Arizer Solo

jardri

Vapor Dreams
I wouldn't say that's what it's supposed to do. I've owned 6+ Solo's since release and 3 or 4 of the battery bypass power adapters and have never noticed a difference between heat using the battery vs power adapter. I may have not noticed this, but I have an eye of a hawk and very picky/notice little things like this. My only idea is that when using the PA I keep cycling and using it more than if using the battery, so maybe the heater/SS bowl just gets hotter/retains more heat with consecutive cycles.

I have tried it on a friend´s Solo and runs just as you say but in my Solo the red heater light blinks slightly less when connected. Maybe It seems to run cooler because the heater is working less time. I am starting to think the problem is some sort of firmware issue because my Solo is a ceramic M102 but as this problem doesn´t bother me anyway I will just use more temperature when using it plugged

jardri,

bochen

In case anybody cares I returned the solo mentioned in http://fuckcombustion.com/threads/arizer-solo.3833/page-429#post-318832 and got money back.

Today a new solo from different retailer arrived (M1A3 too) - this time the charger is broken (EDIT: got two mild electric shocks from it).

I'm starting to think this thing is not so high quality as people say, or maybe the recent series do have some problems.
OTOH both seem to be damaged mechanically, so maybe it's the shipping that is to blame?

bochen,

CHIDOY

bochen.... i truly believe its 2 cases of bad luck with your solos. thats is unfortunate as the solos are really high quality builds imo. i'd hate that those 2 bad experiences would turn you off a solo but i really believe that if u got a "good" solo it would change your opinion right away. good luck

jambandphan03

in flavor country
yeah that sounds like a bad run of luck to me too. I just bought a m107 from an ebay seller (new) and it's working exactly as it should. I have had 4 solos total, and all have worked. bought 3 from amazon

jambandphan03,

bochen

Thanks for the kind words again - I'm still keen on trying it out, however I think people have the right to know (OK that sounds a bit pathetic ;)).

BTW. Does anybody else also think that the "instruction manual" (http://ebookbrowse.com/arizer-solo-manual-pdf-d291104437) is rather poor quality?
It's not like I care about it too much (who reads manuals anyway?) - but I found it rather suprising/odd.

bochen,
Reactions: jardri

jardri

Vapor Dreams
BTW. Does anybody else also think that the "instruction manual" (http://ebookbrowse.com/arizer-solo-manual-pdf-d291104437) is rather poor quality?
It's not like I care about it too much (who reads manuals anyway?) - but I found it rather suprising/odd.

It is more like a customs stealth adapter more than a manual, like the diffusor dish.. Who uses it anyway? This thread is the best Solo manual you will ever find IMO

Dreamerr

Always in a state of confusion and silliness♀
Thanks for the kind words again - I'm still keen on trying it out, however I think people have the right to know (OK that sounds a bit pathetic ;)).

What is going on with your new one? Now maybe or hopefully it is user error. Tell us all so if we can we will help.

Dreamerr,

Ben Katz

I have to put up some vids but last night I rant the cloud and the solo at the same time through the cloud buddy - holy shit it hit me like a freight train. :rockon:

That sounds freaking great, I'd love to see these videos to.

Ben Katz,

b0

Cloudy...
Just out of curiosity, what you usually do with new units? first charge them or use it till it goes red and full charge?

Back in the days I always do a full 12 hours charge in every gadget I buy before using it and my batteries always perform better than my friends. Don't know if this batteries are the same or what's the best to do.

b0,

hoptimum

Just out of curiosity, what you usually do with new units? first charge them or use it till it goes red and full charge?

Back in the days I always do a full 12 hours charge in every gadget I buy before using it and my batteries always perform better than my friends. Don't know if this batteries are the same or what's the best to do.

Charge fully then run at 7 for a while to burn off the chemical smell

hoptimum,

fubar

Ancient and opiniated inhaler
Don't know if this batteries are the same or what's the best to do.
Lithium polymer batteries don't seem to need much special care - just lots of respect in terms of their ability to catch fire on those new dreamliner planes...
I even read some suggestion somewhere that deep discharge recommended to prolong your nimh rechargable AA's might actually be slightly harmful to these.
Bound to be lots of opinions here - but for sure burn off any chemical residue by running a few full 12 minute to shutoff cycles on 7 before first use.... mine gave off mild robofart smells at first

fubar,
Reactions: b0

BSF33

I just placed my order on ebay for a solo. This will be my first vape and I'm really excited to get it in the mail within the next few days.

Thanks everyone on here for all the great info.

Dreamerr

Welcome to the club BSF. Let us know how you like it and spend some time getting used to how you use it. IMHO it takes time to understand it and the best way for you to use it. I had a horrible time for a few weeks now I love it.

grassman

Had my solo less than a week. First time ever I tried vaping. Super easy to use. Best thing I ever bought.. Gets me higher than smoking , high lasts longer, and uses 1/2 the herb than smoking did. plus my lungs feel way better and no lingering smell to deal with. Goodby smoking, hello vape sessions....

BSF33

So when I recieve my solo I need to charge it and then blast it on high for awhile to get the taste out of it?

And also, should I buy screens for the stem or use it as it is?

Thanks
BSF

BSF33,

hoptimum

So when I recieve my solo I need to charge it and then blast it on high for awhile to get the taste out of it?

And also, should I buy screens for the stem or use it as it is?

Thanks
BSF
buy screens, those little holes in the stem aren't small enough to screen the finely ground particulates. I think they're half inch in diameter, the same as the Iolite

Obi-Wan Cannabinoid

Cannabis Council
Welcome to the club BSF. Let us know how you like it and spend some time getting used to how you use it. IMHO it takes time to understand it and the best way for you to use it...<snip> .

