so many questions, but I now know my solo and can help answer questions. And I also think updating the wiki with all the helpful information from this thread.

Ben Katz,
Reactions: jardri

jardri

Vapor Dreams
don't want to read the whole thread?? i can't say i blame you BUT, there is useful information in there. However.... if you want to get the important cliff notes from this thread in an easy to read place.... head over to the Vaporpedia page (link to the main page is at the top of every page here between the Help and Chat links) for the solo located here http://vaporpedia.com/wiki/Solo
I say get stoned and read the whole thread - fuck it! I did when I was new around these parts and the threads aren't just about the mechanics but in fact about learning curves, the ins and outs, what other people found useful in their journey to highness. It is a huge thread and I am not saying read each individual post but skim through the whole thing, I think you'll be pleasantly surprised at how you get in to it. No short cuts in truly becoming a vaporist. good luck and welcome to FC - feel free to PM me if you need help with your solo. I'm always up to help out my brethren!
Agreed that sub-topics would help hugely for me - 450 pages and counting is getting totally out of hand - even if you've managed to read every page.
Sometimes I find the search function really helps. OTOH maybe a wiki is a good way of systematically curating the collective wisdom distilled from this thread...

I have read the whole thread indeed. Was simply an opinion based on the chaos this thread can be and how many different aspects are treated. Searching things is good if you actually now what you are looking for but if you are a newbie its a long ride to discover some things.

jardri,

Dreamerr

Then just ask questions like Ben did. If you don't come off as lazy most of us will answer. An example would be someone asked a question one day and the answer was I believe three posts above theirs...that is lazy.

olivianewtonjohn

Ok I know it is supposed to be unfair to compare portable with plug in but I want to do just that lol. The way I see this vaporizer is that it is a portable+plug in (with 9v, 5amp power adapter also very long battery life). This will be my first vap. at 150 its at the top of my budget. How does this compare with other plug-in vaporizers in the same price range? What will be the main differences?

EDIT: Im really concerned with efficiency, how blitz it will get me, easy to clean/use, and will I be able to use it in a group setting with 2-3 other people

olivianewtonjohn,

Tweek

Ok I know it is supposed to be unfair to compare portable with plug in but I want to do just that lol. The way I see this vaporizer is that it is a portable+plug in (with 9v, 5amp power adapter also very long battery life). This will be my first vap. at 150 its at the top of my budget. How does this compare with other plug-in vaporizers in the same price range? What will be the main differences?

Just wanted to say...I loved you in Grease.:love:

Dreamerr

ONJ what are you comparing it to? The solo can't be plugged and used at the same time unless you buy a $40 power adapter. Can you rephrase your question so maybe someone can answer unless it is just me that doesn't understand.

olivianewtonjohn

ONJ what are you comparing it to? The solo can't be plugged and used at the same time unless you buy a $40 power adapter. Can you rephrase your question so maybe someone can answer unless it is just me that doesn't understand.
Sorry man im obviously a n00b. Well the power adapter from my searching seems you can use an universal as long as its a high quality/meets the specs (9v/5amps+). Regardless 3hrs is a long time and I doubt I would ever need more than that before getting to an outlet to recharge.

The just of my question is am I giving up alot getting the portable solo vs a plug-in? My thinking is that if lets say I am giving up a tiny bit yet gaining portability then its worth it. From my impression this vap. seems to be very high quality. So whats really the logic/benefit in getting a plug in?

olivianewtonjohn,

Tweek

Sorry man im obviously a n00b. Well the power adapter from my searching seems you can use an universal as long as its a high quality/meets the specs (9v/5amps+). Regardless 3hrs is a long time and I doubt I would ever need more than that before getting to an outlet to recharge.

The just of my question is am I giving up alot getting the portable solo vs a plug-in? My thinking is that if lets say I am giving up a tiny bit yet gaining portability then its worth it. From my impression this vap. seems to be very high quality. So whats really the logic/benefit in getting a plug in?

I have a silver surfer and volcano and would say if I was on a budget and had to grab the Solo only, it would satisfy me just fine. It is a good little vaporizer. I tend to use my bigger desktops when I want a really fat hit or I have a group of people over. Otherwise, I tend to use my portables more during the day.

olivianewtonjohn

I have a silver surfer and volcano and would say if I was on a budget and had to grab the Solo only, it would satisfy me just fine. It is a good little vaporizer. I tend to use my bigger desktops when I want a really fat hit or I have a group of people over. Otherwise, I tend to use my portables more during the day.
Thank you for the info. I see you have had a few models. How would the solo compare to the extreme q (same price) or vapolution ($40 less). Does the solo preform pretty close? Is it efficient? Could I smoke with 3 other people or would I be cleaning-clearing/prepping more than I would be smoking?

olivianewtonjohn,

Dreamerr

I would say an hour not three but it does charge fast. You don't want to run your battery down that far if you want it to have a long life. Some run it further then I do. I do 6 or 7 stems at most and plug in. 7 is only cause I forgot.

If your budget is $150 I can't IMO even recommend anything better. Remember this is not $150 vape at all. It just has been around a long time in the vape world so it being sold way less expensive for the moment. You might want to look into the davinci cause they are coming out with a new model and you can get some really good deals on them as well. I love both but for ease of use I still say solo.

Edit the solo is very efficient but I can't speak to vaping with others cause I do that very rarely. I can say I did share with one person before I bought and the session was fine.

Dreamerr,

Tweek

The only thing with sharing is, that I find you have to wait for it to heat back up between hits.

That, and if you are going to be going at it hard with a group of friends, you should consider the power adapter. The battery won't last too long under heavy use.