This statement is spot on. I received my Solo a couple weeks ago. I've only been able to use it about 5 times so far, a friend was considering switching to vaporizers so I lent it to him to try first hand for a few days, and I'm still getting to know it.

From my research the Solo was about as close as I was going to get to a non-portable table top style vaporizer for vapor quality, variable temperature and construction quality. I required the semi-compact and semi-discrete size of the Solo. There are much smaller units out there better suited for carrying around in your pocket but I vap 99% at home before bed for insomnia and mild pain relief and wasn't as concerned about carrying it around in public. The Solo's size does lend it to be easily stored in a nightstand drawer or tucked discretely in a cupboard though.

I fill the bowl in the tube by using the tube as a straw and sucking the ground herb from my grinder compartment. I get a couple dry bits in my mouth this way but I simply add them to the bowl. My dumb fingers tend to make a mess of things when trying to pinch a bit from the grinder and fill it by hand and I can live with this process until I find a better solution. I've tried a couple regular pipe screens that I had laying around but they didn't seem to fit quite right and fell out unexpectedly.

The variable temperature is what I am still dialing in for myself. Level 4 or 5 seems to be a good middle ground to start at and worked well for me. Yesterday I tried level 2 and got a nice head buzz. I left the herb in the Solo for use later in the evening at a higher temp before bed. Hitting that ABV that same night with level 6 resulted in the body relaxation and sedative effect I wanted for bed time. The science of the boiling points of different cannabinoids tells me this is the outcome I should expect. I'm hopeful this is repeatable but am reserving judgement for a few weeks yet while I try more settings and combinations.

All of this is not to say the Solo is mechanically difficult or confusing to use. It's that, for me at least, it seems to allow each individual the ability to find their own sweet spot. That's a beautiful thing but takes some patience, a little trial and error and a dash of research.

Good luck with your new Solo. I hope it arrives quickly and enjoy the process of getting to know it :)

Dreamerr

Great post Obi, I am in the minority and think that the solo has a learning curve not for temps but for draw as well. It took me a while not to get a headache although when I got mine my sinuses were bad which didn't help matters. I was still able to use my other vapes without issue. I use my solo on 3 almost exclusively. If I use my cute little water bubbler I use it on 4 and sometimes 5. I never found a reason for that hot hot vape on higher temps. It hurts a lot to me.

As far as the screen, you need a bigger screen to start with and cut it down. You don't want to make it fit perfect. You want it slightly bigger so when you put it in it domes up towards the stash. This makes the bowl very slightly smaller, increases surface area, and helps with pieces in your mouth which I like lol.

If you ever do an order from PV then order ones they made for the solo. I am getting some so I can let you know if they dome or not. I am not sure and my guess is they don't. I don't know how I feel about that if they don't but only time will tell.

The solo is great lying in bed and I use it more often then my others in bed where I am most of the time. INH for out and about and SSV for quick hits. DV for change of pace and different head.

hoptimum

Great post Obi, I am in the minority and think that the solo has a learning curve not for temps but for draw as well. It took me a while not to get a headache although when I got mine my sinuses were bad which didn't help matters. I was still able to use my other vapes without issue. I use my solo on 3 almost exclusively. If I use my cute little water bubbler I use it on 4 and sometimes 5. I never found a reason for that hot hot vape on higher temps. It hurts a lot to me.

As far as the screen, you need a bigger screen to start with and cut it down. You don't want to make it fit perfect. You want it slightly bigger so when you put it in it domes up towards the stash. This makes the bowl very slightly smaller, increases surface area, and helps with pieces in your mouth which I likes lol.

If you ever do an order from PV then order ones they made for the solo. I am getting some so I can let you know if they dome or not. I am not sure and my guess is they don't. I don't know how I feel about that if they don't but only time will tell.

The solo is great lying in bed and I use it more often then my others in bed where I am most of the time. INH for out and about and SSV for quick hits. DV for change of pace and different head.

Nice post, Dreamerr, have you tried the 1/2 inch screens that fit in the Iolite in your Solo stems? They seem to fit pretty well and would eliminate the necessity of having to cut up larger screens.

hoptimum,

Dreamerr

I don't have an iolite but have tons of .625 screens that Randy sent me from his friend. I ordered the solo screens just to see the difference cause I put in a big order so what was another few bucks.

Edit what was up with the fingers this time..."which I likes" omv - oh my vodka

Dreamerr,

mmenzie

My friends call me "Menz"
buy screens, those little holes in the stem aren't small enough to screen the finely ground particulates. I think they're half inch in diameter, the same as the Iolite

screens are not necessary but they can be a preference. i have had my solo for over a year and i don't use screens and have NEVER got bits in my mouth except when i did the "suck up to load" method without a screen. i have since stopped using that method and load by hand. yes i do grind but i have never eaten any flowers using the solo without a screen. again, this is my preference and many do use screens... i am just saying they are not 100% necessary.

grassman

Tried the technique obiwan describes above and wow, super hits.. i take 3-4 hits on a low temp(3), then crank it up to 6 for bomber hits.. low temp seems to dry the goods a little prior to level 6 action.. lasts even longer this way if you can believe that.. i guess there still is much to learn about temp settings vs effects. thanks wise ones!

grassman,

jardri

Vapor Dreams
Hello vaporists!
Reading the whole Arizer Solo thread is just madness, and I was thinking if we could divide the thread into sub-threads like: Reviews, accesories, home made, howtos, etc.. so all the useful information could be found.

Top Bottom