Tweek,

hoptimum

Thank you for the info. I see you have had a few models. How would the solo compare to the extreme q (same price) or vapolution ($40 less). Does the solo preform pretty close? Is it efficient? Could I smoke with 3 other people or would I be cleaning-clearing/prepping more than I would be smoking?

If Solo were an athlete it would be punching above its weight. IMO, no vape in the $160 range is even close. Solo also holds its own in the company of vaporizers that cost much more. I understand you wanting to evaluate your options, I would do the same. But buying a Solo is a no brainer for a vaporist.

AWC

Does anyone use their Solo for Kief?

I used mine last weekend for the Ravens/Patriots game.
Usually when i used flowers/buds, i get one 12 min session with each stem, until i see no vapor & the taste changes

Anyway, it could have been Ray Lewis' last game so i thought, im going to try some kief from my electric grinder with catcher (Special occasion i guess.....).

Started on number 2 when the game started, i stopped getting vapor just before the 3rd quarter ended, if you havent seen the NFL before, that about 2 hours

LORDY LORDY LORDY, Ive never been so BAKED.....

Pro Bowl on Sunday, you know what ill be doing.

AWC,

hoptimum

I used mine last weekend for the Ravens/Patriots game.
Usually when i used flowers/buds, i get one 12 min session with each stem, until i see no vapor & the taste changes

Anyway, it could have been Ray Lewis' last game so i thought, im going to try some kief from my electric grinder with catcher (Special occasion i guess.....).

Started on number 2 when the game started, i stopped getting vapor just before the 3rd quarter ended, if you havent seen the NFL before, that about 2 hours

Pro Bowl on Sunday, you know what ill be doing.

How did you pack your stem? And what will you do for the super bowl encore?

hoptimum,
Reactions: AWC

AWC

How did you pack your stem? And what will you do for the super bowl encore?

Put a screen in the stem to start, as usual.
Ive got 3g's of Keif in a baggie, put the end of the stem in the baggie and pushed pushed the keif into the stem, and then used my Extreme Q stir tool to both remove some keif (About halfway full) then the flat end of the stir tool to compact it slightly.
Added another screen to stop it falling into the stem.

Oh, i haven't even thought of that yet, im not sure on how to top that, maybe just a full keif stem? lol

The taste too...... Just amazing

Ill upload some pics later, im feeling some keif today...

EDIT: I think ill just have two bowls for the superbowl, i cant believe the bowl lasted 2 hours, usually i have three stems in an 45min/1hour period. I didnt need anything else after the keif stem

mmenzie

My friends call me "Menz"
i have a decent amount of Kief at home in storage.... i may have to try this sometime

mmenzie,

olivianewtonjohn

I can't figure out how to multi quote. Anyways, I will definitely get get a power adapter. Seeing there are replacement batteries for like $13 is good to know.

One thing I'm a little confused on is I got the same impression that this vap takes on bigger vaporizers, but how can this beat other ones in the same price range that plug in from the same company? Is the solo really better than the extreme q?

olivianewtonjohn,

I did same just before my vacation last week. Wanted to sneak in one final session before my week-long T-break and really wanting it to count, I packed a Solo stem full to the brim of the most delicious, trich-y kief.

It vaped for what seemed like forever. I started counting the number of hits, but I lost count somewhere around the 10th really good hit. Definitely over an hour of vaping continuously. Flavour was mostly pretty good throughout.

I was still feeling the effects in the airport and slightly when I boarded the plane, some two to three hours later.

I didn't bother stirring, but I bet I could stretched the flavour and the session further if I had. Nevertheless, the ABV was fairly even chocolate brown with the top layer closer to dark chocolate in colour.

I can't figure out how to multi quote. Anyways, I will definitely get get a power adapter. Seeing there are replacement batteries for like $13 is good to know.

One thing I'm a little confused on is I got the same impression that this vap takes on bigger vaporizers, but how can this beat other ones in the same price range that plug in from the same company? Is the solo really better than the extreme q?

I'm not sure 'better' is the correct term. I'd say the Solo is more useful than the EQ. There are very few occasions that I'll pick my EQ over the Solo for a session. I am somewhat biased because I like to vape through water and the Solo is superior to the EQ in the regard, imo. But tbh, I love all my vapes, and I just find the Solo is the vape I most consistently reach for because of it's consistently solid performance.

If you are getting the Power Adapter, it's pretty much the same as getting a home unit imo.

Also keep in mind what someone else said a few posts back; the Solo is not a $160 vape. It's a $230-250 vape that's on sale for $160.

olivianewtonjohn

I did same just before my vacation last week. Wanted to sneak in one final session before my week-long T-break and really wanting it to count, I packed a Solo stem full to the brim of the most delicious, trich-y kief.

It vaped for what seemed like forever. I started counting the number of hits, but I lost count somewhere around the 10th really good hit. Definitely over an hour of vaping continuously. Flavour was mostly pretty good throughout.

I was still feeling the effects in the airport and slightly when I boarded the plane, some two to three hours later.

I didn't bother stirring, but I bet I could stretched the flavour and the session further if I had. Nevertheless, the ABV was fairly even chocolate brown with the top layer closer to dark chocolate in colour.

I'm not sure 'better' is the correct term. I'd say the Solo is more useful than the EQ. There are very few occasions that I'll pick my EQ over the Solo for a session.
If you are getting the Power Adapter, it's pretty much the same as getting a home unit imo.
SWEET that was exactly my idea. Last comparison, solo vs DBV (found it for 140-160)? Does the solo still beat it or at least keep up (ie am I giving up allot). I was unable to find a picture of the McDonald's cup mod, anyone have it handy?

olivianewtonjohn,
Top Bottom